• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Which Drugs Cause Pupil Dilation?

Valkyrie

Bluelighter
Which drugs cause pupils to dilate? Obviously E, but what about weed, LSD, coke + speed?

Just for reference really. I've been refused entry into a club in the past because I have dilated pupils (on E) so I thought I'd better find out which other drugs cause it.
Does anyone know if there are any natural/herbal/legal highs/medicines that cause dilation? Perhaps I could blame it on something else!
[This message has been edited by Valkyrie (edited 19 November 2001).]

Yes, SSIR's can cause your pupils to dilate. These are anti-depressants such as Zoloft or Prozac. Zoloft tends to do it more for me.
So yeah, blame it on the Zoloft and tell the fucker to back off...
Slightly Fucked
[This message has been edited by Escapee' (edited 19 November 2001).]

ive never had big eyes on weed, they just go yellow and blood shot.
speed does it ever so slightly
and acid does it to me more than E, i also get worse jaw clenching on cid
------------------
Hold on to your little gonads.... and strife, gonads and strife, gonads and strife.
Gonads in the lightning... and the rain
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
AIM: impulsive state

meth and amphetamines, yes
acid and shrooms, the 2cts, somewhat
coke, barely
weed (don't smoke the shit, so I dont' have a clue)
------------------
You can be rich and still be a fucking moron loser who smokes crack all the time. -- Kyk
[This message has been edited by fairnymph (edited 19 November 2001).]

Um.. most drugs will .. opiates will have the oposite effect ("pinning" of the pupils) but most other drugs will give you some big ole saucer eyes...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

hmmm im a major victim of large eyes...but i think if i said its cause im on Zoloft, or prazac heaven forbid, the bouncers would show me to the nearest taxi rank for the very reasons people take them drugs, depression, anxiety stress ... all of which is a rollers/clubbers worse nightmare, literally...
does anyone know of any other (P)drugs that would dialate the pupils
------------------
keeping it interesting -If Ya AiNt RaVIn DoNt BoThEr BreAThin

Are you asking for LEGIT/LEGAL drugs or you wantto know what ILLICIT drugs dilate? As I said, MOST illicit drugs - except opioids - will dilate your pupils... as for LEGAL/PRESCRIPTION/OTC drugs.. well, thats going to be a very involved list...
Why do you ask anyway?
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

It pisses me off on Requiem for a Dream when it shows their pupils dilate after they shoot. Damn movies.
------------------
This message will self-destruct 5..4..3..2...

ok fuck, im getting pissed off here, was it not COKE that they were snorting/shooting in the movie "A Requium of a Dream"?
Was it coke or herroin?

here's a better question: why do the pupils dialate?
disciple
------------------
"Feel how the Greater Being comes!
Rejoice and, in rejoicings, die!
Melt in the music of the drums!
For I am you and you are I."
-Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
"for you see, it's love that makes your crack house into a crack home!"
-PhreeX
"MDMA desciple - you're My Hero!!!"
-twiddlebug
AIM: Aluvitar http://www.thedjunion.com
[This message has been edited by MDMA desciple (edited 22 November 2001).]

Neurological input to the iris muscles controls the pupil diameter. Some drugs act upon the muscles of the iris to enlarge the pupil diameter.
------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle