• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

CHICAGO, IL

I've been on suboxone for around 9 months now (unofficially supplied through a friend) and I absolutely hate it. It stops w/d but my cravings are unbearable. I want to go to a methadone clinic, but I've heard so many things about how strict they are here (need track marks, H junkies only, etc.). Rumorsor no? Any IL methadone patients care to chime in?

My internet research hasn't helped me much, and all my emails in hopes of gaining info were ignored. Please help!

Addiction info: Tolerance is a quarter gram of H but I prefer morphine 100+mg and oxy 60+mg easy. Take tramadol daily, up to 300mg in conjunction with muscle relaxers and benzos. I don't know shit about methadone clinics! Help!

PS there is one about 20 minutes from me and the waiting list is bad (oh well).

That's going to vary by state. There are some moderately loose federal guidelines and then typically stricter state regulations. Unfortunately I have no insight into what its like in Chicago but I can tell you it's not very strict here in SF.

UAs are once a month (lab tested) no matter what. Coming to the clinic everyday is given greater emphasis than the results of your drug test. As is going to your weekly counseling sessions. I'd get on the waiting list. What's the harm even if you change your mind?

You may not get the same attention but be expected to follow the rules more strictly if you aren't an h junkie. You may be started on a lower dose and not be given as large of increases. Especially if you're a white boy.

No one ever looked at my tracks except on the first day when they take your blood, do the EKG, and TB test. Even then its only a nurse checking for abscesses. I was dosed before results of a drug test ever came back.

Methadone clinics are the closest thing I've seen to a human zoo. If they can only staff one person to dispense so a huge line forms and you are trying to get to work then too bad for you. You'll wait there for 2 hours like everyone else (unless you're in a wheel chair. And yes people that were walking earlier in the week came in a wheelchair that week that the line was really bad...)

Are you fine with going every single day for the rest of your life to the clinic? If you already have plans in your head about when you will get off of it I would reconsider. It's a dehumanizing experience but so much less than being gay for pay. I'm happy to go everyday.

Huh I'm in a clinic in SF too

What's your experience been like? I go to the clinic on Turk between Larkin and Hyde. I'm happy with it and not looking for a switch especially as it's the closest one to me.

There are quite a few in SF, some dozen clinics serving thousands of patients so it does not surprise me that there may be variability in our experience.

That's going to vary by state. There are some moderately loose federal guidelines and then typically stricter state regulations. Unfortunately I have no insight into what its like in Chicago but I can tell you it's not very strict here in SF.

UAs are once a month (lab tested) no matter what. Coming to the clinic everyday is given greater emphasis than the results of your drug test. As is going to your weekly counseling sessions. I'd get on the waiting list. What's the harm even if you change your mind?

You may not get the same attention but be expected to follow the rules more strictly if you aren't an h junkie. You may be started on a lower dose and not be given as large of increases. Especially if you're a white boy.

No one ever looked at my tracks except on the first day when they take your blood, do the EKG, and TB test. Even then its only a nurse checking for abscesses. I was dosed before results of a drug test ever came back.

Methadone clinics are the closest thing I've seen to a human zoo. If they can only staff one person to dispense so a huge line forms and you are trying to get to work then too bad for you. You'll wait there for 2 hours like everyone else (unless you're in a wheel chair. And yes people that were walking earlier in the week came in a wheelchair that week that the line was really bad...)

Are you fine with going every single day for the rest of your life to the clinic? If you already have plans in your head about when you will get off of it I would reconsider. It's a dehumanizing experience but so much less than being gay for pay. I'm happy to go everyday.

That answered all my questions while simultaneously shocking me. I knew they were bad, but your description really cemented it. Thank you so much for your experience though, like I said you basically covered all the bases.

I do feel like this is my most viable option though because it's essentially a lifetime deal. I'm heavily addicted while maintaining a career and a household that I can't fuck up at a young age, I can't afford to drop everything and go to rehab/detox. Ironically that is the problem though, since the clinic requires attendance. Fuck bupe.

Is it ever prescribed in the US by GPs/Psychs? I've heard a few accounts of people getting it that way.

I go to ward 93 at SF General hospital and I've been pretty happy with my clinic .

I have been on methadone maintenance for 4 years and I live in California (but southern California) .... I didn't have any track marks cuz I had never used heroine. I was in a bad opiate withdrawal from prescribed pain meds that I could no longer get.
They said ..."we do not treat pain , but we do treat opiate withdrawal"
So they started me out on 80 mgs. and yes I did have to go in every morning at 5:30 to dose but since I tested clean of any other drugs or alcohol every month after 6 months they started me on 14 days worth of take home doses and I only go in every two weeks to pick them up.
It's the easiest thing I've ever done. No cravings, no triggers, no pain, it takes 10 minutes at the most. But now the federal government has changed the rules for maintenance take home to where u have to see ur counselor there at the clinic and talk for a minimum of 50 minutes. Which I don't mind at all every two weeks.
I love my life now. I love not having to stress if I'm gonna run outta pills every month cuz of my self medicating on my pain meds.
And most of all it makes me literally wanna vomit if I even think about putting a Norco 10/325 in my mouth now !!!!
(I used to take 15 to 20 at a time twice a day)

No waiting in California. Walk into the clinic, figure out your payment situation (insurance/cash/whatever), fill out paperwork, see the doctor and get your medicine.

You have to be low income; every month you fill out an income-verification form at the clinic you attend. If you make a certain amount of money you wouldn't qualify for the voucher. There's also a different kind of voucher for people who are homeless and jobless and have a total monthly income of $0 Zero. King County is the only county in Washington state that has a voucher program like this. I'm curious as to whether there are programs like this in other parts of the country.

%)

-thelung

I live in maine. We have mainecare (insurance) for people with no jobs or money. But you can only get that if you have kids or are over 65.

However our clinic does have a program that will give you so many weeks or months or even years free if you qualify and theres room. They do not advertise it though and not many people know about it.

It costs $115 a week to go to my clinic if you dont have insurance.

I'm from New England, US....There's probably about 5-6 clinics within a half hour of where I'm from. You just give them an opiate positive urine on the first visit, pay the $85 to $100 bucks and that's it. They used to let you go as high as you wanted on your dose if you kept complaining about your symptoms, and some of them will still let you get way up there. I've seen people go in for 30 mgs a day of hydrocodone and end up on 180mg methadone maintenance! Absurd!

Still, they've been much stricter in the last few years, especially in regards to benzo use. even if you're prescribed benzos, they'll give you a hard time and try to make you lower you benzo dose or refuse to let you go past a certain mg of methadone until you do so. Also, just recently, if you're positive for cocaine, they'll make you go to a "harm reduction appointment", where they weigh you and fuck with you a for a minute, just to make ya think!

It used to be virtually impossible to get kicked of the clinics in my state, but it actually happened to me a 1 1/2 ago! I have no idea what happened, but I went in for my dose blacked out on alprazolam, didn't remember what the fuck happened, but when I went to get my dose the next day, they said I was kicked off! Their policy for kicking people off, I forget if it was 10 mgs a day or what, but it sucked! I tried to get on another clinic, but the doctor "blacklisted" me and no other clinic in the state would take me! Forcing me to shoot dope! I also got kicked off Suboxone a month earlier for too many dirty urines. So, it's not the free for all it once was, dealing at the clinic and all that bullshit. Still, if you're not using benzos or cocaine or showing up at the nurses station reeking of booze, they don't care! Don't even test for weed!
I live in Georgia which sucks anyways and my clinic charges 14$ a day to dose or if you pay for the whole month it's $352.00 and you get a tiny discountof 10%. I take 100mg a day..would like to go up in my dose but per state law u have to see the Dr everytime you increase after 90mg's which sucks cause he is not always there..and its just a fucking hassle...most of the ppl there are either young frat guys or middle aged rednecks hicks and their wives no kidding with 3 fucking screamin kids on thier arms...that is my clinic..oh joy.. we can't have any benzo's even with a rx from your dr...they will not dose if you you pee dirty from xanax...they will taper your ass off fast...I have pissed dirty twice from opiates and just went down a phase and I got one less take home until I had 3 clean tests now I still get my 3 takehomes a week.I can't wait until I just have to go once a week in about 3 months(hopefully) I have just found the folks at my clnic are so rude to the staff..sometimes they deserve it...most times not though as far as I can see.

Thats my clinic too. Rednecks with three kids.

I was on 162 and now I'm on motherfuking 80 f****** Miller mg they didn't dose me for 2 days because they caught me tapering with my UA with my own pee didn't dose me for 2 days and then on Monday gave me 80 mgs so for a week now I have been on 80 mg and I have been in horrible withdrawal even had a tooth pulled this week but what I want my question is I have been taking Klonopin and I want to know if anybody has had a half dose given to them or been punished with their dose I think this is illegal for them to punish me with my medication that is inhumane and just wrong is it illegal is it illegal for a methadone clinic to take away your medication from you as they want to for punishment?

Last edited:
I went in because this time I couldn't stop for real. Went up to 55mg and stayed there for 2months. First month I felt really euphoric and itchy(first week.) But then I got my gabapentin prescription 3 months worth stolen so I was really anxious and upped my dose every chance I could, every few days. It helped with the anxiousness but going from 55mg to 90mg over about 2 weeks didn't up the euphoria or anything like that just helped with anxiety and made me more sleepy than the lower dose. I stayed at 90mg for 1month and now am going down 5mg once a week. No w/d noticed yet and at 75mg. I wish I stayed at 55mg or 40mg.

Also if I went at 5:30am or 6am the line would be 10-20mins. At 8-9am the line 10-20mins. But at 7am the line is almost always 1-5mins!!! I used to shoot 10mg with a normal rig and the rush was alright kinda weird but eh. Then I got a 3cc narcan rig and did my sat 75mg dose. Sunday takehome though I used the 3cc narcan rig sunday morning to do 30mg at once and man it was 10x better than best H rush and lasted 5x as long! Holy shit! I tried using a 5cc rig before but the pressure to push down on it is insane and I couldn't do any without slipping out of vein. Not recommended for those with bad veins you'll fucking kill your arms. I wonder what shooting 50mg or 100mg is like though. Or waiting 2-3 days than doing 100mg. Anyone know?

I wholeheartedly recommend that you stop IVing the methadone liquid. It contains sugars dyes and probably other stuff that you DO NOT want in your veins. I went through a phase of shooting it and im so thankful that sp far i seem to have escaped complications beyond nasty track marks from the huge 21g needle i was using. Abcesses are a real risk too. Its bioavailbility is excellent orally. Thats how its designed. I knoq you might ignore this, i know i ignored many posts like these but maybe it will make u think twice. Theres also pictures out there on the internet where a young man needed multiple surgeries and skin grafts, muscles removed etc. Because of shooting the methadone liquid. If you have sterile vials meant for IV use then disregard.

Yeah no you're right. It's not worth shooting. Last two times doing 30mg were meh and using a 23g needle is so risky unless my veins are pumping huge when I do it. So eh it's not worth it in the end.