Steroid FAQ

Peetie

Bluelighter
FAQ Steroid 1.0
I What are Anabolic Steroids
Anabolic steroids (AS) are synthetic derivative of testosterone (the male sex hormone). Testosterone is responsible for normal growth and development of the male sex organs and for the maintenance of secondary sex characteristics which include growth and maturation of the prostate, seminal vesicles, penis, and scrotum. Furthermore, testosterone help in thickening of the vocal cord, the alteration in body musculature and fat distribution, and the retention of nitrogen, water, and electrolytes.
II. The Good/Bad/Ugly (Taken from usenet)
Anabolic steroids are associated with numerous side effects. Most of the side effects are mild and reversible. However, some are permanent and life threatening.
In both sexes:
Acne
Carcinoma
Decrease in HDL to LDL (good to bad cholesterol) ratio
Depression
Edema due to fluid and electrolytes retention
Impotence
Increased or decreased libido
Insomnia
Liver cell tumors
Male pattern baldness
Nausea
Vomiting
In males:
Prostate Enlargement
Bladder irritability
Gynecomastia
Increased frequency of erection (And thats a bad thing??) LOL
Inhibition of testicular function
Testicular atrophy
In females:
Clitoral enlargement
Deepening of voice
Increase in facial and body hair
Menstrual irregularities
III. WOW No that your big how are your nuts and why do you have breasts???
Well many people think that your testes do shrink with roid usage..they can BUT it IS EASILY Controlable...and so is the gyno.
Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolvadex; Tamoxifen; Tamoxan)
Tamoxifen Citrate (TC) act on preventing gynecomastia (Gyno aka bitch tits) by blocking the receptor sites in the breast area. It is usually used with drugs that are easily converted to Estrogen (i.e. Testosterone and Anadrol). It comes in 10-40 mg tablets.
Dosage: 10-20 mg/day
Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid; Omifin; Serophene)
Clomid is a drug that is used to normalize the function of the testes. It acts directly on the hypothalamus to produce LH and FSH thus increasing the level of Testosterone in the body.
Dosage: 50-100 mg/day
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (Chorex; Gonic; Pregnyl)
HCG is a drug used to jump start the body's own production of testosterone after the end of a steroid cycle. It act in the body by imitating the action of LH (a hormone that regulated testosterone production).
Dosage: 1,500/5,000 Unit two to three times a week
IV. Are Steroids Addictive??
While Steroids are not Physically Addictive many people become mentally addicted to them feeling without them they cannot be who they are and accomplish what they would like to.
DRUG USE IN BODYBUILDING
GHB Use in Bodybuilding (Taken From UG Letter #1..Thanx CE!)
GHB is an interesting tool in a bodybuilders arsenal. A lot of bodybuilders swear by it, and a few will tell you it's no good. It is supposed to raise your Growth Hormone levels dramatically. Needless to say, and elevated GH level will make your muscles grow bigger, and the growth will be permanent. Some bodybuilders do not agree with this. I think GHB has received a bad rap due to some ignorant teens using it to get high with. But read on, and hopefully you can make an educated decision for yourself. By the way, I have some coming in so I can try it. I will report my experience next month in the November issue.
Gamma-hydroxybutrate or better known as GHB is a naturally occurring metabolite and precursor to gamma-aminobutrate or GABA. GHB was a widely available over the counter drug/supplement until it was banned by the FDA in 1990. GHB has many beneficial effects, but is used by bodybuilders because it is supposed to raise growth hormone levels! Studies, and tests on human subjects that were administered GHB have shown to cause as much as a sixteen-fold increase in natural growth hormone levels. But this in not all good, because along with the raise in growth hormone levels it also has shown increased levels of prolactin. Prolactin can counteract many of the positive effects of an elevated growth hormone levels. This may explain why some bodybuilders don't believe that GHB raises the growth hormone levels. On the positive side, many bodybuilders do feel that GHB can give performance enhancing effects such as increases to lean body mass and more strength. Some bodybuilders do not seem to experience higher lean body mass and strength, but they do feel that it helps accelerate body fat loss.
Another positive effect of using GHB is as a sleep aid. A small dosage will induce a relaxed state, maybe euphoria, and drowsiness. Using a higher dosage will help the user fall asleep quickly. GHB aids in the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) and slow-wave sleep, and unlike other sleep aids, GHB will not interrupt any stages of the natural sleep patterns. This is important in obtaining a complete nights rest. We all know that sleep/rest is important for recuperation and muscle recovery. The only negative with a GHB-induced sleep is that some users tend to wake up 3-4 hours later when the GHB will temporary inhibit the release of dopamine in the brain, and at the same time, will increase the dopamine storage. When the GHB wears off, there will be a sudden increase of dopamine release and that is what may cause some of the users to wake up in the middle of the night. This is more likely to happen, when too high of a dosage is used. If this happens, then you need to lower the dosage. Another way to negate this is to take another dose when you wake up to allow for more sleep. Some GHB users will experience feelings of improved well-being, alertness on the next day after a night of GHB induced sleep. This is probably due to the increase of dopamine released in the brain. I can relate and agree with this because if you have ever been on the diet drugs Phen-Fen, you will feel this a lot. Phen-Fen increases the levels of dopamine and seratonin in your brain. You don't feel hungry, but the biggest side effect that I had, was not being able to sleep. The well-being and happiness feelings are very present. Bill Phillips the great bullshit artist, master of the double standard, said he tried Phen-Fen and it made him feel listless. What an ass! Well we all know that he never has done drugs and the secret to big muscles is to buy EAS products and listen to his great expertise. I hate...........whoa! Hold on here! Oh yeah, GHB. Sorry folks I had to get that out, Now what was I saying? .......Oh yeah.
Along with euphoria, relaxation it can also enhance your sensuality, lower your anxiety, and inhibitions. It can also exhibit prosexual effects by improving your sense of touch, which in sex can enhance a mans erectile capacity. It can also increase ones sensitivity on an orgasm. This is why GHB has gained popularity as a recreational drug. But athletes choose GHB over alcohol, because unlike alcohol, GHB will not hinder athletic performance. Also, needless to say, GHB will not cause hangovers the next day. Sometimes GHB is used as an effective treatment of alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
XTC
While xtc is not a reccommended drug of choice in bodybuilding many pros use this drug to lose weight when they are cutting. We all here at bluelight know tht when on E we arent Hungry now are we!
The Imfamous Roid Rage......
Answer theere is no such thing!! Here are a few Post from a msg board..
Personally, i think theres no such thing as roid rage. Ive done my share of cycles and im not the most easy going guy, and ive never once flipped out. I think its all mental, just an excuse to act like you have balls.
I hear it and hear it but dont buy it the slightest amount. Pure myth.
It showed higher level test relaxed the body. Or coming off when naturel test production is slow and levels get below normal is the prime time for "rage" if your that type of person. Meaning rage ONLY comes from people who cant control themselves.
Roid rage is just a phenomenon created by the media and jumped on by lawers to get reduced charges for there defendants.
Obviously agression is uprated when on the juice, but I agree with all the posts above -especially the line:
"If you are an asshole on roids , you were probably just as much of an asshole without them."
Now then...RAge is Just Well Its not there just because you take certain said drugs does not make you an animal to society...
Its Late ill add more tomorrow im tired...anyone else feel free to chime in

Anyone have anything else to add? This is a great start..
My only comment is that I *DO* believe "roid rage" to be real, as I have seen to many people go through it... still, we agree to disagree...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

Um, I do realize the irony in questioning the pouint of steroids on a drug board, but what the heck... What is the point of taking steroids and screwing with one's hormone balance? A person of even modest genetic endowment can get strong and fit without the use of them and will be a lot healthier for it. Is it for actual performance (in a sport or something related)? Or is it for the aesthetics of being huge? Cos it seems that very few women find really big muscles attractive and the negatives (acne, hair loss) seem to be worse than the benefits. The level of muscularity that is attractive to women is achievable through the old standard of lifting, food and sleep, so why cheat? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely curious. I realize that, as a drug user, it may sound hypocritical, but I don't use recreation drugs in a way that will cause long-term negative effects. Do you believe that steroids can be done in a non-harmful way? What goals were you unable to achieve without steroids that led you to using them? What gains in muscle have you had? How quickly do you lose the gains after discontinuing use?
------------------
Death. Inevitable. If death was inevitable, what was left? Style. Only style.

SCOBY-not meaning to dis you,but i can tell by your post that you have never tried to workout for any type of duration..the whole gamer of lifting weights and working out is a very hard and difficult one..one must "live" it in order to constantly get stronger and more muscular..once one has lifted for a certain amount of time,their results sort of "plateau" and it doesnt seem that no matter how many "legal" supplements' they take,no matter how much they change their diet or routine,they still cant seem to grow or get stronger..they look around the gyms and see these "musclemen" and those same guys are getting bigger and stronger it seems everytime they hit the gym..to the average joe,they get depressed and think that they are doing something wrong..they start to read up on various "things" and then they come to a conclusion...those "bigboys" are using ANABOLICS to get to that size and strength..thats the ONLY way to get a SUPERHUMAN physique...they start on their venture to get some ANABOLICS..thats one of the things that "entices" some people to use ANABOLICS..
another thing is in our society today,we are tought to want things RIGHT NOW...we dont want to wait for anything,we want them right now and here..if we have to wait and have to actually put effort into it,we will forget about it and move onto something else..thats just society itself...so the seconbd thing that makes people start using ANABOLICS is the fact that they want to get results EVERYTIME they go into a gym..they want to get 20" arms in a few months...
i have never used steroids,but will sometime this year..i have been lifting for years and have almost come to my genetic potential..i will start my first cycle in a few months...i DO believe STEROIDS can be used in a SAFE,EFFECTIVE manner..i have seen MANY people use them to EXCESSIVE amounts and still in their 60's they are still ticking like the average joe...moderation is the KEY...just like any other drug..
im sure more people have died from EXSTACY THIS YEAR alone than those whom have died the last 5-10 years from STROID ABUSE ...im talking about deaths that can be linked directly to STEROIDS,and NOT an over consumption of ALCOHOL or other drugs in ADDITION to the STEROIDS..

Cheating I Disagree...What about those people (girls) that get breast implants cause they are flat as a wall?? Then that must be cheating to huh? Being Its Illegal in the USA i understand yer point But What if one is to move to say mexico where it is legal Does that then change your point of view on the subject?? If These Drugs are used correctly You can keep and maintain 50-70% of your gains..And sorry while for some people it may be about the looks and for the woman but for the majority its not (Where you ever a loser in HS and then wanted to change by the 10 yr reunion??) Also i Agree With Drip on this one..Look how many people die each yr from abuse of alcohol,XTC,nicotine etc...then go look at the deaths related to Roid usage DIRECTLY...i would like for someone to find me an article that states someone died from injecting to much oil into themselves or from any other realted roid... (NOT SYNTHOL) cause people have died from synthol eg. Mainlining the synthol. Thats enough for now

Actually, I do lift and have been for a while. This is why it is especially interesting to me. No, I'm not huge, but I'm much stronger than when I started and building a physique that is both healthy and aesthetically pleasing. What makes me interested is that I see plenty of freakuishly huge guys and I wonder what they could possibly be thinking. I've never met a girl who finds that look attractive, although a lot of gay guys do. So who are the huge guys trying to get huge for? If it was for sports performance, I could understand. But if its for looks, then why ignore your primary demographic?
Do most juicers do it for the instant gratification? I admit that it is frustrating to be stuck on a lift for a while, but the progress always does come. I also intend to get to a certain level of muscularity and then just maintain it. Why is the goal of boodybuilders apparently to keep getting bigger? I'm not sure what the point is.
The irony in this all is one is supposed to hit the weight room to become *healthier*. As steroids will make one less healthy, don't they run counter to the goals in the gym? Maybe it's just me.
I'm not claiming that steroids will kill you. Hell, I don't know that. I'm not sure if you do either. But living into one's sixties is not exactly an achievment and lifters of the thirty years ago were using a lot less juice than today's. So it is a bit of a long term experiment. Have you seen pictures of pre-steroids bodybuilders? The biggest of them wouldn't make it anywhere near a muscle magazine these days. Too small.
So, the question is now: why are you lifting? Do steroids make sense in the context of your goals? Do you think you can continue to maintain your physique for an extended period?
Yeah, and I do think boob jobs are cheating (and rather unattractive).
------------------

using steroids is NOT cheating..ONLY when one uses steroids aginst athletees who are NOT using steroids,then it is cheating..using it to better ONESELF is not cheating..simpla as that..
well,most people i know always strive to get bigger and stronger..they never want to be the same,day after day,they want to get stronger and bigger..who wanst to bust their ass in the gym everyday,and eat right,only to stay the same size??that doesnt even make sense to me..
i lift weights to make myself feel GOD...to me,there is NOTHING better than gettting in a good workout..i feel like i am ontop of the world..there is NO drug that can make me feel like that..that one of the reaons i lift..SECONDLY,i lift because i love it..i love hitting the weights..i look forward to it everyday..its alot better than sitting on your ass and weatching the TUBE everyday..most of my buddies always say their tired,and dont feel like doing anything..thats because they NEVER DO ANYTHING!!!lifting weights is a great way to relieve stress..THIRDLY,i like the whole concept of GETTIMNG SRONGER and BIGGER...what guy out there doesnt like being a stronger,more FIT man??some guys say they dont,but usually that is because they dont have the determination,NOR willl or ability to make changes on oneself..
why do guys want to get freakishly huge and strong??im not sure,but they must liike that look..i dont want to look like LOU FERRIGNO,but do want to get much stronger and bigger than i am now..
i know for a fact that steroids are not the deadly drugs most make them out to be..mosdt of this BS is due to TEENAGERS(who didnt know what they were doing)taking HUGE doses when they were stil in JUNIOR HIGH..they ended up getting BITCH TITS,and other side effects like STUNTED GROWTH..this caught the attention of the MEDIA,and then our good LITTLE,BISEXUAL friend LYLE ALZEDO had the nerve to come out on national tv and BLAME steroids on his deteriating physical condition,when the TRUE CULPRIT behind his condition was the AIDS VIRUS...the media realy jumped all over that and soon after the STEROID ACT came into effect...this and a few other things is what put the NAIL INTO THE COFFIn for STEROIDS...its too bad..

What a great thread lets keep it up!! Drip is right the media has taken every little mishap and multiplied it by a thousand to make it look that much worse. Steroids are not deadly like drip says...If used correctly there is not really any harm done...take it for what its worth..and yes they do make u FEEL GOOD and everyone knows when you feel good about yourself everything else u do is usually better...during my cycle i noticed more people coming up to me and talking than when i wasnt on..you feel better about yourself and in the long run who cares what everyone else thinks as long as you are ok and feeling good about yourself

What a great thread lets keep it up!! Drip is right the media has taken every little mishap and multiplied it by a thousand to make it look that much worse. Steroids are not deadly like drip says...If used correctly there is not really any harm done...take it for what its worth..and yes they do make u FEEL GOOD and everyone knows when you feel good about yourself everything else u do is usually better...during my cycle i noticed more people coming up to me and talking than when i wasnt on..you feel better about yourself and in the long run who cares what everyone else thinks as long as you are ok and feeling good about yourself

I agree with you on most points. I work out to feel good. I want to get stronger and fitter. I think that sitting on one's ass and getting fat is pathetic and weak. I enjoy the feeling of lifting weights. So far, I'm with you. I just don't think that any realistic strength goals are unattainable without steroids, so why bother with them? That is, the only unachievable body for a natural lifter is the one they don't really want...the freakishly huge one. I guess if that's what floats your boat, that's ok, but I wouldn't confuse it with being healthy. But I'm not trying to be really negative here, I really just don't quite understand the mindset and want it explained. Did you lift weights unsuccessfully before steroids? What have your gains been like since switching to the juice? I know I'll never be particularly huge simply because I don't have the genetics for it, but then again, I don't really want to be. And as for lifting and not getting stronger, well exercise in general is an attempt to maintain one's health. Plenty of people get cardio to "stay in shape" with no expectation of continuously getting fitter (because one inevitably runs into one's genetic limits). That said, I wish everyone would lift weights because having muscle mass is the only true way to stay healthy and lean. It may not come across in my postings that well, but I'm really not trying to be excessively critical. Especially as I do recreational drugs.
------------------

Firstly I would like to 'Peetie' on starting a great thread. I am of a similiar mindset to 'Scoby'
Fortunately some of my misconceptions have been dispelled. My friend told me that you have a flat % chance of developing 'bitch tits'. I also thought that juice 'shuts off your nuts'.
I guess I was/am prejudgiced against steroids. From media stories and seeing dudes that are TOO big and look ugly.
I like to lift weights , it is great exercise for your body. Makes you look good , feel good , great for your bones + esential in weight management.
I love to think of growing 'metabolically active tissue'.
smile.gif

"who cares what everyone else thinks as long as you are ok and feeling good about yourself"
You are 100% correct. I think this is really important. People should be free to be who they want to be. Also do what they want with their own bodies. It is essential for freedom and happyness. The only clause is that you aren't hurting yourself and others , but then it is not so cut and dry , as externalities come in.
Too big?
-------
A good reason to work out is visual appeal, ie you wanna pull the ladies. Some dudes use juice to get too big. They look ugly , but different people have different goals/priorities.
Cheating?
---------
Hell yeah it is cheating!!!! Why should I work my ass off in the gym for months, eat protein 6 times a day & endure early morning intense cardio.
Just so some other dude can take drugs and get gains disproportionate to the sacrifice?
I guess that is if you think of steroids as a short cut. Ohters I am sure use it responsibily as a tool, in part of a discipling training lifestyle.
I read somewhere that you still have to train hard and eat right on steroids , they aren't magic.
Anyone can gain muscle all you need is:
*avoid under training
*avoid over training
*work to complete failure and beyond
*eat 6 meals a day all with protein.
If you do all this and are unhappy with your results. Examine what you want. Are your golas and expectations unreasonable + results take time ( vs instant gratification as Scoby outlined).
You gotta accept genetical limits and individual differences. Keep the info coming I have got LOTS to learn!

I am very pleased at home this is comming along - lets keep our arguements INTELLIGENT and not turn to name calling - I want to add this one to the archives and FAQ forum as well ...
A few points to address -
1) Counterfiets - my (former) roomie went through just about every steroid known to man, and through his dealings he would come across a lot of FAKES - some were horrible and obvious, but others - most in fact - were almost IMPOSSIBLE to tell from the real shit... he had some "Winstrol" ampules that were *almost* FLAWLESS - but they were full of vegtable oil (a common substitute I guess) .. when compared to the real amps, the only difference was that printing on the fakes was not as 'sharp' and definied as the real deal .. can you give pointers on how to tell the real from the fakes? Also, can you give some info on buying? What can a novice do to avoide being ripped off? Common scams? And are fitness centers REALLY the best places to cop?
2) Use - lets say someone wanted to use steroids to not get "totally ripped", but simply make their workouts a little more productive - what are some "cycle examples"?
Any other questions? This will eventually be drafted to an offical FAQ ..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

you're right about the fakes, I'd say at least half of the steroids sold are fake. The number of fakes is even higher in Mexico, we had to go to 10 different pharms to find even one brand that had anything real. To find real stuff in Mexico you have to get at least a few hours away from the high tourist/commerce area boarder towns.

About the Fakes...Yes there are many..AS for your friend getting veg oil as winstrol..he must of bought from a real idiot as winstrol is water based and is white (zambon) and niot oily.
Pointers.....
Many of the new produtcs out there such as Tokkyo (they are taking over the roid market!!) have security features such as holograms and flip off tops. If you See the flip off top is missing id stay away from buying it as it may have been tampered with.
Buying Pills Make sure the pills arent loose and you know what the pills look like and some of the qualitys.Also if buying tubs of dbol (thai or Ttokkyo) Make sure the tubs are sealed with the wrap still on them.
As For mex He Said it best the further away you go the less likely chance you are to encounter Fakes and the prices are even Cheaper.
Cycles....
Not get Totally Ripped but gain some strength and size...I would say Primo or Eq at a low-med dosage for 8 weeks would be a good start! What do you think bry?
Buying from thr gymrat.....
Most of the time its a safe bet your getting legit gear and its also to say your ass will hurt because he will rape you price wise!! Shit even i do it...i buy amps overseas for $2.50 and over the net they go for $10 but in the gym $20-$25...A $50 bottle of deca in the gym will get me close to $400..YOu can see what i mean
wink.gif
but many people sacrifice the $ for the fact they know they are getting real gear.
ALso as with ANYTHING out there these are counterfitted and there are fakes just be carefule guys.!
And with that im off to bed....again

I don't know for sure if it was supposed to be Winstrol or something else - the printing on the ampule was green, and the REAL shit looked EXACTLY like the fake (the vegetable oil) .. one thing I DID notice about the fakes - the ampules were NOT pre-scored .. that is, with a REAL ampule of injectable fluid, you kind of "snap" the top off - with the fakes, they didn't CLEANLY break...
Again, I am DEFINITLY not the expert ..
------------------

Peetie I have a question for you. Ok you take steroids, right? If yes then have you ever experienced any side effects? Also how long have you been taking them? If you haven't gotten any side effects do you take the estrogen blockers to help keep the side effects away? Thanks.

Ok...Yes i take them i have been taking them for 2 yrs now but have been reading about them for about 3. I did about a yr of research before i did not just jump into it. This cycle i am on an estrogen "blocker" called armidex about $250 for 15 pills...i take a 1/4 tab ED with my regular stuff...im into my 3rd week...so far no "bitch tits" no acne i still have my hair and i havent flipped on anyone
redface.gif
)

i heard that one of the common side effects was acme on the upper back, is this true?

I still have a number of questions. How long did you lift before using steroids? How much did you gain before? How much did you gain after starting the juice? What are your goals (strength/size)? Are you coming close to achieving those goals?
I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm curious. Obviously, I'm not trying to get as big as you want to get (I'm assuming), because I think I can get to my goals without steroids. But I'd still like to know as much as possible.
Do you know steroid users who have gotten side effects? What did they do wrong?
------------------

Well, i am going to leave all of my opinions out of this, and just offer up another resource that i have found very helpful:
http://www.elitefitness.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi
(refer to the Anabolic Discussion board for general questions, or the Counterfeit board for info on fakes, etc... there are lots of good specific topics on here.)
Elite Fitness's forum... all the info about all sorts of health questions in the field of bodybuilding. All of these guys (and girls!!) have a wealth of knowledge on the subject... and first hand experience.
i hope this helps dispell some debates, or aid in anyone's quest at gaining VALID information.
be well...
.da angel.
~~~~on a side note, the board puts out a newsletter that has been a real informative source on not just training and supplements - but on drugs in general, though that info has not been entirely without bias... i posted some info about 2c-b, 2c-t-7, and 5-meo-dipt the other day - from their newsletter.)
------------------
if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?