• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Ego Death Subthread] By Using Phenethylamines

^ how so? I can imagine how it would be different but its hard to tell if thats how it will actually play out of course (psychedelics are always surprising me!).

Care to elaborate?

Same with the 2CI response...HOW was it?

It happened around 1½ years ago or so, but here goes..
I remember laying down on my bed, some 60 minutes or so after the ingestion of 27mg of 2ci, looking at one angry mother not far from me, I decided to focus inwards. I closed my eyes and a most sudden change happened at some point.
I did no longer exist, had no knowledge of me as a human whatsoever, instead there was a sort of consciousness that WAS the universe, and somehow "I" was now this universe and everything was happening.
There was just this ever-lasting peaceful harmony beyond what my words can ever describe fully. It was beautiful.
At some point I was rebooted and the memory of me as an individual returned and i found it quite silly to remember I had a name and was a person.
I have no idea if I was gone for hours or seconds, but it was experienced as lasting forever. Simple as that. I walked around some time after this quite convinced that God was everything, and that still makes perfect sense to me.
Oh well, I could sit here for years trying to describe the experience and I doubt it would ever become what I'd consider a perfect description so this will do.
I don't think it matters much what substance is taken, when you go to a place and your there, it doesnt really matter if you got there by bus or by airplane - your there anyway, in lack of a better way to say it.
Hope I make sense. :)

DrMerkwürdigeliebe said:
when you go to a place and your there, it doesnt really matter if you got there by bus or by airplane - your there anyway
From my four experiences of "ego death" using different drugs I would agree that once you're there the experience is fundamentally the same. However, the lead up to the experience is different, and I think that's what Newmoonrecord is probably saying when he says that the mescaline ego death experience is different than with tryptamines. For me, with both experiences via ayahuasca, the lead up was cognitive, consciously guided, and explicitly symbolic. There were visions of faces turning inside out, being stretched over masks, eyes turning around and dropping into skulls (all beautiful despite the seemingly grotesque description), and other clear signs that I was entering ego death by drilling down through the concept of self-reference. With DPT it happened through a far more abstract but also more coherently narrative and mythic visionary process, and was my first and by far the least traumatic of the experiences and the one from which I've retained the most memory. With the DXM/5-MeO-DMT combo the transition was abrupt, violent, auditory and tactile, where a single note of the music I was listening to was felt dropping down my spine and descending through a graduated series of impossibly empty phenomenal vacuums. All had the metallic reverberation sound and electric jolt I posted about earlier immediately preceding the experience of ego death though, and all were empty and perfectly passive, lasting only a few minutes. They were far from the experiences of unity and bliss that some experience as ego death, though I have experienced that too and for me it is a far different, far more contentful, desirable, and useful experience than whatever the proper label is for these four damn near traumatic experiences, one of which would have sufficed.

Last edited:
^ Yes, for me too, peak experiences with DPT seem to have a certain ritual to them. I see a lot of eyes and wings and feathers, and a lot of gold and silver bathed in pure, eternal light, and I get the feeling like I reached the end of a novel and there are no more words left to describe what will happen afterwards.

^Yes, I've written of "ethereal visions," "silvered masks," "grand violet plumes," and walking on a path where "each stride sails on spider's silk" about my DPT experiences. The experience is unabashedly yielding and ethereal. I haven't the slightest clue what many are speaking of when they describe it as metallic, rough, and insectoid. It's fascinating that the DPT experiences of the two of us, and I know about your DPT experiences, are counted among our best, are so aesthetically similar, and stand in such contrast to the reports of many. I guess when DPT is for you it's really for you.

amazing thoughts, you two (two of myfavorite people on BL too). Keep em coming...I find it extremely interesting to hear about your experiences in deep psychedelic states.

Aww shucks samadhi, the feeling's mutual. I'm taking off for a little while though, keep the boards warm while I'm gone. Glad to hear the aMT worked out well for you, too.

just curious,

for those who mentioned 2c-e -
how much did you take, and how, to get you close?

Orally, some may achieve ego-death with doses as low as 20mg but most of the time, 25mg and + would appear to be enough to get there. It depends a lot on the environment you're in but 2C-E definitely has some potential to attain that state of bliss.

about 30mg 2c-i and a whole bunch of weed. i became the wall i was sitting against, until someone started talking to me, then i stopped being a wall

Ego death is the reason I trip. All the other effects are just icing on the cake to me but not my primary motivation.

The ego is the barrier to the subconscious.

I love to swim around in my subconscious.

First time it happened was pretty scarey, not the state of ego death just the process of getting there. Thought I was really dying and it wasn't fun until I let go and decided that there is no point to fearing death.

Since then my love affair with ego-death trips has been nothing but enjoyable. Feels like going back to a familiar place every time now.

I wish I could always be in that state, I hope to get a chance to thumbprint some day.

I've never had an ego death experience after ingesting a phenethylamine, but 2C-E seems to be the one with the most potential for it from the people I have talked too.

I've tripped hundreds of times and the only thing time I had ego-death was during my first breakthrough on DMT.

One day me and Laika sniffed a pretty sizable amount of 2c-t-7 and 2c-e. I'd completely dissolved into my surroundings in my yard, near the forest at the old house. This was probably one of the most powerful trips I've had on a phenethylamines. We had both redosed multiple times into the night with both compounds. Looking back it was reckless but breathtaking none the less. Dont know if i would call it a ++++ though.

I've experienced traditional egoloss 4 times I'd say from LSD, LSA, Mushrooms and a tryptamine combination of 4-ho-mpt/4-aco-dmt. That later was completely mindblowing.

One time when I took 20mg of 2C-E I briefly experienced complete ego loss and detachment from reality. It was one of the most indescribable experiences I've had. I've tried 2C-P once and it wasn't the most intense trip but I got the impression that a higher dose could cause ego death.

I had a total and messy ego death on 2C-E the second time I tried it, at 18mg. I circled the void with great fear as everything was taken apart before my eyes, and I struggled mightily to resist the void, but I caught a brief but timeless moment of experiencing the total lack of anything - I existed in a dimensionless void of total isolation and loneliness that I interpreted as what the universe experienced before creating this great dream of subjective experience. Then I blanked out for about 30 minutes, no memory of the intervening time. It was one of the most impactful trips of my life. 2C-E is the only phenethylamine that's ever done it, but I find 2C-E to be by far one of the most powerful psychedelics there is, it differs from all other phenethylamines for me.

2c-e is one of my favorite psychedelics I've encountered.
Probably tripped on it 30 times easily.

It will bring you further than the other 2c-X or 2c-t-X
IMO at least, I've tasted quite a few of them.