• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

I've been diagnosed with ADD for 2 years now. I was first on Concerta which did a whole bunch of nothing for my ADD, then was switched to Adderall XR. It helped but I hated that bump/uncomfortable boost it gave me when it kicked in. I was then switched to Vyvanse 50mg 3 months ago and it is perfect for me. I don't get that weird bump feeling when the drug kicks in, I gradually notice its affects as the day goes on. It's helped me in school a lot.

So here's the weird but AWESOME thing about Vyvanse..... You ready for this??
Ok, I've been addicted to Vicodin for 5 years and recently decided to quit. I have been taking Vyvanse as prescribed at it is actually alleviating my opiate W/D. I kid you not. I mean I don't feel 100% but I'll tell you right now if I wasn't taking the Vyvanse I would be curled in a ball on my bed in cold sweats. This drug is absolutely amazing in so many ways. I thank my doc so much for letting me try this. Anyone else get diminished W/D's from opiates when taking Vyvanse?

Vyvanse has helped me tremendously with depression compared to a number of anti depressants. I have been addicted to opiates in the past few years and i can say the same thing. It also does an EXCELLENT job at reducing my cravings for them.

I've never had euphoria from Vyvanse, just been really talkative and HORRIBLE insomnia. Also very very very focused on whatever task is at hand, alla Meth.

L-Lysine which this evil amp is attached too much be cleaved via metabolization in order for its amp effects to become effective. A remarkable weak action at that. Wiki says 70mg has a "likeability" effect of 40 mg of Dex. (Party time indeed!)

My someone limited experience with this drug has been odd and not fun. I'd imagine its does the trick for someone with a legitimate ailment however...as far as abuse goes, (opening up and pouring, snorting them...I'd advise against it.

the high to begin with is not fun and no bout with it has ended with anything but vomiting. I'd been drinking which may have played a part.

Perhaps personal, but it gives me remarkable heartburn when taking out of the cap (kinda feels like a stomach full of battery acid.) What makes it even more insidious is the fact that that powder is so fine it just begs to be snooted.

I hate this drug.

Love, Peace, and the Bravery of laser guided weapons,
N.A.H.

LOL!

I did this stuff three times before I liked it, first times were terrible. TERRIBLE!

Answer? - lower dose.

Basically... don't do three 70's in 1 night :D

A 40 gets me pretty well buzzed, with no adverse.

...Yeah, don't take too much, you won't sleep for days.
I mix the stuff in coffee - delicious. Or just get some coffee in my mouth and pour the powder in. Little bits at a time to get a pick me up so I can survive that day after, because this shit, in any dose WILL keep you awake.
Also... you'll not want to eat, and if you do, its going to be junk food so make sure you make yourself eat right, and drink water.
It seems more 'pressing' on the heart than any other drug I've done, not as far as BPM but blood pressure is up, that's not too good.

Do you think when this patent or whatever expires addies will be easier to get? Vyvance is everywhere around here, probably because we have a stimulant issue in this town and docs think this isn't abusable - ha.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, been awile :). I just wanted to share some information with you guys about my experience with this med. I've been struggling with severe depression for about 3 years now. I've tried it all at this point, SSRI's can burn in hell in my own opinion but thats not what this is about. Roughly 3 months ago now my doctor prescribed me 30mg of vyvanse once daily. The first week was a rough up and down experience but after the first week I got my old self confidence back, I was able to leave the house again, I finally lost the worst lethargy I've ever experience and best of all to me I was able to hang out with my friends again.

To anyone who is offered this as a treatment for depression, these are my results as of about 3 months being on it. Always do the research before taking any medication your prescribed, no matter what the doctor tells you. Right now I'm working on getting past that social awkwardness, but that just comes with never leaving the house for 3 years ;) other then that, things have been great.

If anyone else has been prescribed this for depression I would be interested to hear your story.

I was extremely depressed a few years ago and was on all kinds of ssris that didnt work and then i got put on vyvanse and it has worked incredibly good for me. I have been on it for 2 years now, 70mg a day (worked up to that mg) and I have not been depressed to any degree that I was before at all. I have actually worked a job and raised my gpa up in college since.

When my psychiatrist first put on Vyvanse 30mg I my heart would be racing during the peak of the medication but I wasn't having very much increased concentration or alertness. I then realized that I was drinking a lot of Cocacola and having a large coffee every morning. Since then I've basically cut out all caffeine from my diet and have moved up to 50mg vyvanse at 5am (when I start work) and then the three days a week I have school my psych prescribed 10mg mixed amphetamine salts since I don't get out of class until 8pm. With this new combination I have much better focus than before and I feel like my heart rate is a little slower than it was on the 30's w/caffeine. On the 50mg/10mg combo my resting heart rate is usually anywhere from 85-105bpm(I'm a 6'2 male age 20 that weighs 145lbs and in descent shape.)

The vyvanse 50mg taken at 5am usually wears off right around 4 or 5pm at which point I take the amphetamine salts which last right up until I go to bed. I can say if i didn't get prescribed xanax for my G.A.D. it would probably be much harder to go to sleep. Also, I get Nucynta 75mg x4 a day for my lower back. I have arthritis in my facet joints, a very arched lower back, and spasms down there. Anyways, I've found that taking the Vyvanse/Amp.salts helps keep my mind off the pain and mental cravings for Nucynta. At the same time if taken together or at least while one or the other is active they feed off of each other quite nicely. I basically turn into superman and can get a days worth of work accomplished in 3hrs.

Be weary of the Vyvanse - too much can be terrible
Cut the caffeine out and take 30-60 mg to start. and see if you like it if so go up to 70. Any more than that is just unplesant >:p

Yes I agree with the above statement cut out the caffeine. I like the increased focus and energy from Vyvanse but 50mg is all I would want. Before I cut out caffeine I had taken my once a day dose at 7am, at 4pm later in the day I was sipping on a rockstar energy drink...bad idea. My doc said they last around 12 hours of primary effects which I have found to be true in my case.

^ Redosing is the best thing you can do with V
Taking a bunch at once is asking for trouble but small ammts throughout the day (and or night) are good.

I currently take both Adderall and Vyvanse for the treatment of ADD. The days I wake up early enough, I'll take the Vyvanse because it has legs, meaning it stays with me throughout the whole day, keeping me focused and in a nice little happy mood. The days that I sleep in late, I'll stick with the Adderall because it's not as long lasting and I can still sleep on it. If I take the Vyvanse too late in the day, I can't get to sleep. I'll just toss and turn.
In answer to your question - Does Vyvanse show up as Amphetamines on a drug test, no, it does not. I get UA'd about 2-3 times per week and according to my case manager, i've tested positive for Amphetamines for every single one of my tests, except for one. And that one time, I assume, was because I had taken the Vyvanse and not the Adderall due to sleep reasons. And when she asked for the printout of all my Rx's, she said "That one doesn't show up."
That is just my experience. And since you've got a scrip, you're golden anyhow. :)

Just was prescribed for my ADHD. Better for people with ADHD then Adderall IMO...

Anyway, was wondering if anyone knows if Vyvanse would test positive for Amphetamines/Methamphetamines in a drug test. Probation meeting in a few days and need to be prepared.

Thanks in advance.

I am Rx'd 60mg of Dexedrine for ADHD... 2x 10mg / 3x Daily. I can switch to 2x 70mg Vyvanse and not be too bummed. It's good for ADHD... as a 25 year old and such (not speaking for the kids here). I think it's probably (opinion) less habit forming for me and also is not as effective for the really bad days when I can't stop moving!

I do say in theory, that I would take it if Dex ever dissapeared from the market :!

It is 100x more reliable than Adderall xR and even Dexedrine SR which I think SUCK (both)... I cant deal with the roller coaster they are in thier nature.

Vyvanse isn't xr/sr/ crap. It's legit 10-16 hrs of sustained release Dexedrine-ish effect. I think it is not a bad drug at all... wouldn't pick it to abuse per se'. But it could be done. I would rather be given the chance to try Methedrine (Desoxyn), I bet a low dose would be perfect... but I won't know thanks to the police state!

Is Vyvanse Safe?

Short Story: Doctor wants to prescribe Vyvanse, mom doesn't want me to be medicated, and doctor refuses to write me a prescription until mom says ok.

Is there an article somewhere that shows how good Vyvanse is, without giving the negative side effects?

Even if this medication has some negatives, as most ADD medications can have a pretty hefty list, I would rather have an article that tells how wonderful this medication is, and sort of skip past the negatives a bit.

I've searched and can't find a completely positive article.
This question could apply to others as they may just want to know the positive effects of Vyvanse.

If this doesn't make sense, please ask and I will elaborate. Thanks!

I don't believe it is in the nature of harm reduction that BL stands for to give a source that only has positive information. Knowing and understanding the side effects and risk of a drug are VERY important, and to ignore them and just read the positives is pretty stupid. You are basically asking us to help you score drugs, in the form of tricking your mom into thinking that Vyvanese is all good and no bad, and that's not true of any drug.

I'm sorry, you had taken my post with a different view than I had originally intended.

I know I have ADD. My doctor knows I have ADD. My mom knows I have ADD.
HOWEVER, my mom is against taking any medication that has mind-altering effects.

That being said, I know all the side effects that Vyvanse has to offer. As I have said, most ADD medications can have a pretty hefty list. I am not ignoring the risks, I know these very well, I would just rather show how helpful Vyvanse can be in order to prove to my mom that it might be worth trying.

My mom has spent the past week looking up the negatives of the drug-She also knows them very well and doesn't need me to show her any more. If you try to find why something is bad, I am sure your going to find it (As you did with my initial post). I am just trying to prove to my mom that the drug is not ALL BAD and does not cause all side effects listed, but instead can be used to treat ADD positively where the pros will outweigh the cons.

The side effect profile is pretty low for vyvanse, IMHO.

Here ya go.

hopefully that link is operational, if not, just go to pubmed.com, look up "vyvanse side effects," and grab what you need.

I agree, out of the ADD Medications out there Vyvanse is probably the one with the shorter Side Effect List.

Thanks for the link Pallidamors! I was hoping for a link something like that.

If anyone thinks they have a better link, post away, I won't refute any help given.

If you only want positive information on the drug, have you tried the manufacturers website? Manufacturer's usually don't say anything bad about their own products ;).

That aside, vyvanse is an amphetamine, and the safety in amphetamines depends on how the user uses them.

If your doctor thinks that the positives are going to outway the negatives you should have your doctor explain to her why he thinks its a good idea. I think she'd trust the doctor more than some article online

Your thread has been merged to the Vyvanse Mega Thread.

If you actually have ADD or ADHD, then Vyvanse could help you out. If you're only interested in the pills for recreation, I would say forget it unless you know you could keep it moderated.

I wouldn't take ADD meds every day unless you actually have ADD and need them to function every day. And even then, taking them every day might still not be the best option.

In answer to your question - Does Vyvanse show up as Amphetamines on a drug test, no, it does not. I get UA'd about 2-3 times per week and according to my case manager, i've tested positive for Amphetamines for every single one of my tests, except for one. And that one time, I assume, was because I had taken the Vyvanse and not the Adderall due to sleep reasons. And when she asked for the printout of all my Rx's, she said "That one doesn't show up."
That is just my experience. And since you've got a scrip, you're golden anyhow. :)

I have to disagree with you, it most definitely will show up on a urine screen that tests for amphetamine. I know this because unlike you, I was only taking Vyvanse at the time I got tested and it did come up as a positive. Plus... it is an amphetamine. What most likely happened to you (testing negative) is the same thing that happened to me on several different occasions. I was taking bi weekly tests for Probation and at the time I was taking Xanax 1mg twice a day every day, even still a few of my urine screens didn't test positive for benzo...even though I had just taken my morning dose earlier that day. Also a couple times they sent it out to a lab and 2 out of 10 times they did that it came back negative even though I know it was in my system. The testing staff as well as my doctor were both stumped by this... leading me to believe that no drug test is perfect, even lab tests. But like you said if you've got a script it doesn't matter, I just find it interesting.