• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

[So here's the weird but AWESOME thing about Vyvanse..... You ready for this??
Ok, I've been addicted to Vicodin for 5 years and recently decided to quit. I have been taking Vyvanse as prescribed at it is actually alleviating my opiate W/D. I kid you not. I mean I don't feel 100% but I'll tell you right now if I wasn't taking the Vyvanse I would be curled in a ball on my bed in cold sweats. This drug is absolutely amazing in so many ways. I thank my doc so much for letting me try this. Anyone else get diminished W/D's from opiates when taking Vyvanse?[/QUOTE]

OMG I noticed that too - I just happened to run out of my last two opiates when I got Vyvanse and even though I hate Vyvanse, it's at least helped with the W/D!! That's crazy you mentioned that, I've been thinking that this whole time and surprised no one mentioned it.:D

Vyvance overdose?

I have been perscribed Vyvance for ADHD for a little over three years now. I've found that it has started wearing off much faster than it used to, and I've started taking two 50mg pills per day about 5 hours apart. It seems to be the only way to keep it going as long as I need it to. But I am concerned that 100mg per day might be too much.
How much is an 'overdose' of Vyvance?
Are there any long-term side effects of me doing this? Is it safe?

that would depend on your tolerance. but since i believe theres a limit to how much vyvanse your stomach will convert to amphetamine at any given time (at least i think its rate limited), it should be harder to OD on it.

100 mg is not excessive for someone who has been on it as long as you. i've taken 75 mg with no tolerance and felt fine. have you noticed any health issues with this new dose? like rapid heartbeat, flushed face, paranoia, etc? i think you're probably fine, but if you notice any health problems you should contact your doctor.

I agree about the decreased intensity during W/D's while on Vyvanse. I have never experienced a withdrawal, but when I haven't taken my pain medication for several hours I don't have as much of a psychological craving for the Nucynta, and it seems to distract me from my pain.

I have to disagree with you, it most definitely will show up on a urine screen that tests for amphetamine. I know this because unlike you, I was only taking Vyvanse at the time I got tested and it did come up as a positive. Plus... it is an amphetamine. What most likely happened to you (testing negative) is the same thing that happened to me on several different occasions. I was taking bi weekly tests for Probation and at the time I was taking Xanax 1mg twice a day every day, even still a few of my urine screens didn't test positive for benzo...even though I had just taken my morning dose earlier that day. Also a couple times they sent it out to a lab and 2 out of 10 times they did that it came back negative even though I know it was in my system. The testing staff as well as my doctor were both stumped by this... leading me to believe that no drug test is perfect, even lab tests. But like you said if you've got a script it doesn't matter, I just find it interesting.

you are right that B-lighter is giving bad 411 it will 100 percsnt test positive for methamph and amp:(

Yea forgot to mention it might result in a positive for meth-amph, although this didn't happen in my case and is was included in the 12 panel screen... still very likely.

One 70 mg Vyvanse emptied into a small amount of coffee works for me every morning. I drink my coffee black, but when I dump Vyvanse powder into it, it tastes sweet, like amphetamines always do. It hits you VERY fast.

Ok...got prescribed to Vyvanse yesterday by my psych doc. Im starting back school at age 27, and was on Ritalin when i was young for ADD, now going back to school and working full time (50+) hours/week, i have been using Addys 20mg IR recreationally for the past 3-4 weeks, everyday except weekends for work reasons. so the doctor hastly gave me a script for Vyvanse 30mg/day, when mention childhood ADD. LONG STORY SHORT----I took my first 30mg this morning at about 6:30am (2hrs ago), and get the same effects off of this med as in adderall IR (but takes longer), how long it last is yet to be determined, but except it to last all day! Ive got a 30day supply and gonna use everyday until my next appointment and see how the effects are and discuss with doctor. Id rather not p the dose to 60mg the first day, but MIGHT?!?!? It seems alot smoother, not an QUICK HIT, running around trying to find something to do type shit! which in my case is good, for focus at work. I have no intention on trying to alter the XR form of Vyvanse, and if u want that QUICK HIT, try something else, cause its not gonna happen with this med.

Also: I am prescribed to 2mg of Klonopin/day, and also Trazadone for sleep at night...so between the two, i think we will be just ALRIGHT....also i have a SLIGHT dependeance on opiates, have been taking 2mgs of Suboxone/day for the last week or so, to ween of, I had no problem with addy and Subs, but that at 5pm I was ready for relaxing and could fall asleep (if that helps anyone?)

Later
peaceNpanic

Strength of Vyannase??

The first time I took 1 pill I felt the effects really strongly. Very positive feelings, lots of focus (maybe too much into 1 thing-such as doing a word problem) Then a few weeks later I took it again. Im not sure if its because I was more stressed or what but it wasn't as strong for me. OK after taking it for 10 times I get it if its not as strong, but the 2nd time seems a lil unusual to me. What are your experiences with it?

Vyvanse has done wonders for me. it last so much longer and is more smooth than both ritalin and adderall. I took 3 50mg an hour ago and im already speeding. The only down side i see to this drugs recreational potential is its long duration, it is almost impossible to get to sleep on vyvanse, i recommend taking a modest amount of DXM when you are coming down it helps me get to bed but be careful mixing an upper with a downer.

for the next day yi would smoking some bud to ease the comedown.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^sorry if im rambling on im pretty stoned : D

my doctor rode the vyvanse ship a year or two ago whenever it came out, he took me off my 80mg of adderall XR a day and placed me on (!!!! three 70mg vyvanse !!!!) I could only take one and stand it, I didn't like it at all, three would make me so uncomfortably sped up its out of control.

Finally after basically not using my vyvanse and just giving it away, I have had a new doctor and he said the max daily dosage is 70mg and wouldn't prescribe 3 a day, I asked him if I could go back to adderall XR he agreed and now I am back on adderall xr, now I take the 30mg XR's twice a day, so 60 a month and to be honest. ADDERALL LOCKS YOU IN. and you become superman at anything your doing, especially things like video games online/multiplayer my reaction speeds are up like 500% and im always on the top of the leader boards, while on vyvanse It helped concentrate but was just CRAP. even though its the same amphetamine salts along with dexedrines it just wasn't working...

also it cannot be abused in any way, vyvanse cannot be snorted because it has to pass through and be digested which is a big reason doctors which to it, but to be honest I like to snort maybe 10mg of my Adderall capsule every once and awhile, either way adderall is just so much more effective, don't buy into the vyvanse crap if your doctor only gives you that or concerta and refuses adderall, find a new physchiatrist.

...I like vyvanse, but I don't have ADHD I can see how It would be shit for ADHD, but I can also see how it could be great stuff.

Vyvanse

I have very bad adhd. And i am prescribed 30 mgs of vyvanse per day but i don't take it unless i need to do alot of work that day. Basically Vyvanse is just another way for the makers of adderall XR to make more money since the patient for Adderall XR is expiring next year. But another reason they are prescribing it is to people who have a history of substance abuse... the way vyvanse works is that it is an organic ameno acid (not an amphetamine) until it passes through your large intestines... Then when it is metablolized, it turns into an amphetamine. This way you can't just open the capsiles and cursh them and snort them or if you are stupid try to inject them...all the college kids are gonna be really pissed.. well not really since most of them get prescribed concerta and rits an generic adderalls...and the dexatrine...the is the worst for abuse...

^ It's just as abusable, just because you can't snort it doesn't mean it's not abusable, it just means people who think you can.. and do so.. are going to be disappointed. But you're right, It's just a way for the company to keep making money.

You guys seem to be implying it's a bad thing Shire Pharmaceuticals is seeking to profit from Vyvanse. This doesn't negate the fact that the drug is superior and more effective in many ways to Adderall & Adderall XR. The medication is able to deter many potentials for abuse (IV, insufflation, inhalation, etc.) while providing a 12-hour therapeutic effect in one capsule.

agreed. Or 12-hours of speedy fun for those of us who are occasional recreational users. I have experience with ritalin IRs, ERs, and adderall IRs, XR's... all strengths. The vyvanse 70mg imo is vastly superior to the ones Ive tried as far as mild crash, smooth stimulation and somewhat subtle euphoria that doesn't make me look like as much of a jackass as when im sped out on the other ones. Not doing uppers anymore really, just my 2c. My name is spaz Im an opiate addict, thanks for lettin me share. PEACE AND BE SAFE! -spaz

It's not really.. a bad thing. I Just know I wouldn't feed this to my kid. That scares me that there are 8 year olds on this stuff every day. Knowing that it can mess an adult up.... NO way that I'd ever give my hypothetical child a drug like this. Parents need to be more informed as to what this actually is, and school systems need to stop pushing for drugs and start pushing for alternative remedies that actually solve the problem at it's source, play therapy is good. As for adults, there are similar things that help. I don't agree with treating disorders exclusively by drugs in most cases, medication should be used as a 'bridge' of sorts, to control symptoms while the problem is being solved at the source. Nobody should have to be on medication indefinitely. Although ADHD drugs 'solve' the problem it's only treating symptoms... Poor twacked out kiddos.

I too have ADHD as part of my overall Bipolar 2. This combination is a barrier to learning and carrying out tasks without going overboard or getting sidetracked.

After a year of use, Vyvanse continues to be somewhat effective in these areas, though only about 50% as much as before. As for the euphoria and weight loss benefits, they are totally gone.

I figure I'd have to stay off V for several months to eliminate the tolerance I've built up after a year's daily use (two 30MG caps each morning). And stopping Vyvanse when you're depression-prone is NOT easy.

- JM