• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

my doctor said he doesnt prescribe it because people are abusing it no matter what, and they might as well be abusing stuff without giving shire a buttload of profits for a lame delivery system.

Personal experience, 50 mgs powder emptied into coca-cola, saw foaming over (sign of chemical reaction), as well as noticable increase in euphoric effects. Is this possibly an accidentally discovered method of releasing the d-amphetamine immediately?

Thoughts and all that, i've been around for awhile but i don't post much.. do you think i'm onto anything? or just placebo?

The hydrolysis of a peptide bond between amphetamine and lysine is what liberates the active drug. I haven't been able to find specifics on the rate of hydrolysis of this bond, but literature indicates that the rates of hydrolysis of most other peptide bonds aren't significantly affected by a drop in pH, which would have initially come from the coca-cola (pH ~ 2.5).
What likely happened is that by crushing the pill and dissolving it before consuming it you increased the surface area and eliminated any time of dissolution in stomach acid, effectively speeding up the time it takes the the drug to take effect. This is likely what caused the increased euphoria.

I can already pretty much declare that the Vyvanse at just a starting dose of 30mgs is much better than Concerta.

hussness said:
The hydrolysis of a peptide bond between amphetamine and lysine is what liberates the active drug. I haven't been able to find specifics on the rate of hydrolysis of this bond, but literature indicates that the rates of hydrolysis of most other peptide bonds aren't significantly affected by a drop in pH, which would have initially come from the coca-cola (pH ~ 2.5).
What likely happened is that by crushing the pill and dissolving it before consuming it you increased the surface area and eliminated any time of dissolution in stomach acid, effectively speeding up the time it takes the the drug to take effect. This is likely what caused the increased euphoria.

Vyvanse needs not crushing, it comes in a powder form contained within a capsule. Antacids enhance amphetamine bioavailability so I always take them with any oral amphetamine. However, would antacids also reduce hydrolysis of Vyvanse into dextroamphetamine? If so, perhaps an antacid could be taken some time after Vyvanse ingestion to allow the lisdexamfetamine dimesylate to fully convert into the active amphetamine? Any suggestions, ideas? Either way, 50 mg Vyvanse feels very much like 30 mg of Adderall but actually smoother, so far at least. This is my first day on it, and 5 hours post ingestion, the effects are very pronounced and euphoric. It is definitely not useless, and certainly could be abused. It does not feel inferior to Adderall at all. I haven't tried pure dextroamphetamine, so I know not how it compares to that.

trying to find a way to defeat the extended release properties of this "prodrug" is driving me crazy!! there has got to be a simple way, but i think no1 cares because the drug is so new. the 1st time i took it it kept me awake for 48 hours, that is NOT good. someone needs to solve this shit so i can take my drug in the morning AND sleep at night.

evil

L-Lysine which this evil amp is attached too much be cleaved via metabolization in order for its amp effects to become effective. A remarkable weak action at that. Wiki says 70mg has a "likeability" effect of 40 mg of Dex. (Party time indeed!)

My someone limited experience with this drug has been odd and not fun. I'd imagine its does the trick for someone with a legitimate ailment however...as far as abuse goes, (opening up and pouring, snorting them...I'd advise against it.

the high to begin with is not fun and no bout with it has ended with anything but vomiting. I'd been drinking which may have played a part.

Perhaps personal, but it gives me remarkable heartburn when taking out of the cap (kinda feels like a stomach full of battery acid.) What makes it even more insidious is the fact that that powder is so fine it just begs to be snooted.

I hate this drug.

Love, Peace, and the Bravery of laser guided weapons,
N.A.H.

Amino Acid Cleavage

Dear You,

New user. Long time peruser.

I will give free hand jobs to anyone who finds out how to cleave an Amino Acid off of dextroamphetamine with a viable return ratio.

This shit is absolute garbage. My friend with a legitimate need for it says it helps quite a bit (certainly more so than rit and even is Adddie XR)

As far as getting tweaked forget about it; A nice edge, maybe.

Important side note (I suppose): This is the new drug of choice in terms of ADD and ADHD for patients who A.) Don't want to be on alternatives or B.) Should no longer be on alternatives.

Keepin' it Stupid Phresh,
That guy from Police Academy who makes those funny noises.

the logical thing to do if u want a 'recreational' effect would be to triple the 30mg dose in the early morning. it STILL wont compare to IR stimulants, but it beats the hell out of that XR shite. i've had plenty of time to emperiment with it and have discovered that its great for mixing with other ADD stimulants. it seems to increase the duration AND euphoria of amps & methyphenidate(IR),a little potentiation as well. my current regiment is 60-90mg vyvanse, 35mg concerta(both right when i wake up) and 40-60mg adderall as needed throughout the day. good luck finding a comedown drug, you're on ur own there

^Holy hell, are you prescribed all that? I assume you're not. If you are, you're either lying, or you're officially obligated to give me your doctors number.

Of course, I kid. ;)

Vyvanse?

Done a little bit of looking into this, I had no idea what this pill was. Vyvanse is the only pharmaceutical containing lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, a central nervous system stimulator. This is pretty much adderal. While looking around on all these pages, I found very sparse information on the pill and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these that I would not already know without using it myself. Like how much they would recommend or even if it is any good for recreational use. I don't imagine that it wouldn't be, but I can't get any information on any of its other contents.

transfat said:
Done a little bit of looking into this, I had no idea what this pill was. Vyvanse is the only pharmaceutical containing lisdexamfetamine dimesylate, a central nervous system stimulator. This is pretty much adderal. While looking around on all these pages, I found very sparse information on the pill and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these that I would not already know without using it myself. Like how much they would recommend or even if it is any good for recreational use. I don't imagine that it wouldn't be, but I can't get any information on any of its other contents.

it's good for recreational use. haha, that's why the DEA made it schedule II. It was indistinguishable from pure amphetamine in blind tests of "likeability" by abusers. I'd recommend it instead of a coke binge, or methamphetamine or adderall xr. It has about a 7 hour high, so it's useful for an all night rave or party.

The drug is made up of amino acids bound to dexedrine
By putting it in dilute acid, you can hydrolyze the bond to the amino acids and make it into pure dexamphetamine. There should be a thread on this. By doing this (and a few more steps) you can prepare a mix for snorting, plugging, or injection. Very easy, but, the high is just as good orally in my opinion, which, you are correct, is the only way to use the drug without additional steps.

it is simply Dexedrine bound to an amino acid...

with the amino acid it is not psychoactive, meaning it cant be snorted/injected/plugged... only orally works...

The acid in the stomach cleaves off that little amino acid leaving you with Dexedrine...

you can recreate this by crushing up those pills and adding an acid... Muriatic should work well enough although it probably isn't cesareans to have it in those high of concentrations... as long as the acid isnt breaking down the dexedrine i don't see a problem with just using it without diluting it...

basically you reflux the drug in a strong acid...

this can be as simple as mixing the acid and powder in a pyrex dish and leaving it somewhere warm to evaporate or distilling the HCL off if you want to reuse it...

it make take several of these refluxes to completely separate all of the Dexedrine from amino acid...

Taken orally, and not recreationalized, it is like adderall XR. It takes longer to hit, but that is the only difference. I despise it just as much as dexedrine :p

getting the most out of lis-dex-amphetamine

im usually not one for stims, but every once in a while i give them a try. i came across a couple free 50mg vyvanse capsules (lisdexamphetamine)

so, it's lysine covalently bonded to dextroamphetamine. adderall is a pile of shit imo, i only settle for the D isomer. so now i have the D isomer but its time release so im wondering...

1. can i do anything to increase its rate of hydrolysis (aka rate of breaking lisdex into dex) in my body)
2. other suggestions?
3. does cimetidine effect stimulants?

take more and be in for a longer ride, that's what i would imagine. No rush, but a longer, maybe more gentle ride.

cimetidine does not potentiate amphetamine to my knowledge because I dont believe they are metabolized by CYP 450 enzymes. You may want to double check that cimetadine does not inhibit any other enzymes which could prolong an amphatamine high though.

Your best bet would be to take some antacid tablets to increase the amphetamines bioavailability.