• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

haha nazi dope handouts...i like that. i think deathadone was the one that i had heard that i was looking for. but i know multiple people that have been to the clinic for long periods of time...and some that still do. i have never been personally but i used to use methadone illicitly...currently using bupe to maintain but have just about went in to the clinic more than one time but i was always talked out of it by my friends that used to or still do go.

Not exactly a negative but I always carpooled with some others too the clinic and we all called it "goin to the cleaners"

Not exactly a negative but I always carpooled with some others too the clinic and we all called it "goin to the cleaners"

doesnt really make sense to me..I am kind of slow today though..what'd you guys mean by that?

I've just heard "it's the governments way to know who the junkies are"

I lost two friends last year to methadone. It really is horrible. I've also been guilty of using it and seeking it out. I never thought of the term "deathadone" but I would say that would be the best one.

Aight...Yall, Ima remind you again...Please, keep your opinions of methadone out of this.

Post a "negative name for methadone clinic" or dont post. There aint no use for spreading ignorance, and it aint right to be talkin baseless shit about a extremely useful treatment that has helped millions of people re gain control of their lives. All the people I hear talkin all this mess is either mindlessly repeatin the shit theyve heard from other people, or is extremely uneducated folks who had a bad experience with it. Its ridiculous to try and convince people that they should stay off methadone cuz of some random shit you heard from some junkie who dont know shit about it, and this aint the thread for that anyways.

So please, if you aint gonna add somethin to this pretty sad list, please dont post. This thread is about to get merged with the mega methadone thread anyways, cuz it really aint goin much of anywhere and ppl just keep repeatin the same ish over and over--obviously there really aint too many slang names for clinics to begin with, so there aint no point to leave this here for ppl to argue about whether or not methadone is a good treatment and not even answer the topic anyways.

call it whatever you want (negative and ignorant people usually have other names for a methadone clinic,) but many people who would otherwise be using heroin or injecting oxy's would be dead if it wasn't for methadone clinics...

and TommyBoy, because methadone clinics dispense methadone, that would fall under your medical records and by law, they cannot give out anyone's medical history without your consent therefore the gov't is not following the "junkies" and to me, that kind of thinking sounds like paranoia or a conspiracy theory...this is not Area 51 we are talking about.

many of the people i talk to and know at the clinic are there because they were involved in an accident, their doctor handed out painkillers like they were candy without warning them of their addictive quality and how fast you can become dependent on them and when therapy time was over, the doctors would stop refilling their pain medication.

that is what happened to me...now i don't have to worry about getting my pain meds illegally or worry that i wont have them

Chicago

There are at least 50 clinics in the Chicagoland area, around 30 in the actual city and around 20 in the close vicinity. There are 2 ways to becoming an MMT patient, private or state. One can become a state patient if you are low income with things like pregnancy putting you ahead of others. State costs about $10-20 per month. If you are not low income then you go in as a private patient which costs about $50-60 per week. I don't know what the exact qualifications are for state.

You can start right away pretty much. Before you dose you have to be seen be the doctor so you dose on a day that their doctor comes in, as he/she usually doesn't come in every day but only for a hew hours few times a week.

Every clinic takes in private patients all the time. Almost all clinics have a waiting list to become a state patient. I don't know how it works exactly, but some clinics will take you right away as a state patient and in some you have to wait until a state slot opens up. There is a priority list with pregnant IV users at top and if a state slot opens up and there is a private low income pregnant IV user, that slot will go to that person.

I'm at 20mg. Have been on this stuff for over a month and I'm very satisfied with how I feel compared to other opioids. I was on sub before and was scared to try methadone due to its mostly bad rep. For me it has a lot less of a gastrointestinal effect (constipation), holds me much longer, less depression. I like it a lot more than sub so far. The only thing that sucks is having to go to the clinic 6 days a week. At least I have Sundays off for now. I'll get more take homes later on.

Anyone know what the methadone clinics are like in MA? Like what is the waiting period and all that?

I have been going to the clinic for a year. With regular increases. Up to 470mgs a day. All was good until I had a relapse(a laced joint) and had to be shocked back to life 8 times. Now I have to quit cold turkey from meth.....help

Your joint was laced with what? And what happened? You relapsed back to short acting opiates? did you OD?

Goin CT off 470mg of methadone honestly I feel cound be deadly. I know opiate withdrawal generally isn't life threatening, but 470mg is a very high dose. At the least you will be shitting your self and feel like you are on the virge of death.

I would really reconsider tapering down to under 60mg then switching to bupe. How long have you been on meth?

Damn cold turkey from 470mg of methadone... Don't do that, just don't do that. Horrible idea.

Is there a limit, or a ceiling/max individual dose of methadone, so to say, that a doctor can Rx?

470mg is a number I've never seen used in a conversation, and re: the laced joint, well, I don't think it's possible(coating a joint with methadone is certainly possible, but I don't believe one would experience any effects...positive or negative--other than taste---but then again I wasn't there, so who knows what's up ...I'm glad you survived.

Smoking weed certainly produces heart attack-light "symptoms"in my body, my heart-rate skyrockets, I become convinced that I am dying(which is the scariest part of the typical panic attack, wouldn't you say so fellow BL'ers who suffer weed-induced panic attacks, or pa's in general?

Also, while I understand your point lacey, I do appreciate the conflicting opinions of those on both sides of the argument. As a potential methadone patient, viewing all sides of the story is essential, but I also understand there may be other threads that house that debate...if so, could someone point me in the right direction? For what it's worth, I think the positives outweigh the negatives(of which there are plenty, nothing is perfect, not in this game). Currently I'm spending a ridiculous amount on opiates, and it's only a matter of time before I cross an ethical line or two and do some things I will regret...but at the same time "justify" the actions with junky logic.

So, I may give it a shot a for a few months, just to see how it affects my personality, outlook, and self-esteem among other things. Price will play a large part, and I will not have a problem going to the "shadiest" clinic to save a buck or two, as long the chemical given to me is the same regardless of overall price per month/visit/dose/etc...

I'll let y'all know what happens tomorrow, as I will go to two clinics(a "respected" one, that charges an arm and a leg, has rampant "trading"/dealing on or near the clinic grounds AND a public clinic that is a "problem", according to the opinion section in the newspaper. I just want to get a feel for the process, and possibly get started at one of the clinics, if it "feels" right. I guess I will not know the answer to that question until I've been on the drug for a month or two. Of course I'd prefer to quit cold turkey and stay opiate free, but my life, without opiates, isn't much of a life at all, so I'm going to experiment,

Last edited:
I have been going to the clinic for a year. With regular increases. Up to 470mgs a day. All was good until I had a relapse(a laced joint) and had to be shocked back to life 8 times. Now I have to quit cold turkey from meth.....help

Thats fucking insane.

You mean the clinic is mking you come off of 470mgs cold turkey becuse of ONE fucking relapse8o

Jesus christ.

Can't you enrol into another clinic?

I mean, that really is a HUGE amount to cluck from - and I hate to say it, but I reckon your chances are pretty slim.

I can't believe they are even allowed to kick you off when you are being dosed that high..

Over here in the UK, they pretty much expect you to fuck up now and again - the worst they do is stop your take-aways and put you on daily supervised..

I honestly cant say ANYTHING good about methadone at all. After being on it for 3 years, it has to be the worst chemical on planet earth. I would rather my life end right now at 28 years old, then have to detox off of meth ever again. What makes me laugh is when people say that their clean when there in a Meth program. What a load of shit! Its your daily morning fix that you need everyday just like you needed your morning dope shot. Dont get it twisted, just bcuz you aint gettin your fix from a corner in tha hood anymore and instead gettin it from a doc at a clinic, does not in any way mean that you are clean! At least with street drugs you can leave the damn state if ya want to or go on a vacation, with meth I had to plan anytime I wanted to leave my town around how many take homes i could get. Only got 5 take homes? i guess i wont be going to Vegas for the full week with everyone else, i gotta go home 2 days early to take my medicine. Felt like such a fuckin child that I had to get up at 5am everyday when I live 10 minutes from my workplace that doesnt require me to be there each day until 9am!!! Damn thats bullshit!! Liquid handcuffs is nowhere near an appropriate enough term for what meth really is. A fuckin crutch for people who cant just kick their habit and go on with life. To me its just a way of holding onto the past instead of leaving it far behind. To me when you go on meth your basically saying that "I wanna still put opiates in my body everyday but not deal with the legal hassles that come with street coppin". To me, starting methadone is what you do when you KINDA want to be clean, but instead of detoxing and getting on with your life, you wanna drag the process out for months and possibly years, and at the end when you ARE finally ready to get off the meth, you have to begin to wean down for what seems like an eternity AND THEN go thru the most miserable, long, painful detox you have ever imagined!!! Also for what its worth, I was WAY more of a slave to meth than I was to H. Again, this is all just my opinion, from someone whos has been addicted to meth, addicted to H, and has also experienced multiple years of sobriety as well. Meth for me was hands down the worst decision I ever made and one that forever changed my body and brain. I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to get clean. If your REALLY ready to get clean, then kick your damn habit! If its too hard, then you aint really ready to get clean, so stop kidding yourself. Sobriety is HARD, but id rather deal with cravings then be addicted to something even worse than what im trying to kick!!!! Just know what your getting into before you start a MMT. Id estimate that it took my body between 9-10 months to get back to "normal" after the meth wd's were over, and some parts of my brain chemistry and my body's physiology will NEVER be the same.

-J. Phresh

Last edited: