• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permafried

Well there are countless people who have some symptoms of mental disorders, often a unique mix of them that is by far not enough to diagnose someone with something. But if you trip a LOT then these things can get blown out of proportion and can make you think in both free but also bizarre or absurd ways.
I suspect on thing that may happen is that tripping promotes the existence of neural connections between nodes that actually don't really have a deep need to be connected. The result may be that a person might start seeing patterns that are not there, thinking in ways that are unorthodox but sometimes also brilliant. With these arbitrary connections it's just a matter of luck and preserving mental stability to produce something positive with it.
Others may not be able to handle it very well and spiral out of control. The thing about the neural net is my suspicion and not proven fact AFAIK.

I am definitely changed profoundly by all my tripping, I feel more spiritual but also more sensitive to stimuli (it can be difficult), my creativity has gotten a boost but I have also blown out of proportion both my quirky side that is typically me as well as mental issues that were previously latent. Think PDD-NOS with obsessive personality traits among other things.

Your post got me thinking this morning. New connections could be made during a so-called "bad trip" that might alter the individual's future characteristics and behaviour. Connections resulting in psychosomatic reactions could be formed too, stemming from the nervous system. The better one is able to manage and work through what they are experiencing may not make a difference. There are naturally negative physical reactions to consider that are at least psychosomatic.

I am altered for every waking moment from past psychedelic use. I feel awakened and positive in many ways, but I am having trouble reintegrating into society. It is changing so fast and I don't necessarily agree with what the human race is doing anymore. Something like this could lead someone to sit around there their whole life deep in thought, leading others to think they are "permafried" when they may actually have developed new talents or cognitive abilities that are just not considered valuable to society. I can see this being very frustrating. Or, something rare might happen that could be revolutionary for the world as a whole.

I find that after using psychedelics a lot it is clearly obvious to me that I perceive the world differently than the vast majority of the population. Essentially, a single use can make you an anomaly in this world and you might end up with superpowers, or you could end up feeling indifferent to life. I personally do not think it depends exclusively on the individual's mental state if a negative change happens, it can be as much of an accident as one with a car. These drugs are unpredictable and bad reactions can happen with anything.

If one is comfortable with the way that they are changing, there shouldn't be an issue. They are some of the safest drugs, safer than weed in my opinion. As I am addicted to high grade weed and notice a lot of burnout at times with medical grade if I use it more than a couple times a day. Even that needs to be moderated or I feel temporarily fried. I've never seen a case of noticeable brain damage, just strange people.

I can see this happening if someone takes a ridiculous dose as well and that might be more associated with something "they" might call PTSD.

I think that they changed me more than I realize. I would say the same about Mdma use in a much more negative light.

Last edited: