• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DPT Thread

Ah, the individual differences are astounding! I've actually been thinking of pushing 4-HO-MiPT up to the 40-50 mg range because I don't feel like I've gotten to really see its full potential yet, but 25 mg of 4-HO-MET is a very intense trip for me. I'm surprised that you don't get more out of it actually, because to me it is about as close as it gets to the 2C-x family (or what I've seen of it so far). It does have typical tryptamine visual style in many ways, but it also gives me a distinctly digital feeling that comes with energy, overly bright colors, lots of rainbow visuals, and vivid patterning all that remind me especially of 2C-I, and to an extent 2C-B (which I have much less experience with), especially with all the greens. The basic type of geometry I get on 4-HO-MET is even actually not unlike what I get from those blotters I took that I'm fairly certain were some DOx(s). I wonder if you will get these kinds of effects as well at higher doses, and good luck with that. The highest I've pushed with it was 50 mg and it was still quite lucid and easygoing at that dose, and calmer than low doses. The visual effects also became significantly more DMT-like, but still also had the same highly externally active style and even had some pinwheeling effects similarly to those blotters again.

As for 4-AcO-DET and 4-HO-DET, I haven't been able to distinguish any different psychedelic effects between them yet when taken orally, but the former seems a little calmer to me (physically, not mentally). What you described sounds pretty much like my experiences with it.... Good times. :D I may have some odd desires, but I really love the trip it gives. To be honest, sometimes I feel like 4-HO-DET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-HO-DiPT, and 4-AcO-DALT are practically different types of drugs from psilocybin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-MET, and 4-HO-MiPT, just in effect of course. The latter group fairly consistently gives me trips which have a lucid headspace, significant euphoria, and brightly colored geometric visual effects mixed with visionary architecture reminiscent of DMT. On the other hand, the former group for me primarily has visual effects which feel dark and subtle, with lots of smoke-like trails, blending colors and textures, and disorienting auras, but interwoven with powerful mind's eye visions that can grow to overlap reality, along with a heavier focus on mental stimulation than physical euphoria and very strong psychological effects despite remaining relatively in control. Something I have begun to recognize in it is a general feeling of a "loosening" of the mind, where my thoughts become slowly more absurd and I don't quite care.... On 4-AcO-DET it felt near psychosis once, but I wasn't acting crazy still, just feeling it. 4-AcO-DALT was the most visual and easiest on the mind of them but it definitely felt like it could take me into the abyss easily at a higher dose.... 4-HO-DiPT on the other hand was the least visual but also took me closer to that edge, my mind was scattered.

I personally love that state of mind, but I can definitely understand why it wouldn't be for some. What I really like so much about it is just being able to meditate into it and allow it to take me on a wild ride through my subconscious.... They show me things that just make other psychedelics feel surface-level by comparison, which makes sense because being so personal and intimate is part of their charm, but sometimes I like there to be more layers torn away than that.... That's where these good old larger tail tryptamines come in. :) Just from what I've heard, I imagine that DPT may be like this as well, but I can't yet verify. It seems to match some descriptions though, and that gives me hope that 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DPT have this quality as well.... I really am in love with it at the moment, it's definitely me favorite kind of trip! Though I do like pretty much any kind of trip.

Last edited:
My pet has had good experiences with it insufflated. From 10-40 mg does a nice job. I'd say it is under-rated, and it is one of my favorite tryptamines. I overlooked it when I first obtained it. My pet has experiences with 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-met, DIPT, MIPT, 4-meo-mipt, 5-meo-mipt, and dmt (as well m4gic fungus)... as far as tryptamines.

I am curious as to whether anybody has tried vaping or smoking the substance. A friend recommended not to try it, since it is such a rare compound (he said it would possibly be a waste). My pet wants to try it... I will report back.

^ we don't use euphemisms like "my pet" here, everyone knows it's you. kindly edit your post as nobody wants to read thru that sort of silliness; please refer to the bluelight user's agreement you were linked to when you signed up.

also, this was a neat drug for me, I think i.m. would probably be the best route, vaping/smoking is a questionable RoA I tink.

IM with 4-HO-DPT was extraordinary. It was a bit of a bitch to get it in solution though, but totally worth it! The HO version of this is one of my favorite tryptamines.

during the later phase of my experimentation with psychedelics I found i.m. to be the best RoA for most of the Shulginalia, phenethylamines and tryptamines alike. the increased bioavailibility, of course, but the come-up and the various waves/peaks that they come in seem to be different, and more distinct, in a good way, when you can bypass the gi tract

Agreed one hundred percent! You nearly always avoid side effects, even with things like 2c-P/DOC you come up in about fifteen to thirty minutes, and like you said, very unique. Can be very euphoric. I like IM better than IV for everything it's feasible to do that way. I find the slow rising rush much sexier than being slammed in the face for a couple minutes. I would have the best trips IMing MXE/DPT, sometimes with DOC etc. I would IM it with great beloved tunes playing, just getting stoned as hell while I come up. Euphoria and trippiness that was unrivaled really. Just melting into whatever I'm sitting on. I had an insane trip like that with 4-HO-DPT IM'd with MXE. For the first thirty minutes it was so fucking intense.

i.m. DMT still provided some of my favorite psychedelic experiences
it is surprisingly gentle even at highish doses
come to think of it is one of the few trips I would try these days

Defintely! Though the time I did 250mgs(had so much and lacked a stock of needles at the time so I figured go big or go home)on a good dose of LSD was pretty wacked out, in a positive way though. MET was probably my favorite simple tryptamine to IM. Always done with MXE. Really euphoric and light hearted in the best way possible. Still powerful though. I'd love to try DET. I think it'd be interesting if you tried a psychedelic again. See if you would still like it, all that sort of stuff.

I defintely want to get some 4-HO-DPT again. I'm interested in hearing more about the AcO version too.

Is 4-aco-dpt in tihkal? It seems i can only find the hydroxy counterpart

Is 4-aco-dpt in tihkal? It seems i can only find the hydroxy counterpart
There are no AcO's in Tihkal....shulgin speculated they would identical to their hydroxy counterparts so he only explored them as far as I know.

Actually, 4-AcO-DET and 4-AcO-MiPT accounts are both described in TiHKAL under their respective 4-HO's pages.

Actually, 4-AcO-DET and 4-AcO-MiPT accounts are both described in TiHKAL under their respective 4-HO's pages.
^^^
They are but I doubt Sasha had enough personal experience with those two particularly to describe effects fully.

I'm interested in both and waiting for more personal reviews on the latest batches...8)

SO !

Holy hell 4-aco-dpt is one cool comnpound. I just got around to trying this gem yesterday.

At the beach, mixed this (incredibly wild tasting) stuff into a sierra nevada beer. 3PM. This girl i just met recently sipped it with me and then
the madness ensued. WoW! very unique feeling, i felt very honest and open and sociable; but we were also drinking lots of gin.

Flash forward to 6 hours later: Re-dosed another 20mg each and ended up having quite the psychadelic experience at a korean restaurant. Couldn't figure out how to order off the menu. Lights flashing, crazy glow-light bar thing that is continually changing colors... Grabbing the girl next to me and hugging her close. Barely made it out of there; next thing you know were stealing beer from safeway. ok ok classic moves... psychadelia infused grooves.

Certain word are sticking out in our brain. The word 'interchangeably' is tripping us fricking out! Wrote it on the korean take out box to remember for later.

She asks: Why does the alphabet have to have order? Hmm. Good question. Crazy conversation ensue.

30 min later, playing cards with bunch of people, drinking cheap rum. Wow the re-dose has me more lit than ever. Its 5am and homegirl has work at 7:30am. needless to say she didnt make it and we just made love all morning.

Love this compound. 10/10 for me.

What dose did you take? 4-HO-DPT seems pretty weak (potency-wise), especially orally. I've read of people taking 100mg for a strong experience.

^ the 4-aco-dpt i have seems to be about as potent as any 4-aco-dmt ive had. Or perhaps 7/8 as strong dose for dose.

My anecdote above is 20 mg initially for a +++ strong experience, and then 20mg again 5 hours later right back into that crazy space. (All oral doses)

Huh, wow. That doesn't seem to line up with normal dosages for it... then again there isn't much on 4-AcO-DPT, mostly on 4-HO-DPT. It's unusual for an AcO ester to be significantly more potent. Of course, everyone is different. I do wonder if what you received was actually some other more common tryptamine though.

Well its always possible, but it doesn't feel like any 4-ho-met, 4-aco-dmt, dpt, 4-ho-mipt, or 5-meo mipt that i've ever had. Feels very unique. Then again the experience might've been strengthened by the fact that the gal i dosed with has me feeling some type of way in her own right.

I'll be sure to re-assay it in a week or so with less gin involved, and report back.

EDIT: Hey so i was looking back in this thread and it shows plenty of people dosing it around the 20mg range. Egor posted doses ranging from 6 to 25mg, with 19mg producing strong effects. So i don't know where you are getting the idea that my doses seem oddly low.

Last edited:
This has became available to me. I have 2g of 4-ho-dpt, does anyone know if this one is qualitively different enough to warrant buying some. I find 4-ho-met and 4-aco-met very different.

You probably should get some, so you can compare, for reaseach :) Probably not too many people who have tried both and can compare them.

You probably should get some, so you can compare, for reaseach :) Probably not too many people who have tried both and can compare them.

Great answer, I will then for science! :)

4-ho-mpt will be available to me soon what a great time to be alive. My tryptamine collection is looking sweet ATM.