Bluelight

Thread: Vyvanse "Mega Thread" - your Vyvanse thread has been merged into this one

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I am Rx'd 60mg of Dexedrine for ADHD... 2x 10mg / 3x Daily. I can switch to 2x 70mg Vyvanse and not be too bummed. It's good for ADHD... as a 25 year old and such (not speaking for the kids here). I think it's probably (opinion) less habit forming for me and also is not as effective for the really bad days when I can't stop moving!

I do say in theory, that I would take it if Dex ever dissapeared from the market

It is 100x more reliable than Adderall xR and even Dexedrine SR which I think SUCK (both)... I cant deal with the roller coaster they are in thier nature.

Vyvanse isn't xr/sr/ crap. It's legit 10-16 hrs of sustained release Dexedrine-ish effect. I think it is not a bad drug at all... wouldn't pick it to abuse per se'. But it could be done. I would rather be given the chance to try Methedrine (Desoxyn), I bet a low dose would be perfect... but I won't know thanks to the police state!

2. Collapse Details
    Is Vyvanse Safe? 
    Capsule
    Short Story: Doctor wants to prescribe Vyvanse, mom doesn't want me to be medicated, and doctor refuses to write me a prescription until mom says ok.

Is there an article somewhere that shows how good Vyvanse is, without giving the negative side effects?

Even if this medication has some negatives, as most ADD medications can have a pretty hefty list, I would rather have an article that tells how wonderful this medication is, and sort of skip past the negatives a bit.

I've searched and can't find a completely positive article.
    This question could apply to others as they may just want to know the positive effects of Vyvanse.

If this doesn't make sense, please ask and I will elaborate. Thanks!

3. Collapse Details

I don't believe it is in the nature of harm reduction that BL stands for to give a source that only has positive information. Knowing and understanding the side effects and risk of a drug are VERY important, and to ignore them and just read the positives is pretty stupid. You are basically asking us to help you score drugs, in the form of tricking your mom into thinking that Vyvanese is all good and no bad, and that's not true of any drug.

4. Collapse Details

I'm sorry, you had taken my post with a different view than I had originally intended.

I know I have ADD. My doctor knows I have ADD. My mom knows I have ADD.
    HOWEVER, my mom is against taking any medication that has mind-altering effects.

That being said, I know all the side effects that Vyvanse has to offer. As I have said, most ADD medications can have a pretty hefty list. I am not ignoring the risks, I know these very well, I would just rather show how helpful Vyvanse can be in order to prove to my mom that it might be worth trying.

My mom has spent the past week looking up the negatives of the drug-She also knows them very well and doesn't need me to show her any more. If you try to find why something is bad, I am sure your going to find it (As you did with my initial post). I am just trying to prove to my mom that the drug is not ALL BAD and does not cause all side effects listed, but instead can be used to treat ADD positively where the pros will outweigh the cons.

5. Collapse Details

The side effect profile is pretty low for vyvanse, IMHO.

Here ya go.

hopefully that link is operational, if not, just go to pubmed.com, look up "vyvanse side effects," and grab what you need.

6. Collapse Details

I agree, out of the ADD Medications out there Vyvanse is probably the one with the shorter Side Effect List.

Thanks for the link Pallidamors! I was hoping for a link something like that.

If anyone thinks they have a better link, post away, I won't refute any help given.

7. Collapse Details

If you only want positive information on the drug, have you tried the manufacturers website? Manufacturer's usually don't say anything bad about their own products .

That aside, vyvanse is an amphetamine, and the safety in amphetamines depends on how the user uses them.

8. Collapse Details

If your doctor thinks that the positives are going to outway the negatives you should have your doctor explain to her why he thinks its a good idea. I think she'd trust the doctor more than some article online

9. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Your thread has been merged to the Vyvanse Mega Thread.

If you actually have ADD or ADHD, then Vyvanse could help you out. If you're only interested in the pills for recreation, I would say forget it unless you know you could keep it moderated.

I wouldn't take ADD meds every day unless you actually have ADD and need them to function every day. And even then, taking them every day might still not be the best option.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmo562003 View Post

In answer to your question - Does Vyvanse show up as Amphetamines on a drug test, no, it does not. I get UA'd about 2-3 times per week and according to my case manager, i've tested positive for Amphetamines for every single one of my tests, except for one. And that one time, I assume, was because I had taken the Vyvanse and not the Adderall due to sleep reasons. And when she asked for the printout of all my Rx's, she said "That one doesn't show up."
    That is just my experience. And since you've got a scrip, you're golden anyhow.
    I have to disagree with you, it most definitely will show up on a urine screen that tests for amphetamine. I know this because unlike you, I was only taking Vyvanse at the time I got tested and it did come up as a positive. Plus... it is an amphetamine. What most likely happened to you (testing negative) is the same thing that happened to me on several different occasions. I was taking bi weekly tests for Probation and at the time I was taking Xanax 1mg twice a day every day, even still a few of my urine screens didn't test positive for benzo...even though I had just taken my morning dose earlier that day. Also a couple times they sent it out to a lab and 2 out of 10 times they did that it came back negative even though I know it was in my system. The testing staff as well as my doctor were both stumped by this... leading me to believe that no drug test is perfect, even lab tests. But like you said if you've got a script it doesn't matter, I just find it interesting.

11. Collapse Details

[So here's the weird but AWESOME thing about Vyvanse..... You ready for this??
    Ok, I've been addicted to Vicodin for 5 years and recently decided to quit. I have been taking Vyvanse as prescribed at it is actually alleviating my opiate W/D. I kid you not. I mean I don't feel 100% but I'll tell you right now if I wasn't taking the Vyvanse I would be curled in a ball on my bed in cold sweats. This drug is absolutely amazing in so many ways. I thank my doc so much for letting me try this. Anyone else get diminished W/D's from opiates when taking Vyvanse?[/QUOTE]

OMG I noticed that too - I just happened to run out of my last two opiates when I got Vyvanse and even though I hate Vyvanse, it's at least helped with the W/D!! That's crazy you mentioned that, I've been thinking that this whole time and surprised no one mentioned it.

12. Collapse Details
    Vyvance overdose? 
    I have been perscribed Vyvance for ADHD for a little over three years now. I've found that it has started wearing off much faster than it used to, and I've started taking two 50mg pills per day about 5 hours apart. It seems to be the only way to keep it going as long as I need it to. But I am concerned that 100mg per day might be too much.
    How much is an 'overdose' of Vyvance?
    Are there any long-term side effects of me doing this? Is it safe?

13. Collapse Details

that would depend on your tolerance. but since i believe theres a limit to how much vyvanse your stomach will convert to amphetamine at any given time (at least i think its rate limited), it should be harder to OD on it.

100 mg is not excessive for someone who has been on it as long as you. i've taken 75 mg with no tolerance and felt fine. have you noticed any health issues with this new dose? like rapid heartbeat, flushed face, paranoia, etc? i think you're probably fine, but if you notice any health problems you should contact your doctor.

14. Collapse Details

I agree about the decreased intensity during W/D's while on Vyvanse. I have never experienced a withdrawal, but when I haven't taken my pain medication for several hours I don't have as much of a psychological craving for the Nucynta, and it seems to distract me from my pain.

15. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Merged.

16. Collapse Details

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle-ride1943 View Post
    I have to disagree with you, it most definitely will show up on a urine screen that tests for amphetamine. I know this because unlike you, I was only taking Vyvanse at the time I got tested and it did come up as a positive. Plus... it is an amphetamine. What most likely happened to you (testing negative) is the same thing that happened to me on several different occasions. I was taking bi weekly tests for Probation and at the time I was taking Xanax 1mg twice a day every day, even still a few of my urine screens didn't test positive for benzo...even though I had just taken my morning dose earlier that day. Also a couple times they sent it out to a lab and 2 out of 10 times they did that it came back negative even though I know it was in my system. The testing staff as well as my doctor were both stumped by this... leading me to believe that no drug test is perfect, even lab tests. But like you said if you've got a script it doesn't matter, I just find it interesting.
    you are right that B-lighter is giving bad 411 it will 100 percsnt test positive for methamph and amp

17. Collapse Details

Yea forgot to mention it might result in a positive for meth-amph, although this didn't happen in my case and is was included in the 12 panel screen... still very likely.

18. Collapse Details

One 70 mg Vyvanse emptied into a small amount of coffee works for me every morning. I drink my coffee black, but when I dump Vyvanse powder into it, it tastes sweet, like amphetamines always do. It hits you VERY fast.

19. Collapse Details

Ok...got prescribed to Vyvanse yesterday by my psych doc. Im starting back school at age 27, and was on Ritalin when i was young for ADD, now going back to school and working full time (50+) hours/week, i have been using Addys 20mg IR recreationally for the past 3-4 weeks, everyday except weekends for work reasons. so the doctor hastly gave me a script for Vyvanse 30mg/day, when mention childhood ADD. LONG STORY SHORT----I took my first 30mg this morning at about 6:30am (2hrs ago), and get the same effects off of this med as in adderall IR (but takes longer), how long it last is yet to be determined, but except it to last all day! Ive got a 30day supply and gonna use everyday until my next appointment and see how the effects are and discuss with doctor. Id rather not p the dose to 60mg the first day, but MIGHT?!?!? It seems alot smoother, not an QUICK HIT, running around trying to find something to do type shit! which in my case is good, for focus at work. I have no intention on trying to alter the XR form of Vyvanse, and if u want that QUICK HIT, try something else, cause its not gonna happen with this med.

Also: I am prescribed to 2mg of Klonopin/day, and also Trazadone for sleep at night...so between the two, i think we will be just ALRIGHT....also i have a SLIGHT dependeance on opiates, have been taking 2mgs of Suboxone/day for the last week or so, to ween of, I had no problem with addy and Subs, but that at 5pm I was ready for relaxing and could fall asleep (if that helps anyone?)

Later
    peaceNpanic

20. Collapse Details
    Strength of Vyannase?? 
    The first time I took 1 pill I felt the effects really strongly. Very positive feelings, lots of focus (maybe too much into 1 thing-such as doing a word problem) Then a few weeks later I took it again. Im not sure if its because I was more stressed or what but it wasn't as strong for me. OK after taking it for 10 times I get it if its not as strong, but the 2nd time seems a lil unusual to me. What are your experiences with it?

21. Collapse Details

-> Vyvanse Mega Thread

22. Collapse Details

Vyvanse has done wonders for me. it last so much longer and is more smooth than both ritalin and adderall. I took 3 50mg an hour ago and im already speeding. The only down side i see to this drugs recreational potential is its long duration, it is almost impossible to get to sleep on vyvanse, i recommend taking a modest amount of DXM when you are coming down it helps me get to bed but be careful mixing an upper with a downer.

for the next day yi would smoking some bud to ease the comedown.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^sorry if im rambling on im pretty stoned : D

23. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    my doctor rode the vyvanse ship a year or two ago whenever it came out, he took me off my 80mg of adderall XR a day and placed me on (!!!! three 70mg vyvanse !!!!) I could only take one and stand it, I didn't like it at all, three would make me so uncomfortably sped up its out of control.

Finally after basically not using my vyvanse and just giving it away, I have had a new doctor and he said the max daily dosage is 70mg and wouldn't prescribe 3 a day, I asked him if I could go back to adderall XR he agreed and now I am back on adderall xr, now I take the 30mg XR's twice a day, so 60 a month and to be honest. ADDERALL LOCKS YOU IN. and you become superman at anything your doing, especially things like video games online/multiplayer my reaction speeds are up like 500% and im always on the top of the leader boards, while on vyvanse It helped concentrate but was just CRAP. even though its the same amphetamine salts along with dexedrines it just wasn't working...

also it cannot be abused in any way, vyvanse cannot be snorted because it has to pass through and be digested which is a big reason doctors which to it, but to be honest I like to snort maybe 10mg of my Adderall capsule every once and awhile, either way adderall is just so much more effective, don't buy into the vyvanse crap if your doctor only gives you that or concerta and refuses adderall, find a new physchiatrist.

24. Collapse Details

...I like vyvanse, but I don't have ADHD I can see how It would be shit for ADHD, but I can also see how it could be great stuff.

25. Collapse Details
    Vyvanse 
    I have very bad adhd. And i am prescribed 30 mgs of vyvanse per day but i don't take it unless i need to do alot of work that day. Basically Vyvanse is just another way for the makers of adderall XR to make more money since the patient for Adderall XR is expiring next year. But another reason they are prescribing it is to people who have a history of substance abuse... the way vyvanse works is that it is an organic ameno acid (not an amphetamine) until it passes through your large intestines... Then when it is metablolized, it turns into an amphetamine. This way you can't just open the capsiles and cursh them and snort them or if you are stupid try to inject them...all the college kids are gonna be really pissed.. well not really since most of them get prescribed concerta and rits an generic adderalls...and the dexatrine...the is the worst for abuse...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast