• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HOT-7 Thread

dangerous dose-response difference between peoples

I want to add a word of caution here, a men and his wife (both experienced in psychedelics) took both 14,5mg (scale weighted and diluted doses) of HOT-7 and they both react very differently.

The male got only very minor effects while his wife had a real bad trip that manifest itself really suddenly at the 2 hours mark (feeling herself dissoluting, thinking she was going to die, loosing her sanity, etc.)

Maybe there is some enzymes metabolism difference between people involved ?

So, when you dose this for the first time, it would be wise to test your reaction first with small doses.

here is the link to her trip report (in french).

Last edited:
Aeon - did you perchance take it with or just before have any orange or grapefruit juice or anything very acidic to drink? Acidic stomach environment can severely impede the absorption of phenethylamines (found out about this from researching warnign onn prescription bottle of dexedrine). Others have reported NO effects from large doses of 2C-I and when I asked they had indeed drank lots of OJ with the dose, thinking the antioxidants (vitamin C) in the OJ would have health benefits... good idea but not at the same time! Later they tried it again same dose, NO OJ, and zowwie! they were tripping their brains out.

I think this little known fact about phenethylamines may be behind alot of the differential reports out there of the same material. OJ/GFJ are so common and commonly used by trippers for health reasons, and some may take grapefruit juice thinking they will enhance absorption (it does with SOME drugs... NOT the phens however, opposite effect ue to acidic effect on uptake).

My trip report to follow at 15 mg pretty strong, as was rikki_tikki's experience. I would STRONGLY caution against taking 60mg of this at once. Perhaps what you got was no good? bunk? scam? Most likely an absorption issue.

Fast totally for 2 hours AT LEAST prior to dosing. Perhaps some NON acidic drinks for sugar or energy. Try it again at 22mg which is where 4 of 5 reports in PHIKAL were at with strong effects.

HOT-7 Trip Report:

A friend remarked "Strangely, it reminded me of a blend of narcotic and psychedelic: very warm and milky with the usual iridescent, vaporous quality to the atmosphere in evidence, typical of phens." as well as "This is a 'milk and honey' psychedelic. Very smooth with no body load--gentle in fact. Nonetheless, this chemical is deceptively powerful and sneaks up on you. It doesn't really hit until an hour after the dose, and peaks 2 hours after.... The duration is surprising." Quite accurate. So are reports (PHIKAL) that it gives somewhat of a feeling of alchoholic drunkenness, not hugely so, but that quality is present.

15 mg loose powder on the tongue down the hatch with a drink.

1st alerts at 30 mins. Mild stimulation, alteration in mental aspect. Lack of much increase by 1hr had me worrying I was going to be disappointed, but as friend indicates this substance seems to really take its time working. Gradually between 1hr and 2hr point felt steadily increasing psychedelic intoxication and feelings of pleasure and slight wooziness. Typical "phen"- ological color brightening and moderate trails/tracers (not as strong as 2c-i, the winner in tracer formation IMO). Come-up process made watching the film "The Spiderwick Chronicles" most enthralling. Also the feeling was fairly empathogenic, I felt pretty "lovey". I think this material felt closer to MDMA than does either 2C-I or 2C-E. At the 2hr point, by the time the movie was over, I felt a stong imperitive to investigate the CEVs, since during the last 20mins of the film every time I blinked or otherwise closed my eyes it seemed REALLY BRIGHT and HIGHLY ACTIVE inside there! So I shifted gears for an interlude of Eyelid Theater. Man! Rikki was right this one has very strong CEVs. In no time I was seeing multiple overlapping flickering organic imagery. At times I was flying over and through vast phantasmagorical forests on a mountainous landscape. WAY COOL! This seemed to alternate with intricate geometric (though still "organic" in nature) morphing patterns. The imagery fluctuated in strength, at times being somewhat eidetic in nature (not totally there but kinda flickery monochromatic stuff) to being explicitly concretely clearly "seen". Came down significantly by 5-6 hours in. Not much siliarity to 2CT-7 which I did several times years ago and never really liked all that much (but it was all I had so I eventually used it all up)... it was WAY overstimulating and jagged whereas hot-7 felt relaxing and smooth; also 2ct7 always gave me stomach cramps, diahrea, and after-headaches, NONE of which occured on hot-7.

I can see that 20-25 mg (where 4 of 5 phikal reports were at) would be VERY powerful and visually fascinating indeed.

I probably have about 23mg left and will let things clear out a bit so there are no cross-tolerances, then line up a series of CDs to listen to, get my best set of headphones and do it all for a really nice little Inner Mind Vacation!

Do this to read that french report in english:

http://translate.google.com/transla...owthread.php?t=5565&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=fr&tl=en

Also if you click on "page 2" icon at the bottom it will translate page 2 for you as well Very nice service!

Tha t said given my and rikki_tikki's very nie experiences I have a hard time under standing lady Panno's horrible experience. Perhaps it was the heat. Or dehydration. Or maybe she is just not made for tripping and tends to have bad reactions. Or perhaps sufurous type phenethylamine just disagree with her system really bad. This is the case with some apparently due to a genetic deficiency in the enzyme mentioned in one of the posts to the french thread.

Nice Dwayne, inspiring report. I hope to get some of this sometime although I have no idea how I will go about getting it. I'd love to add a report to the community of a very rare compound.

Yet another chemical theorized to be a simple prodrug of an existing compound which many people are saying is actually quite different. Then again, it may be a prodrug but I don't see any reason why the requirement to transform it into 2C-T-7 in vivo wouldn't produce a different in effect.

Regarding the extreme differences in experiences, I would say it's because we really are all affected differently as is often repeated endlessly by many in the community. If you look at any substance, common or uncommon, you will see experiences on all ends of the spectrum, even though usually a substance will provde a majority of either positive or negative experiences. Look at 5-MeO-AMT. Most people find it to be horrible, yet some say it's their favorite psychedelic.

Thanks for the report on this rare psychedelic and the info about OJ/GFJ, I didn't know about this...

maybe she is just not made for tripping and tends to have bad reactions

I think it's not the most plausible hypothesis as she's used to trip for more than 20 years and drink ayahuasca quite frequently, a brew known for it's ability to cause stupor.

The strange thing is that she already took 2C-B with 'normal' reaction. Actually, it's the first time of his career that she had such a sensibility to a substance. But I don't know if 2C-B and HOT-7 share some metabolism pattern ?

isn't 2C-T-7 known to affect people in very unpredictable way ?

Thank you so much for your report, Dwayne... well-written, too :).

lysergication said:
isn't 2C-T-7 known to affect people in very unpredictable way ?

Yes. All of the thiolated (sulphur-containing) compounds, such as the 2C-T-Xs, DOTXs (alephs) and I guess HOT-7 as well, tend to affect people unpredictably dosage-wise. Some find 10mg of 2C-T-7 to be a strong experience, while others, like me, get next to nothing from that amount.

samadhi_smiles said:
The problem with HOT7 is that part of it would like decompose to regular 2CT7 making it illegal to possess within the US (don't know about other country's drug laws).

So, the drug probably decomposes to t7 ex vivo as well as in vivo.
are you sure this decomposition also happens ex vivo? as far as i know, even the in vivo conversion is just an unproven hypothesis.

Received some HOT-7 this morning, will be ingesting around 20mg tonight. This is a trip-report from another forum by Thizz-Kidd, I've got permission to post it.

I bioassayed 15mg of HOT-7 no more than 2 weeks ago, with a very dissapointing result. It took 3 hours to kick in(probably due to having eaten not long before dosing) and then gave me no OEV or CEV's to speak of and a bit of insomnia/tipsyness.

I re-tested HOT-7 last night, ingesting 20mg orally at approximatly 8.30pm.

I felt first alerts around 9.00pm, nice headspace, badly co-ordinated and heightened senses(sounds from outside, normally very quiet, peaked and sent tingles all over my body etc).

At around 9.30pm I was peaking. I opened my curtains to let the street light cast shadows of wavering trees onto my bedroom wall which created an incredible effect; the shadows of the tree branches turned into little shaddow puppets which were all dancing around and hacking away at some kind of sculpture. I have to say I did find it rather scary, but I just had to watch, I was too intrigued and wanted to see what they were building.

I watched the shadow puppets untill around 11pm, at which time I discovered music! First I tried a bit of Psy-Trance, but it didn't bode well with the shadow people and took the atmosphere of the trip from happy and interested to neutral and bored. Then I switched on to some regular Trance, which was perfect. The music appreciation with this substance is insane, on par with MDxx. Unlike MDxx, you couldn't just listen to any old crap and enjoy it, HOT-7 makes you appreciate good music for what it is...Art. There was a big difference between songs, artists and even sets. I found some(the good ones, the real 'art') tracks perfect, dancing away, body writhing in pure euphoria(I was making love to the music, man). But others were just terrible. These were songs I used to like sober, but once I heard them under the influence of HOT-7 I saw(or heard) through their fake, plastic shells and into what they really were... Meaningless peices of money making shite.

The music went on for hours and hours, it was wonderful. I decided to go and turn on the blacklight and draw in highlighter. I found myself lost, struck for any artistic or creative talent. I thought, at the time, that this was the downfall of HOT-7, but I was wrong. As I sat there, a bit dissapointed that I couldnt think of anything to do, the pen started moving on the paper. I started writing without thinking, the drug was writing for me without conscious thought. I wrote several pages of drug-induced blabber, you know, the usual shit you come up with on trips-'Yellow is my best colour', 'Bring on the next one', 'The air is heavy, thick and wet', 'Smile, it's a good day' etc.

After drawing and writing for what must have been an age I needed to go to the toilet. Up untill now everything had been good, but nothing too amazing. As I got up to turn on the normal light, the world changed. It went from trippy, warping 'normality', to a completely new dimension. The walls, floor and everything else in the room morphed in one big wave(like a shockwave from a large blast) from the norm, to a complete wonderland/cartoon. It looked as if I was in the game Kingdom Hearts(a trippy game if ever I played one), incredible.

I repeated this process(music and going back and forth to the bathroom, not to pee, just for fun!) a few times before retiring to my room for the night. I was about to put on some music when a god-almight roar came through my window. I ran and swiped open the curtains to see what I now think(hope!) was a police helicopter. At the time, it looked like some kind of mechanical beast, bright flashing lights, loud roaring noises and green laser-beams protruding hundreds of feet before it. It circled my house for about 45 minutes before dissapearing into the night.

By now I was quite tired, it was around 3am and I was still peaking very hard. I decided to put on some nice mellow music in the vein attempt to catch some sleep. Long story short I was still peaking at 4am and watched the sunset(marvellous) untill 5am, at which time I was down enough to get 15 minutes of sleep?

I was scared to take any Valium to aid my sleep as I was unsure of it's MAOI properties and effects they would have on Valium(and also I can accuratly measure the duration of this substance without). I could have done with some Cannabis on the peak, I think it would have been a heavenly combination, but I couldnt find my weed which I stashed somewhere in the room last time I was tripping.

All in all i'd say this was one of my favourite trips, and i've had a fair amount of trips on various substances-common and uncommon. One of the best things about it(there are so many, but this stands out nicely for me) is that it is completely, 100% void of any physical nusciences(no nausia or body load, just a pleasurable tingle from stimulis such as noise and touch).

With a duration of around 9.5-10 hours from ingestion to relative sobriety and a peak duration of about 7.5-8 hours this one is a brilliant find. I would say(although it was a while ago that I did it) this substance far surpasses 2C-T-7. IMO.

Last edited:
super nice report, thanks :)

If HOT-7 is effectively a MAOI, I wonder how should be adjusted the benzodiazepine dosage if one need to take some during the HOT-7 (or 2C-T-7) trip ?

A friend who had a difficult experience did take some diazepam without problems but due to the possible MAOI interaction, very small dosage was used.

ungelesene_bettlek said:
are you sure this decomposition also happens ex vivo? as far as i know, even the in vivo conversion is just an unproven hypothesis.
i believe this has been observed with FLEA (n-hydroxy-MDA) decomposing partially to MDA.

The bond is so weak (my understanding) that it is good reasoning theoretically to take caution (especially if the decomposed stuff is illegal in your country).

Just my basic understanding, nothing is proven much with these compounds, haha :D

Well shows how doses effect people differently.

Me + 20mg = nothing.
Friend + 20mg = very high.

Ah well, just have to sit here :(

Has anyone insufflated this compound so far? Is there any danger like there is with 2C-T-7? I could possibly get something more out of the bit I have left if I think 60mg isn't enough. Seems like potency is a real issue for some. Buying a bit more is probably a safer way of life but I figured I'd ask.

i think insufflating phenethylamine psychedelics is the WAY TO GO! I haven't tried it with t7 or t2 yet but with 2CE, 2CB, 2CD it has been real good.

I would be very careful with this method though as the dose-response curve is much higher and also if HOT7 is indeed a MAOI like 2CT7 then peak plasma levels of the drug will be higher with insufflation (which could result in a nastier reaction).

Just start low and titrate upwards. You can even do this within a single session (to a certain extent). Lowball your dose and then set aside 3-4mg more to bump if you're not quite there after an hour or so.

peace

The thing is it took about 5 hours orally for the full effects to mingle along with the hash that I was smoking. If I would mistake the time it takes for the drug to come up completely with insufflation I might take to much and...Well, bad stuff :\

then just take a single dose for the first experiment so you can establish the timeline. subsequent trials you may start experimenting with 'bumping up' once you know how long the initial dose takes to peak.

start low.