• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Ego Death Subthread] By Using Phenethylamines

^It should be remembered that usch things as lying on a bed (meditating) or dancing can induce trance states where ego-loss is prominent. I'd be interested to hear if anyones achieved anything like that without drugs here....I've tried, I'm clearly to up-myself to rid the ego naturally! :D

^ well sure but please keep on topic in my thread (haha *tickles swilow*).

Ego loss on PEAs. Go!

ok so iread people talking about 'negative physical impacts', what are these?

Also, to people who think you cant have complete egoloss/+4, im sure with enough 2c-e or other phen youll have +4 ;) hehe

FreedomOfTheMind said:
People can do what they want with PEAS but I tend to use in lower doses. I find in conjunction with tryptamines they can over-power the profundity of the trip, such as candyflipping dampening the LSD. PEAS still have their place and can be useful, but I find them more recreational (which is spiritual in its own sense). I still will use PEAs but I like medium doses rather then higher doses since the negative body effects get too intense and ego inflation may occur (especially with MDMA)

You're talking about MDMA & the psychedelic tryptamines as if they have pretty much the same effect (well you only seem to be referring to MDMA). Even within the same ring substitutuion pattern, such as the 2,5-dimethoxy-4-thioethers, there's a fair difference in effects. I've been shocked a couple of times by mescaline & if you can't get to an egoless state with DOM,, something isn't right...

^Is there any data on what actually occurrs in the brain during this ego-less state?

psoodonym said, " the MDMA dancing example sounds like it could have come about from overheating"
This was not the case we always drink plenty of water and take breaks during burningman events.

willow said,"dancing can induce trance states where ego-loss is prominent."
This was more or less what happened. It was outdoors in a killer setting(a place where earth sky and water all meet). The sound system and visual presentation were both top notch. Somehow the tribal dancing and the mdma worked in conjunction to take me to a place where the simply was no more "me" just the beat the Om the universe whatever. Finally my girl pulled me out of the psytrance pyramid to go check out other sound systems look at the art cars and most likely go take more drugs.

p.s. If you want to check out the setup these guys put together for burningman and burningflipside check out pyramidguys.com --these guys will cause ego-loss even if you're sober as a deacon.

p.s.s. sorry to derail your thread a bit SS

^ s'all good. I've had similar transcendent experiences dancing underneath stars. Surprisingly I had what I would call a very intense +4 experience on methamphetamine (huge oral dose) dancing underneath stars and moon at a trance party years ago (meth is a PEA).

But, yeah I'm more concerned about the other PEAs (DOx, 2Cx, 2CTx, etc).

I've yet to try DOM, FB says good things about it (plus pretty much everybody I've talked to).

Oh definitely. I was got there at the peak on this experience....

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=34398

One experience I can't write about is when I did 20mg of 2C-E on a mountain-top. There were moments of OBE comparable to a huge hit of 5-MeO-DMT in nature. Also, high dosages of 2C-T-7 have given me periods of total ego loss/OBE.

On the other hand....I've had just as many (certainly not less) experiences with the tryptamines and OBE...so in my book...they are both just as likely (or not likely) to produce OBE....maybe tryptamines are a bit more forceful.

^Tryptamines feel a bit more alien or REAL I think almost. That is, OBE's from such. Then again, I have nothing to compare it so shoot that down.

I actually find MDA makes me lose touch pretty bad; that said, I hadn't had it for over 4-5 years when I lost took 100mg (about 2 wks ago) and I was just fucking out of it, all gurny and chompers. Probably saw half of bluelight thru nystagmatising (word even) eyes....;) Very dream-like state, I concluded with some ketamine and DMT which propelled me out of body and into mind, but rather dyspohoric. I actaully felt the sombre aspect of the MDA wearing off drawing me back to myself. I don't know if I just don't handle stimulants well.... PEA ego-reduction feels more 'retarded' then tryptamine ego-loss if that makes sense, as if its a byproduct but not really meant to happen.

I'd say bromo-dfly would probably bring about these kind of states??? What other DOxx could also "work"?

I have had no success in the 30mg range with 2ci, nor with 550mg mescaline (many times), or an unknown amount of MDMA in achieving egoloss.

However, I smoked some marijuana on one of my earliest 2ci trips (24mg) and felt the telltale signs of the "paniced" state before egoloss occurs, but it never developed into egoloss. Rather... constant waves of uncomfort that mushrooms seems to bring out in me kept coming until the 2ci wore off. Marijuana in combination with PEAs always seems to add the tryptamine-like feel personally.

morninggloryseed said:
Oh definitely. I was got there at the peak on this experience....

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=34398

One experience I can't write about is when I did 20mg of 2C-E on a mountain-top. There were moments of OBE comparable to a huge hit of 5-MeO-DMT in nature. Also, high dosages of 2C-T-7 have given me periods of total ego loss/OBE.

On the other hand....I've had just as many (certainly not less) experiences with the tryptamines and OBE...so in my book...they are both just as likely (or not likely) to produce OBE....maybe tryptamines are a bit more forceful.

I assume your definition of OBE corresponds with SS's definition of "ego loss" in his first post?

swilow said:
^Is there any data on what actually occurrs in the brain during this ego-less state?
I think it would depend on what type of ego-less state we're referring to. "Egolessness" achieved through trance, dance, or a meditative state where one becomes fully absorbed in a visualization or other sensory processes will probably be different than during a state of unengaged passivity (a full and total version of which I think of, and have been referring to, as "ego death"), as the experiences involved in each are very different. I know decreases in activity in the prefrontal lobes and increased activity in the temporal lobes (including seizure activity) have been correlated with the latter state.

True ego death I have never archived with phens. 2C-E has taken me some deep places but never ego death.

Jamshyd said:
I assume your definition of OBE corresponds with SS's definition of "ego loss" in his first post?

At times, yes...I would leave my body (and awareness of it, and myself sitting there), only to come back, and then repeat. It would come in waves. At the time (during a monent of lucidity), I remarked to myself that I had just entered a 5-MeO-DMT-like state.

This has happened a few times with 2C-T-7.

I believe that I am quite different than most people as far as the debate between tryptamine and PEA's are concerned. I find myself drawn towards PEA's. I am incredibly amphetamine sensitive and have a passion for their recreational and spiritual use. I have experience with DOB, 2C-B, 2C-I, MDMA, MDA, and various stimulants including dex-amphetamine which I have struggled its addictive properties for years.

DOB did for me what nothing else has been able to do. It induced a Satori-like state that lasted for an unknown amount of time. The trip lasted for 30 hours. The visuals can not be describe with words and the headspace was one of complete STP (Serenity, Tranquility, and Peace). Roughly 21 g of mids was smoked in about two hours between myself, my best friend, and my tripping parter who ate 7 g of liberty caps. The bud made an incredible addition to the trip.

My Satori experience was akin to floating in a void of complete darkness and pure loving spiritual light at the same time. For the duration of the experience I was no longer a human. I was part of the universal flow of energy and spiritual power. The meaning of life was given to me but as quickly as these realizations were made I was stripped of them. There is nothing that can compare to what this incredible molecule allowed me to do. I contacted Godhead and attained my ultimate goal of Ego Death. I have yet to surpass this experience and it is entirely possible that I never will through drugs alone. Meditation and intellectual knowledge are the true keys to explore consciousness, reality, and the Dharma along with entheogens.

^ Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

anything else you'd like to share, feel free. I and many others on this site would love to hear about it.

peace and happy trails,
samadhi

just curious,

for those who mentioned 2c-e -
how much did you take, and how, to get you close?