• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

i got really paranoid off weed (even when i wasn't high) between the age of 18 and 20 and stopped smoking completely after havin smoked prettty much daily since 13... but now i can smoke with no problems so it didn't do any permanent damage

Sure, I know quite a few people who keep smoking it even though it interferes with there lives. I have a few friends that have gotten in legal trouble over the stuff as well. Like it or not, it is currently illegal in many places. Something you have to deal with.

The only problems it has caused are problems with the law. Other than that, it's the best thing that has ever happened. I can't wait to get of probation and start smoking every day again.

I smoked pot for a long time for about all of high school then 2 years in college. Before I started I had everything going for me, I was great with the ladies, hell I was even an eagle scout. But now, even after not smoking for 2 years, I have to go to weekly counselor appointments and monthly psychiatrist appointments after having been so depressed that a few close friends and family members assumed (incorrectly) that I was on the brink of being suicidal. Some people can say that the two are not related, but I personally know that pot (and the people/lifestyle that it came with) have done this to me. I don't know it worked, or any of the science behind it, but I can say this. It's true that a lot of the propaganda about weed being a gateway drug and what not is false, but it does change people. Since then, I've been in trouble for un-related reasons, and can't smoke due to being on a diversion program which includes urin tests. It is just so sad thinking about my old self and then looking at myself now, then in turn realizing that the only way I can ever become even 1/2 as content with my life as I was then would be to smoke pot but I can't even do that.

All weed ever really did was make me lazy. I definently wouldn't say it "fucked up" my life, espechally since I only smoked regualrly for maybe a year 1\2... I wore sweatpants a lot bc I didnt feel like looking nice, and got some shitty grades in school, but that's about it. I still got into a decent college (somehow), and then I decided to quit smoking... idk, I just got tired of doing it, out of the blue, and stopped. To me, weed played a minor part in my life for a short period of time, and then it was gone... no big deal really. I really don't understand why it seems to fuck with some people so much.. the only thing I can conclude is that people are just affected differently than others by drugs. I could easily see uppers ruining my life (if I still did them), but certainly not marijunana.

Weed hasn't fucked me up - my parents would say it has, but whatever - I know what it's done to me.
My short term memory is not very good.
For 3 years I didn't deal with my issues about my childhood because I anaethetized my brain with weed...so when I stopped smoking for a period of 8 months everything all came out and I sorted shit out.
I've never had good self image so when I was smoking weed I wasn't helping myself, but I was never irrationally paranoid.

I've had a few friends who can't smoke weed anymore coz it fucks them up, but I think it's just that they smoked too much too young and weed brought out mental shit in them that would've otherwise lain dormant til god knows when =/

The only negative effects that I have experienced have to do with money and the law. Sure I went through a phase where I was anxious but I don't blame marijuana for it. I was anxious cause I going through a rough time in my life. If anything marijuana made me face my demons and helped me overcome them.

So thank you marijuana

Let me ask all you "weed fuck-ups" out there a question, did you start smoking as a kid or once you were an adult?

i feel like a lot of pot smokers are in denial about how weed has negativly affected ones life. I have experienced first hand and seen a lot of people i know ruin their lives on weed. The reason's have anything to do with things like being lazy to starting to smoke weed and then move on to addictions such as Oxycontin. I have seen some of the most outgoing people turn into fucking hermits.

Agree with the above poster. Just because you read on erowid and bluelight and all those other sites that weed isn't bad for you, doesn't mean it's true.

I'm so sick of you self righteous drug fucks who think you're enlightened because you take drugs and read erowid. If you have about $30 you can take most drugs, great achievment dickwads.

Don't get me wrong, I like my drugs. I love my weed. But that shit can fuck a nigger up. I've seen it happen to friends(not greening out, I mean long term problems).

You drug heralders pick and choose your evidence as badly as the government picks and chooses their anti drug evidence.

Last edited:
My friend is quite addicted, he now has no money for food because he spends it all on weed. He nearley failed out of university. Weed has fucked someone I know up.

however, as someone with a bit more age and experience, i can say that the people for whom marijuana tends to cause serious problems likely have been daily smokers for several years beforehand (here i'm talking about psychological problems rather than simply skipping class or missing work). you're not going to take a few puffs off a joint and become schizophrenic. BUT if you smoke a few joints every day for a few years, you very well may develop SERIOUS problems with anxiety, depression and social relationships. problems you didn't have before you started smoking. problems you likely will not have if you stop smoking.

so the people saying that weed's going to make you kill yourself or never be happy again are the exception. but the teenagers shouting "weed is harmless! you fucked yourself up!!" don't know as much as they think they do.

I have only read this page of the thread, but this pretty much sums it up in my experience.

Agree with the above poster. Just because you read on erowid and bluelight and all those other sites that weed isn't bad for you, doesn't mean it's true.

I'm so sick of you self righteous drug fucks who think you're enlightened because you take drugs and read erowid. If you have about $30 you can take most drugs, great achievment dickwads.

Don't get me wrong, I like my drugs. I love my weed. But that shit can fuck a nigger up. I've seen it happen to friends and experienced the ill effects of pot myself (not greening out, I mean long term problems).

You drug heralders pick and choose your evidence as badly as the government picks and chooses their anti drug evidence.

I don't think anyone has completely denied the possibility of problems arising from cannabis use. What they are saying is that all these issues seem to have been caused by something more than weed alone.

I don't think that pot caused me problems and I do believe it helped me through rough times. Does that make me a righteous drug fuck. NO. So why don't you think before you post.

I don't think it's fucked me up I still function. Having said that there's definitely some psychological addiction in me, I crave it and it takes a bit of determination to leave it alone.

I'm so sick of you self righteous drug fucks who think you're enlightened because you take drugs and read erowid. If you have about $30 you can take most drugs, great achievement dickwads.

Don't get me wrong, I like my drugs. I love my weed. But that shit can fuck a nigger up. I've seen it happen to friends and experienced the ill effects of pot myself (not greening out, I mean long term problems).

Wow, you said what I wanted to write (now I don't have to). I think the behavir is typical of younger people (15-21), who just haven't been in the culture long or have alot of experience. Those who have seen and know what people will do for mind altering substances geneally have been in the culture long enough to see all sides of it.

And I think its silly to use the "its natural" argument, so are poppys and supernovas. Personally, I would argue nature is everything in the universe, including man and our creations, so I'd say LSD, amphetamines, and opioids are natrule.

Unfortunately their will always be those who think because they trip, protest, and "fight the establishment" that their enlightened and superior.

weed hasnt fucked me up permanently, but Id definitely say that it contributed significantly to me flunking out of my first college. Now, i was also socially awkward, sporting a blue mohawk at a campus with the highest level of frat participation in the country, and generally uninterested in my classes, but the fact that I went from smoking 2-3 times a week to 4-5 times a day of really good shit did not help a bit.

that being said, nowadays I find it hard to function calmly and efficiently if I havent smoked that day

today for instance

damn economy

I don't have a drug problem lol, you coulda just went and called me naive instead of asuming other stuff that isn't true. I'm naive, no need to hide it =/

you mis-read. i didn't say you had a drug problem . . i said i understood if you judged someone else with a "marijuana addiction" as just being an idiot to begin with.

Let me ask all you "weed fuck-ups" out there a question, did you start smoking as a kid or once you were an adult?

i started smoking regularly at 17 or 18 (senior year) . . marijuana didn't cause me permanent damage, but it contributed significantly to a period of social maladjustment, heavy anxiety and depression. if i hadn't had the resources (social, financial, intellectual) to pull myself out of a hell of a nosedive, it would have definitely lead to more/bigger problems.

Last edited:
I changed schools for high school just so i could be closer to home and go home and smoke every break. I only kidding myself when i realised i wasn't at school ever anyway, so i left. I went to a selective highschool before that and was planning to go right through until my drug use. Now-a-days i feel really slow. I'm not sure if its from my past MDMA abuse or my current methamp abuse, i just have a really bad attention span and i have this problem that I ALWAYS have to be doing something, I always have to keep my mind occupied. I used to be able to lounge around home, reading a book etc. Now I'm never at home. If i'm at home its to eat/sleep then its back out again. I still smoke every-day and its been 3 years or something like that. Regret abusing it, don't regret using it.

Weed definately fucked 6 years of my life.

While smoking I neglected family, friends, duty, my health, the list goes on

I just didnt give a fuck because I was so high all the time

I'm in favor of people smoking weed a few times a year, but when it's daily there is a real problem. And I think that daily smokers who pretend they are not addicted and don't have any problems are lying to themself

I don't think anyone has completely denied the possibility of problems arising from cannabis use. What they are saying is that all these issues seem to have been caused by something more than weed alone.

I don't think that pot caused me problems and I do believe it helped me through rough times. Does that make me a righteous drug fuck. NO. So why don't you think before you post.

Never said smoking pot made you a righteous drug fuck? I clearly mentioned I smoke pot. And on a very regular basis. Weed can be a massive cause and trigger for alot of people's problems and in most cases just makes your problems a whole lot worse.

If you're retired and have all the time in the world to chill, then I think there are almost no problems with smoking the shit, aside from physical health crap and probably turning into a bit of a wanker.

So maybe YOU should think before you post?

P.S Read the guy above's post. Pretty much sums up the truth of it all. Read that and say weed doesn't cause problems mister 15 year old.