• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

PsycheDanic said:
This is just ignorance.

I would personally call myself a weed addict. I'm a daily smoker (4 - 6 bongs a day). The biggest break I've had from weed for the last year and a half was an 11 day break last year. I found it quite difficult, my thoughts going back to weed often; I would have bought some had I not been somewhere devoid of dealers.

Agreed weed is psychologically addictive. Its just something thats enjoyed so much that its hard to go a day even with out it, I have been off it a few days and it blows =\

Just like we have sex addicts out there and gambling addicts.

nycrosshairs said:
Typical post from someone who wants to be foolish enough to believe he can smoke weed all he likes and have no permanent problems. L0l

Heres a couple of thing you can do for the rest of your life (if your body doesnt degrade ) that will produce a nice affect without producing a negative affect on the brain overtime (like all recreational drugs do).

1. working out
2. helping old people
3. sex

Notice how smoking weed isn't on there.

Whoa there kemosabe. While I agree that excessive intake of ANYTHING isn't good (Confucius say...) and can cause damage, if you're saying that any damage marijuana causes is PERMANENT, I'm going to have to ask you for some hard evidence.

burn out said:
nice argument there. you've really made some good points. 8)

Thank you.. you too.

You know what.. i went back and read your original post and realised i completely miss read it.. my bad :/ I thought you said: People that consider themselves to be addicted to weed are by rule retarded.

But then again.. i still disagree with what you said. I mean, i myself have done coke to great disappointment.. thinking inside my box i would too state that coke is not addictive (well, apart from 1 line = next line = next line and ur never happy how high u are), but look at coke addicts.. they exist :p

rickolasnice said:
Thank you.. you too.

You know what.. i went back and read your original post and realised i completely miss read it.. my bad :/ I thought you said: People that consider themselves to be addicted to weed are by rule retarded.

But then again.. i still disagree with what you said. I mean, i myself have done coke to great disappointment.. thinking inside my box i would too state that coke is not addictive (well, apart from 1 line = next line = next line and ur never happy how high u are), but look at coke addicts.. they exist :p

i still don't think you understood the jist of my post. the point i was making is that saying that people who consider themselves addicted to weed are retarded is ignorant in the same way that saying that people who consider themselves addicted to cocaine is ignorant. i was using sarcasm to get this point across. i wasn't trying to say that cocaine or weed aren't addictive. if you look up the definition of addictive, weed and cocaine can both fall under its definition.

and so, i don't think admitting you have a problem controlling your intake of a certain drug means you are "retarded" as i listed examples of otherwise "intelligent" "succesful" people who have claimed to have been addicted to drugs. even drugs as mild as caffeine, as in the case of my father who is an engineer and a very smart person in many ways, yet he is addicted to caffeine and cigarettes. i don't think the fact that he's addicted to those things makes him "retarded" just like i don't think someone who is addicted to weed is necessarily "retarded".

burn out said:
i still don't think you understood the jist of my post. the point i was making is that saying that people who consider themselves addicted to weed are retarded is ignorant in the same way that saying that people who consider themselves addicted to cocaine is ignorant. i was using sarcasm to get this point across. i wasn't trying to say that cocaine or weed aren't addictive. if you look up the definition of addictive, weed and cocaine can both fall under its definition.

and so, i don't think admitting you have a problem controlling your intake of a certain drug means you are "retarded" as i listed examples of otherwise "intelligent" "succesful" people who have claimed to have been addicted to drugs. even drugs as mild as caffeine, as in the case of my father who is an engineer and a very smart person in many ways, yet he is addicted to caffeine and cigarettes. i don't think the fact that he's addicted to those things makes him "retarded" just like i don't think someone who is addicted to weed is necessarily "retarded".

Aahhh! I finally understand! Sorry! 8)

burn out, I agree with what you're saying.

Just a little tip for ya: sarcasm often isn't the right tool for the job in an online forum, especially one that values serious discussion. I'm not saying this to be a moralizing prick, but to save YOU the trouble of having to defend yourself if and when your post gets misinterpreted.

^I find that alot with the net-posting, and even e-mails with 'friends'-you know your intention, but sometime 'tone' isn't always conveyed correctly. Even people who know you can take things the wrong way at times. It's fortunate we can work things out, and come to an understanding. I believe thats what its all about.

I smoked marijuana for 2 years, on and off, was more of an occasional smoker, but became a nightly smoker for about 5/6 months. This is where I regret everything! A bug of gastro (stomach flu) was going around my neighborhood for about 3 weeks, since then I have never been the same again. I remember waking up for 2 weeks vomiting, having chills, nausea, stomach pains, heart rate would just go ballistic at times (usually after I eat or have a ciggarette).

Since then I have removed all alcohol, drugs (I still smoke cigarettes, it's the only thing that holds me together, but it's time to quit that as well).

I have lived a very normal life, being a popular guy at school and having a lot of friends. I am only 20 and am literally on the verge of suicide, I don't speak to my friends, I don't work, I don't do anything anymore... I just dot have any energy in me to be able to even play my favorite sport anymore. It's like my life has been taken away, sorry to sob over a forum but If I could repeat those years of my life, I wouldn't have gone next to anything illegal. My parents think I am screwed in the head, and I can see where they are comming from, when you dont feel the pain you dont know what it feels like. I was once a person who never thought anything like this could happen to me (you could call it iron man) now that it has It's ruined me.

My current problems are.

- Nausea all day & night.
- I can eat a decent meal, but some foods really aggravate my stomach.
- I cannot overeat
- I feel full really quickly.
- gastritis
- really dizzy/tired with heat

2 doctors of mine told me 8 months ago that I would go backto normal.... wow it's been 9 months and I am far from normal. Fortunately I will make my last visit to the doctors and my last call for help to anyone out there, if not it doesn't look good at all. Mentally I am stable, atm I am very unstable due to being restricted from a lot of things.

^^^^^^^ i read this post several times, still confused, so what exactly is the cause of your problems? the weed or the flu?

yeah his post makes no sense. it implies the flu caused his problems but then he says "If I could repeat those years of my life, I wouldn't have gone next to anything illegal" which obviously has nothing to do with the flu.

could you please clarify what you're saying, xeqution?

I've put a lot of effort into being the kind of marijuana user that defies the stereotype. I'm very physically active (and I used to ALWAYS smoke before exercising, including very serious distance running - induced an incredible motivational state), work hard, keep up with non-pot relationships, etc.

But, even when I get everything done and avoid all the typical pitfalls of the pot-smoker (laziness, tardiness, blowing off friends/girlfriends/family/etc.), I still find myself feeling like it has negatively affected my personality.

It's just difficult to quit when the negatives are so nebulous and lack any particular incidents to draw your attention to them. It's not like cocaine, which very obviously destroys your health, friendships and bank accounts (first hand experience with that as well). It's more (to me), like a set of five pound ankle weights. I can do everything I would otherwise, but I'm just not quite as good at them. I'm motivated, but not quite like I am when sober. I'm a very smart person, but that loss of short-term memory knocks me down a few percentiles. I'm not crippled or retarded, just a little slower and a little less smart. And these are the kind of effects that require weeks, rather than days, of abstinence to reverse, so it's hard to muster the motivation to fix a long-term problem whose negatives never really make themselves evident in the short-term.

I know a lot of others suffer with much more pressing issues (anxiety and depression, particularly), and I've dealt with those in the past. But even when I learned how to counter those problems, I was still left feeling a little bit "less-than."

I am in the same boat as "burn out" I smoked while I had gastritis also knowna as the "stomach flu", this caused me so many problems being:

- I feel nauseas 24/7, awake, lieing down, sleeping.
- I get sick if I consume anything *anything that goes down my mouth makes me feel like vommiting*
- I absolutely have no energy in myself what so ever, I played soccer a few weeks back and heart palpitations were the first thing I noticed after 5 minutes. (I play sports 3 times a week, even though I took marijuana I still kept my physical appearance).

My problem is now that
- I cant eat anything without feeling sick.
- I cant do sports without getting heart palpitations.
- I cant drink or smoke anymore (which I dont care about, but it's always good to have a drink). I also feel sick after inhaling anything... It will make me very nauseas.
- My energy levels in my body are depleted, there's no energy in my body to do anything, I make the effort to do my daily activities, although It just kills me after a few hours.
- Heat makes me feel like vommiting.
- Smell of marijuana or chemicals makes me feel very sick (I start farting excessively).

This all happened after I got gastritis, I quit marijuana instantly after that, Have been clean 11 months, I didn't feel any withdrawals.

I don't want to bore people, but this is what has caused me to practically be worthless.

I have seen 3 doctors, not 1 can find the problem, they do know that I am having trouble eating after seeing my iron levels and other useful information from a blood test. My body isn't absorbing the nutrients (is what I believe).

xeqution said:
I am in the same boat as "burn out" I smoked while I had gastritis also knowna as the "stomach flu", this caused me so many problems being:

- I feel nauseas 24/7, awake, lieing down, sleeping.
- I get sick if I consume anything *anything that goes down my mouth makes me feel like vommiting*
- I absolutely have no energy in myself what so ever, I played soccer a few weeks back and heart palpitations were the first thing I noticed after 5 minutes. (I play sports 3 times a week, even though I took marijuana I still kept my physical appearance).

My problem is now that
- I cant eat anything without feeling sick.
- I cant do sports without getting heart palpitations.
- I cant drink or smoke anymore (which I dont care about, but it's always good to have a drink). I also feel sick after inhaling anything... It will make me very nauseas.
- My energy levels in my body are depleted, there's no energy in my body to do anything, I make the effort to do my daily activities, although It just kills me after a few hours.
- Heat makes me feel like vommiting.
- Smell of marijuana or chemicals makes me feel very sick (I start farting excessively).

This all happened after I got gastritis, I quit marijuana instantly after that, Have been clean 11 months, I didn't feel any withdrawals.

I don't want to bore people, but this is what has caused me to practically be worthless.

I have seen 3 doctors, not 1 can find the problem, they do know that I am having trouble eating after seeing my iron levels and other useful information from a blood test. My body isn't absorbing the nutrients (is what I believe).

gastritis and the stomach flu aren't at all the same thing to my knowledge. the stomach flu is short lived, usually caused by a virus or bacteria. gastritis is a condition potentially caused by many factors but the end result is always inflammation of the stomach lining and it can be chronic, lasting months or years. have you been prescribed proton pump inhibitors to reduce the amount of acid your stomach produces? this is supposed to help heal gastritis.

also, while i am not one to question you since i have the same thing (i totally know what you mean about no energy in your body to do anything and the heart palpitations when doing sports) i want to know more about how your condition came about. was it a slow progression that manifested as you smoked more and more weed? how much did you smoke and for how long?

Hi,

It was a sudden onset, while I was smoking I got gastritis, yet I kept smoking for roughly 1 week after that, I felt like vomiting in the middle of the night and got really hot temperatures, I also had a lot of trouble swallowing anything without feeling stomach cramps which literally put me on the ground for a few minutes. I couldn't eat since they day it suddenly came. I went and saw my doctor, who thought I had an ulcer, so he did prescribe me a product called "nexium" which reduces the amount of acid in the stomach, I was also taking Gaviscon to replenish the stomach lining, during this time I managed to get a little better during this time - every time I would wake up I would rush to the toilet and squeeze it out for the first few weeks. Gradually that disappeared. my cramps & stomach pains are no longer there. All thats left is the nausea constantly day/night - no energy constantly - I can eat little amounts & junk food but not as I use to be able to.

I am not at all getting worse, I am getting better day by day, but it's been so long, I have quit smoking cigarettes today - I have gone complete cold turkey and so far it's all good. I will keep you updated.

I have been smoking for 2 years, not nightly maybe 1 or 2 times a week, for 6 months I smoked nightly (about 1/2 a gram a night) for around 5/6 months. I wasn't too heavy into it, but I did enjoy the occasional joint or billa. It wasn't slow progression at all, it's like you being totally normal one day, and the next day you have been hit by the sick train.

Last edited:
For me, it's been nothing but positive. When i smoke weed my mind automatically sorts my problems in my life (don't ask me how) in a way that i understand what i'm doing/feeling and makes sense of it all and gives me a solution to the problem, but this only happens when i'm sitting down listening to music or sitting outside in garden not playin a game or watchin tv. It has also helped my mothers relationship with me, we grow weed together, she buys me ganja, and we have conversations about it.

I was actually in denial about my possibility of being Bipolar (which i may or may not be, still not sure), i smoked weed one day, thought about it and couldn't stop thinkin about it til it sorted itself out in my mind. Its really had nothing but positive effects on my life. It has also helped to open my eyes to the true personality of my father (who is extremely Bipolar) and how i can't take what he says seriously and let it upset me because he doesn't know what he's saying.

But a few friends of mine literally fiend over weed. They let it run their lives like it's crack. I think they do this because they have nothing to do when theyre done school/work and they just think about getting high and not other things. If they had more in their life i think they wouldn't be "addicted."

Lady Codone said:
Okay, I see a lot of people blaming a lot of things on weed + addictive personality/underlying mental problems. My question is this: is weed the ONLY drug you put into your body? Do you drink, use caffeine or tobacco or other illegal drugs? Alcohol destroys liver and brain cells, as well as aggravating ulcers, IBS, and other bowel problems, so if you drink, consider this as the cause. There is no scientific evidence that marijuana causes ANY type of intestinal damage. That's not to say it's not real, but when you look at unbiased scientific and medical evidence, you'll see that marijuana is among the safest substances in the world. Safer than aspirin, caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes, and fatty foods, and...you see where this is going. If it was really so bad for the immune system, lungs, brain, and personality, why are states increasingly decriminalizing medical mj for patients in the illest of conditions based on scientific studies proving its benefits in treating everything from glaucoma to AIDS wasting syndrome to anxiety to cancer treatment side effects?

On the flip side, there is some evidence suggesting that cannabis brought out or worsened schizophrenia in a couple of people with a genetic predisposition to the disorder. There's no account of it causing cancer of any type, even in long-term (30+ years) heavy smokers (5+ joints a day), so that can also be "thrown out the window." As with ANY activity, smoking weed in excess is not wise: it can irritate airways, cause short-term memory impairment (while high mostly), as well as being expensive and putting a person at risk for arrest, as it's illegal. The problems with weed usually come from overuse, use in the wrong setting, and increased doses in people with mental problems.

Moderation is the key to everything! I hope everyone who's experienced negative effects from this wonderful plant recovers fully! Bless.

Just because weed has a better therapeutic ratio than caffeine or aspirin doesn't make it safer . . . I've never seen anyone drop out of school from a bad coffee habit. I agree that physically, weed is fairly safe (still will give you a "smokers cough"). Mentally though, weed definitely does some things. I don't know if weed messed with my head or if I was like this before I started, because I started when I was like 14 and it's hard to remember what my mental state was before then.

I just know that after smoking daily for a few years, I'm basically a hermit. I'm not anxious of people, I'm just easily irritated with them and don't really like company besides a few of my close friends - and even them I hardly ever hang out with when we don't have bud (but then again we always have bud 8)). I spend most of my day inside the house reading books and listening to the radio, and my life is completely routine, but I like it that way; at the same time being alone with my thoughts for the majority of the time has kind of fucked with my head a lot. Just too hard to say if it's the bud or just me. In some ways it helps me out, makes me feel happy and forget everything, but it's become more like a crutch than a boost, and the more I smoke the more intolerable sobriety becomes.

Last edited:
It's a baby! said:
my life is completely routine, but I like it that way; at the same time being alone with my thoughts for the majority of the time has kind of fucked with my head a lot

Sounds all to familiar. Its amazing how you can get so sick of yourself even if you are the only one in your world. This machine doesnt help things.

burn out said:
yes, weed totally fucked me up physically and mentally and essentially ruined my life. it's been 2.5 years since i smoked and i am still suffering from residual affects. it's partially my fault of course for continuing to smoke even after i started to get negative affects but i also blame all those people and websites that say there are no permanent affects and once you stop everything goes back to normal because if i had known i wouldn't go back to normal, i never would have continued to smoke.

physically weed caused me the following problems:

- postural orthostatic hypotension
- gastritis
- lung damage

mentally it caused me the following the problems:

- anxiety
- paranoia
- panic attacks
- constant burnt out/perma-fried feeling
- head pressure
- subtle cognitive and memory impairments

these are just the lasting problems, i won't even get into the problems it caused while i was addicted. i'd just like to know if anyone else has experienced symptoms like these even after quitting weed? most specifically, i'd like to know if anyone else has experienced gastritis (or stomach problems in general) because while most of the things i listed seem fairly common among marijuana addicts, most other addicts i've talked to didn't get the gastritis.

anyway, the idea that this drug is harmless needs to be thrown out the nearest window. it did far more damage to me than all other drugs combined. sure, it's safe for most people when used occasionally, but when used heavily, its has the potential to really screw you up just like any other drug.

you have pretty much described one of my friends exactly its almost scary!

ok this is a tough one for myself.... yes and no, eg i realise now i have a dependance on the shit, been a long time smoker an am to the point now where for physical reasons i am dispiseing to smoke, although i have no choice..( i would rather eat it)..am on benzos @ the moment also 4 anxiety relating directly 2 the smoking of the grass and its physical implications i feel... bottom line u dont want me not 2 have pot.... the last time we ran out the night b4 and had troubles kicking on... by the afternoon the cops had arrived as me and tha chick i live wit( a smoker also)
had been screaming bloddy hell @ eachother for hours....prick dogs took me off 2 nambor general 4 mental assesment. they sent me away that night with some vals n anti psycs sayin i was fucked on the val's.. yesterday... ran out of smoke had trouble kicking on..day of sher hell im toataly surprised the pig dogs didnt come again even after takin 1: a benzo(now xanax), 2: the max dose of the anti psyc for my weight by lunchtime was to say the least "fucking psycotic" have been off b4 although it bee a short period (a few weeks) the withdrawals were fucked up (once again thank fuck i had temazepam 2 sleep) even then broken and sweaty feeling all morning grumpy asshole, this time 2 yrs ago i wasnt goin off head as bad... i have always been an advocate of weed and think i always will be BUT definitly only in the form of eating. i place much of the blame on these "pharms" that were dished out to me, while still aknowleging weds roll over a VERRY long period of not use but abuse in causing my current probs... i am although confident if i am 2 come off weed again completly for lets say a month ONLY to kick the smoking habbit..(chucks the cigreettes right out the door no probs then also) i will b sooner rather than later be relocating myself to a state where its not criminal to have the shit to begin with ( a head fuck in it's self, weed dont cause the paranioa..... the pigs heat does etc) and persue sweet mary jane in tasty treats and drinks as god gave it 2 us for.as legaly and as RESPONSIBLY as possible, never have 2 run out n never have 2 smoke again:! if only this day could come sooner rather than later as i feel im wrecking my health so in ocnclusion can weed fuck you up??? most definitly with long turm Abuse of the stuff like anything else... hope 2 b posting back here when im @ the sage where im using hapily & responsibly.. use anything with care thats natural i say they all have there purposes 4 mankind..just use responsibly :)

I'm sorry, but I've got to say it. It sounds like the problems being discussed, go way beyond the realm of marijuana use. It might be wise to persue and/or investigate other causes/sources of your laments, before basing the relationship to your "problems" on weed.