• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

MEGA MERGED METHADONE THREAD...All methadone clinic talk in here

the wait here in mississippi is years. of course there is only 1 clinic in my state. most ppl in my area just hope the state line to alabama bout 35 miles away. anyway the wait there is usually a week perhaps 2 depending on how many ppl are scheduled for intake. they only do intake on Wednesdays

In general are you allowed to travel to different states for treatment (MMT, pain management for example)?

In the UK you have to go to one of the clinics within a certain radius of where you live - the other clinics simply won't take you (unless you're homeless I guess).

^^^ as far as i know there are no restrictions on crossing state lines for mmt in the states. and they supposedly say even if you get hemmed up by the police they may or may not take you in for methadone possession

I dont know wat everyone is talking about for "methadone possession" from clinics. In New Jersey you cant get take homes other than for weekends and its liquid. Pill form methadone aint used for addiction management. its illegal for a doctor to prescribe methadone pills for maintenance. for pain management it is legal, but not for addiction. it happens, but it aint legal. At a clinic you dont get shit to take home except on weekends or if you go for a long time and piss clean and are goin on vacation or somethin, etc. There is no prescription to fill or pills to carry or methadone to possess, you go in there and drink it in front of them and you go home.....

^That basically sums it all up. Except for on that lucky saturday when they give you your sunday take home. I always double dosed on saturdays ha. You had to bring in your little lock box hehe. Though after a really long time, they slowly start giving you take homes. I used to see people coming in on mondays and loading up their six take homes. I envied those people haha.

As of Wednesday 15th I will only have to collect my methadone three times per week - Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Theoretically I should be able to triple dose twice a week whilst still avoiding severe WDs as I will only have to go without methadone for two days once a week (every Thursday and Friday). Although I won't do this as it would defeat the whole purpose of being on methadone, or will it? Thinking about it, I went on methadone to come off illegal opiates so that I don't get into trouble with the law, avoid overdosing (as I'm getting a known dose of methadone every time), save money (methadone is free on the NHS :)) and to avoid having to go for longish periods of time without opiates in my system so that I don't have to suffer from severe WD symptoms. I certainly didn't go on methadone so that I could become completely abstinent and never get high again. Somehow I just don't think that's realistic, but I can only hope for the best. What would you fellow Bluelighters do in my situation? It's such a hard decision to make :D

Then if all goes well, three months after the 15th I will only collect once per week (hooray!).

You definitely CAN get take home botles other than Sundays. I have been on Methadone Clinic in NJ for 10 years and I am approved for 28 days Take Home Bottles. I also have the choice of getting them in pill form. I used to get the pills but the liquid is much easier to swallow than the big chalky pills.

IN NJ (at least at my clinic) there is no wait time to get on. They accept new patients 2 or 3 times per week. You are eligible to start receiving take home botles after 3 months of "compliance". Compliance means you piss clean, attend group or individual metings once a week and pay on time. They start giving you 2 or 3 take homes a week and after a year or so you can get the maximum of 28 days take home.

I believe the highest dose I went to was 140 mgs but tapered down to 50 mgs very slowly. I tapered 1 mg per week. Believe me, it is much better to be on the lowest dose possible. At 120+ I was getting very lethargic and drowsy during the day. And its not a good feeling like with dope, its a medicinal drowsy feeling if you know what I mean. Plus the constipation is serious at high doses. And lastly, if you are on a very high dose and do decide to use dope, you can forget it. Taking high doses of methadone will totaly eliminate the pleasurable effects of dope.

i'm at 100mg's now and I'm told it's too much. I use it for pain management, but I usually run short at the end of my prescription because 100mgs is sometimes not enough. Then I suffer for days taking much less until it's time to refill again. Does anyone else have this prob? I'm in the Atlanta area.........thanks

I got to the point of once a week Clinic dosing and several times got 13 bottle take home for going out of town for work. They asked for some proof of your trip, like a newpaper from the city your supposed to go to. Was on for 18 years and used most of that time.

I currently get 100mg from a pain Doc. They told me they rarely prescribe over 80mg and I was an exception. They make me feel like I'm on a really high dose, and maybe I am, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm trying to lower my dosage if possible, because my wife is using it against me in a divorce. Because of her I can't drive with my kids or have them unsupervised.......just because I use methadone for pain management. Agghh!! It sucks, she is such a witch!

100mg is a pretty high dose to be on. You said you're in Atlanta? what hospital are you going to or what pain clinic? That is crazy I have never heard of that much methadone being prescribed for pain either but I do know methadone is a good analgesic opioid and its good for pain mgt because of its long duration.

I mean most heroin addicts that were doing anywhere from half a gram to a gram a day would still only be started at 30mg of done and then moved up to 60mg-80mg after the trial period. But its not unheard of for people to be up in the 100s I've even heard of 200mg before, and all the way down to people taking 1mg a day. Everyone has different needs and as long as you do a long taper methadone can be OK.

I go to PCA, Pain Consultants of Atlanta and get a prescription for the month. Methadone works pretty good for pain management. At this point I'm not sure what else to try. Not much else seems to work very well for my pain. I lost my arm many years ago and the phantom pain can be extremely hard. I wish there was a way that I couldn't run low at the end of the month. The days that my pain is really bad and I take more than 10 pills a day (100 mg), I end up running short at the end of the month. It's so hard at the end of the month, I wish there was a way to get me through the end of the month, but I just don't know how or where to go........

I live just north of Detroit and was on methadone for a while. They did the intake on a saturday so I would not miss work. There was no waiting as long as you had cash. It worked well for me.

Columbus day- is your methadone clinic open or closed?

Hey i was just wondering if most methadone clinics are open or closed on columbus day? i didn't notice any sign or anything at my clinic (THS in Seattle) but i'm worried it might be closed tomorrow which is columbus day. I would have known if they would have given me a second carry bottle, but i don't get carrys because i don't have a lock-box. I can't call them or anything cause its sunday any they're closed. So i'm wondering if your methadone clinic is open or closed on Columbus Day 10-12-2009? thanks in advance for your help

Alot of Methadone clinics I've seen are open on holidays,they just open later and/or close earlier.

like the clinic in my town,usually opens from 9 am to 3 pm,but on holidays its 9 am to 12 noon.

The one I used to go to, you gotta bring the lock-box on the day before holidays for a take-home. I never went to the clinic in October, though...

They always made damn sure to let you know way ahead of time to bring money for two days (and the lock-box)... They didn't want to lose their $11+!

Speaking of weird hours, mine was open from 6AM to 10AM on weekends! People were lined up like rats at the feeder come 9:30 or so!

My clinic in waukesha, Wisconsin is not closed tomorrow the 12th. I hope that helps . I got my sunday take home and that was it. :)<3%);)=D

My clinic in waukesha, Wisconsin is not closed tomorrow the 12th. I hope that helps . I got my sunday take home and that was it. :)<3%);)=D

thanks im assuming its gonna be open tomorrow because i didn't see a sign saying it'd be closed..thanks again;)