• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fastest way to rebuild Serotonin ?

royksopp

Bluelighter
I dont roll often, last time was 1 pill on NYE.

May or may not be a rave this Saturday. Maybe 2 "Mollies".

If I attend, this is my plan for the following week. The typical day will be as follows.

-Run at 7am to beach (2 miles)
-Eat Breakfast OJ, Fruit and Toast with 1/2 Hardboiled Egg.
-Lunch at 12, Tuna Sandwich with Small Salad
-Dinner at 7 Salmon and various fish with steamed vegetables and a rice dish
-Bed- 100 Crunches, 60 Push-ups (3 reps) .5mg Ativan, 100mg 5HTP. Read two chapters of my book.
-Sleep by 11pm

I feel this may be the fastest way to rebuild my serotonin. (not planning to roll again, just want to be back to normal.)

I often spend the next week after a roll slurring my words and losing my thoughts mid sentence and looking like an absolute E-Tard.

How do you all rebuild your serotonin?
It seems like the post anxiety and depression is tooo much for me to just try and ride it out....:(

Serotonin will reach normal levels again in about a week pretty much regardless of what you do, given you don't take any more drugs that affect the Serotogenic system that week. Exercising and eating well like that, though, is a good way to start feeling better faster.

I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with having this whole schedule before doing MDMA. Your serotonin will be back to normal regardless of if you exercise/eat healthy. Sure its good for you anyway but it isn't going to make any difference.

Maybe not, but people who have healthier habits seem to have less negative side effects and quicker recovers than those who don't.

I don't think you need to worry given your planned dosage and past use.

The effects on your serotonin system will be fleeting and negligible.

But you should do that stuff anyway coz it'd be good for you.

I do special stuff sort of like that when I know I'm going to have a big druggie weekend. I think it's part of the ritual, the anticipation. To me it's part of the fun of doing drugs overall.
They're all good things to be doing anyway, and perhaps the knowledge that you've done good, healthy things all week removes any trickle of guilt about doing something that's not-so-healthy, yet fun.

Pre-loading seems like something to get you more hyped to your roll...

If it helps the anticipation build, go for it!

As for rebuilding serotonin...

just take some 5-HTP and wait at least a week or two.

I, personally, wait a month or longer until another roll party.

I'm gonna pull a Super Saturday this weekend finally so, after waiting 2 months, I'm stoked!

if you use not regularly at all, you shouldn't be gettin bad come-downs or "monday/tuesday/midweek blues"(especially if its mdma)... best way to rebuild serotonin... 5-htp i spose... but never tried myself... when the come-downs got too bad, i took a break from X n md in general...

It's been theorized that antioxidants will decrease the comedown and the long term effects, as well as minimize any potential damage to serotonin receptors. Vitamin C is a good one that tastes good, and you don't have to worry about taking too much as your body will pass it out naturally. Only thing you really have to worry about is a stomach ache.

huntmich said:
It's been theorized that antioxidants will decrease the comedown and the long term effects, as well as minimize any potential damage to serotonin receptors.
i agree... however some others on BL don't....

Its probably not a good idea but I like to workout before the night of a roll. Just gets me in a positive mindset I suppose

phatass said:
i agree... however some others on BL don't....

I personally always pre load and post load. I think it has helped me to feel better but I don't know what it has actually done to my serotonin levels.

There just isn't enough information out there to really answer the question. I would rather be safe than sorry, I know that taking the supplements that I take aren't going to hurt me in the short/long term so there really isn't any reason NOT to take them. :)

I'd recommend finding some anti-depressant/SSRI drugs (like prozac) and taking them for a few days after you roll. Anti-anxiety drugs also work well, like xanax or klonopin.

I have extreme anxiety, but I rolled this weekend and I'm not experiencing any problems two days afterwards. What I did was this:
-Drank anti-oxidant juices while rolling and right afterwards (like acai, pomegranate, superfood green juice, etc.)
-Took shots of ginger and spinach juice, with apple slices
-Took klonopin (a benzo) as I was coming down
-Also took 50mg zoloft after coming down
-Ate extremely healthy for two days afterwards, including lots of protein and amino acid supplements. Continuing to take 50mg zoloft for the next few days.

If you can't get hold of an SSRI or benzos, substitute St. John's Wort (an herb that acts like an SSRI) and valerian root (for anxiety). Take a LARGE amount of both throughout the day.

Ive read 100mg of DXM 4 hours before a role can reverse the effects of MDMA and provide a very strong roll Any one else heard this?

doyley said:
Ive read 100mg of DXM 4 hours before a role can reverse the effects of MDMA and provide a very strong roll Any one else heard this?
How would reversing the effects of MDMA produce a "very strong roll"? That doesn't make any sense, assuming you mean a roll is being up on pills?

5-HTP is great for reducing comedowns, just don't eat too much or you might end up with serotonin syndrome!