• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Really, vyvanse is just a way for Shire to continue having a patent in the ADHD market. Realistically it's just as abusable as adderall.

It's not unabusable. It just has to be converted to something or rather in the stomach...search on this and you'll find it. It can't be snorted because it would not be active without being turned into....whatever it's turned into...in the stomach. This happens through the stomach's acids.

I could write a much more helpful post but I cant..think..atm.

im interested in this. dexedrine was too up and down to be theraputically useful.. that and i couldnt stop snorting it. maybe vyvanse is a smoother longer lasting ride?

Thanks klowns for sharing this with us. I've been extremely interested in People's experience with vyvanse. Everybody has been bashing it but no one's really tried it.

To me it seems like good fun if dosed right.

LivingOnValium said:
Thanks klowns for sharing this with us. I've been extremely interested in People's experience with vyvanse. Everybody has been bashing it but no one's really tried it.

To me it seems like good fun if dosed right.

210mg was always fun for me. long as shit though. lacks the kick too.

XiolaBleu said:
I'm not to sure I like Vyvanse. Suprisingly it made me really aggitated and gave me really bad cotton mouth, which comes as a shocker considering how many of the 15mg dexedrine spansules I went through (abused, crushed the little balls of joy) when I was younger.

Is it possible that lisexamfetamine itself has some weaker and/or especially agitating direct effects? Any studies confirming this or the other way around?

djxanax said:
Dear You,

New user. Long time peruser.

I will give free hand jobs to anyone who finds out how to cleave an Amino Acid off of dextroamphetamine with a viable return ratio.

This shit is absolute garbage. My friend with a legitimate need for it says it helps quite a bit (certainly more so than rit and even is Adddie XR)

As far as getting tweaked forget about it; A nice edge, maybe.

Important side note (I suppose): This is the new drug of choice in terms of ADD and ADHD for patients who A.) Don't want to be on alternatives or B.) Should no longer be on alternatives.

Keepin' it Stupid Phresh,
That guy from Police Academy who makes those funny noises.
Im pretty sure it is a strong acid required to cleave of the amino acid. &t is down right now so I cant find the thread.

i take yvanse 50 mg's and i find that taking 3 of those gives me a good clean high, and lasts for 10 hours . its a bit more speedy than adderall and i would prefer yvanse over aderall or dex. hands down.. taking too much on a full stomach sometimes makes you throw up constantly for about an hour... so dont do that.

coastin said:
i take yvanse 50 mg's and i find that taking 3 of those gives me a good clean high, and lasts for 10 hours . its a bit more speedy than adderall and i would prefer yvanse over aderall or dex. hands down.. taking too much on a full stomach sometimes makes you throw up constantly for about an hour... so dont do that.
THats interesting because it is just being converted to dextroamphetamine in the stomach. I dont see why it would be more speedy as adderal has a couple of different amp salts in it.

Take trypsin , a digestive enzyme when you take it. Turns it into IR dexedrine!

Yay!

^ Thank you for that information. Trypsin. Will remember this!

+5 for the contribution! Thanks Lenses!

I was just prescribed 50mg of Vyvanse in place of Adderall XR (I'm not sure why I was changed meds? but I think Shire is really pushing this drug on doctors). Anyways I haven't tried it but there are some potential advantages. Vyvanse is an altered version of d-amphetamine (the stronger stereochemical compared to l-amphetamine - higher receptor binding affinity, I'm guessing). Adderall IR and XR are a mixture of both d and l and their salts.

I've seen posts about the stomach and metabolism, but I'll explain how amphetamine goes through the body. The stomach really has nothing to do with the drug - except - an acidic pH can break down amphetamine. This means less of the drug is likely to get absorbed into the bloodstream (this is why you see posts that say you should take tums or mix baking soda with water before you take adderall, dexedrine, etc. and avoid juices). The remaining undestroyed amount is absorbed in the GI track and into the bloodstream. From the bloodstream, amphetamine is broken down in the liver.

Now we need to deal with Vyvanse. The amphetamine NH2 group is protected by the amino acid lysine, so pH will have very little of an effect. All of the posts about mixing with an acid (or lemon juice) aren't correct. Since the NH2 group is protected, the drug will survive the stomach acid much more efficiently. Lysine is cleaved off in the small intestines by the enzyme trypsin leaving d-amphetamine to be sent through the body. The d-amphetamine hits the DAT (dopamine transporter) and increases extracellular dopamine (and norepinephrine and serotonin) i.e. the euphoria and stimulant effects. After doing it's job, d-amphetamine is sent to the liver for further metabolism. Vyvanse is a pro-drug and must be activated via the enzyme trypsin before it is of any use. Since Vyvanse is "protected", the release is controlled, which isn't good if you are expecting a sudden/sharp effect that Adderall IR or dexedrine offers. Also, Vyvanse can't be abused intravenously or by insufflation. However, one major advantage is the fact that it isn't torn apart by stomach acid. A study shows that 50% more of the d-amphetamine from Vyvanse is present, than if plain d-amphetamine is exposed to the stomach prior to absorption.

My theory and I'm sorry I can't provide quantities or specifics (I haven't tried it and would never promote the process ;)) is to obtain trypsin from a biochemical supply company and make a solution or purchase a solution. Trypsin can also be bought as a supplement if I'm not mistaken. If the Vyvanse powder is combined, an enzymatic reaction will occur and you are left with d-amphetamine, trypsin, and other binders/fillers from what is in the pill. The extras don't really matter and the amphetamine is now "activated". For example, 25 mg Vyvanse could yield roughly 7 mg of d-amphetamine (equal to 10 mg Dexedrine) This equivalency is not based on personal experimental data and is in the FDA approval guide (link below). However, it should be expected not all of it will be converted. Optimal pH for trypsin to work is around 8.

*I just realized that with this procedure you are left with a liquid. I don't know the specifics on this (melting pt, ect.) I'll look it up in my CRC Handbook and Merck Index, but I'm assuming that you can carefully heat the solution in a watch glass just enough to evaporate the water to form a powder precipitate. Note: If the temperature exceeds the melting point of amphetamine, you will lose a lot of your product.

The reason I believe this will work is because trypsin is added to baby food to predigest it. Another basic experiment shows that when added to milk, trypsin breaks down casein proteins leaving the milk translucent. What is great about this reaction is that it doesn't involve harmful organic chemicals and really isn't a chemical synthesis (just doing what your body does naturally) and any trypsin left in the final product is harmless.

The FDA isn't stupid. There was a real push from Shire to have Vyvanse to be scheduled as III instead of II (There are some executive memos in the FDA link below). I'm sure the FDA took into account all possibilities.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/nda/2007/021977s000_ClinPharmR.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15034119

(I have a B.S. in Biochem so I'm not just pulling this from my a** either)... I love it. It takes Shire Pharmaceuticals close to a decade to make a "very low abuse" stimulant and we can undo that in 10 minutes.

Last edited:
There were some statements that were not correct to my knowledge. I won't recollect now who said what, but in short words it's like this:

1. Making your Vyvanse acidic before use does NOT affect metabolism in an important manner. An amide isn't this easily cleaved (you need normally strong acids like conc. sulfuric acid and/or reflux conditions (e.g. higher temperatures) for longer periods like some hours). Citric acid won't do anything then adding a nice flavour.

2. It is correct, that the lysine residue is cleaved by trypsin, but this does NOT take place in the bloodstream, nor in the liver. Trypsin is (if you define it exactly) placed in it's active form outside (!) our body, i.e. in our stomach. A substance is therefor still "outside" as far as it hasn't been absorbed into the bloodstream through mouth mucosa, stomach or (most likely) through our intestines. Look here for some basics about trypsin: http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p.../molecule_of_the_month/alphabetical_list.html

3. As said in 1., acid does not affect cleavage of the amide bond itself. But trypsin, as an enzyme, has an optimum range for working properly and that range includes temperature (nice 38 °C, coz it's slightly warmer inside of us) and also the pH (which is around 2 when we have eaten something).

Just to put the last things together: "Lis" is by means of pharmaceutical action THE SAME as "Dex", the differences are in the kinetics (slower, therefore less rush etc.).

Is this all helpful apart from being annoyingly informative? Yep, it is. Trypsin is extremely easy to obtain (find out yourself, where :D ) and can be used in an enzyme-supported organic synth for getting the "real" Dex out of the "fake" Lis. Procedure should be very easy but as this is against the forum rules, I won't post details.

Peace!

Optimal pH of laboratory use and natural trypsin is ~8. not 2

Trypsin is produced in the pancreas (in an inactive form). Trypsin is present in small amounts in the stomach and is most readily available in it's active form in the small intestines in an alkaline environment (pH ~8 ) to promote maximum enzymatic activity. It would be common sense that trypsin would be located throughout the body, but the highest concentration is in the small intestines. The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | Date: 2007

I do stand corrected and apologize on this note: I thought from the pancreas, the activated trypsin was sent to the liver. The pancreas secretes trypsin and an alkaline fluid into the small intestines through a series of exocrine ducts. However, I'm not sure where this comment is coming from, but very little, if any, metabolism would occur in the bloodstream.

Anyways, MurphyClox (I'm guessing a Brit because of flavour and coz), if you have any other ideas about hammering out a clean experiment with good yields let me know. I don't plan on using this for myself, but plenty of my friends would love to have this figured out (and me explain it to them haha). It is a brand new drug, but I am actually surprised no one has suggested this procedure.

In response to my own question about the melting point. Here is some data that I just copied and pasted from wikipedia (I hate doing it, but I'm assuming they are correct). This is for amphetamine.
Physical data
Melt. point 280–281 °C (536–538 °F)
Solubility in water 50–100 mg/mL (16C°) mg/mL (20 °C)
Pharmacokinetic data
Bioavailability Oral 20–25%; nasal 75%; rectal 95–99%; intravenous 100%

Last edited:
I do have to say I just started taking Vyvanse and it is so much better than Adderall. I'm sure it is fun to get a buzz off of Adderall every once in awhile or use it to study. But when you do have ADD and have to take ridiculous dosages (usually much larger than commonly abused amounts) and have to do this everyday (multiple times a day) it is really hard on your body. For the first 2 weeks of starting Adderall, I felt like a meth addict. I would crash very hard, I had horrible insomnia, and my body reeked of ammonia (and was extremely hard to cover up with deoderant or even cologne). The negative side effects were improved over time, but still exist. For me, Adderall IR doesn't last more than a couple of hours which requires multiple doses with very pronounced highs and crashes. I personally thought Adderall XR was a hell of a lot worse than IR (in terms of feeling awful). From what I've observed with Vyvanse, it is the same adderall feeling and lasts a very long time with more of a constant effect. So, I am really liking Vyvanse.

Last edited:
i have an adderall prescription, and the longer i've been on it the less i like it. i find it's effects to greatly change over time. anyway, my friend had some of these Vyvanse 75mg orangle/blue capsules. okay jesus christ i just popped one the first day and stayed up for two days. it jacked me up beyond belief. i couldn't eat or stop talking. today i popped open the capsule and did bumps, the powder is really fine and the drip is kinda sweet. i like it, but it does last for a god awful long time, and i just had to take a peach xanax to help me come down to sleep. last night i didnt' sleep at all. how do they get it to last so long? i dunno this stuff is crazy to me, i like it, but i can NOT imagine a kid on this shit.

I really like Vyvanse. It's such a nice, long, clean amphetamine high. I recently went on a three-day binge with that stuff - not recommended. :(

i take it, i like it better than aderall and everything else, very clean