• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DPT Thread

e.g. IM 5-MeO-DMT feels to me like it couldn't be in the league of manageably mild however you dose it.

This is true. I'd say IMed 5MeODMT is easily as strong as smoking it, just stretched out. I've tried many other psychedelics via IMed and smoked and in no other case is IM as potent as smoking.

Just wow^ !

I get a pronounced feeling of holyness from DPT, I get why it is used as a sacrament...
However DPT is jittery for me, as if I am trying to pull off a megaton rocket launch in a go-kart.

How does 4-AcO-DPT compare with that? And I wonder if lower dose IM would prove to be workable or if it is just qualitatively like that with that ROA.
e.g. IM 5-MeO-DMT feels to me like it couldn't be in the league of manageably mild however you dose it.
4-AcO-DPT and 4-ho-DPT aren't nearly as tremulous as DPT in my experience. After last night I'm not sure how much more I can say, though. Every other experience I've had of ho/AcO has been far more mild than this last experience (not disappointing in any sense, quite blissful, but damn, comparatively this was a shocker). I have IM'd 4-ho-DPT once before with aMT, which I posted about in the ho thread, but either the other batches I got weren't as pure or, far more likely, more precipitated back out of solution before I could draw it up into the syringe than I estimated. I had to abort four previous attempts at IMing before that because the stuff is really stubborn and clogged up the needle, but for whatever reason this last order of 4-AcO-DPT was far more easy to tame (all my previous ho/AcO buys have reportedly been fumerates, too, so I'm not sure what to think). I think a small dose IMd would be far more nice and relaxed like most of my insufflated experiences, but 30 mg IMd with MXE was a wild ride. It certainly seemed to be mostly the work of the 4-AcO, but I think the MXE mania may have seriously sped things up, too. I just don't know to what degree. In any case by IMing the bang for my buck with this compound seems to have taken a giant leap.

Mxe greatly enhances all psychs several times over.

I once did 30mg on a 200mcg lsd trip and it hit me like 100mg o top off 500mcg.

Also once i took only 10mg 4acodmt along with 40mg mxe and a joint.

Well it it got me to a ++++ but only lasted for 30mins, then i had a strong ++ for few hours or so.
The only other tryptamine I've IMed on top of MXE so far is synthetic psilocin. The experience was certainly sped up and more confusing than with ketamine or DXM, but it wasn't much stronger than I expected. Perhaps there's a greater jump in potency between insufflated and IMed 4-AcO-DPT than most other tryptamines (for most it's about double in my experience). I won't really be able to say until I IM it again by itself, but for now I'd recommend IMing no higher than 20 mg for somebody's first time assuming no psychedelic tolerance.

psood0nym, you have experience with both acetoxy and hydroxy DPT, right? Which one do you consider best? And in which way did you find them to be different?

Well, after seeking out 4-AcO-DPT or 4-ho-DPT from four different sources, I was finally able to get this most recent purchase of 4-AcO-DPT fumerate to go into solution for IMing, and holy shit is that the way to do it! I was able to get 40 mg in 1.3 mL of 2:13 sterile water:5% acetic acid by heating it in a small metal measuring cup on an electric stove burner. I injected 1 mL of that to start on top of 60mg of plugged MXE, so about 31 mg of 4-AcO-DPT total, and I'm glad I didn't finish off the rest.

4-AcO-DPT may be the most profoundly psychedelic substance I've ever used, and I've used dozens. Never before have I been so caught up within the inter-reflections of a moment like that. It was so strange. I found myself begging for forgiveness because I thought I had broken some law of existence. It was madness. I kept reminding myself to calm down because recursive thoughts began piling up faster than I could track them. It was as if my ego was falling into its own image in an infinity mirror. I'd put my fingers to my jugular to take my pulse and find I was perfectly calm, but I couldn't believe it because the rate at which I was reflecting on my own abstract notion of self was bordering on being physically painful.

"What have you done?" (what am I asking?) ... I'm so lost.

Things were happening so fast I felt vibrated free of the process. Ultimately I had to scream out inside myself:

"You can STOP . THINKING."

And I did stop, or a part of me did, but this telescopic projection seemed to somehow continue ahead in time then fall back to the present moment as a shattered temporal echo of my identity. At that point I was simply astonished by the joy of being, and I felt like the surface of a lake in the rain.
I told you! 40mgs IM of 4-HO-DPT was pretty easily one of the most potent experiences I've ever had. Like you, I've ventured pretty far and was not expecting such a through whipping. I found insufflation far more forgiving. The IM come up reminded me of a similar feeling of blasting off on DMT albeit not that rushy though it was still pretty crazy. If I manage to get more sometime soon I would probably attempt a go at 10-15mgs IM hoping for a lighter experience.

psood0nym, you have experience with both acetoxy and hydroxy DPT, right? Which one do you consider best? And in which way did you find them to be different?
Yes, I have experience with them both. It's really hard to judge because, as I've written about in the 4-ho-DPT thread, the qualitative effects of the doses I'm most familiar with (35-50mg insufflated) are more temperamental and synesthetic in their focus than most psychedelics. Typically the oh versions of 4-sub tryptamines are qualitatively more turbulent and serious than their AcO counterparts (which are often thought of as "smoother" and more euphoric), and that's a side of them that's revealed most distinctly in their more cognitive effects. However, my IM 4-AcO-DPT experience was far more rough and tumble than any of my 4-ho-DPT experiences, but as stated, that could have to do with an unexpected potency increase relative to insufflation, combining it with MXE, or a large potency difference between syntheses (this last possibility strikes me as least likely).

Shulgin laments how difficult 4-ho-DPT is to make in TIHKAL. I'm not sure what the details are of how the currently available 4-AcO-DPT is synthesized but if I had to go with one I'd chose it because if I recall correctly from what others have stated the AcO versions are both easier to get right and they're more stable (esp. fumerates). In any case, most people go with ho versions when they're looking for a little more unwieldy sort of experience, but, assuming my last combo session is reflective of how 4-AcO-DPT is in isolation, if one were to IM it I doubt "tame" would come to their mind as a description.
Help?!?! said:
I told you! 40mgs IM of 4-HO-DPT was pretty easily one of the most potent experiences I've ever had.
Heh, yeah, I certainly expected that 4-ho/AcO-DPT might have a bite at higher doses, particularly when IMed, there was just a lot of factors at play here making it difficult to guess at the time exactly how much stronger the experience would be. I'm now wondering if an experience I had a few years ago, the most profound of my life, had more to do with 4-ho-DPT than I thought.

I ended up having what I believe was a left-hemisphere partial seizure well after I thought the effects of 4-ho-DPT were over (I'd never had a seizure before then, nor have I since). I kept getting psychedelic thoughts and CEVs while I was trying to go to sleep after a very long night. Over a few hours I took 4 mL 1,4 butanediol, diphenhydramine, and had a few mixed drinks trying to just pass out. But the 4-ho-DPT effects just would not be denied. So instead of going unconscious like that much of all those depressant drugs might have typically resulted in I had a highly symbolic seizure vision of my own conception while the right side of my body jerked around! The combination of all those things had me pretty convinced I'd accidentally killed myself, heh. I've got most of that report written but there's some essential connections to an 35g mimohuasca/40g P.Torch "overdose" the weekend before that have been extremely difficult to include in a way that I think will make sense to readers.

In any case, the next night after the 4-AcO-DPT experience described above I experienced some mild brain zaps while going to sleep. Dondante notes in post #61 that:
DPT is actually one of the most serotonergic psychedelics if you judge by SERT/5-HT2A binding ratio. According to the paper below, DPT binds to the serotonin transporter at a dose 10x lower than required for appreciable 5-HT2A affinity, which probably means the drug also functions as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
I'm wondering if 4-ho/AcO-DPT might also have relatively powerful SERT activity, and if that may have played a role in both the brain zap symptoms and the seizure in combination with 1,4 BDO years ago. I don't think 4-ho/AcO-DPT are physiologically dangerous, but if this suspicion is true it's worth considering when combining either with other drugs (such as MXE, which is an SRI).

Last edited:
should be able to get some of this soonish. Read through the 4-ho-dpt thread a whlile back. Remember it making me really really want to try one of them.

Yesterday I wanted to low-dose a psychedelic to buff my day with a little magic polish, and I settled on 4-AcO-DPT as my instrument of choice. What an excellent choice it was! Lifted me right out of a depressive funk. I got done some work that I'd been putting off, too.

And, as an added bonus, I felt particularly well-rested this morning, and I feel all-around fantastic today, like my whole body is recharged and... relaxed.

When I first tried 4-AcO-DPT, it was (weirdly) my first 4-X tryptamine, so I had no real basis for comparison, but now that I've tried 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MiPT, and 4-HO-MET, I'm fairly confident in saying that 4-AcO-DPT is the most euphoric and positive of the bunch, for me. The euphoria reminds me a lot of LSD, but in my opinion it's a much better choice for a nootropic go-about-your-daily-affairs psychedelic than acid, because it is more clearheaded, which allows for better focus.

I need a little bit more experience with 4-HO-MiPT (my other favorite) to be sure, but 4-AcO-DPT might just be my #1 favorite 4-X tryptamine. It's shameful how tiny this B&D thread is.

Last edited:
It's because probably hardly anyone has tried it (myself included). What was your dose?

Funny I was just thinking this morning how its a pity the 4-sub-DPTs are so rare and how I'd like to try one. Glad to hear the positive review!

Can you give a quick rundown of your dosage, ROA, intensity and the timeline (onset, peak duration etc)?

Sounds nice, TheAppleCore. :) This like most (possibly all) trip reports on 4-AcO-DPT makes me even more excited to try this one some day.

It's because probably hardly anyone has tried it (myself included). What was your dose?

Ha. I literally just read this in the Psychedelic preference thread:

Oy... let me give this a try...

The ones I've tried:

4-AcO-DPT (I was remided of this when I visited the thread, but I actually do not remember although I wrote a mini-report)

I guess you weren't kidding lol.

Funny I was just thinking this morning how its a pity the 4-sub-DPTs are so rare and how I'd like to try one. Glad to hear the positive review!

Can you give a quick rundown of your dosage, ROA, intensity and the timeline (onset, peak duration etc)?

I may have some 4-HO-DPT to work with and report on soon, if I haven't been misinformed. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week.

What was your dose?

I took 6 milligrams (insufflated) in the early afternoon, around 1 P.M. It hit me quickly (as usual), within fifteen minutes, and was probably peaking forty-five minutes in. I took another 3 mg bump at maybe 3:30 P.M., at which point the effects were still in full swing, which pushed me from a mild energy-boost into something a bit more "trippy" with some very slight OEVs, but still only a +1 on the Shulgin scale. It's hard to say when the effects ended, because I still feel a serene afterglow today, although I felt more or less sober by around 10:00 P.M. when I went to bed.

Mind you, this is all from memory, since apparently I'm an incompetent psychonaut who keeps no written record.

It's worth noting that I became overly emotional about some negative things today, which I think is also an after-effect, in addition to the euphoric afterglow that I mentioned.

Wow, you're right, that's the second time I've completely forgotten I tried this.

I hear really great things about 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DPT from the few who have tried them. I'd love to get my hands on some, especially since I've fallen back in love with tryptamines recently. Actually I have yet to try plain DPT beyond a threshold dose also (the threshold dose was nice).

Haha. :) I also haven't tried DPT above a threshold dose, which honestly made a me a little nervous and shaky. I have heard a good number of people say that 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DPT compare to 4-AcO-DALT though, and having just tried a fuller dose of that earlier I can certainly say that if that's the case then I'd definitely be excited to try these (as if I wasn't already). Tryptamines are great, I don't know what I would do without them. Though I have to admit that you have actually made me start obsessing over phenethylamines again from your posts lol.

Hehe. :)

Actually I have fallen in love with tryptamines again recently. I enjoy plenty from the 3 main categories (phen, trypt, and lysergamide), but there's something special about the tryptamines.

No disagreements here. :) I find the 4-substituted ones to be particularly amazing personally, and a lot more diverse than a lot of people give them credit for. I'm so anxious right now to hear back from my friend on that possible 4-HO-DPT lol. I've been told that there's that and potentially also 4-HO-MPT (dun dun).

Lucky you. :) Currently I've got 4-HO-MiPT which I love, it's a very interesting psychedelic. So far I've found it to be no good for ego dissolution but amazing for working through personality/mental/emotional stuff, or connecting with others in meaningful ways, while simultaneously having a great time. Some of them aren't so great for socializing or doing much other than sitting/laying there and getting dissolved (I like to use high doses of tryptamines to get their full potential), but it sounds like 4-HO/AcO-DPT may be in the middle somewhere.

Oh, you and I seem to be on the same wavelength there. I was given 4-HO-MiPT for the first time by a good friend who experiences strong visual and mental effects from it at low doses, but for me even at 30 mg I found it very easygoing and sociable. I was meeting a few new people that day and we were all tripping together, and I felt connected to them in ways that I hadn't since the carefree early drug days of high school. The only psychological effects were joy and relaxation so heavy it was hard to speak at first, and the visuals were mild but beautifully flowing and electric. Since then it has become probably my favorite psychedelic to take alone at lower doses, where the mind is free enough to open up and become quite visual in its own way despite not even feeling too intoxicated to just keep going about the day, whether it's introspective or just routine. Yoga I found to be especially rewarding on it.

I'm curious, what do you think of 4-HO-MET (if you've tried it)? It seems like a lot of people I know get hit much more intensely by one of these two than the other; my friend who gave me with 4-HO-MiPT does not get much in the way of visuals or mental changes from 4-HO-MET, but it gives me some of the most overwhelming visuals of any substance, and the mindset is very present and LSD-like. Even without it, the visuals alone are capable of causing out-of-body experiences through sensory overload on occasion. Massively different responses, clearly.

Yeah, 4-HO-DET is one of those for me that is best for just melting into nothingness on. :) Literal out-of-body experiences (seeing myself from a distance and the like) happen to me on it quite frequently with meditation or music, or sometimes just spontaneously. I have read a report of this happening on 4-AcO-DPT before and I saw shades of it my first time on 4-AcO-DALT while meditating as well, so I'm definitely anticipating some overlap with my experiences there. TheAppleCore's trip report makes it sound very nice on the mind and body as well, I'm looking forward to it. 4-HO-DET has that extremely easy to handle feeling for me but it is very psychological, whereas 4-AcO-DALT was more clearheaded but was a heavier high, more euphoric and disorienting; it will be very interesting to see where this one takes it.

I find 4-HO-MET to be weak in comparison to 4-HO-MiPT, but I haven't taken it above I think 25mg. At 25mg 4-HO-MiPT is significantly better for me in every way, and at 30mg it's pretty sublime. I want to try it at 40mg, and I want to try 4-HO-MET at 40mg also to see what unfolds. I find 4-HO-MET to have a similar type of euphoric trip, but it seems much calmer and with less content. Also I don't feel as sociable on it. 4-HO-MiPT starts to hit me with rushes of feel-good and euphoria and it unfolds from there.

I have tried 4-AcO-DET, not 4-HO-DET, but I found it very different. It was VERY psychological in nature, fast-flowing thoughts, not really euphoric at all. In fact it started out pretty difficult, I found myself contemplating on my mortality and becoming rather obsessed with it, with my body aging (I'm 32 but the process is always happening). I worked through it and ended up having a really great and useful trip... but not something I'd take often.