• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

Well. It tastes like the most dirtiest shite. Then again, most drugs do.

Treacle said:
Well. It tastes like the most dirtiest shite. Then again, most drugs do.

I also found phenibut to be just about the worst taste i have ever tasted. A kind of overpowering combination of metalic sweetness and bitterness all at once.

I know some people that claim to not quite 'like' it, but didn't dislike it and chose to taste it again after tasting it the once. Weird

Well, I wasn't expecting this effect, at all. Extremely weird, is one way of putting it. I'll add more, later.

Hmm let us know Treacle, got some money coming in on Friday! =D

Right. I took about 1/2 a heaped teaspoon, at about 5:30pm. This was probably about 1.5 to 2 grammes (whatever it was, it was too much). Nothing happened for a couple of hours, then I started to feel a bit dizzy. It got a bit worse, then I got classic symptoms of a panic attack (racing heart, confusion, feeling like shit). I took some propranolol, and sat and watched TV. About an hour later, the panic had gone, I was starving, and I felt very alert, yet also calm. By 11:30pm, I was falling asleep. Today, I feel pretty good. After the initial effect wore off, I really enjoyed it. I didn't find it at all similar to GBL or benzos. I honestly did wonder if they had sent me the wrong chemical. I shall be trying a small dose, later.

Container Size: 100g
Servings Per Container: 333

Amount Per Serving:
Phenibut (B-Phenyl-Y-Aminobutryic Acid): 300mg

Directions For Use:
As a dietary supplement take 1-2 servings 2-4 times per day. For use as a sleep aid, consume 206 servings before bed. Start at the lower dose to assess tolerance.

Are they really telling you to take 60g before bedtime? Am I missing something?

Asking for trouble using Phenibut to come of a GBL habbit.Ive been addicted to Phenibut since Novemeber last year when i used it to come off a major GBL addiction.Phenibut will not only help but totally abort GBL withdrawals in large enough doses.But then Phenibut down regulates the GABA-B receptors at an alarming speed and quickly leads to a withdrawal of its own.Severe insomnia and debilitating anxiety swaets ect pretty much the same as GBL withdrawal maybe a little lesss intense but much longer lasting.
Ive never managed to get enough Benzo's to get me off of Phenibut so ive been swiching Pheni & GBL for monts now with the odd week of withdrawal here and there but never enough time to get even near to recovering from the Phini.
Honestly at least with GBL withdrawal its over quite quickly three days at worst but Phenibut withdrawals are infinate.

Some other thing i might as well add while im here is that you soon get tolerant to Phenibut's effects so doses dont last as long.I started off just using 1.5 grams every 24 hours now i take 3x3 gram doses in 24 hours and i used massive doses 10 grams and upwards when coming off GBL.I also noticed that after a while Phenibut causes pain in my Kidneys.This is the main reason ive switched to GBL for a wekk or so here and there just to take my tolerance back down and to give my Kidneys a rest.
Imo it seems as if Phenibut and GBL work in the same way only at oppasite ends when it comes to half life.Both drugs can easily switched for the other which leads me to believe that Pheni effects dopamine in much the same way that GBL does.So once withdrawals kick in you get a massive surge of dopamine,noradrenaline etc.that coupled with down regulation of the GABA-B receptors also makes me think that withdrawal could be dangerous and lead to siezures.
I read about Baclofen withdrawal/underdose causing some serious problems for people including some very bad psycotic symptoms so i guess Phenibut could also cuase the same symptioms as its almost the same compound as Baclofen.
All in all im in a right mess havn't had any Phenibut since 8th of May but been on GBL for the last 12 days so im about to enter a double withdrawal.I have 70 5mg Diazepam with another 56 to collect even then it will only get me so far.I also have loads of Mitazapine to aid in sleep.Im in for a hellish ride thats for sure:\

StoneHappyMonday said:
Are they really telling you to take 60g before bedtime? Am I missing something?

I assume its meant to say 2-6? Could be a very dangerous mistype!

For anybody unable to obtain Benzos for GBL withdrawal, I can advovate Baclofen. It's prescription-only GABA-B agonist so is legal to import, cheap too.

For me it was very effective at combatting GBL withdrawal symptoms after two weeks of 24/7 use; combined with a little diazepam it was as if I hadn't had GBL at all and was very pleasant.

None of the usual GBL WD symptoms; sleep was easy and restful on the first night.

I've heard Baclofen in high doses can be euphoric but it also causes downregulation VERY quickly so if using it for GBL withdrawal I'd only use it for a few days then taper.

Well, I will certainly take note. Yesterday, I only had two doses at about 500mg each, with a few cans, and I had the most restful 12 hour sleep imaginable. I only woke up because the phone rang. Time for a good few days off, now. I don't really find it that recreational (which is a good thing), but it does give a nice effect, when mixed with a few beers.

The Shaker said:
Asking for trouble using Phenibut to come of a GBL habbit.Ive been addicted to Phenibut since Novemeber last year when i used it to come off a major GBL addiction.Phenibut will not only help but totally abort GBL withdrawals in large enough doses.But then Phenibut down regulates the GABA-B receptors at an alarming speed and quickly leads to a withdrawal of its own.Severe insomnia and debilitating anxiety swaets ect pretty much the same as GBL withdrawal maybe a little lesss intense but much longer lasting.
Ive never managed to get enough Benzo's to get me off of Phenibut so ive been swiching Pheni & GBL for monts now with the odd week of withdrawal here and there but never enough time to get even near to recovering from the Phini.
Honestly at least with GBL withdrawal its over quite quickly three days at worst but Phenibut withdrawals are infinate.
I've been doing a lot of reading about phenibut, and I realise that a hell of a lot of people have been getting withdrawal symptoms. As I have said previously, using GBL for even 24 hours results in a small amount of withdrawal, for me. I'm hoping that just two days use isn't going to leave me in a similar state. I have only had what I have listed in this thread, and I have had none today. I do feel a bit sweaty, and anxious (I do have anxiety, so it could be that).

Yes mate just a heads up realy,you gotta be pretty carefull with Phenibut if like me you have an addicive personality.And especially if youv'e had problems with GBL.just be carefull mate because Phenibut withdrawas suck big time.

Well, I had a day off on friday, and had 1 gramme yesterday, and 2 grammes this morning, which actually made me fall asleep. I'm laying off it now, because I feel sweaty and a bit shite, to be fair. I don't know whether I've already done enough to induce withdrawals. What do you reckon?

Treacle said:
Well, I had a day off on friday, and had 1 gramme yesterday, and 2 grammes this morning, which actually made me fall asleep. I'm laying off it now, because I feel sweaty and a bit shite, to be fair. I don't know whether I've already done enough to induce withdrawals. What do you reckon?

Don't push it. Given your problems with gbl and alcohol, i would guess that you might be suseptable to things like this, and phenibut is similar enough to the two to be worried.

I know. I'm going to stay off it as long as I can. I can't help thinking that I'm not going to sleep tonight. I feel quite wired, like a G rebound.

How is the old ketamine withdrawl?

I had a mate (well I say mate, he was a bit of a twat that I couldn't seem to get out of my life, nowt to do with ketamine use he was just a twat anyway hehe) who got busted whilst on excessive ammounts of ket every day, be he never mentioned withdrawls.

Good luck and godspeed though! I am quite glad that ketamine is reasonably difficult for me to acquire or I'd doubtless become addicted to it myself, the stuff is too fun for my liking.

In general, but your experiences would surely be as useful as those of anyone else! :)

I was wishing the luck in your direction though!