• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

methylmethaqualone

Thanks for the warning slopoke. I have epilepsy and though I was always careful with GBL dosing, it did result in a couple of seizures after use. If there is the slightest chance that methylmethaqualone could cause another seizure (be it the result of an incorrect synth being passed off as genuine or the 'real deal')...my curiousity dies here.

Besides...I see hype but no real howls of endorsement.

Incorrect synth is (nearly) not possible. OK, something can always happen but the methaqualone-synth is quite easy (no details here due to forum rules).

Seizures similar to the ones of epilepsy are very likely at higher doses. I guess, people with a predisposition (like your already present illness) may react at a lower dosage. I agree with you: You curiosity should die here.

SpellmanT7 said:
Besides...I see hype but no real howls of endorsement.
...I guess, because it was taken from the commercial market (at least in most western countries), sources are scarce nowadays. Stories about the notorious "luding out" are common, for example @Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methaqualone/methaqualone.shtml
I think, there you'll find your "howls".

Peace! Murphy

slopoke can you elaborate on the effects, was the euphoria worthwhile or even existent?
this chem was given to a friend, and despite warnings it seems they are going to let curiosity get the best of them and try a 100mg dose orally.

100 mg are OK for the beginning, albeit 20-50 mg just for a first test are recommended.

Edit: NO NO NO! Mistake! 100 mg are anything but OK and will get you into serious trouble...stay away from this substance!!!

Last edited:
The euphoria i got was pretty good, a lot better than say, benzos, more on a par with GHB.

Like i said, the material was not the batch that was going around previously but was a high purity sample.

Doses were titrated up between two people but should obviously been done more slowly. It seemed pretty benign at the lower doses so was lured into a false sense of security. Hindsight is 20/20.

This may have been a 'one off' but i thought its obviously better to inform the community.

Also i think seizure is the wrong term, it was more like convulsions, or maybe spasms.

I don't see much to hype up about this material to be honest.

Yes i tried, it was god awful. Couldn't even get a lungful down, it was HCL, maybe freebase would be workable but i still wouldn't advise it.

fastandbulbous said:
Well I found 150mg of methaqualone sufficient for me. 300mg (which is what your figs suggest is a full dose) is a simple case of 'go to bed now. Do not pass Go, do not collect a cup of cocoa'
You humor makes my day, eveytime I read it. Thanks, I needed that during these stressfull times(exam period) :)

well it seems bluelight has an effect on harm reduction after all, the MMQ supplier has removed the product, and i am quite pleased to have gotten a small sample while it was still available.:D

after a native german speaker looked at the paper, he pointed out something I missed.

qualone derivatives with this substitution patterns induce seizures very frequently. I assume it has to do with higher AMPA affinity.

hamhurricane said:
well it seems bluelight has an effect on harm reduction after all, the MMQ supplier has removed the product, and i am quite pleased to have gotten a small sample while it was still available.:D

I just checked to see if the only supplier I was aware of had done the same thing...guess it's a small world/MMQ supplies are essentially limited to one source.

I am quite pleased not to have gotten a small sample while it was still available - I would've been the owner of half a gram if not for missing a bus connection several days ago.

slopoke said:
Yes i tried, it was god awful. Couldn't even get a lungful down, it was HCL, maybe freebase would be workable but i still wouldn't advise it.

the TR is positive for smoking MMQ, more positive than any other method of administration, since methaqualone is smoked commonly in africa (supposedly) it seems this might be the best bet for a worthwhile experience, perhaps a small amount will be converted into freebase for testing, anybody know if this will be solid at room temperature?

100mgs was too much for me on the weekend. at one point i couldnt control my hands. had to fight to stay awake.

75mgs seemed to hit the spot perfectly.

i love this stuff. its like the come up of a really strong mdma pill, that lasts for hours.

It's a very dangerous drug, though, and people really need to understand that. There's no way to seperate it's use from the risk of seizures. Any use at any physiologically active dose is very likely to induce siezures, likely due to the increased AMPA affinity.

Ham-milton said:
It's a very dangerous drug, though, and people really need to understand that. There's no way to seperate it's use from the risk of seizures. Any use at any physiologically active dose is very likely to induce siezures, likely due to the increased AMPA affinity.

hmm. possibly why i couldn't control my hands.

thanks for the heads up. I like this stuff a lot - far more than anything else i have ever tried so im glad i read that! :)

yall be crazy. 5 mg in the mull mix and its epic, had to check my pants and do a confirm run on a willing stat signif group. same woa effect no parle placee-bo. cannot imagine 150mg dose of this by any route. but watching old hippies faces light up when mentioned is its best effect, imnsho.

in the mix, in the mix, we gonna rock rock rock around the melted clock...

Just 5 mg?! That is not much... BUT it confirms the general assumption that low doses cause activation (euphoria!) while higher doses cause sedation followed by or accompanied by convulsions. The german paper suggests that the 2',4'-substitution pattern increases the chance for accompanying convulsions!

Considering a relatively narrow safety margin, I would recommend extrem carefulness. Especially for the 2',4'-series (and that includes Methylmethaqualone!!!) most data is from mice and unconfirmed in humans yet. Be careful!!!

Peace! Murphy

spoke to friends about the weekend, i was definitely convulsing at one point on 100mgs Orally. I have very little memory of it, beyond not being able to control my hands. aparently it was intime with the music so people were thinking i was doing some odd dance :S

I really, really liked the effects tho. What are the risks of having a seizure? i.e. is it just the convulsions or can the seizure lead to other problems (i know little about seizures and am unsure if there are varying levels or types?) ? just trying to weigh up if i have more or throw the last of it away.