• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meperidine (Demerol) .. Worth a shit?

brodie

Bluelighter
So I've got my hands on eight 50mg Meperidine / 25mg Promethazine (Demerol). After doing a little bit of searching ive found a bunch of mixed answers to my questions concerning the drug. Some people say that its great, and compares to opiates like hydromorphone, and oxycodone... others say it isnt worth a damn and they get more unpleasant side effects making it not worth taking in the first place...

I have a bit of an opiate tolerance, I shoot about 3 - 4 bags of heroin daily... but I have no tolerance to demerol, i dont usually get my hands on pharmacuticals.... So I guess my question would be, around how many of these pills should I take orally to get a decent high w/ my tolerance? And can they be prepared for IV?

I got them for pretty cheap, so if they dont turn out to be worth my time, it isnt a huge loss. Any answers to some of my questions would be appreciated though.

:\

Meperidine is one of the drugs i've always wanted to try but have never been able to get my hands on.

Let us know how you go please?

Im sorry i don't actually have any answers to the questions specified in your post, all i can say is i have heard nothing but good things...everyone i have talked to has compared it to an opiate of some sort, which one they couldn't specify ;)

i hate demerol. it is a strange drug, gives a dirty high IMO and is much more toxic than most other opioids and is prone to weird side effects. used to be very popular for medical use but not so much anymore, although some docs esp in rural areas like mine still love it for some reason.

how many pills? can't tell you. it's all a function of tolerance. 3-4 bags of heroin could mean anything, depends on the quality. i'd venture to guess that you won't get much off these pills, though. milligram for milligram meperdine isn't strong. i don't know the exact equivalincies but charts are readily availible. the prometh is also not a nice thing to take a whole lot of, although it potentiates the opiates to some degree

please don't IV them, pop one or two and see how it does you. you can always take more, you can't take less.

Alright guys, well after looking at equiv. charts posted on this website, this is the oral comparison.

#Pain Killer Equivalent Doses (Oral)
1.2mg.............Buprenorphine (Bupe)
200mg............Codeine (Tylenol 2, 3, 4, etc)
30-60mg.........Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) (orally it = morphine, IV/IM/insuffilated it's 2x as strong)
100mg............Dihydrocodeine
30mg..............Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lorcet, etc)
7.5mg.............Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
37.5µg............Fentanyl (not sure on this one, anyone know the oral dose equivalence for Fentanyl?)
4mg................Levorphanol (Dromoran)
300mg............Meperidine (Demerol)
10-20mg.........Methadone
30-60mg.........Morphine
20mg..............Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet)
10mg..............Oxymorphone (Numorphan)
200-300mg.....Propoxyphene (Darvocet)
150mg............Tramadol (Ultram, Ultracet)

Look what I put in bold there.. Apperently 300 mg of demerol taken orally is equal or about equal to 7.5mgs of dilaudid ?!

If that is true, then 300 mgs should be a pretty nice dose, I was considering taking about 4 of the capsules (200 mgs) in the first place. Maybe ill take two more, or maybe all 8.. i just dont know.

Whatever I decide to take, ill be sure to let you guys know.

^ remember the promethazine, though. it can be unpleasant in higher doses and does kick the opiates up a notch in terms of sedation and i believe respiratory depression as well, and can be nasty in high doses. i don't know much about the drug taken in high doses, though. someone will come along who does though.

worth -3 shits, so to speak.

but yea. you only live once.

so vroom vroom to the syringe or whatever..

i'd take 2 or 3 and wait a little while, then redose as appropriately

remember you are not just dealing w/the opiate but also w/the promethazine which will increase the sedation. it is not exactly an opiate potentiator but can definitely knock you on your ass in combination with opiates

n.b., meperidine in high doses can cause seizures/neurotoxicity

SomeKindaLove said:
i'd take 2 or 3 and wait a little while, then redose as appropriately

remember you are not just dealing w/the opiate but also w/the promethazine which will increase the sedation. it is not exactly an opiate potentiator but can definitely knock you on your ass in combination with opiates

n.b., meperidine in high doses can cause seizures/neurotoxicity

So having the promethazine in there could acctualy be a positive thing.. hmmm, hopefully itll give me that "knocked on my ass" effect in combination with the demerol. Im hoping itll also kill the nausea.

Anywho, I just popped 4 of them... a few minutes ago, so lets see what happens from here eh?

i think you can shoot up to 75mg of promethazine in a go... it burns like no tomoro though... never tried meperidim tho... even orally 100mg of promethazine is a lot (very sedating), sometimes unpleasant (i think because of its anti-cholinergeric properties some don't "support" it...

"In fact, pethidine may be more addictive than other opioids because of its exceptionally rapid onset of action and associated "rush", and additional activity as a monoamine transporter inhibitor, which results in cocaine-like stimulant effects in addition to its typical opioid effects.[11] When compared with oxycodone, hydromorphone, and placebo, pethidine was consistently associated with more euphoria, difficulty concentrating, confusion, and impaired psychomotor and cognitive performance when administered to healthy volunteers.[12] The especially severe side effects unique to pethidine among opioids — serotonin syndrome, seizures, delirium, dysphoria, tremor — are primarily or entirely due to the action of its metabolite, norpethidine"

little interestin wiki fact bout demerol...

Snort them. I had the 25mg (a firend actually who likes them) on a few occasions. Orally I took 6 one night and felt like 60mg codeine so I though they were SHIT (his mom got them from her dentist as pain medication). They next day we said to snort them since we both hate and are afraid of needles, plus its the most dirty thing in my opinion, unless you HAVE to, in a hospital type situation.

Anyways, snorted it was amongst one of the GOOD or REALY GOOD opioids. Its also special in that it has a certain hallucinatory aspect to it (probably from the histamine release..I assume). Here's the 'trick'. Crush your 1st pill, and divide it in as many lines as you can...I suggest 3-4 lines. Snort one or two and WAIT (for at LEAST 10 minutes...15min is a good)! The reason for this is because demerol snorted BURNS just as bad as very, very good MDMA/MDA in pill form if you've ever had it, if not, I will tell you I've snorted percocets and that is nothing to this. It BURNS! But the real reason you wait is for the pain kiling effects to come on. After your first 25mg, I SWARE to you that me and my buddy (btw, my buddy was newer to opioids than I was, we made the mistake to snort almost the whole 25mg pills in about 2 big lines at once up each nostril, eyes watering and we wanted to do right away the rest of the 25mg pill but he said "hey fuck it...forget about it lets just take a bunch orally, we can't do this man" but since I kept insisting on him getting a good opioid 'feel' he allright but he was like okay but let's wait a couple of minutes until i'm ready to go again.)

After no more than 5min we did the rest of the pill and within 15min-20min it started to work. He said...lets's do another one. We get the lines ready and we're like "Okay let's get ready for our nose to be burned to shit"..we decided to do it all in at once in a couple of lines. I SWARE to you that the next few lines, barely felt painful at all. Now we were at 50mg, my frined (an opioid newbie) was LOVING it, he was hoping around the place getting ready for the next one....long story short he ened up at 3 hundred something MG (almost 35mg snorted) and me about 280mg or something like that flat out. We thought we were getting used to the lines due to our noses not burning like the first line...then it cliked it why to one of us: we were snorting a powerfull painkiller, numbing our noses, the pain was still there but we just we numb to the pain.

The reason I mention this story is b/c, it was a lovely high (AND A VERY LONG ONE CONSIDERING WE WERE SNORTING IT) but at during the night towards the morning and esp upon waking up next day both our noses ened up being so clogged up with bits of powders, that every time I'd blow my nose I'd find pieces of the snorted powder from the night before.
However the reason we kept snorting it from then on was bacuse it way 3-4 time more effective than orally. 6 oral 25mg pills felt like one 25mg pill snorted. Also I had some hallucinatory effects (very very small...but on demerol I felt the most sense of being in a 'dream world' and I haven't tried morphine or heroin but i've had pure codeine phosphate many time the 30mg pills not the T1 extract shit with caffeine, and I preffer the pure codeine without caffeine high even over oxys which I find less sedating). The hallucinations were more of the gravol/dramamine type hallucinations rather than say psychedelic type. However I only had very small and only for a bit like seeing little lines of people dancing on a washing machine...while I was trying to nodd out on his couch. I'm sure I would have gone to dream world had it been just me and the demerol, the t.v. and the comfy couch, but he was much more upbeat than I was and so we kept chatting. My friend was into Ecstacy at that time and that night he said the best drug isn't E no more, but opioids/opiate.

Hopefully it wasn't just rambling but you got an idea of the demerol high, and its effects. I suggest you ONLY snort it. We DID snort a LOT of powder, and I had a small tolerence too but I was loving it, except the 'TRICK' with the lines at the beging of session and the end with clogged up noses. I thought it was worth it though/so did he and we both repeated it.

You've got the 50mg pills, so good, not much powder clogged up noses and such. We had the 25mg meperidine pills.

BTW, I need to ask you, what is the other chemical the 25mg one that is added in your compound?

I assume its an anti histamine...mabye it was added to the 25mg pills as well...hence the hallucinatory nature of my experience, or do u think that we just had meperidine (Demerol) only pills? Do they even add that drug to the 25mg pills?

Does what you have come under a different name or is the drug DEMEROL the combination of both meperidine and the other chemical)?

SomeKindaLove, NO (or not really), but if you take it for a long time period demerol contains a toxic metabolite which builds up in the blood the more and more you take the demerol, and that metabolite especially causes liver damage (i'm sure since it's a toxin, it affects other organs as well, but the liver is the one that suffers the most).

^^ wow triple post much, you know you can merge them right? Yea it's ok, I would take anything rate now.

brodie, 7.5mg of hydromorphone (Dillaudid) snorted, is (2mg X4 TABS or 3mg X2/1 TABS of the time realease which u need if u want to snort it, crush each bead individually which many people cannot do/don't do). I'm very experienced with snorting hydromorphone since like I mentioned I hate and more so I am scared (phobic) of needles and injections, especially I.V. injections...I am still scared but not so much when I get I.M. injections from the doctor like vacines. So i've used about half year pretty much ONLY hydromorphine and NEVER ORALLY/ALWAYS SNORTED, it was a steady connection and cheap ($1 per 3mg pill the time release ones, and anything over $20 was $0.50 cents a pill, but towards the end it came to $1.50 a pill and $1 over $20...still good price at that time).

I can tell you from all my expeience that even 9mg-10mg hydromorphone snorted (and you said 7.5mg) MAY be a nice euphoric experience with not that much tolerence. BUT 300mg demerol snorted you may just be COMPLETLY OUT for 3 hours and then nodding out the rest of the day. I would say 7.5mg hydromorphone snorted is equal to more like 50mg of meperidine (demerol) snorted. At best/maximum it would be equivalent to 75mg of demerol, but much more likely that 50mg is more like the equivalency SNORTED. As well you cannot really compare the two beacuse hydromorphone lasts MUCH shorter than demerol and is a little more euphoric than demerol, in the sense that its a clean and upbeat high like oxy or fentanyl BUT when you DO catch a nod it can be DANGEROUSLY EUPHORIC and really nothing can bother you, however it lasts at most 2hrs and at around 3hrs at most it wears off if it isn't ALMOST over, but by 4hrs it is all gone, while the demerol JUST STARTS going down in effects around 3hrs-4hrs. As well it depends on the type of opioid high you like 1. The upbeat ones like hydromorphone, oxy, fentanyl.....etc, or 2. The sedating ones like codeine, demerol, (morphine and heroin I'VE HEARD!), etc. I personally would much rather have the 300mg of demerol over even 10mg-15mg of hydromorphone. Like I said this is about SNORTING, I cannot comment on oral use/equivanlcy, HOWEVER those opioid chats measure ANALGESIA in equivanlency and that is it. They do not take in account anythinng else BUT analgesia effectivness, and I've heard/know many people who are prescribed hydromorphone say that 3mg time realase or 2mg-4mg regular hydromophone (Dilaudid) taken ORALLY gives them a lot of pain relief and these are pepople who at times when the pain is UNBEARABLE even inject a dose of 1.5mg-3mg hydromorphone, so I believe their idea of pain free (analgesia), and they say eating 3mg time realease hydromophone 1-3 times a day as needed is all they need. I think the resason for I.Ving is b/c they were selling them to me/running out and were in pain due to lack of enough oral hyrodomorphone in their bodies.

Just as a side note I.M. of pretty much all pharms and street drugs like Heroin are VERY dangerous with I.M.....I.V. is much safer aparently, or as safe as it can be injecting powders cut up with anything from wax to statch and to colouring (which latest tests suggest the coloured pills are more toxic compared to white/non coloured pills, or have more side effects, of the same drug like clonazepam for example the 0.5mg are red/pink and the 2mg are white).

Yeah I should have mergered them except I kept getting ideas/remebering stuff, after posting.

Last edited:
That chart conversion meant 300mg meperidine = 7.5 hydromorphone ORAL, which is probably about equal to 1mg IV (if thats what got you so excited).
Oral hydromorphone isn't very strong, its bioavailability is terribly low, unfortunately.

With a 3-4 bag a day tolerance, not knowing the strength of the bags makes it hard, but even the weakest bags are much, much stronger than meperidine. You might be able to feel a little something from 400 meperidine, maybe; but probably not. You will, however, feel something from 200mg promethazine. You will feel like you just took 10-15 benadryl, if you know the delirium that comes from that.

However, if you do take benadryl (diphenhydramine) to potentiate your opiates, you should know that promethazine is a much better potentiator. It actually feels kind of nice, and adds a lot to the nod. I'm very well experienced with this substance (as a potentiator; also twice before when I had the flu and got it, cherished it, and used it to potentiate opiates).

Your best bet would be to use these with your (opiate) drug of chioice. The promethazine will add a lot to the opiate high, making you nod harder and feel amazing. You also get the bonus of a little extra opiateness in your blood (not much, but hey its something). If you're accustomed to using or diphenhyramine, doxylamine, etc to boost your opiates, you'll be amazed by how much stronger/pleasurable promethazine is. I'd recommend 1-2 of those pills along with 3 bags (you said your tolerance was 3-4, so I say stay on the low end to begin you can always add more) - and go from there. 25-50mg promethazine is a perfect starting dose for potentiatingopiates. If thats not enough, add more opiate and/or promethazine (+the meperidine it contains) until you feel like the son of God.

ive had those mixture capsules and one got caught in my throat and i caughed upp dust and almost puked but i was high as hell

drink with em dont dry swallow em like a hardass i made that mistake, i coughed up a few vicodin and powder from a demerol capsule on a few different occasions the powder will make u puke i just kept it in my mouth till my mouth watered and swallowed it if i didnt chew and knew wat shit taste like i woulda puked