• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

i snorted. nothing happened. the only dose that makes me feel good is the one prescrbied 50mg taken orally. then I tried more all I got was headache and tiredness.

getting high. convinced my psico that I have ADD. trying to replace coke but ended up doing both at the same time for 3 days now. buzz went away but i want more.

When I was first diagnosed with Severe Combination ADHD with GAD on top of it I was put on Vyvannse at first. I absolutely hated it. And first off it wasn't even approved for adult or teen use at the time. I had sever mood swings and would start crying for no reason. It does seam like a more subtle affect than adderall. Its there but it seams more natural. Anyways I told my doc about the mood swings and she made me quit right away and left me a script for Adderall. This is Just Shires way of trying to save face for their rights of Adderall XR running out in 20009. Shire even spent like $2.9 billion to obtain Riverside Pharmaceuticals who developed Vyvannse to get exclusive rights to Vyvannse. It
s all a money game and they way shire is pushing doc to script it is idiotic and unethical in my eyes. Just so docs can get good kick backs. Just my 2 cents.

me neither. I don't get it. Arent my messages clear? I'm just trying to understand this whole blue light thing but I don't feel very welcomed. Everytime I say or ask something, I get somekind of nasty answer. All I'm trying to do is to share my experience and see if anyone else has done the same. I'm not trying to scam my doctor. I don't need to do that.

Perhaps you should read the other drugs guidelines and policies. This forum exists for harm reduction, not helping people get high. And certainly not for "convincing your doctor you have ADD" to score amphetamines. We have certain rules we must abide by, and there's also a sort of unwritten, unspoken code of conduct around here. You'll pick it up after a while.

This drug says it lasts 12 hours, but I felt it wearing off after 4, after which I would become extremely irritable and grouchy. The "high" feeling wore off after about a week but I could still feel myself coming off it after about 4 hours. I liked it better than adderall because I could always go to sleep at night and I didn't feel as strung out.

so i have a psychotic appointment tomorrow, and im wondering...

since first time i came into his office he proceeded to shove vyvanse into my mouth (the pamphlets, not the pills. they say the pamphlets are secretly coated with amphetamine transdermal coating..and...) but when i saw that LIS i mistook it for like a l, as in a levo, and thought...this is like l-amp, so i declined and we agreed on trusty dextrostat. so now im thinking...dextrostat is addictive, let's not joke. maybe i can switch to vyvanse and like....all my addiction shall be over?

that is to say i am addicted to amp, but when 2 days pass without me taking it, i suddenly become happy pappy without them.....this stuff...well..anything XR, seems promising. xanax XR changed my life....effexor became XR and i became XTRA generic in my personality at once....ambien went XR..but well, that one we divide up and use the IR portion (we being the collective we, as in we but not I necessarily)...everything will be XR in the future.

Personality XR.

so should i go from 40ish QD dex tolerance to 80mg vyvanse (amFETAmine)/? my insurance has some sort of personal thing going on with Shire....the CEOs must be fucking each other satisfactorily and with much pleasure since the preferred drug list covers ALL shire meds, but it doesn't cover generic librium.....

go figure, as Linda would say.

so advise? forum? quorum?

Dear God....

....I guess children do have to be tolerated but my 7 year old is more advanced than some^^who are giving legitimate ADD patients a bad name. They should at least act about 10 years old ya think??=D

i have a brand name only policy....

that goes for your smiley faces and nonsensical and pointless advice, with all due respect and not to be rude and je m'excuse et c et c.

?

anyway. others?

snicker

ah yes...a IN te lec tual asshole...is still a asshole...:p bring that nose of yours down a bit Vman:p

I am BP2 and first tried Ritalin to calm me down. Hated it from the start -- very speedy and super-bad crashes. Switched to Vyvanse, started at 30 and got a nice mellow feeling for most of the day. Came down with benzos and slept well. Went to 60 as tolerance built up after a week, then 90. Take 2 after getting up and another an hour or two later. Lasts 12 hours.

You will stop getting a pleasant buzz from Vyvanse after about a week of steady usage. You need to stop or drastically cut back for a few days. Then when you restart, the nice buzz comes back.

I find this drug calms me down and lets me focus on productive work, as well as be more communicative with people -- just as a good amphetamine should. The all-day consistency is far more appealing to me than a short-term high. Being able to get to sleep is also great.

Watch it if you're an athlete tho -- I'm a cyclist and on a couple of 30s I will push myself all day at very high heart rate unless I consciously make the effort to slow down and take rests. Even after a tough all-day ride I have a nice come-down and good sleep, and can physically recover from the exertion in one day.

The golden rule is a few days on and a few days off. 60 should give you a nice steady dosage.

I take 50mgs a day Vyvanse along with antidepressants and Duragesic 100patches and Xanax .50 (all as directed). It's seems I have fibromyalgia with a BIG side order of Depression, some anxiety and now have JUST been diagnosed with "ADD". I want to be my old self again so I will take whatever they say. I see a psychologist not sure why and I see a psychiatrist for meds.

So I'm super depressed (I want to live and be my old self again that makes me bitter that I can no longer do that) with anxiety in bed most of the time from the fibro and apparently NOW have trouble paying attention (to what I am not sure I had to quit my job because of all of this (minus the "ADD"). A job I loved and went to college for) I guess so I can have a better understanding of world events as I watch CNN or Fox News. It's bizarre but I am drained from trying to always be pro-active.

ANYWAY, My point here WAS that Vyvanse if nothing else is a helleva weight loss program. I TOTALLY forget to eat. Just wild. So much for FOCUSING and staying on topic.

I am new here. I just signed up. I appreciate all your input on all these different subjects on Bluelight. If I went too much off topic I'm sorry. With the VYVANSE I guess I am focusing better. I focus on the scale more than I used to ;-) I am waiting for the day to see if it helps me in the office. But that's for an entirely different thread.

Thanks for being so great to the new ones. That is what gave me the courage to sign up. I am not on these sites often. But I feel like I would be welcome here.

Thanks for reading.

RockNRoll: If you're like me you won't respond to the usual antidepressants. Anti-seizure drugs (Lamictal and Gabapentin) really helped with my depression -- you might want to talk to your shrink about them even if like me u r not prone to seizures.

I'm levelling off to 30 - 60 mg/day Vyvanse in the a.m. and yes it's an incredible appetite suppressant. Also for me a great antidepressant. I use Temazepam to get to sleep.

Being home alone and not working is super depressing all by itself, and no drug can cure that. Like everybody else you need to be around people, either working or studying or even volunteering, etc. Even if it's physically uncomfortable try to get out of the house during the day. Good luck.

vyvanse

vyvanse is wonderful , im on 70mgs a day. that and my 24 mgs of subetex + 3mgs of klonipin .......:) great days good work ethic cannot ask for better combo. peace and love good people

my doc said he will prescribe me this or XR adderall. it sounds like the group vote is that this has less negative side effects than addy. is that what im getting?

if youve been on both please tell me which one youd rather have, and why.

i hope someone still reads this.

Deveel said:
This drug is 100% abusable. I didn't think it was till a kid I hung out with last Friday was talking about how much he liked it. This kid is highly experienced with uppers (adderall, coke, crack and god knows what else) He was acting very fucking weird and wouldn't stop talking and was acting delusional and just rather strange. I asked him what the fuck he was on and he said he took 11 of his 50mg vyvanse pills yesterday and hadn't slept since then.

I'd like to give this stuff a try in the near future.
dont take 11 youll probably die no shit 2,-70 mgs is more than enough for a good clean dex buzz:)

I don't have ADD or ADHD but I seemed to have gained many of the symptoms of ADHD such as hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity due to my outrageous drug use. I am also a recovering heroin/oxycodone addict which I think contribute to these symptoms as well. I got prescribed 30mgs but decided to take two for the first day. I'll let you know all know what I think.

The capsules are already powder.. does crushing it do anything?

EDIT: after reading the posts, I guess that because it is already in powder form and crushing it up further doesn't do anything. I was trying to figure out how to make it IR but after 30 minutes of consuming 2, 30mg capsules (i did decide to try and crush them up further) I have a nice buzz and am focused.

Last edited: