• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meperidine (Demerol) .. Worth a shit?

I get to try this strange and elusive opioid tomorrow as well and ive already made the decision to snort it . My first time ever encountering this drug im my small town . but im finding it hard to believe that 20 mg of oxycodone is equivalent to 300 mg of demerol .. is that mean i have to snort 2 50 mg pills to even have some effect ...

LightTrailz said:
I get to try this strange and elusive opioid tomorrow as well and ive already made the decision to snort it . My first time ever encountering this drug im my small town . but im finding it hard to believe that 20 mg of oxycodone is equivalent to 300 mg of demerol .. is that mean i have to snort 2 50 mg pills to even have some effect ...
I promise you that snorting demerol will fucking burn like no other. Pretty fucking stupid to do so when so many people are saying not to.

he should have plugged it.

EVERYTHING should be taken rectally. everything.

I just had a pear..

Sportfisher39 said:
Well he hasn't reported back since 3 am
so it must of knocked his asss out8o

Your starting to really piss me off knockin on all my posts . I never said i was doing it today i simply made a statement about it . and yes i have snorted meth before so im not worried about any burning.

Meperidine to me is not even really recreational. Its just to weak and has way to many negative side effects.

I shot them once and my whole arm was numb for 2 days but i was to scared to go to the hospital finally the feeling came back,i say fuck those things

#Pain Killer Equivalent Doses (Oral)
1.2mg.............Buprenorphine (Bupe)
200mg............Codeine (Tylenol 2, 3, 4, etc)
30-60mg.........Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) (orally it = morphine, IV/IM/insuffilated it's 2x as strong)
100mg............Dihydrocodeine
30mg..............Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lorcet, etc)
7.5mg.............Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
37.5µg............Fentanyl (not sure on this one, anyone know the oral dose equivalence for Fentanyl?)
4mg................Levorphanol (Dromoran)
300mg............Meperidine (Demerol)
10-20mg.........Methadone
30-60mg.........Morphine
20mg..............Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet)
10mg..............Oxymorphone (Numorphan)
200-300mg.....Propoxyphene (Darvocet)
150mg............Tramadol (Ultram, Ultracet)

Thanks for that chart, I've been looking for one lately. But damn, I didn't know meperidine was sooo weak, looks like it's as weak/weaker then propoxyphene. That sucks monkey balls while they're throwing shit at you.

^^ I just have a hard time believing that 150 mg of tramadol is equal to 20 mg of oxycodone. I don't believe 30 mg of hydrocodone is equal to 20 mg of oxycodone either. I think it's the other way around. Maybe I'm wrong.

so how did it go. im sure it sucked with all that promethazine. i guess im just real sensitive to antihistamines. but after 2 of them i got extremely tired and was drowsey the whole next day. if you could separate promethazine from meperidine i think it would be ablot better.

I posted a tread but noone could figure out a good way to do it.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=348104&highlight=meperidine+promethazine

My demerol is in white pills with M on one side and p 35 or somethin on the other ive been lookin left and right but have been finding mixed resources (no this is not a PILL ID either so dont delete my post) not the capsules . if anyone has some other threads on these id like to read them . the other drugs directory doesnt have any information on meperidine/demerol.

That's a little insane, 1.2mg Buprenorphine "oral" = 7.5 hydrocodone?

Are they talking about eating it, really swallowing or are they considering 1.2 SL?

I doubt 1.2 = 7.5 in that case.

OK, I cannot take the time needed to peruse the entire thread so forigve me in advance if soem of my info is repeated and so forth.

Meperidine/Pethedine/Demerol does not contain Promethazine, a decongestant but there ARE formulations as such. Prometh is a great potentiator and on substnces such as codeine and dihydrocodeine wil boost the conversion into morphine.

Meperidine of course does not gain this benefit because, sadly, it is not metabolised (of course) into morphine in any way shape or form.

In fact, it contains a very dangerous metabolite which when concentrated, with repreated use, can kill you ( nor-meperidine).

Prometh does however potentiate it and that is a great boost because the substance is lightweight for expereinced users, heavy for naive users.

A personal note. Some know I have a running Script for 2800 injectable mgs. of straight Demerol every month and have only used 100 mgs. of it in perhaps 8 months, that is how little use it is to an expereinced user/addict.

This is not to discount the danger of the substance aside from the metbaolite, as with any opioid, it can kill as is so use with care.

Good luck.

i took demerol when i had my boob job, and the dr also prescribed valium with it. I didnt feel much, but I was sleeping through most of it anyway. Now, I got a medical card for my methadone program and it states not to take it while on methadone. I know that has nothing to do with this, but thought I would add it anyway

it seems like a descent chart to me but like the benzoo charts, you have to find several charts to get a better idea of equivalent potenty, also, it varies from person to person, their metabolism might react more strongly to eg. Morphine , or not, also oral morphine widely varies in Bio-Availability from what i've read...

IV Pethidine seems to be pretty nice, though it causes much more respiratory depression dosewise compared to other opioids, so I'm shure it's pretty risky to use recreationally, at least when IV'ed. Also, Pethidine is known to interact with much more medication than other opioids except for Tramadol, so don't use it when you're using other meds which are contra-indicated.

Definiatly didnt read the whole post or anything.. but this just caught my eye

phatass said:
When compared with oxycodone, hydromorphone, and placebo, pethidine was consistently associated with more euphoria, difficulty concentrating, confusion, and impaired psychomotor and cognitive performance when administered to healthy volunteers.[12] The especially severe side effects unique to pethidine among opioids — serotonin syndrome, seizures, delirium, dysphoria, tremor — are primarily or entirely due to the action of its metabolite, norpethidine"

what type of healthy volunteers get this stuff administrated to them?

Nicole: Your card says that because of the danger of overdosage , due to the super long half life of methadone. In any event, if you have more than 2 weeks at 70 mg. or more , it is exceedingly rare that you would be able to even feel heroin, let alone a mid-level opioid like Pethidine/Meperidine.