• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meperidine (Demerol) .. Worth a shit?

LightTrailz said:
My demerol is in white pills with M on one side and p 35 or somethin on the other ive been lookin left and right but have been finding mixed resources (no this is not a PILL ID either so dont delete my post) not the capsules . if anyone has some other threads on these id like to read them . the other drugs directory doesnt have any information on meperidine/demerol.

They are 50mg demerol pills. They are the only demerol pills ive seen in canada actually ive never seen any generics.

Demerol can be pretty damn fun inspite of how weak it is mg for mg. Especially if you don't have much of a tolerance but once you get a high tolerance it's really no good to you. Also you can't take it everyday because the normeperidine builds up in your system. 3 days in a row is really as long as you can take it for.

I don't like demerol much on it's own anymore because i can't take enough of it to get a decent buzz without running into nasty anti-cholinergic side effects. If i take it when im already on morphine then i can get a pretty wicked high going. I had a IM shot of 100mg's of demerol not long ago when i was on morphine and i was seing double almost and kept nodding off about a half hour later. So ya it can be pretty damn fun. It also hit's fast even when taken orally.

I didnt take demerol for a long time and hardly ever take it now because ive had a few bad experiences with it. It can make me really irritable on occasion as well as shaky and once when i took it i went into a kind of dysphoric mania. So i pretty much only take it when i have nothing else.

REALLY?That surprises me. The morphine, it was habituated? If so the dosage?

I ran out on a Script on another island here and went into bad W/D about 5 months ago. Went to an ER where one of my bros-in-law is a nurse and had them IM one of my vials (they are the old fashioned glass twists that can explode in your hand) and did not fell sh$%, but was able to make it to a hospital I knew would write me for morphine, without defecating on myself.

The only time I have ever felt it was orally, maybe almost 20 years ago, sadly. have a lifetime supply here, well at least I can hand it out to our Labourers,etc. since pain mes are untouchable for the poor here (no codeine,etc. on market).

wiggi said:
^^ I just have a hard time believing that 150 mg of tramadol is equal to 20 mg of oxycodone. I don't believe 30 mg of hydrocodone is equal to 20 mg of oxycodone either. I think it's the other way around. Maybe I'm wrong.
IME a "Pain Equivalant Chart" is NOT a Euphoria Chart.

And euphoria is a subjective opinion too. While one person finds Hydrocodone more euphoric than Oxycodone, others think it's the other way round. And other people don't like 'm both but are fond of Fentanyl. It's clearly a subjective opinion.

i swallowed 4 50 mg meperidine pills then snorted another one after the affects kicked in. then i got a pretty good high and started to nod. anyone know the bioavailability of oral vs nasal.

also i took the 250mg on saturday night, how many days after that should i wait before doing it again?

brodie said:
So I've got my hands on eight 50mg Meperidine / 25mg Promethazine (Demerol). After doing a little bit of searching ive found a bunch of mixed answers to my questions concerning the drug. Some people say that its great, and compares to opiates like hydromorphone, and oxycodone... others say it isnt worth a damn and they get more unpleasant side effects making it not worth taking in the first place...

I have a bit of an opiate tolerance, I shoot about 3 - 4 bags of heroin daily... but I have no tolerance to demerol, i dont usually get my hands on pharmacuticals.... So I guess my question would be, around how many of these pills should I take orally to get a decent high w/ my tolerance? And can they be prepared for IV?

I got them for pretty cheap, so if they dont turn out to be worth my time, it isnt a huge loss. Any answers to some of my questions would be appreciated though.

:\

So what ever happened to the OP
I hope everything turned out ok for him

I think it is definitely stronger when you snort it. u just take 3 then snort 2 more when the other ones kick in and theirs not much pain.

i like meperidine alot now, feels like a strong opoid, or at least above vicoden and codeine.

I got a script of these after my wisdom teeth were removed. The promethazine in two of these knocked me the fuck out every time.

yeah it would make it better if if you took like 25mg total. but the pills have 25mg of promethazine to 50mg meperidine. so taking 4 would knock your ass out.