Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are we old fuddy duddies?

drugfukkdrockstar

Bluelight Crew
I have been browsing through more forums as of late, and one thing i have noticed is us Aussies in the Aus social forum seem to be a lot more well behaved and somewhat fuddy duddy than the others in other forums. Or am i wrong?

We all seem a lot more ... what's the word...maybe more controlled? Correct me if i am wrong, but it seems a few of us barely even do drugs anymore, if at all. I know i still do them but very occasionally. Mainly on special events. And i have a feeling a lot of users in this forum are similar. But then again, i could be wrong of course.

What i have gathered is a lot of users in other forums are very heavy users and will do drugs every night of the week! Or at least on a once a week basis.

I felt a bit boring to be honest after reading through drug culture last night. And felt like i need to get out more...

What are your thoughts? Are we a bunch of grandma's and grandpa's?

I have noticed that there seems to be higher percentage of non drug-using BL'ers in Aus Social. I put that down to this place being somewhere people tend to hang around after they've settled down a bit, a lot of the regulars here probably partied together at some point in the past and still like to post, even though their lives don't revolve around drugs anymore.

Not saying there aren't heaps of Aus Social'ers who still party from time to time. Don't know of any myself though :p

I'm gonna vote yes to that one as Aus social is more of an 'after party' atmosphere.

*edit* removed off-topic comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i like hanging out on this forum, i used to go out partying every weekend friday and saturday for like 3-4 years, i loved it but i have overdone it alot hahaha the last 2 years i have only been munted a feww times as i have been conentrating more on my training and i just dont feel like getting trashed every weekend anymore. I feel i have more fun saving myself for things that are actually worth going out to party for instead of just getting completely fucked up for no reason at all....

*I feel old now :(

lol

i been postin here for like 2 years and i only just found this forum :)

i also happened to find it just as i get back into my education and stop doing drugs

you may be onto something dfrs

p.s. i love my postcount.... 8 rules

How's this for old - my boyfriend has been invited out to the pub with his mates tomorrow night for a piss up, but he has declined because he wants to get to bed nice and early so he can wake up bright and go have a nice game of golf on Saturday. He has a new 'driver' that he is eager to put into action....

Now that's fuddy duddy! I never thought this day would come.

I noticed this.

I really don't think I'm here (Bluelight) for the drug aspect anymore. There was a time when it was all I thought about. I pretty much exhausted Erowid's databases (I would click on "show trip reports from the last two weeks" and constantly be annoyed to find that I'd read them all.) I even lurked a bunch of other drug / harm minimsation boards at the peak of it.

At the end of the day I signed up to talk to some people with a common interest. Which was drugs. And is now, um, you guys.

That said, I still party. But it's not the most important part of my life anymore, and I don't feel the need to discuss or read about it all that much.

To a degree there's only so much you can learn about the drugs you choose to do.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
How's this for old - my boyfriend has been invited out to the pub with his mates tomorrow night for a piss up, but he has declined because he wants to get to bed nice and early so he can wake up bright and go have a nice game of golf on Saturday. He has a new 'driver' that he is eager to put into action....

Now that's fuddy duddy! I never thought this day would come.

I dont feel old anymore :)

A lot comes back to the way the forum is run and whats seen as acceptable.

So often new blood will come in but pss off quick cos there lolwuts were not appreciated and hence the presiding majority maintains control.

I will admit that I seriously think that Aus Soc needs a good kick in the ass cos its rare that any new thread appears..................seriously look at the stuff thats on the front page and 90% is the same crap I found on the front page 12 months ago and indeed 2 years ago.

The forum is really only useful if you wanna state why you frown or why you smile, what your drinking or what your eating etc.

Thank heavens for this thread.

Yeah , I know.................be the change you want to see blah blah blah.

Aus soc is dieing of its old age.

Its now one of the quietest forums and yet used to be one of the busiest.

RIP.

No... its always been the 4th or 5th busiest and still is, like hoptis said.

When I was doing heaps of drugs and going out I was too busy to be posting on a forum :) Also I think most people become more interested in harm minimisation as they age.

I read the thread title as
"Are we old fuck buddies?"

I was thinking... well not that I rememer...

Yeah I thought that too.

I started reading Aus. Social when my drug use was beginning to decline. Not that it was ever that great to begin with.

vanth said:
No... its always been the 4th or 5th busiest and still is, like hoptis said.

When I was doing heaps of drugs and going out I was too busy to be posting on a forum :) Also I think most people become more interested in harm minimisation as they age.

Hoptis compared to a few months ago. Not years ago.

And your own mods agree its dieing.

Actually I will go one step further and also put to you that if you remove the silly posts such as the smiling and frowning and what have you stuff then Aus soc is probably last of all the forums.

Now if that is satisfactory then maybe it should be renamed the "come in here to post how your feeling and what your doing forum."

Last edited:
^ Hey, stop leaking out the minutes of our meetings!

This is a great thread; thank god we still have people here willing to challenge the complacency that has overcome this place. Thanks DFRS :)

To the point at hand, I think there is a mixture of the two. There are people who use this forum that most likely rarely do drugs at all, as Hoptis would say - they don’t like to party. You will also find that a lot of the users are either professionals or dedicated to their specific careers.

However, the main point is that this isn't a specific drug discussion forum so by shear definition you are unlikely to encounter this type of discussion.

Lastly, to address the points Mazdan raised, mate I think you are 100% correct. This place is as stale as 2 week old bread. Unfortunately it seems as though threads like this one here are all too rare. We are forever bombarded with hollow statements with regards to what made you smile, what made you frown, what are you eating and on and on it goes. I mean who gives a fuck seriously.

These threads get shut off after 500 posts only to come back and we go through the same old shit again and again. I wouldn’t be surprised that if you took the old one and the new one, stuck them side by side in a comparison test you would find they are just carbon copies of one another. In addition I hear what you are saying about new blood offering up something only to get shot down and that’s a good point, another good point would be the level of apathy that has overcome this place in recent times. Katmeow recently put a lot of thought and effort into building awareness of other forums on Bluelight and was met with either paranoid response that she was trying to drive users away from Aus Social or plainly no response at all.

The more threads we can get that are thought provoking the better. In a way these threads provide users with an opportunity to hear another person’s point of view on a range of topics and to perhaps even, god forbid, learn something.

In summary, yes there appears to be some ‘fuddy duddy’ mentality amongst this forum but also it seems that Aus Social is a victim of neglect and doesn’t exactly provide the necessary framework to allow for explosive and interesting discussion outside of ‘today I went and indulged in [insert mundane boring activity here].

Yeah i agree with MazDan eggman88888. I think what i have also found after browsing through other forums is this one has no substance anymore. It is just the same ol' crap every day. Not enough people are keeping up their end of the bargain. Posting dribble drabble in the off topic thread is hardly contributing IMO. Sure it's something, but it's not exactly bringing much substance.

Last edited:
Yep its all about the substance.

I’m cool with the OT thread and what goes on in there. My criticism would be that there just seems to be a good half of a dozen other threads that are more or less OT when it comes to content.

I like Aus Soc the way it is now. That's not to say that some things couldn't be improved, but I actually like reading about things that make people smile and things that make them frown.