• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permafried

I doubt that LSD can "permafry" the brain. Though the users can misconfigure their psyche with the help of LSD, kinda like hypnosis. That misconfiguration can be permanent, if the user does nothing about it.

I agree, I have to believe that these drugs can FUCK you up whether you are predisposed to mental illness or not. Especially when we are talking about the heavier abuse. Its important for everyone to pay attention to possible changes or patterns in their psyche an regulate their use accordingly. Everyone is different.

A hefty dose of LSD will absolutly leave you feeling completely shattered for long WHILE, I know this from experience. 8o

I dunno, I've taken doses of LSD big enough to drop a bull rhino and never had any problems. Going to work every fucking day to some shit job is stress far beyond LSD can ever give you.

HPPD can hit anyone after any given trip from what I understand. Regardless of how strong ones mind is. Although I bet a strong mind would rebound and re-adjust much faster and more successfully after this sort of experience.

haha yeah that's a good one.. What a life, a glass of juice. Such absurdity during these ridiculous moments we all share when people spread these myths..... just made me think up a joke I got a kick out of. goes like this.

"yo what happened to stutterin' Clyde?" " Oh dawg, in '89 homeboy ate a whole tray of mushroom biscuits and washed it down with OJ and some acid tabs" "word?" "yeah dawg, then he smoked some dust and washed down some ecstacy with robotussin." "fo real??" "yeah dawg, then the damn po-lice caught him naked tryin to pick up a po-lice car wit like a hundred hits of acid in his mouf." "So then what happened?" "Well, clyde served time but when he came back he wat'n right no more, he be permafried now." "word? permafried? Wat dat mean?" "Well its like dat n*gga who thought he be orange juice yo!" "aww hell fo reeeal yo? So Clyde be permafried?" "I don't know yo, Clyde aint never been right to begin with." "Well if dat orange juice guy real..." "yeah dawg i know....Permafried"

Last edited:
I dunno, I've taken doses of LSD big enough to drop a bull rhino and never had any problems. Going to work every fucking day to some shit job is stress far beyond LSD can ever give you.

incidentally do you have a job?

Well there are countless people who have some symptoms of mental disorders, often a unique mix of them that is by far not enough to diagnose someone with something. But if you trip a LOT then these things can get blown out of proportion and can make you think in both free but also bizarre or absurd ways.
I suspect on thing that may happen is that tripping promotes the existence of neural connections between nodes that actually don't really have a deep need to be connected. The result may be that a person might start seeing patterns that are not there, thinking in ways that are unorthodox but sometimes also brilliant. With these arbitrary connections it's just a matter of luck and preserving mental stability to produce something positive with it.
Others may not be able to handle it very well and spiral out of control. The thing about the neural net is my suspicion and not proven fact AFAIK.

I am definitely changed profoundly by all my tripping, I feel more spiritual but also more sensitive to stimuli (it can be difficult), my creativity has gotten a boost but I have also blown out of proportion both my quirky side that is typically me as well as mental issues that were previously latent. Think PDD-NOS with obsessive personality traits among other things.

incidentally do you have a job?

shit_just_got_real_trollcat.jpg

haha yeah that's a good one.. What a life, a glass of juice. Such absurdity during these ridiculous moments we all share when people spread these myths..... Just made me think up a joke i got a kick out of. Goes like this.

"yo what happened to stutterin' clyde?" " oh dawg, in '89 homeboy ate a whole tray of mushroom biscuits and washed it down with oj and some acid tabs" "word?" "yeah dawg, then he smoked some dust and washed down some ecstacy with robotussin." "fo real??" "yeah dawg, then the damn po-lice caught him naked tryin to pick up a po-lice car wit like a hundred hits of acid in his mouf." "so then what happened?" "well, clyde served time but when he came back he wat'n right no more, he be permafried now." "word? Permafried? Wat dat mean?" "well its like dat n*gga who thought he be orange juice yo!" "aww hell fo reeeal yo? So clyde be permafried?" "i don't know yo, clyde aint never been right to begin with." "well if dat orange juice guy real..." "yeah dawg i know....permafried"

Ahahahahahahaaaha!!

I'm not sure it was mentioned yet, but I read a story (possibly on erowid) on a few people who accidentally snorted lsd tartrate (thinking it was cocaine) and their doses taken were thousands of times more than an average dose. Although they all wound up in the hospital and some required several weeks of treatment, all of them made full recoveries. I doubt it would be possible to take such a high dose and permanently ruin your brain.

^ It would be really interesting to know some of the details of those cases, preferably from a trustworthy source...

Only realistic case of "permafried" I can think of is people that already have problems with obsessive thought patterns getting way too far into their own heads after a really intense trip. I've done it, but it's not really "perma" because as soon as you realize its just obsessive thinking it pretty much goes away.

I hope you're kidding... are you aware of the history of LSD? That is exactly how it's psychoactive effects were first discovered in 1943.

+1 man. Maybe he was being sarcastic?? If not then definitely check out the history of LSD...it's amazing.

haha amen man ;)

Taking "too much" acid and frying yourself doesn't happen. See, after a certain dose, the receptors become saturated, no more LSD can bind to them. After this dose, taking more acid only adds length. In other words (other than physical side-effects) 20 hits of acid feels the same as 100 hits of acid. Or 200 hits of acid. All that's different is the length of time you're going to be tripping. You hear stories of people accidentally taking 100 hits and being crazy forever. Those stories are bullshit. I actually know someone who has been known to drink whole vials (100 hits) on occasion.

nice username!