• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

I dont get how that guy cant sleep for 48 hours after a single dose. For me it prooves the vyvanse placebo 12hr bullshit. for me its just a delaying release drug. I mean, my body convert all in 1-2 hours so it takes time to kick but comes strong, peaks high and lasts 3-4 hours only.
for exemple, eat lots of fatty foods and then take a IR dexedrine = Vyvanse ©

Vyvanse is, in my opinion, the best drug for treating narcolepsy/add on the market. The way it is absorbed keeps tolerance from building rapidly and keeps a person moving for the full span of the work day. IR type medications, I feel, are better for producing creative works and school assignments during a short period of time.

IT seems to me that this drug affects people more differently than any one i've seen. When I take it, it works for exactly three hours, followed by two-three hours of a comedown. After that I am completely normal and can eat/sleep. Other people I know that have taken it are up for 12-14 hours, some for 8, some for 20+.....

In my experience with vyvanse (first amp ever had, would dose 150-200mg) I get a comeup to begin after the 1hr mark, end up peaking for 3-4 hours but it seems like there's multiple mini peaks like it comes in waves. Here is a related image suggesting that http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0028390812003437-gr2.jpg

After it peaks for however long and is no longer going to peak anymore, I have the longest comedown. I can still feel the dopamine uptake for hours, steadily for a long time then it very very slowly begins to wear off. I'll still feel like there's a bit of dopamine uptake 18-20 hours later.

At first I thought vyvanse wasn't a preffered form of amp, but I've grown to like the extended experience. I dont really enjoy drugs or ROAs that have a quick absorbtion and then a peak then comedown. Smoking weed is similar in that respect too. I always cook it for the strong extended long high.

I'm still up and feeling it some from 150mg I took at 10pm last night. 8:30 now. The most I've taken before all at once was 200mg, but one time I took 100mg and then another 150mg a hour or so after the first dose began to kick in. That double dose was quite strong, I was using it to get through a 3 day period of kratom withdrawals. I've been told by my friend who studies chemistry that amphetamines are quite toxic. I could really feel that in the double dose I took. I was tweaked and enjoyed it, but my body felt very unhealthy and I'd get random twinges and minor pains randomly around my body. I remember my left testicle would twinge with a pretty decent amount of pain at random intervals, and that persisted until 2.5-3days later. I also stayed up for 3 days that double dose and got my first taste of sleep deprived amp hallucinations. It's interesting territory, I'd like to explore and research it more, but it's just not worth the excessive stress on my body. I guess a taste of that is enough. I wouldn't dose that high again. 150mg seems like plenty to have fun and not overdo it. Perhaps I'd try dosing a second time 12 or more hours after dosing previously.

Nitrous chargers go very well with amps! Heh... sorry for my poorly organized thoughts. Was speedin up all night blasting bass music the whole time (which feels amazing on the body).

Edit: I forgot to mention, this last night where I took 150mg was the first time I experienced any significant teeth grinding. My teeths are a bit sore this morning, I'm very sure this teeth grinding was brought on by sitting out at night in my car (missing a window) and the shivers/tightness from the cold temperature promoted teeth grinding.

Last edited:
For harm reduction, try 50 mg of magnium for stimulant-induced teeth grinding (bruxism). It works well. Also, bruxism is very bad for your teeth. You can chip your teeth, and basically file down your teeth in a noticable way, and it can cause cavities (by causing gum recession, according to my dentist, an expert on it). Use a night guard. You'll want what is the most expensive kind, which is from a dentist, and very hard (although I've heard from one person with a cheap dentist that received a soft version. Don't use that). It costs $400 or so for it, and I imagine that means the dentist marks it up the standard retail markup of 50% (or is it 100%?)

Vyvanse for me is a miracle. When i am orescribed short-acting stims, I do not try to get high, or get high by accident, even, but I do have a habit of taking more than prescribed to complete an essay or study for classes. This ineviably means I must spend a week or two without any stimulants, which severely affects my grades. On Vyvanse, I don't take more than prescribed, since it stops metabolizing after 200mg anyhow, and besides, I don't enjoy insomnia, so I am not tempted to re-dose after 7 AM.

140 mg of Vyvanse equals 60mg of Adderall XR, which is what Adderall dose works for me. But even though my current doc prescribes me Adderall 20mg 3x/day (60mg/day), she will not prescribe me more than 70mg of Vyvanse, because that's what is the"maximum dose" in the PDR.

my insurance, however, prior authorized me for up to 170mg. So I'm switching to a clinic that focuses on AD/HD (a hospital, repuable clinic) on the hopes they'll me more sympathetic. I want to get it together and not suffer withdrawals from taking more than prescribed of Adderall early in th month. Taking more than prescribed of an amphetamine is the most absurd thing ever, because you're just guaranteeing withdrawal for when the bottle is emptied out, and who wans that? I don't understand why anyone would desire that. I'm trying to get better, and I hope some in this thread try to as well.

I was taking 30 mgs of Adderal IR throughout the day for depression and ADD, however the nightly comedown would cause me to feel suicidal, binge-eat and fight with my boyfriend which is definitely not what I want. I don't have insurance (or a job, being a full-time student takes enough out of me) so Adderal XR was out of the question. Shire has a patient assistance program for Vyvanse and after some paperwork and laziness on my part, I got the free drug card. Unfortunately, it can only be used to prescribe the medication for usage once a day. My doctor switched me from 30mgs of Adderal IR to 30mgs of Vyvanse. From what I have read she pretty much decreased my Adderall amount. It makes a huge difference. Gone is any of the anxiety, but I'm also about ready to go to bed at 5PM. I spoke with her on the phone and she told me to take some Adderal IR in the afternoons which is sort of problematic with my whole eating schedule (which I didn't discuss with her). I took about 15mgs of Adderal IR about an hour ago to finish my homework/stay awake and as of now, it's just getting my digestive system kicking. Anyway my doctor told me to think about how much we should increase the Vyvanse (I'm straight up thinking 30 mgs, to 60 mgs because taking two seems to get me through the day) but I am worried I may seem "pill hungry". I currently have prescriptions for 2 anti-anxiety medicines, 1 muscle relaxer, 2 stim prescriptions (sort of) and some Prozac.

stillcloudstill- Where did you hear it stops metbolizing after 200 mg? I don't think that's true.

you can definitely feel the effects over 200mg. at first anyway. The length of time its taken whether its as perscribed for a week or nonstop for 2 or so days, tolerance builds fast and the effects of vyvanse can be dramatically lowered no matter how many you take to try and boost it back up. After being up for 30 hours it becomes depressingly clear that the first dose high that's being chased is never coming back...until the next perscription, that is. MY question is, IS there anyone out there that has taken and can tolerate crazy high doses of vyvanse? I'm talking about 800-1000 mg within a 30 hour period... and still going??? also, Sadly neglected to get any kind of potentiator.

So I took 140 mg of vyvanse for the very 1st time and felt nothing. Just my heart rate went up and my blood pressure, but no focus or energy, nor any "high". Da fuq is up with that?! All I keep reading online is about ppl who took like 60mg and got focused, energetic and high...

you can definitely feel the effects over 200mg. at first anyway. The length of time its taken whether its as perscribed for a week or nonstop for 2 or so days, tolerance builds fast and the effects of vyvanse can be dramatically lowered no matter how many you take to try and boost it back up. After being up for 30 hours it becomes depressingly clear that the first dose high that's being chased is never coming back...until the next perscription, that is. MY question is, IS there anyone out there that has taken and can tolerate crazy high doses of vyvanse? I'm talking about 800-1000 mg within a 30 hour period... and still going??? also, Sadly neglected to get any kind of potentiator.

800mg-1g over 30 hours is really a ton. I get what you're asking but that seems a bit extreme, seems like you'd have to have a high tolerance to be doing something like that.

As for your question, I don't take stims very often, but I have access to vyvanse and sometimes will take it recreationally. With pretty much no tolerance, I'd take 150-200mg and just be really high all night and still be high and slowly coming down the next day. I really prefer the extended-release mechanics of vyvanse. It would really linger around in me and I typically have trouble falling asleep. I wouldn't typically redose at all since I would be up for like 2 days from taking the one dose.

I have 'bumped' by redosing after the initial dose, but I'd rather not extend the duration of the entire thing. I feel like being up for 2 days for getting high on a drug is a lot to set aside just for just getting high. So I don't do it very often and I don't have any craving or desire to do it again anytime soon. I'm like that with most hard drugs. I sure do enjoy it a lot the times I do indulge though.

I have been on psychostimulants for many years,i believe since I was nine or ten. I an now eighteen. I have been on such a myriad of different medications that I could barely begin to recite all of them (sarcasm, but really I have been on a shitload of different formulations/types of speed. In response to the above stated question, I have taken RIDICULOUS amounts of both adderall and vyvanse in a relatively short time period. This is going to be an extraordinary feat so read on to be amazed.

I was in seventh or eighth grade, and an avid world of warcraft (WoW) player. I'd noticed that I had trouble sleeping when I took it, (i already stayed up until 5 am to get the most play time in and be able to farm materials for gold when theres few others doing so) so I went to the medicine cabinet and got my 90 day scripts of addy and vyvanse (my doc was the shit when it came to prescribing meds) and since I'd been on them for around 5 yrs I had a tolerance, so I started out taking several of each. Enticed by how elevated my playing ability was, and my level of alertness, I continued taking several every few hours, loving the amazing rush that speed gives (i have an incredibly addicting personality, I would later end up using heroin by age 16).

It was the summer and my dad traveled 5 days a week year round, and I was a very rebellious adolescent, so my mother left me be. Two days, dozens of 30mg adderall and 50 mg vyvanse in, I.went to my friends house to have a WoW get together, and subsequently brought the pills. I noticed that after a few days, I was at a constant peak due to redosing. At about day five, I started to have lapses in time. While my friends slept (i offered them some of the miracle pills but they said no) I would play like a fanatic and eat the speed faster than my body could process it, and would unknowingly black out and come to several hours later for a brief period of time with new items and giving people advice to people on how they specced incorrectly. I'm amazed now how at age thirteen and fourteen I was able to have highly intellectual conversations with fully grown adults, this drug really is powerful, and I fully believe it to to be a super-drug.

This continued for three and a half days, and totalled eight and a half days. I do not recall a great majority of it, but I passed out after taking shots of vodka and drinking beer (one of my first drinking experiences) and laying down. I fell asleep on a monday at 8am, I remember this only because my friends parents left for work, and woke up on thursday with an annihilated immune system. Upon returning home I took even more pills and after one more night of gaming, felt horribly ill and went to sleep. When I woke I had a horrid cough and was taken to the doctor. I was diagnosed with severe pneumonia and had to be put on a bronchilator (spelling) right before my family and I went on vacation to california. In conclusion, this is an awe inspiring drug, both adderall and vyvanse, but if abused enough has severe repercussions.

I am now eighteen, as previously stated, and that was my first, yet unintended abusing of drugs. I have since became fascinated with psychoactives, and have done extensive research on all drugs (erowid is a close "friend" and I have subsequently used a great deal of hard and exotic drugs, which first began when I took MDMA at age 15. I abused MDMA like I did my meds and it has lost its magic. This continued when I smoked methamphetamine a week after I turned sixteen, and used various 2C-b,e,i phenenthylamines, and my current drug of choice is heroin.

In conclusion, when it comes to euphoria, adderall IR is in my opinion the clear champion for those with a significant tolerance to stimulant drugs. 2 30mg adderall IR get me well through a school day (5 hours) and vyvanse not giving me any euphoria, just a generic"speedy" feeling. I'm currently on 150mg vyvanse, and it is great for concentration, as I've never articulated that ordeal in such detail, or ever had the patience to do so, but I as an addict, love that rush I get from adderall IR.

I probably took in upwards of one or two thousand mgs of them, albeit there were invariably some times when I missed the usual dosing pattern during my black outs. I have had people believe I am making up this story but I see no reason for me spending the 15-20 minutes to fabricate this event and type it from my phone. My life at the moment is an (in)direct consequence of this event, and it releasing the monster of an addict from inside of me.

anyone whose prescribed vyvanse, can you tell me if you've felt as if your craving for other drugs has diminished? Maybe its just me, but I havent realy even wanted to do anything else really, even some of my favorites. Just want to know if anyone else experienced this.

I basically don't want to smoke pot since I started taking it. I'm spending a couple days without my daily dose though so it looks like I'm gonna need to smoke a bit. I also have less desire to get hammered every night. I still do though old habits die hard.

Wow, I thought I was the only person in the world who took this drug!

I can honestly say this one has helped me a lot with deppression, focus, and motivation. I love it and take every morning.

Wow, I thought I was the only person in the world who took this drug!

I can honestly say this one has helped me a lot with deppression, focus, and motivation. I love it and take every morning.

How long have you been taking it? Eventually, the mood and motivation effects tend to diminish as you become tolerant to them (the used to use amphetamines as first line antidepressants before iproniazid and imipramine were invented in the 1950s, and the problem was that they worked great for a while but eventually stopped helping with mood AND now the patient was a daily amp user), though the focus effects should remain relatively constant provided you don't decide to periodically up your dose. Anyhow, good luck, and always think about it very carefully before you decide to raise your dose (in consultation with your doctor or not), as if you never raise your dose, your tolerance will only get but so high, but once you start taking higher doses, your tolerance may very well take off and then your normal dose won't work well at all.

I think the anti-depressant effect is lasting; people have a hard time distinguishing a high from an antidepressant effect. There's no reason to believe the dopaminergic system is an anomaly relative to the other monoamines in this sense, or even in regards to peptides/amino acids.

Great drug... One of the few Rx drugs I can't IV (which is a good thing) while still getting the same effects. I had to stop taking it due to the cost once I got off my dad's insurance when I turned 26. I was on Dexedrine Spansules for a while, but they were super expensive too (I think I had told my doc I needed to switch prior to losing my insurance so I could find a good substitute). There's an article out there about how the price increase in Dexedrine Spansules versus inflation are majorly skewed. Now I'm on Ritalin, and hate it as I have a good reason to IV it (baby speedball when mixed with my oxymorphone).

I am majorly ADHD (or whatever the correct term is nowadays)... I IV'ed meth once and had to take a nap afterwards. Does anyone else with a valid Rx for Vyvanse find that the drug makes them drowsy? Or am I just a weirdo? I hate Adderall as I think the L-Amp in it causes all the horrible side effects. On Vyvanse I could eat, concentrate, had energy (I'm narcoleptic too), didn't talk too much like on the Ritalin, and could sleep if I wanted to. Again, great drug if you are ADHD.

I basically don't want to smoke pot since I started taking it. I'm spending a couple days without my daily dose though so it looks like I'm gonna need to smoke a bit. I also have less desire to get hammered every night. I still do though old habits die hard.

Sadie the ball python found that smoking cannabis while on amphetamines caused her gums to hurt more than they already did while on the amps - despite being highly vigilant about avoiding drymouth. So, now she has very little desire to smoke as a result.