• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Vyvanse isn't metabolized in the gut by trypsin like you'd think. It is converted to dextroamphetamine by the hydrolytic action of red blood cells. That's why monkeys/humans liked IV lisdexamfetamine. And why the DEA made it schedule II. You want to turn it into dextroamphetamine, leave it in some blood. Not these digestive enzymes.

Really vyvanse is fucking pointless since it's schedule II. Clobenzorex, and benzphetamine are cheaper prodrugs for dexamp and dexmeth. IV adderall/dexedrine isn't a problem in the first place.Shire is solving a problem that doesn't exist. It just another cash cow for shire now that Adderall XR is generic, which also was no real advancement above Biphetamine(10mg amphetamine and 10mg dextroamphetamine in an ion-exchange resin, the famous black beauties) Desoxyn gradumet or Dexedrine Spansule. Hell adderall is an irrational combination of different amphetamine salts with no advantage over dexedrine.

A dirty little secret is lisdexamphetamine isn't extended release. lisdextroamphetamine's(opps, i mean lisdexamfetamine, can't have people thinking it's speed) half life is less than 1 hour, and it peaks in 1 hour. blood levels of lisdexamfetamine 'low and transient' and gone in 8 hours.
Who's willing to bet shire will 'discover' Vyvanse XR right when the patent of Vyvanse expires?

Opiate addict will get satisfaction from stimulants. Someone told me they didn't feel sick after smoking meth. This is what the morphine-benzedrine scale is based on.

Er, I am confused. Everywhere I read that it is metabolized in the "small intestines" by an enzyme excreted from the pancreas. Such was my understanding. *confused*

Like my physician told me a few weeks ago when I started:

"Vyvanse is the middle road I am willing to go, here. All of those other medicines end up being shoved where the son don't shine or pushed into a vein with a needle. No. I only prescribe Vyvanse because of it's abuse proof qualities, meaning it can't be used any other way than the way I WANT them to, which is not getting high, and having control over their add".

You mention that the enzyme is in the blood, so why then aren't people shooting it up and all manner if other illicit uses?

Do not mistake my intentions here as rude. I love to further understand these things for fun. :)

Last edited:
What you've witness is the power of Madison Avenue marketing. My doctor, who chastized me for smoking marijuana and being an all around druggie, was all like Vyvanse is fucking great, meth/weed is bad. The reason is because Shire has brainwashed everyone into thinking Vyvanse actually represents an advance in ADD treatment. Why take risks and spend billions on new shit that probably won't work when you can tweak(ha!) an already effective drug, the 130 year old amphetamine, then advertise and promote the shit out of it, and make just as much money. The theory in developing lisdexamphetamine was that it would be broken down by trypsin and it could be only taken orally, and even then there'd be a ceiling dose that would overwhelm the trypsin. However if you look at the FDA approved prescribing information(http://pi.shirecontent.com/PI/PDFs/Vyvanse_USA_ENG.pdf), under clinical pharmacology and drug abuse and dependance, you'll see that lisdexamfetamine is metabolized by the blood cells quite rapidly and primates including humans liked IV lisdexamfetamine, not as much as IV coke or plain dextroamphetamine, but still way more than placebo.

It's not suprising Shire is doing this scam, they did the same thing with adderall. The mixed salts in Adderall were supposed to have a different absorbtion rates. But if you look at the prescribing info for Adderall(http://www.rxlist.com/adderall-drug.htm) and compare it to plain old dexedrine(http://www.rxlist.com/dexedrine-drug.htm) you'll see both had similar half-lives and similar peaks in 3 hours. They probably mixed dextroamphetamine with amphetamine to copy the infamous Biphetamine, which was a very popular street drug from the 60's-80's. Hell the levoamphetamine probably only adds side effects, no suprise adderall was once pulled off the market in Canada and other countries.

As to why nobody has shoot it, I'm almost certain someone has, just no ones posted about it on the internet yet. Really the kind of people who would slam it would rather get meth/coke. The average tweaker does more methamphetamine in a day then the maximium medical doses of amphetamine in a month.An ADD script isn't going to replace your dealer. Adderall isn't much of a street drug, it's shit college students take to balance work, party and study and to counteract fatigue from all that and sleep depravation, not so much to get high. Not many people IV adderall/dexedrine either, even though you could. It won't be great like IV dexedrine, probably won't have much of a rush, but it would feel stronger. I'd probably be like IV codeine, stronger but no rush like morphine.

But Vyvanse isn't the only prodrug of amphetamine. There are TONS, all generic so there's no money in studying them for ADD.Clobenzorex, Fenethylline, Amphetaminil, benzphetamine, dimethylamphetamine, fenproporex, mefenorex, phendimetrazine(not an amphetamine but similar), the list goes on. Prodrugs of amphetamine isn't an original idea. Many probably got lower abuse potential than lisdexamphetamine.

Last edited:
The first time I took Vyvanse, I ingested 2 50mg pills and... I was GONE. I was literally jogging in place, as I took a shower, because I couldn't stand still. At no point in my life have I ever felt the desire to just run. The euphoria was insane, on par with an MDMA experience. I've never had a more enjoyable experience on any prescription Amphetamine. I'm not sure what happened with you, but I definitely prefer Vyvanse over anything else.

I am prescribed 100mg Vyvanse ( two 50's) as a first starting dose. He seems to think that because vyvanse is studies in children and young teens, that 70mg would be the highest dose for a healthy clinical response in teens around 13. He lead me to think 140mg is the limit. I totally feel vyvanse and all day too.

I currently take suboxone with it so yes I really dont crave any other drugs whatsoever.

you are RIGHT in saying that Adderall fucks you up better than Vyvanse, but the reason most people think this way is because most people take these kind of drugs as "Study drugs" or just to make school more fun. Adderall IS stronger, but it lasts much shorter and is much more tweakier IME. Both are great drugs, but IMO Vyvanse is for school/projects and Adderall is for mixing with other drugs/partying
Adderall isn't any "stronger" than Vyvanse, but it does take effect significantly faster--how much so is dependent on MoA--and is more potent per-mg since it's not ~75% non-psychoactive like the composition of Vyvanse.

When you look past the inactive fluff used for time release, and get down to the "active ingredients", Vyvanse is hands down going to be more potent than Adderall's racemic mixture of "amphetamine salts". To oversimplify things, d-amp is the isomer that causes the characteristic amphetamine effects and euphoria related with increased dopamine levels, while l-amp tends to be relatively non-dopaminergic and for the most part, just increases norepinephrine levels resulting in more peripheral effects like increased heart rate, etc. This post regarding the presence of l-amp in ADD/ADHD medications goes over some basic talking point of the matter.

While dosing for Adderall is easier to manage, the straight d-amp from Vyvanse is going to produce a cleaner, smoother high with less pronounced negative effects. I've concluded that, as for my preference, the trade-off of Adderall's faster peak plasma levels and more convenient dosing, is well worth it for the vastly preferable, and longer lasting, effects of Vyvanse.

I took 210mg earlier tonight, so with the conversion factor of 0.2948 lisdexamfetamine->dextro-amphetamine, the end result is roughly 60mg of d-amp. This dose of Vyvanse is far preferable to any of my past forays into the realm of heavy (100mg+) doses of Adderall. I can actually catch a nice smooth buzz without getting all jittery and yucked out feeling like the d/l-amp mixture.

Last edited:
I much prefer vyvanse to adderall O.O

I find 60mg of adderall just makes me fucking cracked out and tweaking. 100mg of vyvanse (approx equi-dose) however provides me a NICE euphoric, mentally and physically stimulated high, which generally lasts 8-10 hours. All of which are nothing but FEEL GOOD. With Adderall I get cracked out to shit for 8 hours then i get greeted with a pounding headache and extreme tiredness almost instantaneously. (i.e. no comedown, go from hero to zero in no time at all)

^Have you tried Dexedrine? I can't stand Adderall (same issues as you list above) but Dexedrine works perfectly. Vyvanse is a prodrug for dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine).

I much prefer vyvanse to adderall O.O

I find 60mg of adderall just makes me fucking cracked out and tweaking. 100mg of vyvanse (approx equi-dose) however provides me a NICE euphoric, mentally and physically stimulated high, which generally lasts 8-10 hours. All of which are nothing but FEEL GOOD. With Adderall I get cracked out to shit for 8 hours then i get greeted with a pounding headache and extreme tiredness almost instantaneously. (i.e. no comedown, go from hero to zero in no time at all)
Hehe, sounds all too familiar. A few years back I had a couple instances where I tried to get "spun" via huge doses of Adderall, and trying to achieve a meth-like high was pretty much totally unpossible. =_=; I got up to about 280mg or so on the second attempt and I just ended up being all cracked out for ~30hrs while feeling physically sick and sporting a stubborn headache the whole time. Never wanted to try to get high on mixed amphet salts again after that...

^Have you tried Dexedrine? I can't stand Adderall (same issues as you list above) but Dexedrine works perfectly. Vyvanse is a prodrug for dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine).
If only dexies were more easily found in my area! As a self-proclaimed aficionado of fine stimulants—and veteran of many-year, nasty IV meth habit—I can safely say that dextroamphetamine is effectively my favorite stimulant right behind 4-MAR, which seems to be extinct these days. I've been thrilled to have found 70mg Vyvanse in large quantities a few times over the past year. They're basically a XR Dexidrine with some extra baggage (the relatively low dosage ceiling, variables involving enzyme cleaving, etc), but I'll take their smooth, clean, composed buzz over methamp or cocaine any day. Well, at least for the purpose of just riding a stimulant buzz à la carte, but if opiods are involved and I've got IV gear involved anyhow, I lean back towards coke and meth when shooting.

I want to switch to Aderall! Vyvance is a newer ADD medicine on the market. Your body adapts to it daily to reduce the abuse of Dex-amp.

I am a stimulant abuser, but i recently realise that i might have been tryin to medicated my self so i went to the psych doc and considering its been 11month i'm fully sober(no alcool either) he prescribe my Vyvanse. It works...for half a day (30mg) than i get a lil down but i recently realise that drinkin a coffe help me gettin my day done at least. Im going to the doc next week to give them my 4week review , and considering that they not i am an addict i fell akward to tell them that i think i might need a lil 10mg more. I also have this habit of eating so FAST that i was wondering if maybe my systeme get rid of the L-lysine faster. However i read 20 page of the thread and im surprise to see ppl sayin they need 70mg or 100mg...you really need that much?! i have been takin meth and amp for several years and i really dont see how revelant it is to take that much vyvanse!?!? Since i started i always took only one a day and im planning on being a good boy because this could be one of the key for my hardtime working in society but i worry that i might get use to it and end up takin 70mg a day me too

-Sorry for my poor english
peace

is it possible to open a vyvanse capsule and parachute like half the powder if you don't want to take the full amount at once?

is there any other ROA for vyvanse other than oral?

is it possible to open a vyvanse capsule and parachute like half the powder if you don't want to take the full amount at once?
Definitely, go ahead. The powder can be consumed in applesauce or another exciting edible medium.

is there any other ROA for vyvanse other than oral?
Nope.

Sometimes simple answers are the best, but shout out if you want an explanation from the army of willing and knowledgable BLers.

is it just me or does vyvanse give you ridiculous cotton mouth? i dont get that on any other stim besides vyvanse (and ive pretty much tried them all), its really weird, even meth doesnt do that to me.

is it just me or does vyvanse give you ridiculous cotton mouth? i dont get that on any other stim besides vyvanse (and ive pretty much tried them all), its really weird, even meth doesnt do that to me.

it did at the begening, drink water in reasonable amount. I might start separating the dose in two indgestion by day because it seems like my digestive systeme is FAST too FAST

Oh the days and nights spent on vyvanse. I love the shit. Havent had any in a couple months though. Started off with doses with 30 mg, and then up to 120mg.

I am feeling that vyvanse is not working the way it was before and not lasting more than 7 hours. I'm taking 70mgs (the highest per pill). Its very sad cause it is the only thing that really helped me with my adhd and my motivation/depression. I'm going to ask my dr to up my dose, maybe 100mgs? I hope it gets lil stronger and last more. Would apreciate your opinions. I don't have the option for boosters cause I live in Brazil and here we only have concerta, ritalin or vyvanse. And Ritalin/concerta doesnt work at all. So any help would be great. thank you guys.

Skibler, do you take 120 all at once or you spread them. if so, how do you "manage" it, I mean how long you wait for the second dose. And if you take all at once, does it last longer enough?

I sometimes take 140mgs at onces and I think it lasts maybeee a little bit longer, but taking it all once just gives me more intense effects throughout the day. But idk about lasting longer, I tend to always take mine pretty late in the day anyway around 1pm but I can usually sleep by 12.

I get extreme dry mouth from vyvanse, which isn't uncommon to my knowledge.

And idk about anyone else, but if I take my dose and then sleep until it kicks in, it's really awkward and strange waking up lol. Not sure how to explain that one.

do these feelings of high tend to continue after long-term use or not? I know there is tolerance, but even with it can I still feel a burst of motivation along with focus or the magic fades away. With ritalin and coke I never produced tolerance though

I get extreme dry mouth from vyvanse, which isn't uncommon to my knowledge.

And idk about anyone else, but if I take my dose and then sleep until it kicks in, it's really awkward and strange waking up lol. Not sure how to explain that one.

The cotton mouth is completely unbearable for me on vyvanse. Today at school while on 180mgs i could not get enough liquids to reduce the dryness. The taste left by the dry mouth is what gets me though. IMO its the worse taste ive experienced in the longest time.

As for dosing before sleep i feel the same. Last night i set an alarm for 4 A.M. woke up to the alarm and parachuted 150mgs then fell back asleep. At about 6 i felt the effects and abruptly woke up with the oddest feeling.. almost like i had slept for weeks and my body had gotten the fullest rest possible along with lots of head tingles. This set my day up for a productive attitude :)