• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

After 5-6 of smoking skunk I got full on 'cannabis psychosis' You know how your brain has an internal voice that puts your thoughts into words in your head right? Well I ended up getting 2 of these internal voices... It was so messed up, I couldn't relax arond anyone cause this second voice would be saying shit so I couldn't concentrate on even making small talk with family members... I went to rehab, quit weed completely and it took A WHOLE YEAR before I felt like it was going away and I could be 'normal' again. I think what did it is I wanted to quit so bad I got this drug called 'rimobant' or something which blocks cannaboid receptors in the brain so I couldn't get high, having had some success not drinking on antabuse.. A few months later it was taken off the market in the UK cause people killed themselves on it a lot..

Fuck people who say weed is harmless. Don't get me wrong, I smoke like every other day but I'm not that naïve to think that weed is harmless and 'a gift from god'. People who praise that just piss me off. I used to be stoned all the time and after I quit I noticed how much clearer I could think. I just feel like you're in a haze when you're stoned all the time..

I've seen so many people change (for the worst) because of weed, I seriously cannot stand how someone could ever say that weed is harmless.

Exactly. IMO it is like alcohol, get drunk say 2 nights a week no harm, drink 24/7 and your life is ruined. Anyway if I smoke everyday I don't get properly high like when I have one big joint no more than once a week.

Also, it is 17 TIMES more carcinogenic than ciggs. I know people who smoked from teens to early 40's and have got cancer and died as a result.

Also, it is 17 TIMES more carcinogenic than ciggs.

LMAO!! Now where did you read that 1? You probably read that cigs were 17 times more carcinogenic than weed. Show me a link to your source, please.

LMAO!! Now where did you read that 1? You probably read that cigs were 17 times more carcinogenic than weed. Show me a link to your source, please.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-511036/One-cannabis-joint-equivalent-smoking-20-cigarettes.html

I started smoking daily at 15. In the UK about 90% of the millions who smoke roll skunk in rizla paper with like 30% cigarette and 70% skunk as it burns better, faster, so you can inhale more in a drag. Obviously use roaches no filter. Take much bigger drags, half the time hold it in for 5+ seconds on deep tokes. After a year of smoking like that every morning I would wake up and immediately vomit clear mucus fluid blocking my airway. All this time I smoked 20 cigs a day as well, and within about a week and a half of stopping smoking weed the morning sickness would go.

Also I often had terrible coughs to the point I would throw up the mucus shit I was talking about.

Occasionally when I had well cured weed and blunts I'd smoke that instead but that still made me cough hard.

Lots of big commercial growers in Europe don't flush the heavy metal cancerous fertilizer out of their plants before harvesting as it bulks up the weight = more £.

Besides this, cannabis is a plant. Burning plants produce tar = cancer.

Also quite recently a top psychiatrist specializing in drug addiction gave me that 17 times figure he said had just been done in a big trial.

I agree vaporizers, brownies etc are completely different but the fact is that as most people in the UK smoke it like this will result in a lot more cancer due to people smoking cannabis.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I've never heard of people mixing tobacco with their cannabis in the USA. I did know that the Europeans smoke weed mixed with tobacco, as I have a good pal who lives in Athens.
I quit cigs about 5 yrs ago, after 40 yrs of a pack-a-day. I've smoked weed now for 43 yrs & have never had as much as a cough from cannabis. When I smoked cigs, I'd wake-up gagging...especially if I was drinking the previous night (quit booze about 9 yrs ago) or doing cocaine (which I haven't done in decades). My wife didn't smoke weed, but smoked cigs & she ended-up with emphysema...on oxygen 24/7.
I guess it boils down to your metabolism. I must've lucked-out...I get all my weed from several growers I know & they don't use any dangerous chemicals on their plants. I smoke weed when my day is done & I can relax. 3-4 bonghits is sufficient with the potent weed that my pals grow.
Thanks for the link...=D

I can tell you that for me weed gets in the way of my doing work, i went to college for two semesters and obtained 0 credits before i failed out, but at this time in my life i was also a heavy coke and opiate user. I must say though that it has helped monumentally with my bipolar disorder, (it tends to keep me on an even keil all the time) my insomnia and it helps regulate my Metabolism so i dont really gain or loose weight. Ive seen it do a lot of good for other ppl too, for example my cousin used to weigh around 300 pounds (hes 6 foot 4) and he picked up smoking weed again, maintained the same lifestyle and he dropped about 100 pounds in less than a year and opened up socially (although that may be due to the acid i fed him)

I have smoked for the last 12 years with only a few breaks here and there. The only negative effects are the hit to the wallet and the lost productivity from time spent indulging that could be directed to more goal oriented tasks.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I've never heard of people mixing tobacco with their cannabis in the USA. I did know that the Europeans smoke weed mixed with tobacco, as I have a good pal who lives in Athens.
I quit cigs about 5 yrs ago, after 40 yrs of a pack-a-day. I've smoked weed now for 43 yrs & have never had as much as a cough from cannabis. When I smoked cigs, I'd wake-up gagging...especially if I was drinking the previous night (quit booze about 9 yrs ago) or doing cocaine (which I haven't done in decades). My wife didn't smoke weed, but smoked cigs & she ended-up with emphysema...on oxygen 24/7.
I guess it boils down to your metabolism. I must've lucked-out...I get all my weed from several growers I know & they don't use any dangerous chemicals on their plants. I smoke weed when my day is done & I can relax. 3-4 bonghits is sufficient with the potent weed that my pals grow.
Thanks for the link...=D

I like your style mayne, I'm still on the cigs, waiting for my e-cig in the mail however, because it really does suck more than it doesn't.

Anyways, I feel like it's totally possible to smoke weed everyday without adverse effects, as long as smokers would just do what you do! If one wakes and bakes, why there just going to spend the rest of the day that they aren't high, wanting to get high again! And if they have the stash, they most likely will redose, and that is where problems start coming in. Don't get me wrong, I can have a splendid weekend day where I wake and bake and keep it going throughout. But there are tokers who do this regularly, during school/work/etc... It is SO MUCH BETTER to wait until all responsibilities of the day are done, even down to cooking dinner and washing the dishes afterwards to begin a toke, than to prematurely jumpstart the high.

The longer you wait, the higher you get :)

Exercise, exercise, exercise. Those who say it took a while for the anxiety/schizo effects to dissipate, did you run or swim or anything?? THC builds up. Even after the DSI effects wear off, there's still going to be pathways that are blocked in the brain. Any sort of cardio will shake those buggers off.

Thanks for the nice words, MonKeYDNA...I'm glad someone finally understands what I've been trying to convey. You know what I'm talking about & it's refreshing to see another individual who's on the same page as I am.
Thanks again!!...& btw, I hear you on the cardio exercising. My son & I go on daily walks around the neighborhood. Usually at night because the heat in the day is brutal (been over 100 degrees for the past week).

No weed has not fucked up my life in any way or anyone else for that matter, Its a gift from The herb Gods and we should respect is as much.

to the person who says THC or cannabis is carcinogenic is either trolling or ignorant, it actually causes cell death to mutated cells so it does the opposite of cause cancer. theirs numerous studies to point that cannabis only smokers have a lower risk of lung cancer then non smokers of anything so ur psudeo science is shit

source to backup cannabis only smokers ave lower cancer rates http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=casual-marijuana-smoking

more beneficial to your cells In fact, occasional marijuana use was associated with slight increases in lung airflow rates and increases in lung volume, the study found.

but i agree that it can make u lazy and burnt out. but it does prevent disease.

No weed has not fucked up my life in any way or anyone else for that matter, Its a gift from The herb Gods and we should respect is as much.

I'm with you on that, Hazey420!!

to the person who says THC or cannabis is carcinogenic is either trolling or ignorant, it actually causes cell death to mutated cells so it does the opposite of cause cancer. theirs numerous studies to point that cannabis only smokers have a lower risk of lung cancer then non smokers of anything so ur psudeo science is shit

source to backup cannabis only smokers ave lower cancer rates http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=casual-marijuana-smoking

more beneficial to your cells In fact, occasional marijuana use was associated with slight increases in lung airflow rates and increases in lung volume, the study found.

but i agree that it can make u lazy and burnt out. but it does prevent disease.

That's what I've always understood cannabis to be...an anti-carcinogenic.

It's a strange one for me. I used to over think the actions of people all the time, I used to listen to the patterns in their voices and try to understand what they were trying to convey or better yet; trying to hide.

When I started smoking weed everyday about 3 years ago the only negative effect was that it was harder to get up in the morning. around six month later there was someone who started smoking with us who I became too aware of. I would watch her every move and started to think she was trying to subconsciously seduce my partner. I put the paranoia down to weed. In the end it turned out to be true haha! once she went away so did the paranoia.

Weed all in all has seemed to stop my over thinking and tough me to relax a bit. It's brilliant at the end of a busy day.

The only negative effect it has now is that sometime I can't think straight and sometimes I get a little anxious. If I don't smoke for a day then it all pretty much goes. I have cut down a lot in the last 3 months, there is no need to be chronic :)

dreadlock.gif
Thanks Squid!
dreadlock.gif

i'm totally fine in regards to weed, like its not addictive for me at all. but for my dad it really fucked him up. we were talking one day and he said he got so paranoid and scared, it fucked him up more than most of the other shit he got hooked on later. idk why weed fucked with him...but for some reason it did.

i'm totally fine in regards to weed, like its not addictive for me at all. but for my dad it really fucked him up. we were talking one day and he said he got so paranoid and scared, it fucked him up more than most of the other shit he got hooked on later. idk why weed fucked with him...but for some reason it did.

Maybe it was all the other drugs that caused your dad to freak, Maybe a drug that he was embarrassed to let you know he was using. In my own personnel experience, I have used marijuana for 14 years with the only negative side affect being that I am quite lazy when I am using. I lead a normal working life and only smoke when I am done with work and don't have anything to do that involves me doing anything strenuous. It makes everything better, sex, TV, party, conversations. Everything!

i knew of this one younger guy who was going nuts, imo he already had pre existing problems but anyway the guy had been smoking quality cannabis daily for a while and he ate some really potent mushrooms a couple time.

1 of the times he ate 2gs, started coming up and started to panic. apparently they came on like a ton of brick, anyway he ends up calling people he knows demanding they get a ambulance come to him. he ends up without any cloths on and gets detained by police. i wish i had more details but thats all i really know about that.

im pretty sure he stopped eating mushrooms after that but kept on smoking cannabis daily, my buddy said he talked to him and said he was scared/paranoid as fuck and he was feeling like he was catching onto more things happening around him. the guy lived with his dad and brother and for some reason he said his dad would always cook him dinner and not his brothers. he said he started feeling weirded out that his dad would also make his plate for him first. apparently he thought he was catching onto something and he thought his own dad was trying to poison his food, he began to think his dad was out to kill him.

he ended up calling the police on his dad one night after he made his food, cops came out and talked to him and his father. idk what happened that time really but anyway i guess a couple weeks later he did the same thing again and they ended up taking him down to the police station and he was sitting in the waiting room and he was hearing a "beep" behind the desk that started making his paranoia pop off, my buddy had told me the guy said the beep was getting more and more high paced and he eventually started yelling out for help and that his dad was out to kill him.

i havent heard about the guy since that happened.

he ended up calling the police on his dad one night after he made his food, cops came out and talked to him and his father. idk what happened that time really but anyway i guess a couple weeks later he did the same thing again and they ended up taking him down to the police station and he was sitting in the waiting room and he was hearing a "beep" behind the desk that started making his paranoia pop off, my buddy had told me the guy said the beep was getting more and more high paced and he eventually started yelling out for help and that his dad was out to kill him.

This dude was, without a doubt, a total lunatic!! Did he do a lot of LSD in the mid-1960s? The guy sounds exactly like a guy I know who's a writer...did way too much acid in college & can barely form words. He can write superbly, but talking? Fugged-about-it!!

Cool post...I wish you knew if the dude's dad is OK. :?

i knew of this one younger guy who was going nuts, imo he already had pre existing problems but anyway the guy had been smoking quality cannabis daily for a while and he ate some really potent mushrooms a couple time.

1 of the times he ate 2gs, started coming up and started to panic. apparently they came on like a ton of brick, anyway he ends up calling people he knows demanding they get a ambulance come to him. he ends up without any cloths on and gets detained by police. i wish i had more details but thats all i really know about that.

im pretty sure he stopped eating mushrooms after that but kept on smoking cannabis daily, my buddy said he talked to him and said he was scared/paranoid as fuck and he was feeling like he was catching onto more things happening around him. the guy lived with his dad and brother and for some reason he said his dad would always cook him dinner and not his brothers. he said he started feeling weirded out that his dad would also make his plate for him first. apparently he thought he was catching onto something and he thought his own dad was trying to poison his food, he began to think his dad was out to kill him.

gnarly!