• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Calling in your own Prescriptions

Kitchen Kemist

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone has had experience calling in a prescription for something like Vicodin or Xanax. I've heard stories of people doing it using the doctor's DEA number printed on the bottle of medication, or by reading it off a prescription pad. Either way, I am wondering if anyone knows how a prescription phone call goes (i.e. "Hi, this is Dr. ____, I am calling in a prescription for ______, who will be needing a bottle of 60 Vicodin, to be taken 1 tablet 3 times daily. My DEA number is ____." Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I live near a very unsuspecting pharmacy. Thanks for the help. Peace.

you can't call in prescriptions for certain schedules of drugs. I;m sure you can't for schedule 2's.

Yeah, no shit. That's why I was asking about Vicodin and Xanax. You can call in CIII and below. Thanks for your insight.

oh the things that opiates can make a person do.... oh the things people do that make opiates harder to get....
------------------
True Hunting is over, no herds to follow, without game men prey on each other ~ Jane's Addiction

I'm looking for some serious help here with someone who has experience in this area...maybe not directly, but someone who has heard a doctor/nurse call in a script before and knows how the whole thing goes. Thanks.
[EDIT - again I have to babysit you little bitches.. cut out your fucking flames!]
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 13 November 2001).]

I cant be of much help on the process of how to call them in... but i have had an experience of trying to refill a scrip and got my ass in real trouble, luckily the pharmacy did not call the cops, but i am not allowed any prescriptions from that place again. Now i have to go to Wallgreens or K-Mart. Both which obviously look for corruption a little harder. Sorry i cant be of much help...
just be careful
------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain in being a man"
Hunter S. Thompson

WHat do you mean by unsuspecting? If its a shady little store you might get away with it, problem is they will call the doctor back most of the time to confirm it(if its a bigger, more well known place). I called a friend of mine who used to work at a pharmacy in the local Giant food store. He said that with things that might have rec. value, they called back the doctor for conformation.

My girlfriend has prescriptions for Percocet and Fioricet called in from her neurologist to the pharmacy for her migraines quite regularly, so yes, you can get fun drugs that way. AND it's a BIG NATION-WIDE pharmacy at which they're called to! Yee-haw!
But since I don't know any of the doctor to pharmacy dialog, I guess I'm of little help.

Yhis is NOT a good idea. If caught, you are looking at serious felony charges. IMO.

I've done this plenty of times for filling my girlfriends Xanax early. Walgreens has a message machine for this sort of thing....The best way to do this is to go in and try to fill the script early. The pharmacist will usually get the pills ready and then when you come back, he won't give them to you. Tell them you're going on vacation so you NEED to fill it....then he tells you he needs a doc's auth. Leave a message and go back in 20 min, I never had a problem doing this, but I did it for refills, not a straight up prescription.

wow all these replies and not a single answer to the man's question...I hear ya bro...I'd like to know myself, hopefully someone with PERTINENT information will respond. but not likely...
------------------
This is the end of everything, you are the end of everything.

Ok I work as a cashier in a non-chain pharmacy. A lot of the time the doctor usually doesn't call in the prescription and its usually left for the clerks or the nurses at the doctor's office to call it in. I don't know the actual conversation that the pharmacist and the nurse have because I have to hand off the phone to the pharmacist once a doctor's office calls, but if you can find out all the info you need (Dr's name, address, DEA#, etc), don't sound all nervous/sketchy, and don't ask for some ridiculously large ammounts of a Narcotic you should be able to get away with it. If the pharmacist starts ragging on you, just say you're new at the place and weren't trained properly at this aspect of the job. You might be able to get away with this because a lot of Doctor's offices have a pretty bad rate of retension of these clerks. This couldn't be too hard to do because when I've talked to these people on the phone they often seem either to be nearly completely uneducated or an immigrant. Maybe someone could fill you in on the exact procedure that is used. The most I know is from when some of the clerks accidentally start calling in the prescription to me, thinking that I'm the pharmacist. They always start off "Hello I'm calling in a prescription for ___ ___. This is Dr. ____'s office."
Hope I was of some help.

I think we should hear from PhreeX on this issue...
------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals...and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant...earth would become paradise."

I worked at a pharmacy for quite a long time. As a tech, I never got to hear an actual phone conversation between doctor and pharmacist but here are some tips.
-Know all info about Dr.'s office:address, phone #, DEA, ect
-Ask for a moderate dosage and a *reasonable* quantity. For example, asking for 60 vicodens looks suspicious.
-Use real name, not brand name. Example: alprazolam instead of xanax.
-Use medical terminology. Ex: 1 tablet BID
-Be aware that pharmacists often call back to confirm scripts
-Say you're a nurse calling in, as many pharmacists are very familiar with the voices and signitures of area doctors.
-Sound like you've done it a million times before.
-Use your real name and info, as they often ask for ID when picking up schedualed drugs.
-Word of warning: If a pharmacist knows you're a fake, he'll most likely pretend to buy the story and then have a police officer waiting for you when you come in to pick up your script. Fucking with pharmacies=serious consequences if you're caught.
Good luck.
------------------
"I don't take drugs, I am drugs." - Salvador Dali

First off, I am going to start simply locking threads when you faggots do nothing but flame each other.. I had to delete 3 replies and edit a 4th, and if it was up to me I would just ban each person that breaks down and acts like a god damn idiot!
Now to answer the question..
In short - don't do this, it's foolish, you will probably get caught..
In length - most phone-in's are for non-fun stuff, so when a controlled substance is phoned in, this gets a little more attention..
Your first obsticle - caller ID - most pharmacies have them, and if it comes up "blocked" or some residential name, this sends up a red flag.. remember, the pharmacist knows more then you think, and I can GARE-OHN-TEE that he knows what SHOULD come up on the caller-ID for a certin doctors office... hell, a pharmacist can *glace* at the handwriting on a script and tell if it's legit...
Second obsticle - while receptionists may change jobs a lot, the doctors nurse (who is usually the one to call in the script) will most likely be known by the pharmacy staff.. every doctors office I frequent has had the same staff for some time..
Third obsticle - do you have any idea what the fuck you should even SAY on the phone? No, you probably don't... you have to cover everything without being prompted... as for using the abbreviations (BID, PO, q4h, etc..) phone-in's are usually done with a combo of plain english and the abbreviations - for instance, say you were calling in a script for Xanax - it might sound something like this...
"Yes, this is PhreeX calling from Doctor Scams office with a phone in for Ms. Ima Dopefiend (they will ask for some info such as patients address, etc..) thats Xanax 1mg, number 60, sig one tab P.O. B-day as needed anxeity, no refills"
They really never bother to ask for the DEA number as it's on file - this is something thats NOT offered (so you wouldn't say it)..
As someone said, C-II drugs can't be phoned in.. well, *technically* they can but this is for emergencies only, and a written script must follow within 48 hours.. while thats how the law is written, most pharmacies (read: ALL) wouldn't even hear of a phone-in C-II script unless they personally know the person on the phone, the patient, and it's something they have been on for awhile - chances are the pharmacist would insist on calling back and talking directly to the doctor to confirm it too.. btw they would call the number they have on file, not the number of the pay phone you gave them where your friend Seth is waiting.. durring the 6 months I worked as a pharmacy tech, we had *ONE* phone-in for some OxyIR - the patient was a well-known woman with cancer that came in several times a month for C-II shit, the pharmacist personally knew the doctor, yet still called back...
There are other drugs that, while they might not be C-II, the pharmacist is going to take extra steps to ensure it's legit - if he isn't positive of the voice on the other end - again, they call back..
Vicodin would almost definitly equal a call-back unless the pharmaicst knew the person calling in... even then ..
Benzos are fairly common call-in items, narcotics are not..
In short - don't do it, because you're more likely to fuck up and get caught, in turn, we get more laws passed restricting these things...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

Well, my dear old Dad happens to be a dentist who is on call on weekends and does a lot of calling in of prescriptions for pain meds such as lortab, lorcet & lorcet+ and percocet, but as Phreex was saying, he does know all these pharmacists personally so they know his voice and has all his shit down to a T, says is it all real fast, b/c he has done it a zillion times. I've never reall has much an occasion to listen really hard as I'm not a real pain med fan. He'll say this is Dr.___ calling in a prescription for _____. DEA#______(insert drug name, dosage here) dispense (#of pills). Here my recall is a little bad, something like "Q sig 6", probably like the "bid" or "tid" would be on a written prescription. Then he says P.R.N pain and it's pretty much over. Hope this may have been some help, and be careful out there, getting busted w/a felony charge is no fun!

Trust me on this one... I have worked as a pharmacy tech, I have worked full time as a dope fiend, and I have tried, succeeded and failed at phoning in bullshit scripts.. it's a foolish way to get drugs...
Believe it or not, there is a VERY, VERY easy way to cop yourself decent C-III narcotics, it doesn't involve the risk phone-in's do...
This, along with other scams will be outlined in TAOS v2.0 ($4.50 + $2 s/h per printed copy, electronic copies $3.50)
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

About 10 years ago I worked as a store manager for a large grocer in the area. At least a couple of times a month we would have a phony call-in or a forged script at the pharmacy. The pharmacist would have me call in the police and they would send in a plain clothes guy to make the arrest after purchase. Well, after seeing this a few times, I realized that if someone came in with a forged script on my shift as mgr that I would always be the one to make the call to the police. Now, If I new these people by chance they would always be lucky to be warned ahead of time to get out of the store. Sometimes, even if I didn't know them, I would try and catch them away from the pharmacy area in the store isles and tell them it was best to leave. Unforutantely, most of the time they would just sit in the pharmacist area and wait for their script and I would not be able to warn them with the pharmacist looking on.
Bottomline: Unless you have someone on the inside this is a very stupid thing to do.

TAOS v2.0 isn't ready yet, but will be in various "underground" book stores shortly...
STP1993 is my co-editor of this one .. just thought I would give him an honorable mention since I have been taking all the credit forthis one..
------------------