• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permafried

Ismene, youre simply looking at this wrong. Claiming drugs do not cause mental disorders makes no sense. Thats implying I could spend 10 years of my life IVing heroin, snorting meth and eating LSD, yet not struggle with depression or anxiety if I were to sober up for a long period of time. Do you know what causes schizophrenia? No. No one does. But the functional behaviors of a schizophrenic and someone on a psychedelic trip are not only tied to neurotransmitters and the brain itself, but to perceptions and reactions to an external reality.

I think overdoing any activity for years and then stopping it may cause depression and anxiety tho. But presumably we're talking about mental disorders more serious than depression?

If drugs contributed to causing schizophrenia you'd think there'd have been a big increase in schizophrenia rates from 100 years ago (when hardly anyone smoked pot) to now (when half the population smokes pot)

^^

That's all horseshit tho. The idea that if you take an enormous dose you somehow trip harder and harder is fucking bollocks. The brain only has so many receptors - once those are blocked up by LSD molecules the rest just floats around your body until your liver eliminates it and you piss it out. No-one knows the dose of LSD that blocks up all the receptors but it's not going to be anything like a thumbprint sized dose. Anyone taking a thumbprint is just pissing most of it down the shitter.

so john lennon takes lsd, and concludes that he is jesus christ and believes this strongly enough to tell a fan even the next day after it has worn off and you don't think that is a problem? i assume you believe john lennon really was jesus christ then? after john lennon stopped using lsd because he couldn't handle the bad trips he was having, he developed addictions to cocaine and heroin. once again, how do you not see that as a problem? it doesn't seem much like jesus like behavior.

no one ever says it because most people are smart enough not to make up statistics. if you're telling me no one has ever said drugs can have an incredibly positive affect on mental health, you need to review your history because quite a few people have said that. i'm going to show you one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary

you're retarded. acid in the beatles time was incredibly potent. a threshhold dose will last sumthing like 6-8 hours (this would be an incredibly mild trip) most trips however, last around 12-14 hours. an intense enough trip at a ridiculous dose, however, can last days, weeks, months, years, and sumtimes a natural lifetime. so keeping in mind 1. how good acid wus back in the day and 2. lennon was an experienced tripper and prolly took high doses, its very possible he was tripping into the next day. it seems like it would hav to be a nutty, long ass intense trip for you to think ur JC. it is also possible lennon was just joking the next day. furthermore, you will find many rock musicians get addicted to coke and or heroin, and that the best way to fight an
addiction is to replace it. so his other addictions were probably not caused by acid.

and lastly- while i doubt the ratio is 100:1, and while i cant speak for other drugs, pyschedellics (lsd especially) are much more likely to help your mental health then deteriorate it. not government funded studies prove this. acid helps terminal patients cope with their death, helps addicts of all kinds, turns atheists faithful, makes depressed people happy, stimulates artistic, intellectual, and abstract thinking, and a couple other positive effects. alot of the worlds best, relatively recent music has been inspired by and sumtimes composed while on acid. tool's graphic designer- alex grey is psychedellically inspired. tool themselves are psychedllicallly inspired. both the guy who discovered the double helix nature of DNA, and the guy who discovered the modern day layout of the atom, were on acid wen they discovered that shit. A. Huxley's brave new world and hunter thompsons fear and loathing were both greatly inspired by acid. heard enough?

personally- acid helped prioritize my life, made me more spiritual, and made me appreciate the beauty of everyday life. most drugs make sobreity boring by comparison, but acid does the opposite, especially after bad trips.

acid is a beautiful and extremely theraputic drug with little to no long term effects (moderation is key in this) it has a bad wrap because of government paranoia and the usual DEA scare tactics bullshit that hav little to no basis in truth. sure its not for everyone and can excaerbate mental illness. so dont do acid without a psychiatric evaluation and dont abuse the drug. dont do it if ur a bitch who cant handle their shit and gets paranoid from weed. if u jump out of a building cus you think you can fly, your a dumbass for not trying from the ground first

To be honest the ignorance is on the part of those who claim psychedelics cause mental illness. When you look at the figures for schizophrenia for example the rates have remained constant for the last 100 years - despite the enormous increase in psychedelic drug use and particularly pot. You'd think if such drugs actually did have any effect on mental health the rates of schizophrenia would have exploded over the last 40 years.

schizophrenia isn't the only mental illness. I have personally seen a person with no history of anxiety/depression get a 7-month long bout of severe depression with near constant panic attacks for the first months. this person was irresponsible in the fact they had never tripped before and started out eating 3 strong hits. i'm sure behavior like this isn't that uncommon.

i am the first to admit psychedelics are beneficial to a lot of people but I really don't understand how you can claim they are harmless. a weak minded person and a strong dose of LSD will often have consequences.

like someone else said you can get PTSD from a bad trip just as easily as from going to war and seeing your friends die.

it may not be common but it is certainly in the realm of possibility.

Any traumatic experience can cause mental problems short or long term. This we know.

It's not likely to be different if someone has a terrifying experience on drugs. It's common sense. I really can't grasp why there's so much debate about it.

There isn't ever going to be "That one dose" that "fries" someone, it's incredibly illogical if your a seasoned man of the world who can connect the dots. Or have simply been there and back 100 times to find out that you and a select elite of people with their heads breathing fresh air rather than being tightly encapsulated deeply into their own asses are capable of understanding how the world actually works.

The unknowing should not be allowed to fill the dead air with speculation harbored as truth...nuff said

Last edited:
you're retarded. acid in the beatles time was incredibly potent. a threshhold dose will last sumthing like 6-8 hours (this would be an incredibly mild trip) most trips however, last around 12-14 hours. an intense enough trip at a ridiculous dose, however, can last days, weeks, months, years, and sumtimes a natural lifetime.
Acid is acid. There may be a higher or lower concentration of it on your blotter or in your dropper, but it's the same drug. Duration is dose responsive (with personal variation of course), so people were simply taking more highly concentrated acid. And that dose would wear off just the acid you take today.

and lastly- while i doubt the ratio is 100:1, and while i cant speak for other drugs, pyschedellics (lsd especially) are much more likely to help your mental health then deteriorate it. not government funded studies prove this. acid helps terminal patients cope with their death, helps addicts of all kinds, turns atheists faithful, makes depressed people happy, stimulates artistic, intellectual, and abstract thinking, and a couple other positive effects. alot of the worlds best, relatively recent music has been inspired by and sumtimes composed while on acid. tool's graphic designer- alex grey is psychedellically inspired. tool themselves are psychedllicallly inspired. both the guy who discovered the double helix nature of DNA, and the guy who discovered the modern day layout of the atom, were on acid wen they discovered that shit. A. Huxley's brave new world and hunter thompsons fear and loathing were both greatly inspired by acid. heard enough?

Now this, I agree with :) Great points, though do you have citations for the claim that Meischer took acid, or that any of the researchers in atomic theory did so?

My cousin knew a girl who had a vial of LSD in her sock while she was running from the police. Like, a big fucking vial of pure LSD, and she was climbing over a fence right, and when she fell over the other side it shattered and cut her ankle open, and supposedly all the acid soaked into the wound and into her bloodstream (cause it was all soaked in the sock against her bloody ankle) and she went fucking nuts, eventually catatonic.

Thought she was a glass of OJ. Wouldn't lay down, cause then she'd spill.
But my cuz is a hardcore tweaker, so maybe she just made it up. Does it even sound possible?

Last edited:
I doubt that LSD can "permafry" the brain. Though the users can misconfigure their psyche with the help of LSD, kinda like hypnosis. That misconfiguration can be permanent, if the user does nothing about it.

My cousin knew a girl who had a vial of LSD in her sock while she was running from the police. Like, a big fucking vial of pure LSD, and she was climbing over a fence right, and when she fell over the other side it shattered and cut her ankle open, and supposedly all the acid soaked into the wound and into her bloodstream (cause it was all soaked in the sock against her bloody ankle) and she went fucking nuts, eventually catatonic.

Thought she was a glass of OJ. Wouldn't lay down, cause then she'd spill.
But my cuz is a hardcore tweaker, so maybe she just made it up. Does it even sound possible?

What? you must be mocking other posts and that myth in general. You MUST be kidding.

I can't decide whether to :D or 8(

This, ladies and gentleman, is an excellent example of psychedelic-induced ego inflation.

No...

You're saying it's totally impossible to become more spiritual due to psychedelic drug use, and therefore any such perceptions are just ego-based self delusion.

Quite the opposite.

I can say that psychedelic drugs made me "more spiritual" without batting at eye. How can YOU possibly be a better judge of that than I?

a weak minded person and a strong dose of LSD will often have consequences.

True. But a weak minded person going to school will often have consequences. A weak minded person having to go to work will often have consequences. A weak minded persons girlfriend leaving them will often have consequences.

I think the danger is the weak minded person, not having a girlfriend or taking LSD.

True. But a weak minded person going to school will often have consequences. A weak minded person having to go to work will often have consequences. A weak minded persons girlfriend leaving them will often have consequences.

I think the danger is the weak minded person, not having a girlfriend or taking LSD.

Uhm, explain yourself more clearly. You can't compare taking LSD to going to school/having to go to work.

You misunderstood me, bro. I was poking fun at the fact that he calls someone retarded and then turns around and says how acid has made him more spiritual. :D

You can't compare taking LSD to going to school/having to go to work.

Why not? Because the government approves of one but not the other? Going to a terrible job every day can cause you far more mental stress than any LSD trip.