• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

I've had a couple of anxiety attacks after smoking waaaaaay too much on a few occasions (i.e. giant steamroller hits that sent me straight into oblivion), but other than that, I don't really have anything negative to say. I mean, I've probably spent way too much money on weed, but I don't regret it one bit.

I've had to quit smoking for the time being due to a multitude of reasons, and while it's not bothering me as nearly as much as it did a few weeks back, I miss it. I miss it a lot.

masonyoung said:
I'm sorry, but I've got to say it. It sounds like the problems being discussed, go way beyond the realm of marijuana use. It might be wise to persue and/or investigate other causes/sources of your laments, before basing the relationship to your "problems" on weed.

nor would i place the blame soleley on weeed yeah right, im a pot advocate i blame most of my hangups on the chems like MDA, MDMA and pharms (uppers downers n in betweens) I have both physical & mental addiction 2 pot.. Even with taking my apprporiate medications ran outta weed last nite = no sleep, thats right not a sound wink let alone 40, im not saying weed directly fucked me up.... just sayin could be (i certainly bielieve) not at all helping :\

For me personally, I havent noticed any ill effects from my long term use. But when you look at my School pictures...GAH I started smoking in the 6th grade. In my 6th grade picture, I looked like such a nice little buy, all clean, smiley, eyes were clear. But by 7th grade I was a little scragglier, hair a little out of place, eyes a little un focused.

But all through highschool, my pictures looked like someone took me aside and kicked my ass before sending me out to get my picture taken. I had long hair by then, which was never combed, I had zits, eyes half closed, sometimes all the way closed. And these were taken while I was sober,

It's a baby! said:
I just know that after smoking daily for a few years, I'm basically a hermit. I'm not anxious of people, I'm just easily irritated with them and don't really like company besides a few of my close friends - and even them I hardly ever hang out with when we don't have bud (but then again we always have bud 8)). I spend most of my day inside the house reading books and listening to the radio, and my life is completely routine, but I like it that way; at the same time being alone with my thoughts for the majority of the time has kind of fucked with my head a lot (don't want to get into details, the specific things I'm talking about are really embarrassing and I'd probably never tell anyone). Just too hard to say if it's the bud or just me. In some ways it helps me out, makes me feel happy and forget everything, but it's become more like a crutch than a boost, and the more I smoke the more intolerable sobriety becomes.

I have had this exact same experience. Word for word and step for step.

one of my close boys has gotten to the point where if we're kickin it and he aint high then he's in a bad mood and all he talks about is smokin a blunt. his temper has gotten rediculous sometimes when he isnt high

I decided to try weed peanut butter, and it did end badly. My body just couldn't absorb all the thc and i started to puke violently right before i passed out,
and woke up with the worst headache of my life. I won't use this method again, because i hate the smell/taste, but I made weed peanut butter. I simply
chopped up a bud (don't know how much it weighed or it's potency, but i bet it was maybe between 0.75g - 1.5g's, it was a big bud) finely. Then i put in it some peanut
butter and made sure all the weed was covered up by it. Then i popped it in the microwave until the weed was brown/almost black. It didn't taste so bad the first time. I ate the whole thing like pudding, not knowing what would come. After maybe an hour, I felt not much more than some mild sedation.
So i'm like fuck this shit, never doing it again. Then I decided to go for a walk. This is when the fun started, and ultra time dilation began taking effect.
I was half way up a steep hill to the avenue, and i decided to call my friend. I couldn't talk coherently at all. It was like half gibberish half laughter, and i couldn't
form a single coherent sentence no matter how hard i tried. I just hung up and continued walking.
When I was on the sidewalk of the avenue, i was almost peaking. It's difficult to describe, so bear with me. Everything seemed much bigger than it really was,
and it had everything seemed "bright". It just looked so much more beautiful than it really was (I live in a suburban town). You'd have to experience it yourself to see what I mean. I've had the best time of my life, and all it consisted of was walking to the ghandi mart and back. As I was getting near my home I was so fuxxored and nauseas my body just couldn't absorb any more THC.It felt like all the blood left my body, especially my legs. I had almost zero coordination and i can't believe i made it down that hill. So heres basically the positive and negative effects i've experienced.

- visual imagery manifested in my vision (kinda like hallucinations - i could see what i was "feeling" about whatever i was looking at, or what was going on in my mind)
- EXTREME euphoria :)
- brightened colors and indescribable alteration of appearance (kind of looked like what some people describe the high astral planes as looking like)
- physical size and time dilation (things looked much bigger, or smaller than they really were, and time went by really slow)
- bad cottonmouth
- severly decreased coordination
- uncontrollable laughter and smiling
- nausea
- hangover - head splitting headache
- simultaneous pleasant body feel and dissociation
- delirium/weird thoughts
- tunnel vision like effect

Despite the negative effects, it was very worth it. I would definately do it again, but i'll experiment more with the dosage to find the perfect amount.

Tsukasa: Indeed it is easy to get a much larger dose than expected from oral cannabis use. When you get the dose right those acute negative effects should be greatly diminished.

In general to the thread, I can make some personal remarks about long-term cannabis use (7+ years). Studies will indicate that cognitive impairment (in various response tests) will return to normal within 7 days of cessation (chronic users included), however it is difficult for experimental psychologists to analyze the long-term changes in cognitive-behavioral functioning. Essentially, over the period of using cannabis there can be many changes in your fundamental thinking regarding social experiences, work, education, life goals, yourself (ego), etc. that can in themselves become permanent or at least very long lasting following cessation.

Some people report they were social and extroverted before using cannabis and during/following use they become more isolated. At first the effect may only be present during intoxication. However, it is important to realize such changes; although it may be difficult if you started using cannabis at an early age since its hard to know oneself at such young ages to begin with.
Over time the introverted/isolated tendency may become dominant as your mind readjusts from continued use. This is just one example, the same idea applies to any cognitive patterns.

Personally, I am much more more concerned with the psychological harm that can come from cannabis than the physiological.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
^^^ It has an effect on my metabolism that's blatantly obvious. When I quit it for a year, I put on 15~20 pounds, which I shed right away when I picked it back up again.

I experience this effect strongly as well. In fact, I use marijuana (vaporized) frequently to keep my weight stable for boxing. During periods when I'm smoking daily, my weight stays very steady -- (almost) seemingly independent of caloric intake. Its quite bizarre actually.

During break periods, however, my weight fluctuates all over the place and I find it very difficult to maintain a steady weight.

Its certainly taken its toll on me physical cause i can feel it makes me tired alot but i dont know about mentally.

No.. well, not my friends, actually.

My closest friend who smokes is actually doing pretty good in school, and she's not the kind to get into much trouble. She seems like a normal, functioning girl any time.

Other kids I know that smoke are all slackers, they fail classes, etc., but that's probably because of the people they associate themselves with.

Who you hang out with really affects your attitude, whether weed is involved or not.

No. Lazy people who smoke pot stay lazy and active people who smoke pot stay active. It's not going to fuck you up and change you forever in my opinion, it can cause anxiety in some people and shouldn't be used to excess where it is fucking up someones life. Some drugs aren't for everybody (actually most drugs don't react well to everybody), but i don't believe it has really fucked up anybody (or that many) people that badly. People who are going to get fucked up and ruin their lives will use whatevers easiest to get and that they like to do the best, and people can do that by smoking pot, using coke, heroin, gambling, internet, sex, etc. there are many ways to fuck up your life but you are the one making the decisions not the vice that you are using more to excess which is why your life is getting fucked up in the first place. but i don't know anyone personally or heard of anyone who's been ruined by pot, but i'm sure someone has because people can take anything to excess or use things they know don't react well with them even after realizing it still abuse it, but i think like with most things pot is somewhere on the scale from 1 to 100. harder drugs will fuck up more lives be up on the higher end of the scale, pot would be at the lowest end of the spectrum in my opinion. it's not addictive/enjoyable enough for someone to keep using even though it's causing them severe anxiety / nausea / headache / other uncomfortable effect and/or ruining their life to the point of being broke/debt, homeless, having severe health problems or debilitating mental problems, etc, but i'm sure there are people out there who've gotten to that point just because it would be a lie to claim nobody has, but i think pot would be a 1 or 2, on the 1 to 100 scale.... alcohol is maybe a 60. tobacco 75. heroin 80. cocaine 55. shrooms 3-4. acid 8-10. gambling 20-25, sex 35-40, etc.

Alcohol and tobacco has been the cause of death for many people i've known, some of which in my own family.

I have a prescription for Marinol because I get anxiety/pain/nausea relief from cannabis and my doctor feels that Marinol is better since it's legal but knows it has therapeutic value and isn't going to fuck up my life. However he knows how much cannabis i use per day and he knows my medical history and the first question he asked me when i saw him after getting his Marinol Rx filled was "how much has it lowered your anxiety" and i said (from 1-100 , 1 being best) it's lowered my anxiety from a 35-40 to a 15-20. before the valium it was a 75-90 on a daily basis, and valium dropped it down to a 30-40, and the marinol / cannabis definitely drops it down even further, and improves my mood, appetite, relieves anxiety and pain and allows me to focus on the current moment which is harder to do when you're preoccupied with other things like anxiety and pain and nausea. pot like everything has the potential to give someone the means to ruin their lives by devoting too much money and time abusing it, but pot is a drug but that has a much lower chance in my opinion of ruining a life than alcohol, heroin, cocaine, meth, mdma, benzos, oxycodone, hydrocodone, tobacco, gambling, unprotected sex, internet addiction, etc.

Last edited:
weed definetly has the power to ruin people, even though its not physically addictive (no withdrawl symptoms) it can be psychologically addictive... but only if you let it

i started smoking around when i turned 15, at the exact same time as my two friends (we bought a bag, rolled a jay and went from there) i can control my use, i get amazing grades in school and i dont have social anxiety and paranoia that comes with blazing often, one of my friends is pretty much like me, we can indulge on weekends but we can also get our shit together and get good grades (high honor roll, the both of us)
the other friend is a dirtbag now, we dont even chill with him anymore, he smokes weed every fucking mroning in the shower and hes visibly high almost all the time, he used to be smart and get good grades, now hes on academic probation and cant do anything, moreover, hes gotten in trouble with the police on more than one occasion
i have moved on and tried new drugs, experienced new things and i think i have a pretty amazing life, he just sits at home and smokes weed, id say hes an addict

the majority of people can control their usage and can keep their life in order, but theres some people who can fuck everything up with even the shittiest (read: weakest) drug

the problem is not in the drug itself, but in the drug user and his/her addictive personality

hmm, i've had plenty of friends get busted by law enforcement for it, but I haven't even heard of these other mental and emotional effects you're talking about! I really never thought that weed was even that big of a deal.

But now that you've got me thinkign about it, weed has caused some big changes in my personality. Not sure if that's good or bad...

I was already an anxious/nervous person. When I'm high sometimes it will get worse, but I can deal with it without too much complication.

I know a couple kids that are really out there. I'm not sure if it's from smoking weed all of the time, or if they're just partially brain dead.

No. Besides myself, I don't know anyone who has been fucked up by pot. I have suffered from mental health issues for as long as I can remember and it took 2 years of heavy pot smoking for weed to have a negative effect on me. I quit and then once I went back to smoking I could really enjoy it. But I'm the only person I know of who've ever been "fucked up" by weed, and even then it went away when I quit smoking it.

Never. The only people I have seen that weed 'fucked up' are weak-minded/willed people with a host of problems to begin with. I get high almost all the time and am praised daily for my wisdom.

kultron said:
Never. The only people I have seen that weed 'fucked up' are weak-minded/willed people with a host of problems to begin with. I get high almost all the time and am praised daily for my wisdom.

I don't consider this to be true in any way. It does not necessarily take weak minded people to be really fucked up by weed. While having any kind of latent mental condition helps, many types of peoples, both wise and stupid, have been fucked over by the 40 percent grade stuff I get around here.

This is from personnal experience. If you think you are so wise, perhaps you should stop for awhile, and you might realize you are wiser. I certainly found so.

I am in the middle of taking a break. Only difference, I leave the lights on less.

kultron said:

Well, todays the day your told your stupid. Thats just a ridicualous comment. You make it sound like people are to blame for having problems; sometimes, just sometime, its the way they are. Have some tolerance...

It hasnt really fucked me up so too speak, but it has had some negative effects which is why I don't smoke it anymore.

I use to be energetic and talkative, now I'm lazy and boring, I also now haven't got much of an appetite and have to remember that I need to eat because I don't feel hunger too much anymore, I think this is due to when ever I was on the munchies, I wouldnt really eat much, so over time i've learned to deal better with hunger but this isnt a good thing.