• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are we old fuddy duddies?

So there has been a few mentions of new BLers not fitting in around here in social, yet there are only one or two Aussies who post welcomes in the New Members introduction forum. Hmm :\
I have said it before, I am happy to post links here in social when there is a new Aussie member thread in NMI. Maybe I will post a link in the OT thread for the new noob as a socialogical experiment and see if they stick around.
Having someone reply to you when you are new to a forum is the best, think infinity christmas days. Imagine if a dozen Social regulars made someone new feel welcome.

I dont think Aus social is particuarly slow these days, you have to remember... The more you use Bluelight, the slower it seems. If you use it less there are hundreds of new posts to perouse.

On Topic: Im a fuddy duddy, if that means drugs arent a huge part of my life anymore. But I must say, I grow wiser everyday, and being wise is uber cool. Being cool is the most important thing.

I think what you are seeing is the market economy at work.

When I started on this forum many moons ago, I was a different person with different loads on my shoulders. There weren't many other sources for Australasians to access alternative information. Only the reasonably intellegent even knew how to turn on a computer (somehow I fudged it ;) ) therefore the community as a whole represented interesting viewpoints and humour.

Now every Joe slob has internet access and nearly every punter on the street is taking pills when they club. There are literally millions of sites in the world now that cover every interesting topic. Has anyone found an alternative space on the internet? Fuck I trawl most sporting, music, lesbian forums out there, some work with rigid controls, others work because of chaos. What are the most heavily traffic forums on BL? I bet the drug information ones would be high but once you are informed ( or have decided that there is no such thing as safe practice and decide to fiend without a conscious ;) ) they will settle in a space that they like. The sports and gaming now covers some topics that would be usually taking up space in Aus social... at least now we get more international opinions.

So what if we no longer hold top billing? If this place sucks no one will return. So far I have yet to find a day when I can't spend a good 1/2 hr reading new posts.

Want new blood? Then introduce like minded friends. Personally I don't tell many of my peers because I need a space to bitch about them and I don't feel like explaining my views to the Establishment.

If you want to try the alternative allow the mods to take a holiday for a month and let us all see what an Anarchaic society would be like. If we get more boobies* I might like it, if it turns into in jokes and arse raping, we should just merge with the lounge.

Oh and DFR, you obviously have not been golfing with the boys. I can't remember the last time I didn't get ripped by the 3rd hole, perve at the Beer bitch, talk about the beer bitches boobs and pull donuts in the carpark. Usually more rowdy than a BL meet up ( which by the way should be resurected).

Long live Boobs and Comedowns........

* Man boobs need not apply

Busty, have I told you lately, that I love you?

A mod-holiday - is that like a dreadlock holiday? ;)

Yeah but you don't like cricket.......... you 'ave to love it Mon

And if you ever told me you love me it would not be enough....

See, I was trying to be all smooth, Rod Stewart styles, seems that to the kids of today, it's not enough. :(

Aishas Star said:
I read the thread title as
"Are we old fuck buddies?"

I was thinking... well not that I rememer...
LOL! I thought the same thing until I read your post. I thought it was just a clever ruse to get people in here and start talking. Even though I read it wrong it worked. :eek:

Wow, this is like the first proper thread I have read on bl for ages....go me! :D

I am gonna echo what vurt and pleo said.....I was pretty much gonna write something about cyclical blah blah and then they did, so it's redundant now. But I will say it anyway, cause that's the kind of guy I am. %)

Bluelight does go through cycles.....sometimes there'll be heavy usage, lots of different topics springing up etc, sometimes not so much....that's just the nature of the beast.

In addition, a couple of other people raised some interesting points as well that I would agree with, at least in so much as it applies to me and my use of Aus Social (or bl in general for that matter). Namely, when I started posting on bluelight I didn't really know any bluelighters in real life. I posted a lot more back then because I was quite happily surprised to find a community of like-minded people here, and so there was a real interest in interacting with them lots online.

Since then, I have met stacks of bluelighters...I think I said to trancegirle at the last coon & goon thing, there are not that many people left whom I've actually wanted to meet for ages and haven't yet done so. And the people whom I've met and whose company I enjoy, I am now friends with in real life. And so, the online interaction falls by the wayside a bit because I'm more likely to just hang out with them rather than post here and wait for a response.

And believe it or not, this does all come back to dfrs's original question as well....I am one of those people who quite happily went through a stage of being fucked off my head every weekend (and parts of the week) for a large portion of my adult life, and that was fun and I still do it occasionally, but my priorities have changed...so in that respect I guess I am a bit of a fuddy-duddy. Or to put it another way, I have other things to occupy my time now...so I don't post so much here and I guess a lot of other people feel the same.

Hopefully that all makes sense....it's been a while since I wrote anything longer than a couple of lines on this forum lol... :)

Yes, Aus Soc has been repetitive and boring for quite a while now. I dont blame the current regulars though, they seem quite content to post the same anecdotal crap every day.

But i have to ask the people (like me) who are coming out of the woodwork to post an opinion in this thread - why arent you creating good threads?

Build it and they will come

m4dd0g said:
But i have to ask the people (like me) who are coming out of the woodwork to post an opinion in this thread - why arent you creating good threads?

Nail + head.

:)

That's very rude katmeow, why would you wish violence upon maddog.

;)

Isn't it possible that you just get sick of Aus Social after a while?

I got a very fast and warm welcome in my intro thread and got directed to Aus social by Klue (thanks mate), since then i have found this forum to be quiet addictive =D

No worries ner0. Like the alfalfa seeds of the hour glass, I'm just sprouting the love.
Obviously, like when you have a cold and you sneeze out your car window, but in your Flu induced daze you forget the window is actually up... you stick around.

:D

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Yeah that makes sense. I wonder if o/s users on this site think we're boring.

No one pretends they don't do drugs anymore better than the aus social crew.

m4dd0g said:

Half the threads that survive beyond one response aren't necessarily GOOD, they just conform to the strict guidelines. There is a difference. Kinda like how some songs jet to number one and last 50 weeks, yet are actually total shit

HOW TO CREATE A GOOD AUS SOCIAL THREAD~ los del rio

* One places his/her arms forward, palm down, right arm, then left arm.

* Then the dancer turns his arms over so that his palms are up, right, then left.

* The dancer puts his hands on his shoulders, first right hand on left shoulder, then left on right.

* Then the dancer puts his hands on the back of his head, again right, then left.

* The dancer then places his arms on his hips, right hand on left hip, then left on right

* Then the dancer's hands go on their respective hips or rear end, right then left

* The routine finishes with a pelvic rotation in time with the line "Ehhhh Macarena!"

* Then the dancer turns 90 degrees counter clockwise and repeats the same motions throughout the whole song.

I never got the hang of it, its too complicated, so I don't bother making threads in Aus. :D

ayyyyye macarena!

NickyJ said:
Aus social definately struggles to get new recruits :\

More on topic, I sure am getting old! But I still party heaps, I just don't share it with you lot because you all look down your nose at my sheer fiendery :)

Thats the internet for ya! Full of nerds!! :p ;) =D

I find your hypocrisy hilarious. On so many different levels.8) 8)