• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol bed wetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevelE21

Bluelighter
I know this sounds ridiculous but when I drink heavily I tend to wet the bed. Most of the time it happens when I drink a lot of beer. I live in a town where not a lot goes on so I buy beer on weekends and drink at home. I urinate when I need to but when I go to sleep I wake up with a wet bed. I was wondering if this kinda thing happens normally. Is it a psychological problem that makes me wet the bed when I drink heavily or is it just the intoxication that makes me sleep through the need of waking up to urinate?

Do you smoke before you sleep? Or in any case, do you have vivid dreams?

Twice in my life, when I used nicotine patches (which cause insanely vivid dreams) I fell asleep after drinking, and then I felt the need to urinate, I would dream that i went to the bathroom and start peeing, only to realize that I've wetted my underwear (luckily, I always wake up as soon as it happens so I never really wet the bed).

I guess that's why they call it being "piss drunk" [slide whistle]. I've heard all sorts of stories about "inappropriate" pissing on alcohol, including one about a guy who pissed into his suitcase (as in, he topped it off and zipped the suitcase closed) and didn't remember it at all...boy was he fucking surprised in the morning.

Riemann Zeta said:
I guess that's why they call it being "piss drunk" [slide whistle]. I've heard all sorts of stories about "inappropriate" pissing on alcohol, including one about a guy who pissed into his suitcase (as in, he topped it off and zipped the suitcase closed) and didn't remember it at all...boy was he fucking surprised in the morning.
As an amusing side story, when I was about 6 I slept walked into the hall, thought i was in the bathroom, pulled my trouser snake out of my PJs and urinated on a rug, and then went back to bed.

Hey level... don't be embarassed at all. I live with 5 other guys and two of them have the exact same problem as you. Anytime they get completely trashed they usually have about a 50% chance of waking up in their own urine. One of them has actually pissed all over his girlfriend on a couple of occasions. This may be little consolation to you... im sure it really sucks and can probably be embarassing, but just know your certainly not the only one out there. As far as remedies go im not entirely sure what to say. Obviously make sure you get it all out right before you fall asleep, but other than that im not sure what can be done. It might be worth it to invest in some plastic sheets, just for nights of heavy drinking. Other than that I dunno. Talk to your doctor about it though, see what he has to say. Whether youre underage or even just embarrassed shouldn't be an issue. He might even have some simple remedy that could really make life a lot easier. Good Luck either way.

i think the simple remedy is getting less trashed and that's what any doctor will tell you. in my experience, this usually happens when you get wasted and then go to sleep right afterwards. if you stop drinking and stay awake long enough to piss more, then it won't happen. but of course this means you need to get less trashed because if you drink enough, the urge to sleep will become overwhelming and you'll go to bed without pissing enough and possibly wet your bed.

^ very sound advice. Yeah, im of the school of thought that says some people can only drink until they throw up and others can drink until they pass out. I assume you are the pass-out type? That's probably a mixed blessing. Yeah, while the pass out types may be able to drink more than a lot of their buddies... They are also generally the ones that black out and wet the bed. Since your body doesn't have that delightful reflex that tells you enough is enough (by vomiting)... you're probably going to have to learn some self-dicipline. Try planning your night a little better and be sure that you are sober enough to maintain about an hour and a half or so before bed. This will hopefully allow you to get the last couple of beers out of your system before you hit the hay. I could be entirely off-base- maybe you don't even throw that many back, but if you tend to crash half-way through a beer then maybe think about practicing a more planned out drinking style. I am by no means preaching temperance, I love to get nice and wasted once in a while, but its definitely worth it in the AM to try and control your intake a little bit.

I can honestly say I've never had this happen to me, but apparently it happens to quite a few people... Remember the trainspotting scene where the dude shits himself in his gf's parents guest bed ? Do people really shit themselves too ? I would think not, but I've never experienced either. Anyone wanna fill me in ? :p

`pr0digy said:
I can honestly say I've never had this happen to me, but apparently it happens to quite a few people... Remember the trainspotting scene where the dude shits himself in his gf's parents guest bed ? Do people really shit themselves too ? I would think not, but I've never experienced either. Anyone wanna fill me in ? :p

If I remember correctly, the dude in Trainspotting was rolling so hard when he went to sleep that he shit himself, not because he was drinking. Never heard of people shitting themselves when drunk, although it definitely would not surprise me...

eon_blue said:
If I remember correctly, the dude in Trainspotting was rolling so hard when he went to sleep that he shit himself, not because he was drinking. Never heard of people shitting themselves when drunk, although it definitely would not surprise me...

He was drunk and passed out. The scene before shows him stumbling around with a beer in each hand.

Of course Ill never admit this, but...

Once I may have, oh jeeze, dare I say, SWIM may have, once upon a time....accidently shit their pants ever so slightly after snorting ritalin.

lol

Speed gets my...er, uh, SWIIIIIIIIIMMMMssss digestive track running at light speed, and...welll....guys, sometimes, what you think is a fart..just plain ain't a fart
:!

lol as far as the wetting the bed thing goes, my only advice is to make sure you go to the bathroom right before you lay down to go to sleep. I do that out of habit even now, and I have a feeling its left over tendencies from when I was a little kid

and I go to bed way more than drunk

OH! and, this might be off base, but are you going to bed in your pants or jeans or whatever? I personally sweat my ass off for some reason when I sleep, and its worse when Im fucked up, so I can see how something like that could be misinterpreted as having pissed yourself if your really drenched in sweat- Ive definitely had to double check once or twice in the morning to be sure lol

Yup..thats my random two cents...to tell you the truth, I dont even know wtf forum I'm in right now, the headline caught my eye from the portal page =D peace!

recons said:
As an amusing side story, when I was about 6 I slept walked into the hall, thought i was in the bathroom, pulled my trouser snake out of my PJs and urinated on a rug, and then went back to bed.

Dude, my buddy still does that and he's in his 20s. Off the top of my head, he's peed on 2 dining room tables, an opened dresser drawer of clothes, in someones closet, and ALMOST on this drunk (6 foot 4) passed out guy, but we caught him in time and led him to the bathroom.

It happens, you know.

Jamshyd said:
Do you smoke before you sleep? Or in any case, do you have vivid dreams?

Twice in my life, when I used nicotine patches (which cause insanely vivid dreams) I fell asleep after drinking, and then I felt the need to urinate, I would dream that i went to the bathroom and start peeing, only to realize that I've wetted my underwear (luckily, I always wake up as soon as it happens so I never really wet the bed).
i had this before after a heavy drinking session but i actually pissed meself lol. dreamt about having a piss which seemed very real (very vivid, and note that my dream wasn't entirely based around having a piss lol!), woke up in the morning with soaked sheets, not pleasant! i put it down to drinking too much and not having a piss before going to bed, i just crashed out, my bladder got full and needed to release...

Hey,

This happened to me probly 50% of the time I got drunk between the ages of around 15-17. It only happened when i got trashed so Id say its a result of activity in that part of your brain dealing with waking u up to urinate being suppressed by alcohol. If it only happens when your drunk then its obviously the alcohol. For me, I just kind of grew out of getting that pissed. Although even now when I get very drunk it never happens now.

My advice? Stop getting so drunk, or try and sober up before you go to bed. Also, urinate before you go to bed.

If you dont want to curb your drinking you could look into those 'adult nappies' that incontinent old people use, and wear one to bed. Alternatively, what about the plastic 'undersheet' they put over a babies matress? If you piss yourself, it saves ruining your matress.

Good luck,

SS

LevelE21 said:
Is it a psychological problem that makes me wet the bed when I drink heavily or is it just the intoxication that makes me sleep through the need of waking up to urinate?
the latter, i would say.

drink less beer. consider switching to spirits, or at least alternating between the two. :)

I've actually pissed myself three times back when I was drinking heavily in college (when I discovered drugs at the ripe ol' age of 22, I never did that again). I went to the University of Georgia where everyone gets fucked up, esp. football game days. Well, we got shitfaced drunk downtown and my friends carried me home to my dorm room and I woke up soaking wet (eww). Another time I pissed on a friend's couch, where I passed out and it happened another time at my parents house!!! But this only happened when I took Klonopin and the antidepressant, Serzone. Once I quit the Serzone and switched to another antidepressant (but still took the K-pins), the accidents ceased. Are you taking any other medications, recreationally or therapeutically? That may have something to do with it.

happened to me for the first time last night. had a dream about pissing, next thing you know I am waking up in a puddle of my bodily fluids. I think the only issue is your intoxication, no psychological problems or anything. Hope that gives some peace of mind.
~Chango

Pissdrunk

Yeah those nicotine patches send you way out there every night. When I kicked cigarrets I would put one on just before bedtime. Anyways I would suggest emptying your bladder 20 minutes before bedtime and then try again right before hitting the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.