• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone + alcohol (last night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GenericMind said:
It sounds like you drank too much. That doesn't sound like anything 20mg of Oxycodone would do, even to an Opiate naive user.
True, doesn't sound like it was the mix that fucked you over it was how much you drank, I love doing opiates and drinking, but if I'm gonna do that, I do the opiates first then slowly start drinking that way I don't get sick.

Tbird921 said:
You are WRONG.

Shut up with your ignorance. It's all subjective. Most people think it has no synergy, but a few people do. Doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong. Theirs no scientific evidence of any of this.

Tsukasa said:
Shut up with your ignorance. It's all subjective. Most people think it has no synergy, but a few people do. Doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong. Theirs no scientific evidence of any of this.

They need to shut up with their ignorance? Sounds like you're the moron who's ignorant. You even said it's subjective! MOST people in my experience think it has synergy. Don't call the kettle black.

Lol, for real. You are the one making brash generalizations about those who mix opiates and alcohol. It's fine that you don't like it, but try to remember that everyone is different.

Bavanai said:
Yes.

Here you made everyone that use/d this combination an idiot and said it gives nausea without specifying that it causes nausea for YOU or SOME people.

No shit, we're talking about drugs here, ofc they can kill. You take too much of any drug and you can die.
Well, when i said that it results in that, i was SPEAKING IN GENERALITIES! Take the OP for example. Don't tell me that it doesn't often result in puking.

This argument sounds pretty stupid so lets just drop it and stay on topic please?

synergy isn't subjective, it's science; for example, cocaine + alcohol = cocaethylene. that's synergy. opiates + alchol = seemingly strong(er) effects, but they don't make a new chemical.

mewmew2 said:
They need to shut up with their ignorance? Sounds like you're the moron who's ignorant. You even said it's subjective! MOST people in my experience think it has synergy. Don't call the kettle black.

Yea Yea, i'm a moron. most people in your experience you say? You could have made that up or you barely have any friends.

Tsukasa said:
Yea Yea, i'm a moron. most people in your experience you say? You could have made that up or you barely have any friends.

genius friends.

ellua said:
synergy isn't subjective, it's science; for example, cocaine + alcohol = cocaethylene. that's synergy. opiates + alchol = seemingly strong(er) effects, but they don't make a new chemical.

I don't think it has anything to do with creating a new chemical. Science has proven that cannabinoids synergize with opiates, but it doesn't create a new chemical. I would still call it synergy, because of how well they go together. One canceling out the negative effects of the other and also increasing the positive
ones.

But you people that are encouraging the use of opiates + alcohol must realize that this is a HARM REDUCTION FORUM. Science has proven that it's dangerous to combine them at any time. Their have been so many deaths from combining the two.

Tsukasa said:

Wow, good call, I have no friends. I'm amazed you established that from a single post. I would argue that a GREAT deal of people (lets say above 50%) feel synergy (which of course is subjective, sometimes not, but usually). Why would I make this up?

I don't know if you've read much into BLs policies, but it's all about harm reduction so I am in agreement with not mixing, but you're still very wrong and you can't admit it. Have some humility, admit you are wrong. You are welcome to be a jerk with no humility, but stop providing incorrect information. Personal insults don't bother me much though, providing your correct.

mewmew2 said:
Wow, good call, I have no friends. I'm amazed you established that from a single post. I would argue that a GREAT deal of people (lets say above 50%) feel synergy (which of course is subjective, sometimes not, but usually). Why would I make this up?

I don't know if you've read much into BLs policies, but it's all about harm reduction so I am in agreement with not mixing, but you're still very wrong and you can't admit it. Have some humility, admit you are wrong. You are welcome to be a jerk with no humility, but stop providing incorrect information. Personal insults don't bother me much though, providing your correct.

You would argue that? well do you have any proof or atleast evidence of this?
I think you could be making it up, because you're not showing any.

Tsukasa said:
You would argue that? well do you have any proof or atleast evidence of this?
I think you could be making it up, because you're not showing any.

Are we speaking of the overall subject? I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to. Please clarify for me, this is not sarcasm or me being a prick, I really don't know what you want me to argue.

"I would argue that a GREAT deal of people (lets say above 50% feel synergy (which of course is subjective, sometimes not, but usually). Why would I make this up? " - you

Tsukasa said:
"I would argue that a GREAT deal of people (lets say above 50% feel synergy (which of course is subjective, sometimes not, but usually). Why would I make this up? " - you

This is from mostly anecdotal experiences (even though I know you think I have no friends, I trust the friends you say I don't have to give me accurate accounts), yours may differ. But, also I encourage you to view threads about the subject. I think if you view opinions from many BLers, you will find that combinations of substances are preferable. I know there will be people who disagree with me, but my main point is that the majority think that a single experience can be heightened with the use of other substances.

I just found this blog so I'm coming in here a little late. However, I have to take Oxycontin and Percocet due to multiple surgeries on different parts of my body. Before being on these medications I was a social drinker. I will tell you this........Alcohol and Pain Killers do not mix no matter who you are!

Getting high off of prescription pain meds is stupid. Combined with alcohol it will slow you heart rate and breathing as well as injure your liver. If you have the alcohol then why can't you just drink that alone? Most on here seem to be younger people experimenting. Do some research before you do permanent harm to yourself.

I have never liked drinking in the first place but been addicted to opiates for going on a year or so. But I have seen quite a few people who drink on top of opiates or some type of benzo and end up blacking out or having there heart rate slow down. Opiates depress your respiratory enough. Be careful when you do that type of shit you might end up not waking up. I had a friend overdosed on oxy's and drinking alcohol and he passed out and died from choking on his own vomit. If you want an opiate high just do an opiate. Don't drink on top of it. If anything just smoke some weed on top of it. Careful next time man.

People like you two make Bluelight unenjoyable.
This is a site for people to gain information and reduce harm.
If someone offends you, LET IT FUCKING GO.
It's the god damn internet, what is fighting with words going to do?

Half of your posts added NOTHING to this thread.

To the OP: I don't think you were anywhere near overdose. I really think you just had a bit too much to drink. Next time, just use the OC or the alcohol. Try not to mix the two until you are more experienced with opiates, or just stay away from them. I definitely know where you are coming from, as I am in college and did a bit of drinking in my time. It all seems like such a good idea at the time- then you end up hugging the toilet and regretting the last 4 hours.. or you wake up not knowing what the fuck happened. Remember, all is good in moderation. =]

small dose of oxy with no tolerance and 1-2 shots is AMAZING, it must be subjective, because small amounts of alc with oxy is MUCH better for ME than oxy alone.

It sounds like you drank too much. That doesn't sound like anything 20mg of Oxycodone would do, even to an Opiate naive user.

i agree. whenever i drink straight up alcohol with a chaser or hunch punch of some sort at a party, i always end up really fucked up and dont recollect much at all. ive ended up on sidewalks passed out for 2 hours and shit. and not even remembering who got me that far, or who walked me up to my dorm room.

Status
Not open for further replies.