• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

coastin

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how many mg/day dose do you take at the clinic? all you fellow bluelighters that are on methadone. lets hear it, im at 170 mgs, lets see what everyone else is at and are you tapering? if so how are you doing. i grab my friends sunday bottle off him some times, and let me say.... methadone is the only opiate that has an effect on me... dope, oxy, all wont work... thank god.

Hey peeps, there has been some threads related to methadone clinics and wat your personal experience at your clinic been like, so this is the thread for all methadone related posts. THIS DONT INCLUDE QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO DOSE, THE EFFECTS OF THE DRUG, OR NOTHING LIKE THAT. THOSE QUESTIONS BELONG IN THE OTHER DRUGS FORUM. THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION OF YOUR METHADONE CLINIC ONLY. ANY AND ALL POSTS REGARDING HOW TO DOSE, THE BEST METHOD OF USE, OR ANY OTHER USAGE-RELATED QUESTIONS THAT AINT ABOUT YOUR CLINIC AND YOUR EXPERIENCE AT YOUR CLINIC WILL BE DELETED.

Now that I got all that serious warning shit outta the way, post away kids!:)

lacey

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on for 17 years, at dosage ranging from 160 up to 220, and Withdrew when on 160 mg. did know one man who dosed at 440 mgs.

Tapering is always desirable but in practice is difficult. I did it Cold Turkey.

Been on for 9 months, was up to 95mg's but tapered down to 14mg's so far, withdrawls are starting to piss me off, my taper has been 4mg's a day. fun shit.

I cant wait til this is over, i'm done with Methadone for good after i make it thru this shit.

I'm on 150 mg's.I,too can only get high on methadone.nothing else works for me.

I'm at 50mg/day and have been since I started about 3 months ago. I can still get high on dope, injected dilaudid, etc, but I don't do it for practicality purposes

i started on 20 18 months ago (around the average starting dose i guess?) and am now at 60mg.

What's the waiting list for methadone maintenance like in your area

I would be interested in hearing from some BL'ers that live in various parts of the world, particularly the UK and the US, how long the waiting list for methadone maintenance is in your area? I live in Sevenoaks here in Kent, UK and I had to wait only a week to get a methadone script.

Can anyone share their experiences here?

Last edited:
no waiting list in Arizona. Just come in on one of the two days each week they accept new patients, fill out some paperwork, pay your money, see the doctor, then take your first dose. It was pleasantly hassle free

I had to wait just 3 weeks to get a script in Bath,UK - I chose Subutex instead of meth.

When I was in North Devon (Barnstaple), I was told 13 MONTHS. The girl I spoke to actually referred to it as the "Fuck off and die list".

Its a real postcode lottery.

I knew one person that upped and moved for this reason alone.

There are about 6 Methadone clinics in the greater Seattle area. It only takes about one week to start dosing, and if you cannot afford treatment, King County has a voucher program that will pay for your Methadone treatment at no cost to you. Pretty awesome program. I'm a MMT patient at one of the Seattle clinics (there's Evergreen, THS, the VA, and one other clinic I think)

and if you cannot afford treatment, King County has a voucher program that will pay for your Methadone treatment at no cost to you. Pretty awesome program.

That is awesome.

How does it work?

I mean, why would someone NOT use these vouchers if it means getting free meth?

That is awesome.

How does it work?

You have to be low income; every month you fill out an income-verification form at the clinic you attend. If you make a certain amount of money you wouldn't qualify for the voucher. There's also a different kind of voucher for people who are homeless and jobless and have a total monthly income of $0 Zero. King County is the only county in Washington state that has a voucher program like this. I'm curious as to whether there are programs like this in other parts of the country.

%)

-thelung

That is awesome.

How does it work?

It's the same here in Australia. As the other poster said, you get free methadone only if you can't afford it. You have to prove that you have no means to pay, which despite stereotypes, is not always the case.

Generally the waiting list here is straight away. Some of my customers have told me they were waiting 6 weeks recently, but I did some digging around and it turns out they kept failing to qualify because they wouldnt stop using for a day, which is required so WDs start to show in order for the clinic to diagnose opioid dependence.

The cost here ranges from single figures to double figures, depending on which chemist you go to. Even so most patients are notoriously bad when it comes to paying up; I often feel bad for some of the patients and tell them they can still dose but they have to promise to pay by the end of the week... and of course 80% of the time I have to chase them for the cash. Kinda like being a legal drug dealer I guess :\ The cost of the methadone is so the patients can learn responsibility for their actions. Chemists get reinbursed very well for taking the patients though

This thread doesn't have to do with a drug itself. Since your asking about the waiting list worldwide, ill move it to Drug Culture.

OD --> DC

because they wouldnt stop using for a day, which is required so WDs start to show in order for the clinic to diagnose opioid dependence.

You couldn't really fake it though - I mean, you could get a script over here without being an addict. But even if you started at just 40mg meth a day - it would literally floor you.

I can't see how you would get away with the mandatory 1 month supervised consumption without either dying, or ending up with a habit. Either way, you ain't gong to be diverting your script!

It is bad that people have to struggle with paying their script fee's - especially if the cost is the same as the users DOC, it must make it so much harder mentally to go and spend what money you have on meth rather than H.

I feel, that given the benefit to the whole of society having less junkies makes - bupe/meth really should cost nothing or cost-price at best..

When my methadone treatment was initiated I went in, described my habit and WD symptoms and was given a script without having to go into withdrawal, so for all they know I could have been faking addiction. Is this negligent? Is it abnormal practice here in the UK?

When I was in Winnipeg I tried both clinics in the city (there's only two, MINE and CARI) and both of them have waiting lists in excess of 6 months . In fact, I was still on the waiting list for both by the time I finally picked up stakes and moved to Vancouver. Got high for a few months out here, went through detox and failed that shit (was using morphine the same morning my methadone taper was over). Couple more weeks of fucking around, shoplifting and hustling to make that $100 or so a day I needed to stay comfortable and high, and then one day I had enough. Called one of the nearby methadone clinics on Tuesday, made an appointment to speak to a psychiatrist/counsellor on wednesday - talked to them about my addiction, length, amount used, etc, got my blood and piss taken - then spoke to the doc on thursday who said I was a 'perfect candidate' for maintenance therapy and wrote me a 7-day methadone script for that same day. So, within 48 hours of making the initial call, I was on the program. It's fantastic that I live in a city where addicts who need help can ACTUALLY get it. Granted, the program is $65 a month (paid for by the gov't in my case), but that's peanuts compared to what my addiction was costing me before. Everyday I wake up I'm thankful that I live in a city where there's at least a dozen different methadone clinics to accommodate the mass amount of junkies living within the city limits.

Started out at 40mg, did that for 7 days and then at my next appointment with the doctor mentioned that the dose wasn't holding me the whole 24 hours and - being totally honest with the guy - said that I had to use heroin/dilaudid a few mornings when I woke up sick. Bumped me up to 60mg a day and I haven't HAD to use yet (granted, I HAVE used, but not out of necessity. :p )

Oh, and I forgot to mention, my doctor was such a nice guy that after I spoke to the counsellor and mentioned that I was already starting to go into withdrawals and didnt' want to have to go out and steal to get my day's fix, the doctor on duty actually came out and wrote me a script for 6 8mg dilaudids to get me through to the next day! Fucking unheard of when it comes to most clinics!

edited unnecessary comments about "natives"
lacey

ps. sorry lacey. living in the prairies for 23 years has filled me with a fair bit of dislike for 'em. i'll keep it off the board from now on. :)

Last edited: