• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

these do sound similar to phenabarbital a barbituate as one may guess, if they r the same i'd certainly avoid they will compound any anxieties n stresses n fears one may have, at first they'll be god sent then the hellish reversal as is the case wit benzo's. Safe

Im confused...what is Citalopram (Celexa) similar in name to or what does it have to do with barbs or benzos? Just that it has w/d syndrome after prolonged use w/o tapering?

Ordered some phenibut of the net last night. Looking forward to sampling it for recreation but mostly want the nootropic effects and a bit of a sleep aid for tough current times.

Will report back after I have tried it :)

these do sound similar to phenabarbital a barbituate as one may guess, if they r the same i'd certainly avoid they will compound any anxieties n stresses n fears one may have, at first they'll be god sent then the hellish reversal as is the case wit benzo's. Safe
Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist. The withdrawals are three days long, and a few extra days of feeling crap. They probably aren't on a par with benzo withdrawals, but they are still hell.

Ordered some phenibut of the net last night. Looking forward to sampling it for recreation but mostly want the nootropic effects and a bit of a sleep aid for tough current times.

Will report back after I have tried it :)
It's crap for recreation. You might find it pleasant with booze and/or benzos. The sleep is amazing, but it's a shit drug for getting high. It doesn't happen.

Fair play. Seen a few reports of feeling a bit relaxed / trippy / downright weird so I did wonder hah.

Still sounds like it could be a useful tool during times of essay / exam stress.

It's crap for recreation. You might find it pleasant with booze and/or benzos. The sleep is amazing, but it's a shit drug for getting high. It doesn't happen.

Just out of interest, what kind of dose would you take for the purposes of sleep? More or less than if you were taking it for the anti-anxiety properties?

I ask because i sometimes suffer from insomnia and i have a big jar of Phenibut i bought myself a few years ago for recreational use and found useless. When i tried to take it to get an enjoyable effect i just found that i got very little until i took too much then felt sick.

It may just be that phenibut doesn't agree with me but it might be worth me trying it at a different dose just for sleep.

Just out of interest, what kind of dose would you take for the purposes of sleep? More or less than if you were taking it for the anti-anxiety properties?

I usually take it in 600mg doses and even after a few months of use, I still find that's enough to help me drop off as well as simply relax.

I've seen really inconsistant dosage reccomendations, should I aim for about 800mg?
:\

Try it, and see. Up the dose if you need to. Remember, it takes two hours to kick in.

Cheers treac, :)

Will be picking it up from ye' olde post office today. Will update after uptake!

EDIT: Arrrgh, Royal Failed again. Was suppost to have been at my local post office TODAY from the depot. Not a trace :(

Last edited:
Phenibut makes me feel great. I take about 1.5g - 2g in the morning and have a really productive day followed by a blissful sleep. I do that twice a week.

hello i've been taking phenibut on and off for almost a year.unfortunately i've developed a dependency on it and am trying to get off of it but the withdrawal is agonizing.i just purchased some ghb and stopped taking the phenibut.i stopped taking phenibut for about 4 or 5 days while taking the ghb.when my ghb ran out i felt a horrible withdrawal from i think the phenibut cause i recognize it from before when i tried to quit.my question is if i purchase more ghb can i use it therapeutically to treat the WDs from phenibut.will i develop a dependency for ghb if i take 4 caps a day for as long as it takes to get all the phenibut out,perhaps 2 weeks?

You are replacing phenibut with GHB. You will not escape the withdrawal at all by doing this, as they both act on GABA-B receptors. You will need to use the GHB 24/7 to stop yourself from withdrawing. By all means, use GHB for a bit, as it doesn't seem to downregulate receptors as fast, but you need to taper your phenibut dosage about 5-10% a day (after the G is done). It won't be pleasant, but it will be much better than stopping cold turkey. I've had to do this, and three or four days in I was only getting an hour's sleep, at night. The days after were much better. The tapering will take the edge off, but it will still be shit. Alcohol, codeine and benzos all boost the effects of phenibut, so try and use these to assist.

can i use it therapeutically to treat the WDs from phenibut.will i develop a dependency for ghb if i take 4 caps a day for as long as it takes to get all the phenibut out,perhaps 2 weeks?

I've come accross people who say they've done this before (albeit with GBL rather than straightforward GHB). From what I gather, it will ease the withdrawals, but as the withdrawals from Phenibut can be quite long and drawn out, you nee to be seriously careful about developing a dependency on the GHB and then finding yourself in a viscious circle.

Last edited:
^Which will happen. You get sick of the G and want some real sleep, then you get sick of the phenibut withdrawals, and want some euphoria instead, and then you get sick of..... you see what I mean? I did that. It's not pleasant at all. I'd say I was very unwell for a good few weeks. Taper off phenibut. I split my use into four doses every 24 hours, because it was wearing off so fast. Then I cut each dose by 100mg per day. It felt like the doses were doing fuck all, but I think they just about kept me sane, and I was very fucking borderline. That first night where you pass out from natural exhaustion and the withdrawal is over, is the best. Phenibut may be legal, but it will fuck you over much worse than GBL/GHB ever will. Feel free to PM me, if you need advice.

Hello. Just got some powder today. Questions:

1) Is phenibut withdrawal masked by benzodiazepines?
2) Does phenibut reduce the need for benzodiazepines in anxious people?
3) Why are there a few reddish/brownish booger-sized clusters among the white powder?

Thanks

EdiT: What in the fuck did I eat?

Last edited:
Hello. Just got some powder today. Questions:

1) Is phenibut withdrawal masked by benzodiazepines?
2) Does phenibut reduce the need for benzodiazepines in anxious people?
3) Why are there a few reddish/brownish booger-sized clusters among the white powder?

Thanks

EdiT: What in the fuck did I eat?
1) No. Hardly at all.
2) Yes, it can reduce the need, but not fully.
3) I have no idea. I've never seen that.