sat 15 march

with disk jockeys in skimpy speedos

Spiz
Pete Oasis
Suntribe
Darkpsyde

+ spesh international guests

action starts 3 pm till 1 am

permit approved free beach party !!!!!!!!

venue details go to www.earthcore.com.au and register on the forum

spectacular outdoor location !!!!!!!!!

come one come all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What beach is this on? I'm assuming somewhere in Melbourne obvs.

I will be there, and so will ilikeacid, becoming one with the sand ;) If anyone recognises us come say hello.. Going to be one hell of a hot day also, i hear! We went there last weekend, it's a beautiful beach.

see you all there !!!!!!!!

venue details up shortly via the earthcore forum

^^^

lol i was there!

Ok...im very mixed about this day...

Had a great time catching up wth people. Pete remember that banana offer ;)

Awesome location and amazing beach. Crowd was very well behaved. They were a bit lax about their litter which was not good to see. We took two garbage bags full home with us. There was slightly too many kids there that im use to seeing and seeing girls all babrie dolled up in heels and pencil waist skirts arriving just as we were leaving left me thinking about the crowd control in general.

What i have to say is this...

To the dickheads who were raving in the carpark in broad daylight before the party really kicked off AND around family beach goers who werent there with us...you guys are losers. Hassling families and complaining when people asked you to tone the music own. Be a bit more subtle withy our daily intentions. Would you do that in your own street? Sure tis broad day light...but you give other party goers a bad name by doing that.

I (and im sure everyone who there) is totally confused as to why it got shut down. But im assuming the only reason something like that gets shut down is one of these:

1: no liquor licence to sell alcohol (?)
2: noise complaints continuoslly
3: no permit... (?) which you said you had but the cops that were there were saying you dont.

I dont particularly care, but when you throw things like this...on a public family beach with a karate tournament going on at the same time and also loads of families on the other end (and it wasnt a long beach) you need to think.

If you want people to enjoy themselves you do it all with the right approvals. So you can do it again.

Oh and watching the cops take footage of it was NOT on my list of things I like to see. They looked like they were towing the generator away when we left...

All the people who were NOT right to drive home and did because of the earlly closure i hope got home safely. Staying on the beach with NO light or music would of been shit.

Maybe you could shed some light on it...

Last edited:
*starfalls69* said:
If you want people to enjoy themselves you do it all with the right approvals. So you can do it again.

Exactly. It's people who put parties on like this without going about it the right way who fuck it up for everyone else. From the sounds of the police's reaction they will be possibly banning future beach parties now. They took footage??? It only takes one fuck up. It's not like the doof scene isn't having enough battles to hold the rights to put on out door events as it is without shit like this. I hope they cleaned up the site properly.

I am glad i didn't go. What time did it get shut down?

Fantastic day had by all.

thanks for the great turn out and amazing vibe.

the beach was left absolutely spotless by this morning. (thanks to those who stuck around and helped out).

see you all at the next one being our 5th beach party and 99th outdoor event we have hosted over the last 15 years

apologies for the event ending a few hours earlier however there seemed to be noise complaints coming from some imaginery neighbours.

for those people concerned re the authorities we were not issued with a fine for noise or in fact anything and our generator was kindly dropped back to the hire company today.

Can all those above talking about the right approval please tell me which event crew has put on a legal permit approved beach dance party in Victoria ever other than Earthcore ?

And actually prove it by mentioning the permit number that is located on the 1st page usually on the right hand side. Planning + Occupancy permit please.

Cheers

see ya at the next one

Spiz

ta

spiza + pete :)

Last edited:
My boyfriend spoke to the police, basically asking respectfully, why they were closing down the event at 10pm instead of 1am. They said that the permit didn't extend past 8.30pm so they came along with the council to shut it down. I was confused as i saw the police come and go 3 times before they finally took the generator and closed the event. I thought it was very unfair that they didn't give anyone warning, as people who were drinking may have been counting on those last few hours to sober up. Hope everyone ended up getting home safely in the end <3 We were just lucky my boyfriend who drove, decided not to drink!

Even though we only ended up being there for 4 hours, it was a great evening! Not too many people and a beautiful location. Will definatly be at the next one, if there is a next one, do hope so! And perhaps organized a little better :)

There were some dickheads playing hard trance out of the boot of their car after the music was shut down, we cleaned up and left as soon as that started up.

I am confused on why the police took footage. In fact, that sounds pretty concerning. Lets hope nothing comes of it because that is the last thing the scene needs. Do you have anything to say about that?

Last edited:
For the sake of not getting into a argument im not pointing the finger here at all. But one would think it would be the event organisers that would know their permit regulations and didnt go past 8.30pm. Also isnt it THEIR (the organisers) responsibility to let people know and remember they owe the event goers a 'duty of care' re: the whole sober up b4 driving home.

Im confused as to why would you tell people the event went till 1am when it appears your permit only went to 8.30pm?

As the guy who was talking to the nice police lady said to me 'its things like this that give decent party throwers a bad rep'.

...noise complaints coming from some imaginery neighbours.

Do you mean the karate tournament of both adults and kids on the beach at the same time? Or perhaps the families on the beach at the same time? Or maybe the wedding reception hall that is also in that area?

Dont you think the cars and people 'raving' in the car park in broad daylight would of also been a point of concern from the council?

Its nice Earthcore didnt get a fine and that the beach was greatly cleaned up as it was very dark there without power for lights...but clearly you didnt think this one through.

And actually prove it by mentioning the permit number that is located on the 1st page usually on the right hand side. Planning + Occupancy permit please.

Thats interesting because you are yet to mention your permit number..

Ive said enough on this topic. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I had a great time during the day with my mates there. Its just a shame the the end let the whole day down.

ok

Firstly not once did the police ask anyone to drive home drunk and nor did we.

It is not the responsibilty of the organisers to be nannies for people who decide to drink and attempt to drive.

Starfalls seriously you are currently the butt of about thirty or so people presently around my place laughter and ridicule as your logic is re the duty of care actually rests on the person who decides to take drugs and/or drink not the organisers to try and stop them.

Repeat nobody asked people to jump in their cars drunk. And to be honest 2 hours difference would hardy make a difference to those drunk people even if the music stayed on.

Stars clucthing at straws is one thing but continuing to do so only makes you look rather silly especially when you are trying to create a drama from a free party which cost us lots and those who came absolutely nothing.

Your duty of care is to stop looking at a gift horse in the mouth and show some appreciation.

Earthcore bashing is so so so 2004.............................. lol