• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone + alcohol (last night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious to the op , do u think your freind may have been wrong and accidentally gave u a benzo and not an OC coz that would definately let u black out if u were drinking.

I find it foolish to mix heaven(oxy) with a half ass buzz like alcohol. Perhaps 1-3 drinks, but you may just have more fun cancelling out thealcohol, and upping the oxy dose. You will also feel better the next day. You can do this for up to two weeks, then you will be sucked in by addiction. But for me, minor w/d is crushing a hangover.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG.

OPIATES + ALCOHOL = LSD

you are all teh stupid.

Does anyone know how much oxycodone (for someone with no tolerance) it could take mixed with alcohol to OD?

On a much more serious note, there is no way to say for certain. You take a considerable risk anytime you try it, but there is no possible way we could suggest how much it would take.

I have heard a lot about not mixing alcohol and oxycodone. I find that the best way to do it is to take the pill(s) first and after your feeling the effects, then start drinking a beer. I find that after 10-15mg of Oxycodone, even one beer feels like ten and I don;t need much more than that to feel the perfect combination. Lot's of my friends will start to get sick and sometimes throw up. STart drinking slowly, and try to avoid shots as you don;t know how it will turn out. Liver damage is a given, but if you don;t do this often it shouldn't be a problem. It's different for everyone so always start slow, no reason to hurt yourself for one lowsy fix.

Pretty common knowledge,after using awhile, that drinking and heavy opiates/barbs can be dangerous,especially for your first few years of using. Depends if you have a major alcohol tolorence too.
Although early on I always loved to take some perks and drink 40oz's ,but then with the heavier stuff,I pretty much quite drinking(couple time a year) for 15 years or more.

The other night i took 20mg hydro 10mg oxy and started drinking a beer or two. Ive have a low tolerance for opiates and never puked from them but drinking one been with it made me puke. Not sure why.. I still felt great after i puked tho =D lol

i would blame the 12 drinks you had more than the 20mg of oxy (relatively low dose) but its never healthy to mix two CNS depressants together

Advice for future:

Replace the Oxy with WEED. Weed + alcohol = bliss

Replace the alcohol with WEED. Oxy + Weed = bliss

enjoy. :D

wow...you think you got so fucked up cuz you snorted like 20 mgs. of percocet. (who does that) which doesn't do much of anything, when really all it was was you drinking to much alcohol...use common sense

That was definately the alcohol. I used to snort 20mg of oxy have a few drinks and then snort 20 more mg later that night and i would be perfect. Never hung over. Try not drinking so much next time. When i say a few drinks i mean 3-6 depending on your tolerance. Dont have 12 drinks. Also it could have been a lot of other things. Maybe you were already tired before you started drinking or you did all this on a fairly empty stomach. Strength of drinks...those are all variables that come into play.

for god sake i'm sick of reading posts where the op posts a question and some people are just replying with- you're an idiot if you've done that. For a start the op has acknowledged he did something dangerous. And just telling someone you think what they did was stupid without answering the question or even just giving some information to explain your reasoning is entirely counter productive. People make mistakes and if you think someone is making reckless decisions then putting them off from posting if they put themselves in a dangerous position again is negligent. I'm not calling the op stupid but if you are one of the people who does think this then surely these 'stupid' people are the ones that need to most guidance and encouragement to ask harm reduction questions. And, backing up your judgements properly is the best way of convincing someone to be more careful.

Has anyone thought to ask if he even means Oxycontin when he says "oxycodone"? If he was snorting Percocet (or the generic equivalent), he probably had a lot of APAP in his system. That can't be good when your liver is already working on breaking down alcohol. I don't know who would snort a Percocet, but he doesn't really sound like a regular user.

Status
Not open for further replies.