• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone + alcohol (last night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ancientlight

Greenlighter
Ok. So, I'm drinking with people at college. I've had perhaps 8 drinks, and me and a friend decide to snort 1 pill each (he says it was 2each), at 5mg each. I'm now drinking a potent mix of jager and red bull from a pint glass. I am forced to skull this maybe 10 minutes later (drinking games...). After this, I have a smoke on the balcony. From this point on, I REMEMBER NOTHING. Nothing, at all. This was maybe at 10pm that I black out. Earlier tonight, I learn part of what happened afterwards. We snorted more, like another 10mg each. I'm not sure if i was still drinking after I skulled that pint of jagerbomb - but I probably was already at about 12 drinks perhaps. So - I was apparently WASTED. I mean really fucked up. Apparently I eventually ended up like a zombie (like, i looked deathly?), and I didnt respond to much - my eyes just staring past everything into oblivion. I woke up this morning Very hungover, and I am still hungover (it is now midnight the next night). Oxycodone is not to be mixed with alcohol - I would have assumed this, but never intended to take more than that first one. Obviously it's effects were alot greater than I imagined and I ended up taking an amount, combined with all the alcohol, that (apparently) could have killed me.
Have I done any permanent damage or anything? How close to overdose do you think I was?
NEVER MIX ANALGESICS WITH ALCOHOL

Last edited:
It sounds like you drank too much. That doesn't sound like anything 20mg of Oxycodone would do, even to an Opiate naive user.

I know how alcohol effects me at what doses. I've never achieved a level of intoxication close to this before with the amount that I drank. The reports I've heard of what I was like were scary.

Be careful. As you may know, most opiate ODs are due to a combination of depressants. 20mgs of OC with alcohol isn't like 20mg's of just OC. I'd recommend you don't mix depressants, unless you're very experienced.

do the oxycodone before drinking - less respiratory depression this way.

ellua said:
do the oxycodone before drinking - less respiratory depression this way.
That would only work if you drink after the oxycodone effects starts declining. Otherwise it really wouldn't matter. Or am I missing something?

phrozen said:
That would only work if you drink after the oxycodone effects starts declining. Otherwise it really wouldn't matter. Or am I missing something?

Also, I think ellua is forgetting that blood alcohol levels do not rise in 'real time'. Therefore, a person could go to sleep in a drowsy state and subsequently move into a comatose state when blood alcohol increases (especially dangerous when drinking shots of hard liquor).

Only an idiot would mix opiates and alcohol.

Opiates + alcohol = puking, black out, and/or death.

Tsukasa said:

This sounds like a response from someone who knows very little. In the right combination this can be quite enjoyable. I'm not saying it's a 'good' idea, but then again, I'm not sure what drug use is a 'good' idea.

I have had some incredibly euphoric experiences while being drunk and opiates. There's a synergy between the two that is awesome. That being said, this combo has also resulted in some of the most severe hangovers I've ever had. Far worse than alcohol alone. You're liver is working overtime and I'm not positive but I think opiates help to further dehydrate you as well.

Mixing depressants is not safe, I'm not saying it is, but there are two sides to every coin. More fun often means more risk, you have to judge the risk/benefit for yourself. Let's try to stay objective.

^ I know damn well what i'm saying. Don't call me stupid.

For me alcohol + any opiate just sucks balls. Ruins the opiate high completely, and their is no positive synergy whatsoever. Alcohol ruins everything, and it is in my opinion the worst drug alongside tobacco. It's also very risky and bad on your liver. Often times results in puking for many people.

andyman1109 said:
I have had some incredibly euphoric experiences while being drunk and opiates. There's a synergy between the two that is awesome.

far as i know there is no synergy between alcohol and opiates (correct me if i'm wrong...?)

Tsukasa said:
^ I know damn well what i'm saying. Don't call me stupid.

For me alcohol + any opiate just sucks balls. Ruins the opiate high completely, and their is no positive synergy whatsoever. Alcohol ruins everything, and it is in my opinion the worst drug alongside tobacco. It's also very risky and bad on your liver. Often times results in puking for many people.
Try to think about the fact that everyone reacts differently to drugs before making people idiots if they use something that doesn't work for you. I have the exact same opinion about alcohol, I dislike its taste, effects, after-effects, everything, but I know people that do opiates with alcohol and like it a lot w/o even the slightest nausea. I actually have a friend who drank a bit too much in one night and decided to shoot some heroin, got scared she OD'd (she didn't actually OD) and had to stick two fingers down her throat to induce vomiting because of no nausea.

Since when did this thread turn into a debate about whether alcohol + opiates is enjoyable? It's all subjective.

I wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 drinks with opiates, if that. No wonder you were fucked up...

Bavanai said:
Try to think about the fact that everyone reacts differently to drugs before making people idiots if they use something that doesn't work for you. I have the exact same opinion about alcohol, I dislike its taste, effects, after-effects, everything, but I know people that do opiates with alcohol and like it a lot w/o even the slightest nausea. I actually have a friend who drank a bit too much in one night and decided to shoot some heroin, got scared she OD'd (she didn't actually OD) and had to stick two fingers down her throat to induce vomiting because of no nausea.

Did I say that mixing the two results in nausea for everyone? no. It can cause nausea, but it also can ruin the effects in many other ways. I already mentioned it's dangerous too, and countless people have died from combining opiates and other drugs with alcohol, and even alcohol alone.

Tsukasa said:
Did I say that mixing the two results in nausea for everyone?
Yes.
Tsukasa said:

Here you made everyone that use/d this combination an idiot and said it gives nausea without specifying that it causes nausea for YOU or SOME people.
I already mentioned it's dangerous too, and countless people have died from combining opiates and other drugs with alcohol, and even alcohol alone.
No shit, we're talking about drugs here, ofc they can kill. You take too much of any drug and you can die.

Tsukasa said:

Yeah. I knew that mixing downers would be dangerous. However, I only intended to take that first one, but 15 or so mins later i blacked out and lost control, as well as my normal mind.

Does anyone know how much oxycodone (for someone with no tolerance) it could take mixed with alcohol to OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.