• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

Pimp Lazy said:
Weed obviously does something. It's a drug. It has side-effects apart from being baked. Being baked is a chemical effect. It just doesn't do what BO says it does. The system that weed interacts with cannot, does not have the capability, does not interact with or interfer with these processes. I'm going to suggest the radical alternative that you're not special and that maybe you developed symptomology of depression while you were smoking. But all the same every thread turns into a I'm special, but oh no I'm just stating this one minor point, but then you take over the thread and don't say shit. It's annoying.

Peace,
PL

do you mean the cannabinoid system? because cannabinoids do interact with cardiovascular function, anxiety, cognitive processes, the gastrointestinal tract and (obviously when smoked) the respiratory system. this is all fact, not a matter of opinion.

^^^ It has an effect on my metabolism that's blatantly obvious. When I quit it for a year, I put on 15~20 pounds, which I shed right away when I picked it back up again.

Pot has made me older! I started to smoke it about 16 years ago and interestingly enough my body has now aged also 16 years. I don't think that's a coincidence! Several of my friends have noticed this symptom as well. So keep this in mind when you start to smoke pot! You have been warned.

Weed never fucked me up, made me unmotivated at school but i was always a dreamer anyway.

I've seen people get fucked up from weed though, i think they had some underlying mental issues to start with.

Weed messes up my emotions for a good week. I'm slightly bipolar (everyone gets their ups and downs), but weed really, really pulls it out of me and I'll go from almost giggling to myself to being hopelessly depressed and unable to see the point in the most simple tasks. Having not smoked it for about 3/4 months I feel a much more rounded individual and (surprisingly) more relaxed. I'm also more motivated and less lazy.

From personal experience only.

Play safe.

burn out said:
do you mean the cannabinoid system? because cannabinoids do interact with cardiovascular function, anxiety, cognitive processes, the gastrointestinal tract and (obviously when smoked) the respiratory system. this is all fact, not a matter of opinion.

Right right... most of my knowledge of the endocannabinoid system comes from a research paper I did (20 pages!) on this system for a Behavioral Neuroscience course. The long lasting effects you attribute to marijuana most likely are not from marijuana. You also cannot prove that they are from marijuana. Caffeine can produce all those effects but you're not saying that does. You've become fixated on weed causing these LONG-TERM effects. Stress can also cause these effects in the short term. Your reasoning lacks concreteness and you push this view point, which is contrary to current scientific knowledge, in every fucking thread. I'm aware of the possibilities, but marijuana doesn't kill off glial cells and brain rewires itself once use has stopped. It's just plain, damn silly to keep it up. Where's your God now? WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?

PAX,
PL

Pimp Lazy said:
Right right... most of my knowledge of the endocannabinoid system comes from a research paper I did (20 pages!) on this system for a Behavioral Neuroscience course. The long lasting effects you attribute to marijuana most likely are not from marijuana. You also cannot prove that they are from marijuana.

i never claimed to be able to prove it. i am simply recounting my experience because that's what the original poster asked for.

Caffeine can produce all those effects but you're not saying that does.

why would i? this thread is not about caffeine, it's about marijuana and i don't consume caffeine (except on rare occasions when i eat chocolate). s

You've become fixated on weed causing these LONG-TERM effects.

define fixated. perhaps i became fixated on weed causing these long term affects because it did cause these long term affects? i am simply going by my experience. i am in the best position to judge what goes on in my own body. if you don't want to believe it, no one is forcing you to.

Stress can also cause these effects in the short term. Your reasoning lacks concreteness and you push this view point, which is contrary to current scientific knowledge, in every fucking thread. I'm aware of the possibilities, but marijuana doesn't kill off glial cells and brain rewires itself once use has stopped. It's just plain, damn silly to keep it up. Where's your God now? WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?

PAX,
PL

nothing i have said is contrary to scientific knowledge except possibly marijuana causing gastritis (although tobacco smoking is a known cause, so it's possibly due to the smoke and not the cannabinoids). however, the way i experienced it, it seemed to relate more to how cannabis interacted with my stomach. i had a normal stomach before smoking weed but when i started smoking, weed always made my stomach feel even better and if i had any pain or upset, marijuana would alleviate it. yet at the same time, it also tended to make my stomach more sensitive. for example, after smoking marijuana i would never consume alcohol because i could feel it burning my stomach too strongly. eventually, after years of heavy marijuana use, i began to notice negative affects on my stomach, namely delayed gastric emptying (scientifically proven to result from marijuana) and an increase in sensitivity. for example, foods which i used to be able to tolerate easily (like raw onions or garlic) would cause pain and upset and i could not consume alcohol without experiencing intense pain. eventually i was diagnosed with gastritis. it improved a lot after i quit smoking marijuana but my stomach has never returned to 100% how it was before i started. any other stoners experience anything like this?

anyway, i never claimed it killed off glial cells or whatever so your rebuttal is a straw man. it's very naive to believe that cannabis cannot cause or precipitate psychological problems in vulnerable individuals. in fact, science suggests otherwise.

It's not a rebuttal it's a, "Hey! Give it a rest homey. It's getting old."

Bisous,
PL

i haven't lost the desire to continue sharing my experiences with marijuana. if it's getting old for you, you're welcome to stop reading my posts.

I am shocked at how weed has affected some of you. I condiser it the perfect drug. Nothing like it. HOWEVER, I have been fucked for keeping it in my house and trying to grow it. Some people think they have something to gain by being a rat.... Oh, well only 8 more months till my probation is over and I will be back to my true love once again. Then maybe my opiate habit will slowly fade away. Crazy how you substitute one drug for another.

^^I'm an advocate of weed, butt...although it doesn't contain nicotine, the tar in weed is more than 10 x's as bad as cigarettes, unfortunately...and it's something I'm just going to have to live (or die) with cause I love to smoke it.
And I agree with you about substituions, I have in my life, tried other substances because weed wasn't available, that would constitute it being a threshold drug in some respect...It has more right (or just as much) to be legal, IMHO, than alcohol and cigarettes...

Pimp Lazy said:
brain rewires itself once use has stopped. It's just plain, damn silly to keep it up. Where's your God now? WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?

PAX,
PL

Typical post from someone who wants to be foolish enough to believe he can smoke weed all he likes and have no permanent problems. L0l

Heres a couple of thing you can do for the rest of your life (if your body doesnt degrade ) that will produce a nice affect without producing a negative affect on the brain overtime (like all recreational drugs do).

1. working out
2. helping old people
3. sex

Notice how smoking weed isn't on there.

masonyoung said:
^^I'm an advocate of weed, butt...although it doesn't contain nicotine, the tar in weed is more than 10 x's as bad as cigarettes, unfortunately...and it's something I'm just going to have to live (or die) with cause I love to smoke it.
And I agree with you about substituions, I have in my life, tried other substances because weed wasn't available, that would constitute it being a threshold drug in some respect...It has more right (or just as much) to be legal, IMHO, than alcohol and cigarettes...

i don't know if the tar is actually 10 times as bad, what makes smoking weed bad in my opinion is that you need to inhale it deeply to get the best affect. with nicotine, it's so potent that if you take enormous lung fulls of tobacco you get sick, rather than getting the best affect.

this study concludes that marijuana is only 3 times as bad as tobacco in terms of tar:

[As compared with smoking tobacco, smoking marijuana was associated with a nearly fivefold greater increment in the blood carboxyhemoglobin level, an approximately threefold increase in the amount of tar inhaled, and retention in the respiratory tract of one third more inhaled tar.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...=Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=3340105

burn out said:
i don't know if the tar is actually 10 times as bad, what makes smoking weed bad in my opinion is that you need to inhale it deeply to get the best affect. with nicotine, it's so potent that if you take enormous lung fulls of tobacco you get sick, rather than getting the best affect.

this study concludes that marijuana is only 3 times as bad as tobacco in terms of tar:

[As compared with smoking tobacco, smoking marijuana was associated with a nearly fivefold greater increment in the blood carboxyhemoglobin level, an approximately threefold increase in the amount of tar inhaled, and retention in the respiratory tract of one third more inhaled tar.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...=Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=3340105

Well I feel better already, I was basing my comment on thishttp://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/fasting-for-addiction/cannabis-smoking-pot-weed information...but I'll take yours

masonyoung said:
Well I feel better already, I was basing my comment on thishttp://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/fasting-for-addiction/cannabis-smoking-pot-weed information...but I'll take yours

i wouldn't trust that website. first of all, it's using data taken from new zealand where (i think) people often mix their weed with tobacco. since the article doesn't say whether they controlled for tobacco use, it's quite possible the subjects with lung cancer were also smoking tobacco. i say this because large studies have found no link between marijuana and lung cancer: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html second of all, it's a fasting website. i don't really see how fasting is going to make your lungs recover from smoking marijuana. it just seems like they are trying to promote fasting.

from the research i have done, the risks of smoking marijuana seem to be increased chance of respiratory illness, increased risk of chronic bronchitis, increased risk of bullous lung disease, risk of pneumomediastinum and pneumothorax (both very rare) and possibly increased risk of emphysema. there's no hard evidence that marijuana causes lung cancer even in the heaviest users, as far as i know.

wowitch17 said:
people that consider themselves addicted to weed are by rule, retarted. One of the least addictive drugs out there, and ive tried many.

This is just ignorance.

I would personally call myself a weed addict. I'm a daily smoker (4 - 6 bongs a day). The biggest break I've had from weed for the last year and a half was an 11 day break last year. I found it quite difficult, my thoughts going back to weed often; I would have bought some had I not been somewhere devoid of dealers.

I find it difficult to go even a day without weed nowadays. I know it's bad, and that I should quit, but I do find it very enjoyable. It makes otherwise boring situations more 'fun'. I'm also very obsessed with music, and weed obviously helps me appreciate it more. The two go hand-in-hand, if you ask me. But, yeah, I'm going off-topic...

Holidays from uni are coming up in a couple of days. Gonna try and cut down a bit over the holidays - not least because of the cash drain due to the weed smoking. Heh!

It's bad - I'd really, really miss weed if I wasn't getting high every day. It's just such an integrated part of my life, now. :\

Yeah, I'm foolish...

Anyone else in the same situation? Aware of their addiction but too stubborn to quit?

I find it difficult to go even a day without weed nowadays. I know it's bad, and that I should quit, but I do find it very enjoyable. It makes otherwise boring situations more 'fun'. I'm also very obsessed with music, and weed obviously helps me appreciate it more. The two go hand-in-hand, if you ask me. But, yeah, I'm going off-topic...

in my opinion, the musical euphoria marijuana produces is one of the main things that makes it so addictive to some people. at least that's how it was for me. i could smoke a joint, turn on the grateful dead and have instant bliss. then id lie down with my headphones on and drift off into an increasingly blissful state until i often reached the point of pure musical ecstasy. this high that i got from marijuana plus the grateful dead was at least as pleasurable as any opiate or stimulant high i have experienced. in some ways it was more pleasurable because there wasn't really an upper limit to it. the music would just keep making me feel higher and higher. so much beauty. you don't experience that kind of beauty when you snort a line of cocaine or do opiates (or at least i don't).

on the other hand, for people who don't really like music, i can see why they wouldn't think weed was addictive. i mean, after all, you smoke some weed and then what? being stoned can get pretty boring after a while if all you do is sit around stoned. music always defined the experience for me.

Some things I like fast

burn out said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html it's a fasting website. i don't really see how fasting is going to make your lungs recover from smoking marijuana. it just seems like they are trying to promote fasting.

More good information, I have to say though, when I quit smoking (cigarettes) in September, I did fast, and it was with juices and water, I found it helped me get the nicotine out of my system faster, no way of actually knowing if it did, but believing it worked for me...
But to still stay on topic..No..noone I know ever got f'd up, other than the intended way, from weed...My sympathies for those it has

Besides spending money on it, no. I haven't seen problems with my friends either.