• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DPT Thread

Thanks, I did a search but didn't find the thread. Indeed, this feels very much like 4-HO-DPT. The main difference i noticed was that this does not hit you as fast as 4-HO. 4-HO hits you in a minute, 4-AcO begins building up (quite fast) after about 5 minutes. There's the same bodyload, and my stomach swells (why on earth does all form of DPT's make my stomach swell like a balloon?).

And yes, I have to agree with you about 4-HO/4-AcO-DPT being quite unique psychedelics. They really don't resemble much else. I did read from TIHKAL that 4-HO-DPT is a difficult compound to make. I guess that's the only rational reason for it being so expensive.

Got a 50mg sample but it was only 30mg

Had a plate of Kellogs frosties for my breakfast

1128 9mg snorted very easy going up no sting
1134 drip is easy just a slight bitter taste ....tickly want to sneeze feeling
1137 warm glow on cheeks...feeling it come on strong, nose running keep holding back sneeze...fingers feeling nice as i type this
1140 this feels real nice
1141 another 7 mg snorted

As soon as you snort you get instant euphoria smooth and soft then it fades slightly

Snort up each nostril brought runny eye both sides but its sort of good feeling really tickles nostril rather than sting

1150 feeling really really nice warm glow up the back of my neck

Trippy now....very trippy

1155 hope theres more to come it just isnt strong enough

1204 another 4mg snorted...a fiendish tryptamine?

Feeling let down now not worth the money glad it was a sample

Makes me want to take something like 4 ho mipt now lol

1210 feeling lovely again but doubt it will last

3 mins later you can feel it dying

1217 yep you guessed another 4mg snorted

1237 feeling nice again tranquil serene but thats probably more to do with brian eno than 4 aco dpt

Sitting here laughing at how underwhelming the whole thing has been

This would be great if you wanted to escape into a bit of peaceful serenity while her indoors nips out to the bingo for 2 hours but it would have to be 20 quid a gram rather than 100 lol

1250 feeling really really nice now and its lasting...maybe the last 4mg finally got me to the right dose as it feels beautiful now

0135 almost baseline again

0137 another 4mg snorted
0145 total now taken 30mg

I reckon this stuff needs a much higher dose to begin with and at the price its just not worth it...no horn, erotic or otherwise, no visuals of any kind, probably get better effects from some `real` am2201.

Damp squib!

An uncommon one with far too few reports on it, I'm sure. But it does have a thread which I merged this into just now.

I think this one is in my collection but it's not in the top 10 of my to-do list, not because it seems bad not at all. It's just the overabundance of wonderful things. :)

^The posts I've seen regarding oral use indicates even 75mg is underwhelming. With a chem this rare oral is a waste for me. 50 mg insufflated or rectal is more like it, though TheAppleCore had a fairly strong experience at just 20 mg insufflated. It might be worth trying oral if you find you're sensitive to it like that.

^ I've decided that next time I dose this compound, I'm going to try taking 26 mg orally, and compare it to my 26 mg insufflated experience (which was very intense).

I know what you mean....last count i had 57 rc`s equalling almost half k stashed.
#
I am addicted to BUYING them not taking them lol

(in answer to solipsis)

Last edited:
I've decided that next time I dose this compound, I'm going to try taking 26 mg orally, and compare it to my 26 mg insufflated experience (which was very intense).

Ended up doing absolutely nothing. I'm pretty surprised that I didn't even get some mild psychedelia. So, yes, for the record, orally dosing this chemical is simply not an option.

Just to add my 2p: A few weeks back I insufflated around 25mg. It's a weird one for sure. There wasn't much going on until T+0,5h, after that a transition to a very peculiar headspace took place which didn't lead up to a discernible peak but definitely was fully developed before T+1,5h. I kept asking myself if calling the compound a drug wasn't essentially misleading. What I experienced wasn't some form of intoxication, rather the opposite. There was some background tension and uneasiness I hoped to diffuse by visiting a nearby public pool and swim a few lengths. No visuals, no body high, no detectable distortion of any other of my senses, very very clear headed, none of that. So what did it do then, you might ask. My perception was cranked up quite a bit for once. I couldn't help but noticing a torrent of minute details I wouldn't usually be aware of, and was completely lost in thought about the architecture history of the little town I'm living in. No intensified colors, but childish joy when looking at brightly colored surfaces, especially yellow and orange. Once I was in the pool I kept drilling through a lot of issues and problems I needed to resolve, things I had to organize. My reasoning was almost too sharp and fluid like a razor, pitilessly weighing my actions and work and those of others with an almost brutal clarity. All the while I kept ploughing through the water without any hint of fatigue or exhaustion like the energizer bunny on steroids. This went on for 5km straight. Best description would be a state of clairvoyant super-sobriety, useful and interesting but not exactly enjoyable let alone hilarious. I felt my energy level draining and the tension from the rising muscle acidity, but wasn't compelled to slow down or tempted to give up. The drug didn't deceive me about what was left of my dwindling resources, but I felt that I'd be able to keep this up until total cramping or heart failure would force me too -provided the 4-aco-dpt wouldn't abate before that point. Let's hope the olympic committee has put this one one the list of doping agents, because I can see this one doing not a half bad job. My appetite was a little suppressed but not completely killed, I ate but there was no joy in it. The whole thing was over within 6 hours. Puzzling, but interesting enough to do it again sometime in the future, especially since the taste/smell was bearable and mild, no hint of the horrible dpt drip.

So is there a main difference between 4-AcO-DPT and 4-HO-DPT? Any information would be very appreciated :)

^ I haven't tried 4-HO-DPT, but the consensus seems to be that the two compounds are very similar, with 4-HO-DPT being a bit more potent, and brief (shorter overall trip).

Tried the 4-HO-DPT yesterday, 25mgs sniffed followed approx. 1h later by another 10mgs plugged. This one is reaaaaally nice, had a phantastic evening just lying on the couch, listening to music and travelling trough the endlessness of the my mind.

Dunno why people say intranasal is more efficient, as far as my little experience goes, i've found plugging to be a far more economic ROA. But i'm a bit unsure since i was really spaced out in the end.

Funny thing is, i initially didn't felt that high until i laid down and closed my eyes while listening to the music, when the effects crept up on me and increased slow but steadily. Duration was at least a good 5hrs with redosing (but not including the afterglow).

Conclusion: great substance! A somewhat higher dose could be absolutely awesome, and i'm really looking forward to try the parent compound DPT asap.

Is it just me or does 4-HO/ACO-DPT feels less serotonergic than DPT itself?

Last edited:
^ Hm. IMO, DPT itself feels like one of the least-serotonergic serotonergics. Anyway, they're both very "psychedelic" compounds.

But how would you compare it to 4-HO/ACO-DPT? IME DPT felt more serotonergic, but i'm a bit unsure tbh. 4-HO was definitely more potent. They both work with staggered doses as far as my little experience with those two goes, but would you say doing this works better than ingesting one large amount?

^ Hm. IMO, DPT itself feels like one of the least-serotonergic serotonergics. Anyway, they're both very "psychedelic" compounds.

This surprised me too, but DPT is actually one of the most serotonergic psychedelics if you judge by SERT/5-HT2A binding ratio. According to the paper below, DPT binds to the serotonin transporter at a dose 10x lower than required for appreciable 5-HT2A affinity, which probably means the drug also functions as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It also has unusually high affinity for the 5-HT1A receptor, which may also play a role in psychedelic activity. Unfortunately, the paper has been discredited to some extent, but it's still one of the best resources we've got.

Ray TS. Psychedelics and the human receptorome. PLoS One. 2010 Feb 2;5(2):e9019.

Well, after seeking out 4-AcO-DPT or 4-ho-DPT from four different sources, I was finally able to get this most recent purchase of 4-AcO-DPT fumerate to go into solution for IMing, and holy shit is that the way to do it! I was able to get 40 mg in 1.3 mL of 2:13 sterile water:5% acetic acid by heating it in a small metal measuring cup on an electric stove burner. I injected 1 mL of that to start on top of 60mg of plugged MXE, so about 31 mg of 4-AcO-DPT total, and I'm glad I didn't finish off the rest.

4-AcO-DPT may be the most profoundly psychedelic substance I've ever used, and I've used dozens. Never before have I been so caught up within the inter-reflections of a moment like that. It was so strange. I found myself begging for forgiveness because I thought I had broken some law of existence. It was madness. I kept reminding myself to calm down because recursive thoughts began piling up faster than I could track them. It was as if my ego was falling into its own image in an infinity mirror. I'd put my fingers to my jugular to take my pulse and find I was perfectly calm, but I couldn't believe it because the rate at which I was reflecting on my own abstract notion of self was bordering on being physically painful.

"What have you done?" (what am I asking?) ... I'm so lost.

Things were happening so fast I felt vibrated free of the process. Ultimately I had to scream out inside myself:

"You can STOP . THINKING."

And I did stop, or a part of me did, but this telescopic projection seemed to somehow continue ahead in time then fall back to the present moment as a shattered temporal echo of my identity. At that point I was simply astonished by the joy of being, and I felt like the surface of a lake in the rain.

Just wow^ !

I get a pronounced feeling of holyness from DPT, I get why it is used as a sacrament...
However DPT is jittery for me, as if I am trying to pull off a megaton rocket launch in a go-kart.

How does 4-AcO-DPT compare with that? And I wonder if lower dose IM would prove to be workable or if it is just qualitatively like that with that ROA.
e.g. IM 5-MeO-DMT feels to me like it couldn't be in the league of manageably mild however you dose it.