• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DPT Thread

the 4-aco-dpt wasnt too expensive, though I had to fork out for a decent amount. Ill experiment this coming week and do a full write up of the 4-ho, then the 4-aco the following week. egor/psood0nym, YGPM

This thread should probably be grafted to the big and dandy 4-ho-DPT one until it can stand on its own.

Egor, I know you've used both. Do you notice any differences between the 4-AcO and the 4-ho? Early indications seem to be pointing to the 4-AcO being more potent, strangely enough (though other things could explain it). I've only used the 4-AcO, and just tonight too--posted in the B&D after the peak.

16mg insufflated over 40 minutes resulted in a mild to moderate strength trip. Effects were felt within 3 or 4 minutes of the first 4mg bump. I'd estimate that each bump plateaued within a half hour after insufflation. I still feel a change in headspace now 4 hrs after the first dose, but it's in steady decline. More DPT than psilocin for sure. Given that there's already lots of psilocin-alikes, that's a valuable quality.

^I find little variance between the 2, but I have still not had a full strong +2 or +3 get to know the character of each individually. The biggest difference seems to be that 4-ho-dpt tastes FAR worse during the drip. I'll have to do an oral trial of each next to better feel out each chemical...

This stuff has a non-existant dose/response curve. A dose that is barely a threshold on one day is a solid+2 on another. This compound is hard to get a good feel for, but I'll sure as hell keep trying;)

other notes so far

-repeated doses dont seem to diminish the effect, and overall its cumulative
-mixes well with low dose MDPV and JWH-073
-Doesnt interfere with sleep as much as other 4 position indoles I've tried
-comes on very smooth compared to other 4 position tryps
-feels quite benign so far, though I have yet to really push the dose. nice euphoria
-doesnt have as much visual activity as other 4 position tryps (other than 4-ho/aco-dipt) at similar intensity levels
-the visual effect is limited almost entirely to distortion (morphing, twisting, rippling surfaces, etc), little to no patterning is present, even with eyes closed or in low light.

Last edited:
^ That's interesting, thank you for the nice and informative post. Please keep us posted as you keep upping the dose.

I have a feeling this substance might show it's real beauty (and power) at higher dose levels. It is pretty much the same with DPT (at least for me) - it feels really benign and heady at lower doses, but if you keep pushing the dose it gets strongly visual and powerful - and since there definately seems to be a correlation between many of the other dialkyltryptamines and their 4-substituted analogues, it would be reasonable to assume that it might be similar with DPT and 4-xx-DPT. Possibly, the 4-HO version might be less benign than the 4-AcO, which also seems to be the case with 4-AcO-DMT/4-HO-DMT, and 4-AcO-MiPT/4-HO-MiPT, amongst others.

But all this is merely speculation, of course. It would be exciting to get more information on this substance. I will also be looking forward to trying it myself, which might not be taking place in very distant future actually.

This stuff has a non-existant dose/response curve. A dose that is barely a threshold on one day is a solid+2 on another. This compound is hard to get a good feel for, but I'll sure as hell keep trying;)
I get the same capricious behavior from DPT. I've still only used this stuff once (now that my school/work load has declined that should change), but my 16mg insufflated experience is in line with your assessment.

Though most of the other measures of a trip's power were subdued at 16mg, I found the emotional and synaesthetic effects (manifested in me as hearing/musically-feeling the largely unformed phonetics of words that described what I was feeling during the trip) fairly pronounced.

egor, at which doses have you already tried it?

6mg
12mg
15mg
19mg (yesterday, best trip with it yet, though not neccessarily intensity-wise...)
25mg

On 19mg I noticed a very distinct "breathing" of the wood grain while repairing the portion of my fence my dog has been trying to eat through to fuck my neighbors dog, and the grain would become translucent and overlap. Other than that and some trails, my vision seemed sharpened, not altered. Got 6 walleyes between 16" and 23" while it was still coursing through my system too. Very malleable. Should mention I smoked about 40mg of JWH-073 throughout the day too.

DPT is one of the best psychedelics, IMO. That makes me really interested in 4-ho-dpt. I don't know if it will be anything at all like dpt, but I'd love to find out.

DPT seems to be better than mipt, dipt, and det. I've not tried the latter three, I am just going by trip reports. Maybe 4-ho-dpt will turn out to be the best of the 4-ho tryptamines.

what would you say is the best 4 substituted tryptamine?
or the best 4-aco tryptamine?

very interesting... and how is the duration of this compound?

2 1/2-4 hours with a single dose and I've kept it going up to about 7 with multiple doses. I still have not gotten a chance for an oral trial for comparasin yet...

Plugged seems far weaker than insufflated

I hoped to IM 15mg of 4-AcO-DPT this afternoon. I was able to get 2mg to go into solution by raising 20 insulin units of 5% acetic acid to boiling with it in it. I then added 13mg more, 10 more insulin units of acetic acid, and about 50 units of saline, hoping to end up with a solution that I could inject without neutralizing. I brought the mixture to a boil, but not all the 4-AcO went into the solution. Then something came up and I learned that this afternoon might not be the best time for what I anticipate could be a high +2/low +3 experience.

Since I wasn't going to inject it, couldn't insufflate it, and an oral dose at this level is a waste of this rare and finite compound in my opinion, I plugged it to see how the ROA worked, sure that it would be short of IM intensity and that I could function reasonably well in the case that "the thing" did come up. Onset took 15 minutes, and now I've plateaued at a +1. Insufflation of 16mg was far stronger than this. I won't plug this material again. So far, judging from others' reports and my own limited experience, IMO insufflation is the only ROA that has been proven practical and sensible; I'll try different ways of getting it into solution when I have a better opportunity.

Last edited:
so any more thoughts on why this one is so much less potent than its close relatives? Would the hydroxy also likely be of similarly low potency?

A small batch was available in 2000, and I was gifted 150mg. I took it as high as 70mg and only then did it get into +++ territory, and still managable. Also, all the 4-Ho-tryptamines (save iprocin) have a 'psilocin' signature. This one did not, it felt more more DPT/MiPT/DiPT.

@MGS: Are you referring to 4-ho or 4-aco-dpt?

I'd expect stronger effects than a nothing special ++ from 70mg of either orally.

4-AcO-DPT

I just got my hands on 4-AcO-DPT. However, there's almost zero information about it anywhere. I love both DPT and 4-HO-DPT and have extensive experiene with especially 4-HO-DPT.

I would like to hear if anyone have experiences with 4-AcO-DPT, dosages etc. I'm especially interested in how it compares to 4-HO-DPT, since it's my favourite RC tryptamine and it seems my source is down (fortunately I still have some in my stack). The only report of 4-AcO-DPT I've found is someone taking 25 mg and describing it as a "nice experience". I'm not someone who just likes to play a guinea pig with a compound theres's so little information about, but I'm extremely intrigued about the compound at the same time. Generally I love tryptamines (except 5-MeO's) and both DPT and 4-HO-DPT are pure magic.

Start low and work your way up, sure, that's my way, but it would still be nice to hear what others have to say about this intriguing compound (expensive and quite rare, admittedly).

I'd speculate, given other similar substances, that it's likely to be a very very similar experience to 4-HO-DPT, but with a somewhat longer duration, a slower come up, and probably a slightly higher dosage for an experience of equal intensity.

That said, I don't have experience with either 4-HO-DPT or 4-AcO-DPT myself, so I'd love to hear anyone's experiences.

My usual doses with 4-HO-DPT are 50 mg for a moderate trip and 100 mg for a strong trip. I think I'll start with testing with 25 mg and then bump the dose. It will be a few weeks before I try it, but I'll definately write a report here and a comparison vs 4-HO-DPT.

I must say I'm a bit saddened that 4-substituted DPT has gained so little recognition. They are magical tryptamines, very unique with much potential. TIHKAL even says that it's unsure if e.g. 4-HO-DPT even is active...I found that very strange. On the one hand there's the good side, few know about them so they're not likely to be of interest to authorities, but on the other hand 4-HO/4-ACO-DPT are very expensive and not so easy to find (= very little or no information about them).

Edit: Just snorted 25 mg. Nice stuff :) There's definately potential in this stuff. It's a shame it's so expensive though.

Last edited:
I've tried it a few times. There's no difference between it and 4-ho-DPT that I can't attribute to natural subjective variance between trips, but Jesusgreen's comments account for the general trend in differences between the ho and AcO versions of 4-subs and it likely holds here. The 4-AcO version is probably also more stable. Just treat it like 4-ho-DPT (50 mg rectal or insufflated for a solid idea of what they're about, with insufflated being a little more potent).

It's a shame there's no salt of the two versions made yet that's both stable and readily soluble in water (there's one report of the ho being injected using a very high volume of water, though, but that sounds unpleasant). If they could be injected IM easily it would bring down the cost per dose quite a bit. I've been using psychedelics for 15 years and the two 4-sub-DPTs may be my favorites (certainly I'd put them alongside DPT, 2C-E, and 4-AcO/ho-DMT in being worthwhile). They don't resemble mescaline, but they have the same subtle yet deep quality, like a haunting melody. They can evoke extremely powerful emotions and spiritual feelings without requiring a strong foundational intensity to the trip, just by "plucking the right chords." They're also highly unique, having more of a DPT signature instead of the psilocin-like qualities of most other 4-sub-tryptamines. I recommend either in combination with aMT.

The big and dandy thread (type "big and dandy 4-aco-DPT site:bluelight.ru" into google or use the Psychedelic Drugs Index link flashing at the top of the PD page.)

Last edited: