• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

it was open and i got my dose woohoo....mods you can close this thread now i guess if you would like to

Methadone Maintenance/Sweets?

Just wonderin if its just me but i've been in 'Done Maintenance
for 6 yrs. straight now ,130mgs. split dosed- AM/PM.
I crave sweets, candy, anything sugary sweet and edible.

I don't really remember this in my days of opiate addiction.
Anyone Else ?? or just in MMT

Indeed they do. There was a big thread on this in DC a while back. Dunno if it's still there but this kinda topic is more of a DC one than an OD one really.

PS: Being on methadone for six years would qualify as an opiate addiction ;)

Funny you say that OP - I almost started a identical thread a few days ago! I have always enjoyed my candy/sweets but once I started MMT (oct. 09) it literally has gone off the charts. I think I eat more candy than a damn 10 year old. My girlfriend says im gonna get sugar diabetes, lol. I guess thats not really funny.

Somewhere in all my MMT papers/literature there is something I got from my clinic talking about side effects of MMT and it said "an increase in sugar/sweets cravings" or something to that effect.

wierd.

As Shambles pointed out, this isn't really OD material. I'm gonna throw it over to DC.

Other Drugs -----> Drugh Culture

Shambles
PS: Being on methadone for six years would qualify as an opiate addiction

Possibly, but a pro-active opiate addiction [ controlled ]
Not a 600mg a' Oxy or a 2gram a day Diesel Addiction
-a touch more controlled.

yup! that's right. they will tell you anything to keep you in there are long as you want. don't trust most of the things they tell you. if you have a question, google is your doctor. and you know your body better then anyone can tell you.
So i had the usual orientation because i'm a new client. and the doctor handles the other half of the orientation. i started methadone on the 20th of jan. so last week. since then i've been itchy all over and my ankles and feet became swollen. I've read so much stuff online on how this is all connected to methadone. and the doctor actually did blame the itching on me having an allergic reaction to methadone. but he pretended like he never heard of people being itchy on opiates. he acted like he didn't know what i was talking about. total BS! so i told him that when i used to do heroin, that i would be as i am now. itchy all over, but on the next day when i wasn't using everyday i'd be fine. then a week sometimes would pass, and i would go on a dope binge, and for however long i was on heroin, i would be itchy as hell. he said he never heard of people being itchy on methadone. so i was like whatever.
Now onto the swollen ankles/feet. i asked him that the meth is also causing this, see, he doesn't know that i've been researching this at home for only god knows how many hours. and i've read in many places that although it is somewhat more of a rare side effect, it still is connected with taking methadone. now he asked me what medication i was on. the minute i mentioned norvasc, he jumped all over that. i also thought that was total bs because i've been taking norvasc for 2 years. out of nowhere i start feeling one of it's side effects? i doubt it! now wouldn't this make more sense? 5 days after i started taking methadone i start to get one of its side effects? he said that that was just a coincidence.
whatever. so from that point on i realized that when it comes to medical, i'm going to have to get the opinion of my old GP who i used to see. so when i got home i made an appointment right away. i just don't understand how money could be such a motivator for these doctors to hide the truth. oh and i asked about methadone rotting your teeth and he dismissed it right away. he was like, no way. but a real doctor would've explained, you see, it's not the methadone itself that rots your teeth. it's the lack of saliva from one of the side effects of methadone that causes it. dry mouth. he then would've began to explain how there are anti-bacterial agents in the saliva which binds to the teeth and cleans them. but no, he went nowhere in this area. he just mentioned not to listen to these knucke-heads(the patients) in the waiting room, waiting to get medicated.
I told the counselor who began the orientation and the doctor that i only plan on staying on it a year. and then after a year i'll start taking into consideration how my life is, if it truly helped, if i'm mentally ready to begin a taper, if i won't relapse again. so many things i would have to think about before i talk to the doctor and request that they taper me from 60mgs. because i do not plan on going higher then that. even though i read that the theraputic doses are at 80-120mg. i'll see how i feel once i start working and making money. if i get serious cravings when i have that bundle of cash in my pocket/hands then i'll tell them to take me up to 80mg. if not i'll remain at 60mg. anyways, thanks for reading. so is this happening anywhere else?

Well I been on the clinic twice at different times and now I get a script take home every day, dr, pill bottle, type script.

At the clinic, They never did shit unless you made a fuss about it, i was suppose to get my dose upped a couple times becuz it wasnt holding me. When you booting half a brick or more of dope every day you aint gonna be cool with 65 fuckn milligrams, u know? But every time u ask for the increase they get on some weird shit about it, make u take a piss test, all that.

to get your dose upped you had to get the dr to approve it, so your counselor had to put in a form and the Dr. only came 2 or so times a week, thursday was the last day he was there. So if i told my counselor bitch on wednesday morning that i needed the increase and she forgot which is wat happened, the form was not in by 9am on thurs, so the dr. didnt approve it , and i had to wait friday, saturday, sunday, til the next week to get it upped meanwhile i am feelin like shit the whole time. Got me real pissed. another time i wanted a increase the mutha fuckas never even submitted the increase form and lost it completely, after waitin 14 days of bein told "it will be upped tomorrow" i went in and bitched em out. I said I know that aint shit gonna happen in here unless i make a fuss about it and the nurse laughed and said to the director, "u hear that? Damn, she got our number, huh!" like it was some funny shit that they knew damn well aint nothing get done around there. They forget a paper, and im sufferin for weeks wanting to use becuz they too dumb to remember to bring the stupid ass paper to the next room.

Anyways , i got sick enough of the bullshit. Gettin off dope was about not havin to take a long drive every day to get good again. about not rushing as fast as i could to the spot cuz i needed my fix, about not sittin around waiting all over again. Those clinics, they got you by the balls and they fuckin know it. they got the power to make your life hell and all they gotta do is decide you "made a fuss in the wating area and disrespectd staff" and they dont dose u for the day or some shit....Its ridiculous....

Or how bout how at saturday they was only open from 8-10am, and my job which was a 45 minute drive away, started at 8:30. Now i aint gonna tell my boss im on meth, so w/ever, i had to deal with it and know that i would be late even if i got to the clinic on time, but i would get to the clinic some times at 7:20 am so i could be the first in and theres already 6 ppl ahead of me. Then, the bitch cunt ass weekend nurses who only worked saturdays so they didnt know none of us, they are too retarded to know wat to do when the computer system broke down.

So instead of just not using the computer, and takin each one of our cards and lookin up our file with all our info manually, they decide to NOT OPEN THE CLINIC DOORS til 8:25. becuz the computer was down. Not like you can just LOOK IN THE FILE to give us our doses and open , and have someone fix the computer while u do that, but just KEEP US LOCKED OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZIN RAIN....cuz yall too dumb to work a fuckin windows 98 computer.

And then when we finalyl get in the bitch goes "Oh , everybody here better thank betsey, she fixed the computer, if it wasnt for her you guys would be still out there!" Ill guarantee u that bitch didnt FIX shit cuz she was dumb as a rock, so im thinkin it prolly went more like this, and the bitch was like..."OH...Hey....Its THIS BUTTON that turns it on, not that one you been pushing!"

Then when i get inside the bitch tells me that i need to give a piss test, even tho i jjust gave one last week and have been clean for 3 of the tests i got in the past 1 and a half months so far. So i was like damn, you made me throw out my drink when i got here becuz "you cant have no outside drinks", and now you tellin me i have to piss, when i aint got to pee to begin with cuz my drinks in the trash, and i gotta be at work about 10 minutes ago, and you tellin me I got to give the pee test.

SO Im mad as hell and she says ima get half dosed if i refuse to give the sample. So im like OK bitch lets go, I wasnt dirty at all just late and knew this would make me even later. The bitch decides that she has to HAND WRITE all my information for the pee cup label, becuz "my name wasnt on the list of the tests that had to get done today, and all the ppl on the list have a label for teh cup that automatically gets printed out by the computer the morning they get randomly called for the test." So she starts writing SLOW AS FUCK, like i can purposely tell shes goin as slow as she can and i asked her a question and she goes "look now you made me loose my concentration and i have to start all over again!"

Tried to pee and couldnt, and she says she gonna half dose me for "refusing"......So i had to wait in there drinkin water forever til i could do the test, and got to work mad late.....

And it was shit like this all the damn time at that place....Makes me so mad to think about.....

The last straw was the day before thanksgiving when they was gonna eb closed for 3 days straight, for some god forsaken reason my alarm didnt go off at all that day, and i left with 45 minuts to get there. Now it takes 45 min on a good day and i can juuust make it there, but i always like to leave a hour to get there just incase....So i jumped in the car couldnt even find my shoes just ran out there and hauled ass to the clinic, of course i got stuck behind somebody doin 25mph for like half the trip and couldnt pass them cuz it was foggy as hell...then got stuck in one of them construction things.....And when i got to the clinic it was like 5 minutes past the closing time.

There was still somebody there, and he was just like, too bad, you just got to come nback in 3 days, cant help you, you shoulda got here on time. They jus told me to go fuck myself, miss three days of my dose and be sick as fuck, even tho they was STILL THERE!

So that day i said fuck yall, u really a waste of my time and hit up the dr i had heard was good w/addiction treatment....

I been havin a fucked up back for a long time, not "my back is fucked up, yea" like all theI hase dope heads and ppl be saying to get pills. I got actual damage to my spine and the last time i got anything diagnosed was years ago but even back then they could see that my discs was damaged and i had the spine of a much older person , I got whiplash in my back and neck in a bad car accident i got into that made all that worse, and since then its been about 2 and a half maybe 3 years and i been in a couple more accidents since then and shit has deteriorated alot. Now adays i get mad muscle spasms, nerve "zaps" that shoot all thru my back and down my leg sometimes, some kind of fucked up form of young-people arthritis and I aint gonna bore yall with the rest...But the point is....Even tho gettin pills is good, the pain aint, and havin pain dont make it "worth it" if you get meds becuz the meds is never actually enough, so you dont get "high" and you still live in pain.

But, im goin off topic..The point is i found a Dr who knew I was on the clinic, and knew i also was fucked up , and so he took the MMT dose I was on and put me on pain management. :) So now I got a happy medium. Im on 90mg daily (I thought it would be enough, they dont go higher at this dr office but honestly it aint enough some days) but it beats lining up outside the clinic every morning....Another poster put it best when they said "like rats at the feeder"....SMH....

Some days I be takin like 12-13 of these bitches tho, but it never really makes that much of a difference from 90. I got a feeling that if i really wanted to feel a differentce i would have to double my dose prolly, but i aint tryin to do that and screw myself at the end of the month, so i stick with my routine for now.

Its also nice too, becuz un like the clinic u aint on that daily shit, and if you do decide you want to use once in a while you can wean down your dose for like a week beforehand to get your plasma levels low enough to break thru, and then not dose at all the day ur using so u can still actually feel it. at 90mg i would not be able to feel a 10 bag shot Im sure, but if i broke it down to like 20-30for a few days before and then skipped, Im sure I could get a nice lil high goin.

If you can find a Dr who will prescrible the meth to you, go for it. its a much better way to live. Unfortuantly, it will prolly have to be a shady doctor becuz most wont do it for MMT. But if you like me and you got a pain problem (if you got MRI's its even better, but my dr didnt care, hes a lil bit shady im startin to think) you can prob. get a script. It really depends. This doctor prolly writes scripts to ppl without injuries as well, but for me i like knowing that I got a legit condition and am covered by the law any way u slice it, u know? I mean I know damn well that i just happened to go from MMT to PM methadone, but I got both problems , addiction and pain so why not combine them into one script u know?

It sure as hell beats havin to act and live like you are still hooked on the fuckin diesel always runnin around and havin to answer to somebody else. All i gotta do is grab the pill bottle in the morning and thats a wrap. it really makes ur life feel more normal, less like you are a junkie and morel ike you just handlin your biz.

damn, those people at that clinic deserve all a slap in the face. i hate people like that. thank god that the people at my clinic are mature and all professional. the nurses are nice as hell. they all care about you. i guess if you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you. but they would never pull some shit like that though. that just screams out unprofessional and retarded, lol.

liquid bullshit

guess why doctor's can only perscribe pills and the great majority of mmt clinics only serve that cherry liquid that might as well be nyquil, and not pills. b/c the pills contain the two ingredients that kill pain which make junkies like myself love that form (according to an online Dr.), and the mmt liquid variety only contains ingredients which kill withdrawal and prevent cravings. why do you think there's post after post in sites like this where mmt patients complain of pain that logic would say the daily dose would treat which it doesn't in the least. my buddy whose paralyzed from the waist down and in perpetual pain takes the 10s for pain, increasing his dose very seldomly. his pain is nonexistent, where my back pain is as strong as ever, if not worse, at MMT. the liquid is totally different. take it from someone who used to buy 10mg dones by the hundreds, i know the dose/high like a book. they try and tell you it takes five to seven days for you to fully feel your dose or raise. bullshit. take the 10s and the high comes and goes within 5-6 hrs, it doesn't build slowly in your system over a period of days like they tell you in the clinics. i could take my dose at the clinic, 130mgs AND my take home right after and feel NO difference at all. hmmm, if i did that with 10s i'd be in a state of opiate bliss, if not a coma. the old-school liquid that was clear and the orange liquid(which i've never tried)do in fact contain the pain-killing ingredients as well, or so i've been told by old school MMT patients (20+yrs). even the dissolvable white 40mg disks are bullshit, i've double dosed those too and had no additional effect. i know people will tell me i'm full of it, but others are starting to catch on as well and posting on the internet. it's time the clinics come clean, i agree with using meth to block my heroin use but at least tell us that you're giving us something that's not rea-deal methadone.

guess why doctor's can only perscribe pills and the great majority of mmt clinics only serve that cherry liquid that might as well be nyquil, and not pills. b/c the pills contain the two ingredients that kill pain which make junkies like myself love that form (according to an online Dr.), and the mmt liquid variety only contains ingredients which kill withdrawal and prevent cravings. why do you think there's post after post in sites like this where mmt patients complain of pain that logic would say the daily dose would treat which it doesn't in the least. my buddy whose paralyzed from the waist down and in perpetual pain takes the 10s for pain, increasing his dose very seldomly. his pain is nonexistent, where my back pain is as strong as ever, if not worse, at MMT. the liquid is totally different. take it from someone who used to buy 10mg dones by the hundreds, i know the dose/high like a book. they try and tell you it takes five to seven days for you to fully feel your dose or raise. bullshit. take the 10s and the high comes and goes within 5-6 hrs, it doesn't build slowly in your system over a period of days like they tell you in the clinics. i could take my dose at the clinic, 130mgs AND my take home right after and feel NO difference at all. hmmm, if i did that with 10s i'd be in a state of opiate bliss, if not a coma. the old-school liquid that was clear and the orange liquid(which i've never tried)do in fact contain the pain-killing ingredients as well, or so i've been told by old school MMT patients (20+yrs). even the dissolvable white 40mg disks are bullshit, i've double dosed those too and had no additional effect. i know people will tell me i'm full of it, but others are starting to catch on as well and posting on the internet. it's time the clinics come clean, i agree with using meth to block my heroin use but at least tell us that you're giving us something that's not rea-deal methadone.

This is a load of BS! Methadon is Methadone is Methadone. I have never heard of Methadone Pills having extra pain killing ingredients in them. I have been on methadone twice and If I would take enough of it I would feel euphoria and nod out, so I know that shit was the real deal. Actually just taking my normal dose I would feel it come on and I would feel happy and content.

guess why doctor's can only perscribe pills and the great majority of mmt clinics only serve that cherry liquid that might as well be nyquil, and not pills. b/c the pills contain the two ingredients that kill pain which make junkies like myself love that form (according to an online Dr.), and the mmt liquid variety only contains ingredients which kill withdrawal and prevent cravings. why do you think there's post after post in sites like this where mmt patients complain of pain that logic would say the daily dose would treat which it doesn't in the least....bla bla bla, BULLSHIT, LIES, BULLSHIT, LIES, HEARSAY, BULLSHIT, ETC....

You just posted some of the most ignorant, uneducated-ass bullshit that I ever heard in my life. I dont give a shit WTF "online doctor" told you that garbage, but you couldnt possibly be more wrong. First of all, aside from the fact that everything you said is deadass false, plenty of clinics DO give the clear liquid, such as the clinic that I was at and used on 2 seperate times durin my addiction.

Second, I been a patient for the clear liquid, the cherry liquid, AND the pills, and there aint no goddamn difference. If u feelin a difference in effects, it aint becuz the INGREDIENTS is different, its becuz the FORMULA of liquid may respond to your body different. But that absolutely dont happen to everybody, and if your body processes the liquid faster becuz its easier for ur stomach to absorb so it dont last as long, then that aint becuz there is different ingredients,, and if u was capable of doin even the smallest amount of research, you would be able to know that for urself. If u had devoted half the time that u used to read about these crazy ass , tinfoil-hat methadone conspiracy theories and used it to look up REAL INFORMATION, you wouldnt even need to have nobody correctin you.

If your claims are true, then how come i can name 2 ppl other than my self, who been patients and used the CLEAR liquid, the CHERRY liquid, AND the pills, and NONE of them feel theres a difference? Not only that, but one of them had the option to have the pills prescribed to him at his clinic, and he tried them for a while and then went back to the CHERRY LIQUID, becuz he wanted the liquid instaed of the pills. Now u tell me wat user would rather take a formula thas less effective? None. Why would he be willing to do that then? BECUZ THERE AINT NO DAMN DIFFERENCE. THEY ARE THE SAME METHADONE. (just read this thread for the post if u dont believe me , or ask the poster ur self.) You , and whoever told you all this garbage, are so full of shit that i cant even laugh at it, becuz the idea of somebody bein that willing to blindly accept complete trash as the truth is really kind of scary.

Third, METHADONE IS METHADONE!!! THERE AINT NO SEPERATE "PAIN KILLING" COMPOUNDS IN IT THAT AINT INCLUDED IN THE CLINIC FORM. THE EFFECTS OF METHADONE, COME FROM METHADONE, NOT NOTHING ELSE. HEROIN got many different compounds in it, becuz its derived from a natural plant, and there is many different alkaloids in it. METHADONE is a fully synthesized drug with ONE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN IT, it cant be altered or changed to have different properties and then secretly turned into 2 different forms and still marketed and prescribed as the same thing!....Are u insane? The drug IS methadone. You cant magically isolate different effects from it and create a different form of the same drug with only those effects! Holy shit, I dont even know how somebody could hear some shit like that and think it got any type of base in reality. There aint "craving killing methadone" and "pain killing methadone" and somehow they 2 seperate drugs. The shit is ridiculous. Do you also believe that ecstasy pills are either "coke based" or "heroin based" too? Or maybe that "red rock opium" is real and not incense?

So if thats all true u ask, Why is there so many posts on the internet about this?

BECUZ THE INTERNET IS FULL OF GODDAMN IDIOTS WHO DONT KNOW THE FIRST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FACT AND SOME MADE UP GARBAGE, .....

I cant even start to describe how dead-ass , straight up WRONG this shit u repeating is....This website is here for harm reduction, and to provide FACTUAL INFORMATION about drugs so users can get educated abou the shit they put in their body. YOU might want to take a minute and use it for that, instead of repeatin urban legends that a bunch of know nothin knuckle heads seem to believe cuz somebody who heard it from somebody who heard it from somebody told them and told it to you so they must be tellin the truth.

If a lie is repeated by a hundred thousand people, is still a lie.
The fact that "so many ppl are sayin this online" is only proof of how gullible and stupid human kind is, especially the kind that gets all their information from hearsay on the internet. the "placebo effect" is also somethin u might want to read up on.

I dont care wat u believe for ur self....But dont ever come on here tryna spread misinformation to ppl who come here for learning and educatin their selves. believe watever bullshit fairy tales you want, but attemptin to mislead other ppl aint gonna be tolerated here, it goes directly agains everything this site stands for. If you get your "facts" from games of internet "telephone", "evidence" that aint nothing but somebody sayin "well, i swear this happened to me, so it must be true!" and "internet doctors" then I really do fear for your health cuz you prolly also believe all the other goddamn horse shit 'information' out there. Some folks prefer old wives tales, urban legends, and straight up lies as their main source of knowledge, but call me crazy but I kinda rather look at FACTS....You know, shit that is actually 100% proved, known, and can be backed up with SCIENCE....

You are makin all drug users who are smarter than a rock hang their heads in shame right now, realizing that shit like this can be read by others and seen as a representation of drug users. Ppl like you are the perfect example of why Americans still got a problem with drugs after all these years and the public image of drug users and addics is that we are all foolish uneducated idiots. All it takes is a curious person to read a bat shit crazy post like yours, and there goes all the progress we have made as far as the way the public percieve us. Its bad enough the lies that non drug users believe, but our own kind is screwin us too becuz we got all these fuckin fools spoutin this dangerously ignorant trash makin it worse. Open your mind to the truth, the kind of truth that is actually based in reality and got facts behind it, and stop spreadin the lies that some strung out half delusional fool passed on to you....

Last edited:
Free Methadone?

I have heard that methadone SHOULD be free. Most places in Dallas charge $50 or so per week for methadone. Well, today I heard of a place that does it for free. Aparently you have to have heroin in your urine analysis before you can qualify, but supposedly its nice. They dose you until finally you get your own perscription, they have group therapy, and even help you find work. This place is about 45 mins away but I'm seriously thinking about checking it out.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with free methadone clinics. If so, how does it differ from the kind of clinic where you have to pay?

regional discussion

This is a regional discussion, I'm going to move it to a regional forum if that's OK with you soundsystem00.

As far as the fact that I'm busy and I won't move it for a while, let's see if you get any immediate replies. :)

This is a regional discussion, I'm going to move it to a regional forum if that's OK with you soundsystem00.

As far as the fact that I'm busy and I won't move it for a while, let's see if you get any immediate replies. :)

Cool. :)

You been doin ok? I've been scrambling all day trying to find a damn suboxone, finally got some releif.

You can move it if you want. I was just hoping to get some inside info from experience.

Never dealt with a free methadone clinic, but I have gone to free and expensive rehabs, and to be honest the free rehab I went to was better than the expensive 30 day program I did. But everywhere is different so who knows, but it seems like this place your talking about is state funded correct? So im guessing it should be good except you will run into a few people working there who don't really care and just want the paycheck in my experience, but for the most part they will be there because they want to help, so I say give it a shot

I just hope they are reliable because once I get on methadone I DO NOT plan on getting off anytime soon! If I get cut off then I would immediately go back to heroin because I have heard some very scary methadone withdrawal stories and do not want to be a part of that.. I guess it is inevitable if im on methadone tho..

Scared..