• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

^^^^
is itpossible to use l-tyrosine to cleave off the l-lysine?

Of course not, tyrosine is just an amino acid.

I'm not aware of any simple compound capable of cleaving d-amp from lisdex. The cleavage only takes place in the presence of the serine endopeptidase called trypsin, which is the enzyme responsible for catalyzing the hydrolysis of peptide bonds in positively-charged residues like lysine.

I found this on vyvanase when I was researching it. Jus got it scripted.

Why? Bacteria? is unlikely.

Also

My doctor said I can open the capsule and take half of it at first if I want and also if I need extra.

Also what's the maximum anyone has ever been one? I started at 50 will got 100 in 2 weeks.

Oh it came from:
rxlist.com/vyvanse

That's horse#$^, my Dr. will only give me 70 a day and and I'm already becoming tolerant of that.

I'm prescribed 70mgs Vyvanse once a day and it takes about an hour and a half to start feeling an increase in focus. I took 140mgs yesterday and still felt the same as 70mgs. Its a very subtle stimulant imo and is definitely better addiction wise(almost impossible to abuse) compared to the other ADD meds out there. If you're looking for a rush and nice euphoria, turn the other way lol. But if you are legitimately looking for an increase in focus/concentration w/o the speedy stim feeling, then its a pretty good choice.

Agreed good sir, though it takes me 2 hours now =/

vyvanse

my doc said he will prescribe me this or XR adderall. it sounds like the group vote is that this has less negative side effects than addy. is that what im getting?

if youve been on both please tell me which one youd rather have, and why.

i hope someone still reads this.

I'm new so sorry if I'm not doing this right, but I have tried a handful of different add meds. Adderal used to be my favorite until I started having horrible.side effects such as picking at my face to the point of permanently scaring it, going absolutely crazy psychotic and delusional, massive crippling panic attacks, etc. I recently started Vyvanse and I love it . It gets the job done and it just feels like so much more of a cleaner high. I can sleep at night on it. I can eat, although my appetite is a little decreased but at least I can eat a descent amount. With adderal I could not eat anything. So definately theraputicly(yes I know that's not spelled right) imo it is the best add med, but if your looking to abuse and get all "thwacked out" It's not the best. And yes I have abused the s*it out of these meds but currently I am taking them as directed and I have been very satisfied. If heaven forbid one of my children were to get diagnosed with ADHD and I had no other option but to put them on meds I would definately recommend Vyvanse. And of course I'm not a Dr and I don't know a whole lot I'm just speaking from my own experience with taking these meds. I doubt it did but I hope it did possibly help someone. Thanks for taking The time to read this, sorry its kinda long:)

Man i got a script for adderall xr recently...
I took vyvanse a few years ago, bout 2 70mg from a friend for 4$..took both and felt NOTHING other than minor jitterieness..

And i have to say these adderall atleast GET YOU HIGH...

THese kids now are paying $5 for a 70mg v.!! And they offer me $2-3 for my 20's addy xr??!
They say it fucks them up way better than adderall but i think these people are too weak minded and susceptable to propaganda(aka BULLSHIT) that the placebo effect rapes them idk but now i have to find better clientel
:|
Get high%)

The first time I took Vyvanse, I ingested 2 50mg pills and... I was GONE. I was literally jogging in place, as I took a shower, because I couldn't stand still. At no point in my life have I ever felt the desire to just run. The euphoria was insane, on par with an MDMA experience. I've never had a more enjoyable experience on any prescription Amphetamine. I'm not sure what happened with you, but I definitely prefer Vyvanse over anything else.

K so this is my first time posting on here.. dont even know if im doing it right so sorry if im not. Im a 19 year old girl and i got 40 mg vyvanse from my friend when she was done with her perscription. im pretty small.. 5'3'' and 112 pounds. i took on this morning for my exam around 8:30 and it worked great and i feel awesome. Wondering if it would be bad idea to take another one now to study for the rest of my exams better. This isnt my first time taking a stimulant but it is my first time taking any kind of adhd/add medicine.

Hey guys i usually recreationally take 3- 50mg vyvanse capsules equaling 150mg of the drug but i feel like its not where i want it to be anymoe and i was wondering if i could take 4 caps- 200mg?; does anyone know the lethal dose? I have veen on and off amphetamines and ritilan for two years so i have a pretty big tolerance , i used to mess around with ecstacy bombs mainly cut wit met also so i feel like ill be alright but i wanna make sure.

How can i potentiate vyvanse after ingesting it? or cant i? i feel like the effects have lessened not gone away on my fourth day of taking it. maybe its because i took it and went back to sleep so im still kinda waking up? any vitamins or maybe pepto? I have prometh DM i know dxm reverses tolerance or do i need to go get pure dxm? and when should i take the dxm?

I've gotten away with eight-hundred mgs over the course of a day, with only a little previous amphetamine experience. I think you could get away with 200 mg at once. I was doing 150 at once, repeated with about another 100 once it kicked in, throughout the day. Not very wise in my opinion, but I got away with it.

One of my favorite experiences with Vyvanse was when I ingested 100-150 mg. and went right to sleep. I woke up feeling an awesome dopamine release that reminded me in ways of waking up to the effects of MDMA. It was lovely. I only wish I had a woman with me at the time. I may have actually potentiated the effects this time though. I took an antacid some time before ingesting the Vyvanse. I don't know if that increased the effects or not.

Last edited:
anyone whose prescribed vyvanse, can you tell me if you've felt as if your craving for other drugs has diminished? Maybe its just me, but I havent realy even wanted to do anything else really, even some of my favorites. Just want to know if anyone else experienced this.

^
its cause Shire pharm reps are pushing doctors hard to switch over to their new cash cow.. i cant deny its a well designed medication, but its not for everyone. frankly i was prescribed vyvanse first, but bullshit it lasts 10-12 hours maybe its in your SYSTEM for that long. but vyvanse has a much worse comedown than adderall for me, to the point where i was having massive mood swings towards the tail end of my work day. i got adderall booster prescribed honestly the vyvanse is just an after thought for me as it kinda works behind the scenes while the adderall gives me that kick that im used to.

the only way to potentiate vyvanse, short of all that cleaving nonsense, is to alkalize your blood through pH balancing diets (lots of greens and disgusting stuff, no thanks lol)

I need to take this stuff for my ADD, but the doctor is stubborn and won't adjust my dose properly...

...So, I set out, did a LOT of research, and learned some tricks to boost the efficacy of my normal dose.

My understanding is this:

Vyvanse is a pro-drug. This means it must be metabolized in your gut by various digestive enzymes in the liver. These enzymes are commonly called "protease", and there are more that act on the chemical its-self. There are only so many digestive enzymes in your gut at any one time, serving as a "capper", and creating a ceiling effect. This is partially why it is extended release, because the Vyvanse molecule MUST be altered in order for it to become psychoactive. In simple terms: Each molecule has to wait their turn in line before the Vyvanse is turned into Dextroamphetamine.

So, logically, I went to go buy some digestive enzymes from the local walmart to take with the Vyvanse!

Lo and behold, it helped! A lot, too! I was taking 40mg with little effect before I did this. Taking the digestive enzymes (one capsule 30 minutes before, and one capsule at the same time as taking the Vyvanse), and I noticed a MARKED improvement in onset. I was thrilled with the results, actually. Please be weary of crappy digestive enzymes. Many vendors will sell low-grade stuff which doesn't work too well.

The above is one seemingly good way to make this stuff work better. I'll share a few more.

Magnesium seems to slow tolerance to most all amphetamines, or so I have read and experienced, including the dextroamphetamine in Vyvanse. I have a bottle of high quality magnesium tablets that I take, once an hour beforehand (in the morning), and once while consuming the Vyvanse. This seems to me to help quite a lot with lengthening the effective time of the medicine.

Anything acidic in terms of orangejuice or vinegar will destroy the Vyvanse. This is critical and important to remember. The way Vyvanse is taken out of the blood stream is about 30-50% excretion from the bladder and the rest through other means. If your bladder is acidic, (or indeed your body in general is acidic), the vyvanse will be processed and removed from your system much faster. In short, anything acid is the enemy of ADD medicines, and will shorten duration and intensity. So if you want to get the most out of your medicine, avoid them!

***If I want to get to sleep and the medicine is still working, I drink a glass of lemonade to get rid of the medicine in my blood.

I also consume a spoon-full of baking soda. I dose this the same as I do the Magnesium. This ties in with the acid avoidance tip, except it is the exact inverse! The more "basic" or alkaline your urine/body becomes, the harder it is for your body to excrete the medication. I try to tend towards alkaline foods in the morning to promote the Vyvanse, skipping the OJ, and start eating more acidic foods later in the evening to get rid of it so I can sleep. This increases the strength, (I'm roughly guessing, here), by about 20-35%. It also extends the medication's coverage for another two hours.

I do hope I helped some of the people who aren't seeing what they would like to get out of Vyvanse as far as symptom control. These tips helped me A LOT, and my ADD symptoms are mastered. If this helped someone else, I am happy to have spent a while writing this.

But be warned to those who want to use these tips to abuse Vyvanse and "get high": You are on a road to destruction. :^/

Last edited:
Man i got a script for adderall xr recently...
I took vyvanse a few years ago, bout 2 70mg from a friend for 4$..took both and felt NOTHING other than minor jitterieness..

And i have to say these adderall atleast GET YOU HIGH...

THese kids now are paying $5 for a 70mg v.!! And they offer me $2-3 for my 20's addy xr??!
They say it fucks them up way better than adderall but i think these people are too weak minded and susceptable to propaganda(aka BULLSHIT) that the placebo effect rapes them idk but now i have to find better clientel
:|
Get high%)

you are RIGHT in saying that Adderall fucks you up better than Vyvanse, but the reason most people think this way is because most people take these kind of drugs as "Study drugs" or just to make school more fun. Adderall IS stronger, but it lasts much shorter and is much more tweakier IME. Both are great drugs, but IMO Vyvanse is for school/projects and Adderall is for mixing with other drugs/partying

Oh, and another thing:

Vyvanse was incredibly useful in Opiate Withdrawal for me. I know this may sound counter-intuitive with it being a stimulant, and one might think that it might make all of the symptoms of withdrawal 10x worse. But it seemingly doesn't.

It just so happened that I had to get off the pain medicine from a recent back problem/surgery about the same time as I was placed on the Vyvanse. That, and the doctor was unwilling to prescribe me the Vyvanse as long as I had the prescription for Oxycodone. I was on the Oxycodone for about 5 months for a spinal problem at 30mg a day. I hate to admit it, but I was starting to crave the Oxycodone.

Anyways, I ended the painkillers practically cold-turkey and started right off the next day with Vyvanse. Not one single craving. Not one single withdrawal symptom except for clammy hands and some minor aches in my legs.

I thought I would just throw that out there. Might help someone somewhere. *shrug*

anyone whose prescribed vyvanse, can you tell me if you've felt as if your craving for other drugs has diminished? Maybe its just me, but I havent realy even wanted to do anything else really, even some of my favorites. Just want to know if anyone else experienced this.

Yup.

Just made a post about it's effect on my prescribed pain medicine.

Whoa, so that's why I've been getting all those hallucinatory dreams! Along with benzos I recently started taking taking Ambien as well to sleep. The ultra-realistic dreams started happening right away. For example, I'd have a Technicolor dream of being somewhere else -- a motel maybe -- and get up in the middle of the night thinking I had to check out and attend some special event.

I'd wake up (sort of) and be getting ready to shower at, like, 3:00 a.m. when my partner would ask what the fuck I was doing. Then I'd fully awake and realize I was in my own bathroom.

Maybe this is the Vyvanse and Ambien interacting. It's never happened to me before. Thank goodness these are not scary dreams. In fact I find them funny as hell afterward, but realize I can't go on forever with these things, so gotta either develop a tolerance to them or make a meds change.

Like you, I'm an insomniac. I started Benzos years ago. Now, along with the Ambien to knock me out, I take two Temazepam and four Xanax! Be really careful upping your benzo dosage -- they are one of the most addictive drugs and take forever to taper. I started the Ambien recently to supplement the benzos. Maybe I'll be able to taper the benzos and still get some sleep due to the Ambien. In the meantime, I'll see you in my dreams!

A few weeks ago I messed up my back. It's serious, worn-out disc. I don't need to fake back pain or BP2 because already I've already got those problems and don't want to be a non-functioning garbagehead anyway. Nevertheless we all need a break once in a while so . . . The orthopedic surgeon wrote me for 90 Norco 10/325s plus two refills. Let's just say the the right dosage, at the right times, of Vyvanse/Norco/Temazepam can make your day a pleasant one from beginning to end.

Oh yeah, one last thing about some ppl who respond negatively to Vyvanse. This is totally normal, as everybody's brain is different. Because so many here like Vivanse, I would recommend trying it if Adderoll doesn't work for you. (It didn't for me.)

And yes, I too have had some very odd things happen while on both ambien and Vyvance I, personally, believe they interact. If I don't go immediately to sleep after I take the ambien, I start to hallucinate and my eyes go crossed. :^/

I have used Ambien for a long time, and never before had I experienced hallucinations like that untill I was put on Vyvanse.

Rodger&Me said:
I'm not aware of any simple compound capable of cleaving d-amp from lisdex. The cleavage only takes place in the presence of the serine endopeptidase called trypsin, which is the enzyme responsible for catalyzing the hydrolysis of peptide bonds in positively-charged residues like lysine.
BuddingPharmacist said:
Vyvanse is a pro-drug. This means it must be metabolized in your gut by various digestive enzymes in the liver. These enzymes are commonly called "protease", and there are more that act on the chemical its-self. There are only so many digestive enzymes in your gut at any one time, serving as a "capper", and creating a ceiling effect. This is partially why it is extended release, because the Vyvanse molecule MUST be altered in order for it to become psychoactive. In simple terms: Each molecule has to wait their turn in line before the Vyvanse is turned into Dextroamphetamine
Vyvanse isn't metabolized in the gut by trypsin like you'd think. It is converted to dextroamphetamine by the hydrolytic action of red blood cells. That's why monkeys/humans liked IV lisdexamfetamine. And why the DEA made it schedule II. You want to turn it into dextroamphetamine, leave it in some blood. Not these digestive enzymes.

Really vyvanse is fucking pointless since it's schedule II. Clobenzorex, and benzphetamine are cheaper prodrugs for dexamp and dexmeth. IV adderall/dexedrine isn't a problem in the first place.Shire is solving a problem that doesn't exist. It just another cash cow for shire now that Adderall XR is generic, which also was no real advancement above Biphetamine(10mg amphetamine and 10mg dextroamphetamine in an ion-exchange resin, the famous black beauties) Desoxyn gradumet or Dexedrine Spansule. Hell adderall is an irrational combination of different amphetamine salts with no advantage over dexedrine.

Urgez said:
but bullshit it lasts 10-12 hours maybe its in your SYSTEM for that long.
A dirty little secret is lisdexamphetamine isn't extended release. lisdextroamphetamine's(opps, i mean lisdexamfetamine, can't have people thinking it's speed) half life is less than 1 hour, and it peaks in 1 hour. blood levels of lisdexamfetamine 'low and transient' and gone in 8 hours.
Who's willing to bet shire will 'discover' Vyvanse XR right when the patent of Vyvanse expires?
Shady Kaity said:
anyone whose prescribed vyvanse, can you tell me if you've felt as if your craving for other drugs has diminished?
BuddingPharmacist said:
Vyvanse was incredibly useful in Opiate Withdrawal for me.
Opiate addict will get satisfaction from stimulants. Someone told me they didn't feel sick after smoking meth. This is what the morphine-benzedrine scale is based on.