Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need Help/Info Blood Test

En_warp

Bluelighter
i know there are shitloads of posts about this but does anyone have any quick info or links or experience about drug use and blood tests??

The situtaion: I will be getting blood tested for drug use in about two months. I don't smoke green. But for the past four months i have been a heavy e and speed user(2-4 times a week) and acid occasionally. i take valium daily and sometimes codeine and tramadol (I don't think they will test for this- i hope.)

anyway...

how long does e/speed stay in the blood??

and

cause i've taken a bit too much lately will it take longer for my blood to be clean?

and finally

is there anyway possible i can clean myself up. eg, methods to clean by body?

thanks for any info.
and i've searched the search info but fuck. way too much shit to go through and not enough time.

cheers:D

Blood test to detect drugs? I didn't realise they still did them.

You'll be clean from amphetamines within about 24 hours max for a blood test.... and that's the worst case senario, they usually do urine tests as the metabolites stay in the urine for much longer

so don't stress, but probably stay clean for a week or two before the test to be on the safe side

if it's a drug test they'll detect the valium for sure, and it has a pretty long half life at least in urine tests, not sure what it is in blood tests though, I'll get back to you

N-methylamphetamines, particularly meth may be detectable in the blood 2-3 days following use. Some benzos with a long half life (i.e. valium) if checked for, will be detectable for two days or more, depending upon history of use, and other variables such as condition of the liver. Codeine is metabolised fairly quickly (~12 hours). It's metabolised into morphine but that is also quickly metabolised. Acid metabolises within hours so unless you're tripping when you give a sample you'll not show a positive with a standard blood test for LSD.

Using sophisticated forms of HPLC/MS, active compounds, metabolites, and derivatives can be detected at very low levels. Whether such methods would be employed for workplace testing is unknown, although there would be considerable cost involved.

As rm2x has said, urine tests are more common, as they tend to reveal a longer history. They are also much less expensive than blood analysis. Some places are also doing hair analysis which can detect many drugs 3 months and longer following use, although this is nornally also expensive and the results can take a while.

just found out its a urine test.

I'm going to give the e/speed a break. however, i'm worried about the valium use. do you really think they'l look for valium in a test as it is a pharm after all??

cheers for the replies
:)

how much valium are you taking and is it prescribed??? if not and youre taking it daily may mean that you need to wean off it so you dont get a seizure

10-25mg daily.
it's prescribed but not exactly properly prescibed, the docs don't know how much i exactly take.
i know i need to wean off but its not to easy.
what are the chances of having a seizure if i were to stop cold turkey?

thanks for replies :)

personally i take urine drug screens twice a month. as soon as i had knowledge of the upcoming test i stopped everything (weed,extacy,valium).

now there was approximatly 2 months between the time i stoped and the time of the test, and i did relapse to pot a couple times during this period but i never exceeded 1 bong hit per session, and i always left at least a week before i would smoke any pot again.

After i took the drug test i was paranoid because i thought the thc was going to show up possitive for sure. Anyways when i got the test results guess what showed up???,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BENZOS.
I was like you are kidding me i havent had any valiums for 2 months. They reckon it showed up is because i was taking them for daily for at least 1 year straight, it wasnt crazy recreational use but just 2x2mg tabs at night to help me sleep.

so my only question is how long have u been taking valium?
also depending on what the drug test is for, you can always say that you are taking it legally tell them they can ring your doctor to discuss it if they want to. the urine test will not say how much is in you, just positive or negative

yeah fuck,

ive taken it for over a year. i'l just explain its for back problems i guess.

it's is prescribed i guess. but i don't want them to know its for anixiety.

cheers for info

A quick reference chart and a link to other information if all your questions haven't been answered. :)

chartwf6uy4.jpg

Erowid Drug Testing Vaults

En_warp said:
10-25mg daily.
i know i need to wean off but its not to easy.
what are the chances of having a seizure if i were to stop cold turkey?
thanks for replies :)

benzos are usually weaned off at slow incr say 2mg every 2nd day or 5mg in some cases , DO NOT STOP COLD TURKEY this lowers the seizure threshold from memory and can send you into a grand mal fit......

go to a medicated detox for a few days..... or do it under medical supervision,

heres some info at AODGP the chapter on benzo's

and on withdrawal

at pubmed

i know that at work we dont do benzo's or methadone withdrawals because of the risk

lil angel i am living proof that that chart is not 100% correct. i just want people to know that if i can have benzos in my system after 2 months with no use, other detection times may also not be 100% correct. as a general guide for myself with the exception of benzos i add an extra two days on top of what the charts say and i have never been detected for anything. at the moment im mostly using meth but i did heroin before my last test 7 days after that it showed up clean.

i think everyones body works differently so the detection times may vary from person to person.

its a good guide but i wouldnt take it as a fact.

I should have qualified the addition of that chart with the following;

'The following chart gives approximate detection periods for each substance by test type. The ranges depend on amount and frequency of use, metabolic rate, body mass, age, overall health, drug tolerance, and urine pH.'

Apologies for that. :)

jayslapmc said:
at the moment im mostly using meth but i did heroin before my last test 7 days after that it showed up clean.
i think everyones body works differently so the detection times may vary from person to person.its a good guide but i wouldnt take it as a fact.

herion has a pretty quick excretion rate from the body, its much quicker than most, heavy dependece say 1 gr heroin a day with 7 day detox and withdraw may not show up on test but morphine may well.

buprennorphine has a huge timeframe in the body same as methadone, the AODGP website has some pretty good resources on the timelines from memory, if not the DEA had some good stuff a while ago

by the looks of it i'm going to be positive for benzo's. however, i'm not too worried about that as i have a dood explanation.

however, i have been taking chems for many years now, and in the past four months have been preety heavy with e/speed/lsd. i plan too stop 2 months before the test. i don't smoke green, but did eat a cookie two months ago.
what do you guys think???

also, i've heard of ways i can flush my system, anyone know or heard about this, or has info??

cheers for all the info

if your not taking any weed or methadone, with a 2 months break from everything you will be clean. weed and methadone could potentially show up.

and you already know about benzos