• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

I smoke everyday and my job involves dealing with complex part numbers and work order numbers and all sorts of numbers.

I have no problem remembering anything and if you asked thr people I worked with they probably dont even know I smoke.

i dont think this guy ever touched lsd, he had ate mushrooms a couple times before but im pretty sure he just got some rinky dink mushrooms untill he got ahold of those 2gs that blew his doors off(ime its common in my area for people to actually finally get some real deal shit and flip their wig because they are so use to crumby product). i know of the story because i heard of the story about the 2gs of mushrooms that rocked his world, same mushrooms i get on a regular bases so i became interested into what was happening with him.

whats odd i went to school with his brother for the longest time, i also even met his dad a couple times was actually a president or something like that for my cities pee-wee football league growing up. was a nice guy from what i remember, my father even spoke to his dad a handful of times years ago.

me and my buddies also had another friend who did kind of the same thing, he was already kind of spacey and out there sober but after a couple mushroom trips(same mushrooms as the other guy) and continuous cannabis smoking he just went down hill. i even tried to tell him to cut back on the weed itd probably help and tried explaining to him that he didnt have to smoke as much as everyone else, etc. he never listened always went in 1 ear and out the other. i actually think the guy didnt ever listen to me cause i use a variety of drugs and he's one of the kind of individuals that look down on others for using different substances, like i possibly cant be right about anything because of that, he was that stupid at times though like if there was white powder around he would automatically think it was cocaine. last i knew the guy just sits in house making bird cages for his birds and we occasionally see him playing in his front yard with his little sister.

we have even said hello to him a couple times and he just kinda stares at us with this scared blank looking look on his face.

The only thing marijuana has taken from me has been a sizeable chunk of my short-term memory. However, I expect to regain much of my short term memory if I cut back enough or quit. I know it isn't good for my lungs, but due to studies I have read (too lazy to come up with sources) I am fairly certain cannabis does not cause lunch cancer when smoked. Obviously smoking any type of smoke regularly is bad. Don't get me wrong.

But what has cannabis given me? My appetite back. A large portion of my anxiety/panic under control. While under the effects cannabis gives me a general sense of gratitidude, which is invaluable when I begin to lose my temper. And without a doubt it helps with my insomnia. And there's no deny the euphoria eases my depression, at least for a while.

I honeslty do not believe marijuana has caused me to become a recluse, or to be a procrastinator, as I have been all those things my whole life, prior to drug usage.

Sorry to reply again to my own thread, but I guess what it comes down to is: in your case, drug x could either be a positive force or a negative force. And when it comes to cannabis, I think the pros outweigh the cons. But certainly, marijuana is not right for all, the same way some are allergic to pollen. (bad example, but you get my point, I hope)

Hey guys just to start off this thread has really been helpful and insightful, I was feeling alone as to how anxiety and depression could be working together with pot. Now I kinda understand how pot works to emphasize those anxieties. It's pretty fucked up how I feel right now, I cant even remember/ feel like rememberng the story I was gonna say. I feel like I've lost alot of who I used to remember myself as. I always thought that constantly remodeling yourself was the thing-to-do as a young adult. But now i just feel like an undone puzzle. Pot didnt do this to me, It was the excuse. Idk why i keep sabotaging myself, Its like im so arrogant and cocky that I think I can withstand all the excuses and burdens and it wont take a toll on me. Like im some type of god that cant be touched by anyone elses actions. But it does touch me... and I dont have enough energy/motivation to respond to it without overreacting. Whenever I talk with my friends nowadays its to get from point a to point b. There is barely any midway in the conversation, I talk to get to the end point and cut off the conversation as quickly as possible. And when we do talk, I take things personally, and would starting whining like a bitch. Now I just take it personally, and dont say anything. ...I used to fend off those negative thinking patterns, I used to be a beam of energy in the room, eager for a challenge/conversation. Now I see everything as a challenege, everything is a matter of power. Fuck I need to start working out again.

And i also get alot of paranoid / negative thoughts.. an example is i always think my girlfriend has totally gone off me but is too nice to tell me.

For the record.. These were not paranoid thoughts.. The bitch had gone off me but it wasn't a case of being too nice to tell me.. Rather.. too cowardly..

;)

I have generalized anxiety disorder from smoking weed all day every day for 7 years.

It lost it’s grace and started getting edgy. Then, it reared it’s ugliness one day. I had a severe panic attack.

The anxiety never fully quells. I can’t smoke, not even a hit anymore.

Weed has fucked me up. I regret it so much... Ever since I tried it things are different. I experience DID (dissociative identity disorder) and also extreme depersonalization, I don't understand who I was before smoking weed, I barely remember anything from back then and now It dosent feel right.
However, I tend to be extremely sensitive to drugs and weed, for me, presents more negative side effects (paranoia lethargy, apathy, weakness, loss of concentration, cant communicate how I feel...), so I avoid it. On the other hand certain drugs have given me a new identity wich I can live with. Mainly bupropion (wellbutrin), but MDMA helped a bit. Also, shrooms erased my DID completely! Its been 2 weeks and this new perspective on life hasn't changed. I guess it must be because I had ego death + an understanding of the beauty of carbon based life + creating a full symphony inside my head and hearing it play.. now I think of everything in a 'life is so cool'' kind of way.
But going back to weed.. I don't even feel good when I smoke so I stop for months sometimes. Its my least favored drug, but my reaction to it seems uncommon I suppose.

Sir, you have an anxiety disorder, not some physical disease caused by marijuana. "Constant burnt out/permanent-fried" feeling is tell-tale to GAD. plus you're listing particular physical symptoms (all of which are anxiety related too) meaning you've probably done intense research on the subject. Here's what happened: you felt an initial wave of panic after smoking, worried about it so much that your brain got into the habit of worrying about everything, then you started to feel strange and worried about those symptoms and now it's a big hot mess. That's how an anxiety disorder comes about. Trust me, I had a terrible, terrible trip on this RC called 4-AcO-DMT. For a year and a half after that I felt verbatim the symptoms you're describing. I finally found a good psychologist who explained everything. And here we are a year after that with all the symptoms gone. You'll be fine. All the worrying and questioning you do is what keeps it around. Anxiety is the No. 1 most tricky son-of-a-bitch you'll ever come across. It's a living hell, but in time you realize it's self-created.

You can PM me for more advice.

There are several people I know that have been affected by weed negatively, a couple more than the other.

Friend A started smoking weed maybe around 13-14 years old and began smoking it all day, everyday when he was 15 till about 16. I considered him as a very intelligent person, he still is, but he's definitely not like he used to be.

Friend B started smoking weed around 16 years old, he still does, and has actually grown a physical dependence on it.

Friend C started last year, he's 19, after him and his girlfriend of 2 years split up. He was extremely social, charming, and all the good stuff when it came to social interactions. He entered depression and now smokes weed everyday and cannot seem to enjoy life unless he's high. His intelligence definitely took a hit, possibly because he's high all the time so I have no way to assess his sober cognitive functioning, and he's definitely not as social anymore. I have difficulties interacting with him since he's always high. He claims that he's not addicted, or that he's dependent on it, or that he doesn't use it to 'escape', but he clearly does it for all those reasons. He's still smoking as of now, and I'm not sure when he'll stop.

Now for myself I've only smoked weed twice and it induces severe anxiety. On one of those occasions I hyperventilated and passed out -- I felt out of it for about a week. I cannot smoke weed.

I've seen cases of all 3 scenarios.

1) The guy who can smoke endless pot and just walk out all harm free like>
I have this mate called Eli, Eli smoked pot everyday for a year and half then decided he wanted to stop and just did. No withdrawals, no huge psychological effects. I'd say he's even walked out of the experience a better person.

2) The guy who got addicted>
I have another mate called Crem. Crem will literally no longer talk to you unless its about marijuana. Crem can also be prone to random aggressive outbursts with his friend who was also an every dya smoker. They've been like this for 3 years now. I don't know if Crem will ever get better.

3) The person who does it in moderation>
My boyfriend loves his buds. He's also been smoking since he was 15. So much so that when I first started seeing him he bought a fat 50 and smoked up at mine every day for 2 weeks. He hasn't ever however slipped into everyday smoking and completely gives it up over exam periods because it makes him sluggish. I've only ever heard him talk about the positive effects.

As for myself I try to smoke on rare occasions nowadays because I need to be in a very relaxed scenario otherwise it can bring on severe anxiety and depersonalization, something I get day to day in small amounts regardless. I got depersonalization before buds so obviously I do my best not to bring it out.

I guess what I'm getting at is listen to your body, if its harming you stop or slow down. People get hurt when they don't listen to the warning signs.

I'm fine without weed, but one joint will get me BLAZED for an hour and I'll be paranoid, anxious, random body spasms everywhere, and I'll shake like an alcoholic. Without weed I still get some spasms and I am still shaky, but no longer paranoid. Weed fucked up my school life when I was 16 (started smoking at 11) people would laugh at me and I could tell they knew I was really high. Classic burnout flunkey. I've recently quit smoking and I'll be 20 in a few weeks, I was wondering if these symptons of being perma-fried, spasms, and shakes will ever go away. I hope they do because they make my anxiety worse and when I see people I think they think I'm high because of this perma-fried feeling.

/\/\/\/\ My uneducated guess would be that all the negative effects will dissipate in time & you'll be good as gold...Colombian Gold Bud or Acapulco Gold...[J/K].=D

I think any drug effects different people in different ways. I've smoked it for years and I've never had any bad effects. I think it also depends on your frame of mind when you're doing it. When I'm stressed or anxious it feels differently then when I'm happy or relaxed.

Weed can be a great enhancer, but a lot of people don't really want to be under the influence with everything they do in life. Some people can lose that balance even if it is a totally different animal than harder more addictive substances.

You also have have criminalization factor where corporations can deny you your employment, benefits, or even your freedom.

I used to really enjoy smoking on a pretty frequent basis. I wasn't out looking for super-potent strains, it was more of a social thing and something that the ritual of it would lift my mood and get the dopamine flowing in the right direction. Ever since an unrelated health incident, smoking now causes panic attacks for me. I can start at a low intake and after a few days it is bearable, but it just isn't worth it at this time in my life.

Majority of people I see who have become worse from Cannabis use are those who started at a young age. Cognitive issues, social anxiety, etc.
I waited until I was 18 and its done nothing but help me.

Yea, I know some people who treat it like it's crack. You can sell them .5 of mids for $20 and they'll be back as soon as they have $$ to buy more, and will never complain..