• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to get powder out of fentanyl vial, and What dose to use when IMing?

Two_in_the_pink

Bluelight Crew
Ok so I'm pretty new here, and I hope I'm posting in the right place. Please don't yell too bad if I am. I'm sorry.

So I was sitting on my couch the other day when a crapload of fentanyl citrate vials came flying through the window and landed on my lap.8o I'm not really one for booting or plugging, so I was wondering if there was a way to cook/base the stuff to get powder? I tried the nasal spray deal, but it didn't really do much.

I have a 300mg/day oxy regimen(prescribed)<3 , so my tolerance is pretty high. Does anyone maybe have any ideas? Also a few vials of Diazepam and Dexamethasone made their way into my lap. I really don't mess around with this stuff too much, I'd rather have the oxy's. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!=D

By the way this site is amazing.

Last edited:
i gotta start keeping my windows open more often

but in all seriousness, yes, it would be possible to cook it down to a powder, but it would make it a lot more dangerous to use. If its in solution, its easier to measure out doses. Unless you have an unltra sensitve scale, fucking with fentanyl powder is only going to lead to bad things.

Just leave it as a liquid, and measure doses out with a needless syringe.

Fentanyl citrate in a nasal spray bottle didn't work well for you? I find that surprising. Did you let the spray land on your mucus membranes and not all down the back of your throat? My advice is to keep that fentanyl in a solution. It's a hell of a lot more manageable that way. Get a syringe just for measuring it.

Evaporate it with very gentle heat, and heed all the warnings about the potency. Very very easy to OD, I'm told.

My Dad has some of those patches...'m hoping to sweet talk him out of them and try the stuff, at last...

^ Great advice!! (sarcasm). No matter what you're doing with it, I see no advantage to making it into a powder. That will just make it harder to dose. RIght now you have a solution of known concentration.

Sonic- I'll try letting it land on mucas membranes. Maybe that was it. You think I should feel it even with my daily oxy intake? ( I have quite a few of these vials). How much should I "spray"?

^ Even with an oxy tolerance you can definitely still get high from fentanyl if you do enough at least.

If you have a metered nasal spray bottle, based on your tolerance, I'd say do about 60-100mcg per spray. Most spray bottles spray about .1ml per spray. Slowly titrate your dose until you are as high as desired. Some of the fentanyl will be swallowed, so take into account the fact that it might be an hour or so before you feel the effects from all you have taken.

sonic said:
^ Even with an oxy tolerance you can definitely still get high from fentanyl if you do enough at least.

If you have a metered nasal spray bottle, based on your tolerance, I'd say do about 60-100mcg per spray. Most spray bottles spray about .1ml per spray. Slowly titrate your dose until you are as high as desired. Some of the fentanyl will be swallowed, so take into account the fact that it might be an hour or so before you feel the effects from all you have taken.

The vials themselves are 100mcg/2ml. It would be difficult to spray the whole thing out of a nasal sprayer in 1 spray. I had put 3 vials in the smallest sprayer I could find. I think you could get maybe 20 sprays out of a single vial.

And I forgot to mention, I had someone IM me in the thigh, about 3/4 of a vial...........and still felt nothing.:(

Boy........I sure wish it was Oxy's or Ecstasy, or mdma that had landed on my lap.%) Anyway........thanx for the replies everyone.

This disgusts me.

You're someone who is lucky enough to get a legitimate vial of fentanyl, and you're not willing to IV it? That's just plain disrespectful to opiates.

Give it to someone who would truly appreciate it and use it right.

Last edited:
Wow. 13 posts and no one has mentioned that dexamethasone is a steroid that has ZERO recreational potential. Do not use that one. I would say throw it away, like most people say, but I'd say save it till you have bad arthritis, and need an anti-inflammatory. Don't try to get high from it though.

PS What strength/volume? Is it 50mcg/mL? It should say clearly on the vial.

bow-viper1 said:
This disgusts me.

You're someone who is likely to get a legitimate vial of fentanyl, and you're not willing to IV it? That's just plain disrespectful to opiates.

Calm down man, ever hear of harm reduction? Maybe he does not IV drugs. But if you read his posts he said he IM'd some.

drunken_etard said:
Calm down man, ever hear of harm reduction? Maybe he does not IV drugs. But if you read his posts he said he IM'd some.
I don't care if someone has never IVed. If you get a vial of fentanyl, you take up IVing.

End of discussion.

bow-viper1 said:
This disgusts me.

You're someone who is lucky enough to get a legitimate vial of fentanyl, and you're not willing to IV it? That's just plain disrespectful to opiates.

haha that's exactly what i was thinking.

^ More like "LOL,douche"

Don't try to encourage that shit. Not everybody wants to use needles, don't try to pressure them. Its just a vial of fentanyl, its really nothing that special. I assume the people who do the whole "holy grail of opiates" thing have never tried whatever opiate they talking about... OMG OPANA LOL!WTF!

sorry but i think he should IV it, despited whatever any mods say about harm reduction.