• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

^irony

i walked into the doctors office today and walked out with 90 20mg adderall IR's. lol
my thoughts on the vyvanse:
after having abused IRs on and off for a year or so, the vyvanse feels like a whole different drug. it has this eerie quality of blending into your day, which would normally be good but i don't need it for 10 hours or whatever. i need it to get my papers done. pay my bills and shit. not enough kick for me, haven't tried the adderall xr's though.

Speedy help please!

I used to be an Adderall lover, took it often for recreation, just listened to music -read- and smoked cigs. Great philosophical high!

A friend is willing to give me a meeger 30mg Adderall tomorrow which is fine, better than nothing.

He is going to give me some Vyvanse aswell, but I dont know what the hell to make of it, even after reading hundreds of posts etc...

I want to combine them- but Im a bit afraid. Have no idea what to expect...

My best guess is to take Vyvanse first, sit on it for an hour, then start hitting the Adderall... I dont know...

Please help me figure out whats the best ASAP! Im so exited =D

THANKS!

I used to be an Adderall lover, took it often for recreation, just listened to music -read- and smoked cigs. Great philosophical high!

A friend is willing to give me a meeger 30mg Adderall tomorrow which is fine, better than nothing.

He is going to give me some Vyvanse aswell, but I dont know what the hell to make of it, even after reading hundreds of posts etc...

I want to combine them- but Im a bit afraid. Have no idea what to expect...

My best guess is to take Vyvanse first, sit on it for an hour, then start hitting the Adderall... I dont know...

Please help me figure out whats the best ASAP! Im so exited =D

THANKS!

(i don't know if this belongs in BDD or not... my apologies if so)

you say you used to abuse adderall. how long ago was this and what was the magnitude? you refer to 30mgs as meager (do you mean XR or IR?). im assuming then that you have some objective level of tolerance. How many mgs is your vyvanse pill? its not dangerous to mix the two, necessarily. substantially its the same active ingredient delivered differently. i have taken the two together quite some times; as long as you know your general tolerance for amphetamines you'll be ok.

yes. vyvanse first, adderall (assuming you mean IR) after 2-3 hours. this might seem like a long time, but you need to give the vyvanse time to metabolize into dextroamphetamine. i suppose this will also depend on what you want to get out of this experience. magnitude of high? or length of high? (wait longer). if you mean adderall XR and you're looking for the best bang for buck, the option of crushing the beads and snorting the 30 over a period of time (maybe 10mg every couple of hours?) exists... but i would NOT recommend this if you are unaccustomed to this practice. if you're going for a marathon you're basically set taking both orally, almost regardless of the time lapse between the two. i haven't tried XR and vyvanse together but i'd imagine that the peaks and valleys caused by the adderall would be mitigated by the vyvanse which has a much more linear effect, for the most part.

of course the best idea of all is to take the vyvanse alone first, and get a feel for it before you mix (it sounds like you haven't tried them before). but it also sounds like you're limited by supply. :p

have fun, be safe, and don't forget to stay hydrated and EAT if you can!

Last edited:
Thanks!

(i don't know if this belongs in BDD or not... my apologies if so)

you say you used to abuse adderall. how long ago was this and what was the magnitude? you refer to 30mgs as meager (do you mean XR or IR?). im assuming then that you have some objective level of tolerance. How many mgs is your vyvanse pill? its not dangerous to mix the two, necessarily. substantially its the same active ingredient delivered differently. i have taken the two together quite some times; as long as you know your general tolerance for amphetamines you'll be ok.

yes. vyvanse first, adderall (assuming you mean IR) after 2-3 hours. this might seem like a long time, but you need to give the vyvanse time to metabolize into dextroamphetamine. i suppose this will also depend on what you want to get out of this experience. magnitude of high? or length of high? (wait longer). if you mean adderall XR and you're looking for the best bang for buck, the option of crushing the beads and snorting the 30 over a period of time (maybe 10mg every couple of hours?) exists... but i would NOT recommend this if you are unaccustomed to this practice. if you're going for a marathon you're basically set taking both orally, almost regardless of the time lapse between the two. i haven't tried XR and vyvanse together but i'd imagine that the peaks and valleys caused by the adderall would be mitigated by the vyvanse which has a much more linear effect, for the most part.

of course the best idea of all is to take the vyvanse alone first, and get a feel for it before you mix (it sounds like you haven't tried them before). but it also sounds like you're limited by supply. :p

have fun, be safe, and don't forget to stay hydrated and EAT if you can!

Urgez your the man, thanks for the quick reply!
Good points- and good questions. Im guessing IR is generic? And XR is the bead/capsul form? (Im so lazy to research) I used to do up to 100mg of generic, and up to 60mg of XR over a roughly 16H period-(a year ago).
Im definitely a long haul kind of person- the longer I can last the better. Not sure how much Vyvance Im gonna get... Thought it would help me stretch the 30mg of ADRL over a period of about 10+ hours keeping "peeky". Looking to have epiphanies about the universe over that time (which is my usual goal) haha. So Im trying to stay as 'UP' for as long as I can.
My main concern was how they reacted together since I have never tried Vyvance before.

Dude^ Start with the vyvanse, just one; see how you feel.... then add 10-20mgs of adderall at a time... spaced out by an 1 1/2 for each one. ANd don't go above 30-50 mgs

I found this on vyvanase when I was researching it. Jus got it scripted.

yvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) capsules may be taken whole, or the capsule may be opened and the entire contents dissolved in a glass of water. The solution should be consumed immediately and should not be stored.

Why? Bacteria? is unlikely.

Also

The dose of a single capsule should not be divided. The contents of the entire capsule should be taken, and patients should not take anything less than one capsule per day.

My doctor said I can open the capsule and take half of it at first if I want and also if I need extra.

Also what's the maximum anyone has ever been one? I started at 50 will got 100 in 2 weeks.

Oh it came from:
rxlist.com/vyvanse

ive done 140mg of vyvanse in one day. mind you i had taken a lower dose the day before so my tolerance was up some. if i took a 4 or 5 day break i wouldnt take more than 90mgs in a day just because one time i took 120mgs in a day with a week break before and had mad panic attacks, paranoia, and almost passed out lol.

I went from a 10 mg dosage of adderall to a 30 mg dosage of vyvanse it says its the same thing but since I have ADHD I would have expected it to help me concentrate just like my adderall. I have been off the adderall for about 2 1/2 weeks because its $154 a month for 30 pills of the lowest dosage. Anyway the vyvanse felt so good but i i did have a stomach ache before I took it and when I got home I went up stairs and shit, I had bad diahreea and normally it burns and stings but this kicked in right before I sat down and shtitting became fun to me. I don't plan on getting addicted but it sure is a good way to have fun!!

Here is what I did while experimenting with turning vyvanse into dexamph.

Put it in lemon juice and slight amount of vinegar. Boiled it for about half an hour.

It's definitely dex amp. Kicked it 15-20 minutes later.

I did this based on reading about how to break a peptide bond. One way is an enzyme and the other is boiling in strong acid for 24 hours. I was hoping that some cleavage will be done with my method and it seems that it worked.

Oh and the talk about lemon juice being acidic so it slows down the absorption of amphetamines seems to be wrong from what I read. It actually turns alkaline in the stomach.

Put it in lemon juice and slight amount of vinegar. Boiled it for about half an hour.

I did this based on reading about how to break a peptide bond. One way is an enzyme and the other is boiling in strong acid for 24 hours. I was hoping that some cleavage will be done with my method and it seems that it worked.

Oh and the talk about lemon juice being acidic so it slows down the absorption of amphetamines seems to be wrong from what I read. It actually turns alkaline in the stomach.

do you have a source for the boiling thing? sounds very interesting and quite simple. also after you boil it do you just drink it?

OMG, question about Vyvanse.

Ok so I take around 130-150 mg by parachuting it at around 1 p.m no later than 3 p.m iv noticed, right now I'ma try a lil bit earlier to dose BECAUSE although through out tha whole day I'm pretty upbeat, concentrated & tweaaked ;) But when it starts getting around 10 or 11 I personally start feeling it to dissapear quickly (atleast those obvious main effects). So while around 12 I'm feeling tha comedown & yes it sucks a little bit but not bad, so few mins or so into 12 I pop 1mg Lorazepam (knowing it helps with comedowns-sleep) then wait 30 mins or so & im laying down trying to go to sleep peacefully but either my eye lids slooowly open themselves up without me trying or I just lay there ina kinda awake-sleep state but its not sleep at all, so i quickly dissolved .5 or 1mg more lorzepam to do tha trick.. but nope.. still laying awake all night. Even more to my frustration last night was IN between tha 2.5mgs of lorazepam I took, I slipped 6mg MELATONIN pills ( 2 3mg's) .. Stiill nothing satisfying, about an hour or two sleep here n I will always keep waking up, ugh .

Sorry for tha long backstory but finally my question is WHY IN THA BLUE HELL Is vyvanse lasting so damn long& preventing me from sleeping decently, even chewing up benzos & natural sleep aids :( ?? Is it the moderatley high dose I take, for recreational?

P.S. Also, would it possibly be better to spread out my full Vyvanse dose, maybe couple hours apart (like starting hour 1 after tha first dose kicks in) would that give me tha best out of it ? Thank youuu

Last edited:
Vyvanse is a pro-drug for dextroamphetamine (a.k.a. Dexedrine, d-amphetamine, dexamphetamine, etc). Because your body has to convert the Vyvanse into dextroamphetamine before you feel effects, spacing out your doses will probably make it last even longer than it is now.

Vyvanse does, by its nature, last a really long time. I wouldn't recommend taking it in the afternoon, it was designed to last all day and into the evening (think going to school or work for 8-9 hours and then doing homework afterwords, etc).

Vyvanse is a pro-drug for dextroamphetamine (a.k.a. Dexedrine, d-amphetamine, dexamphetamine, etc). Because your body has to convert the Vyvanse into dextroamphetamine before you feel effects, spacing out your doses will probably make it last even longer than it is now.

Vyvanse does, by its nature, last a really long time. I wouldn't recommend taking it in the afternoon, it was designed to last all day and into the evening (think going to school or work for 8-9 hours and then doing homework afterwords, etc).

Yeah Iv read up about that, supposedly to last 12 hours max but I guess with huge doses that may increase :/ Only reason because, I usually wake up around 11a.m 12p.m cuz its Suuummer guys :) & I usually go outside with friends or do sum tasks so being focused, concentrated & feelin tweaked is great then, dont think being tweaked out stuck inside would be that much fun :p
Thankss yall for tha replies

What is the best method of administration for increasing the potentiation of vyvanse? Would letting it settle in 100 degree water help degrade some of the fillers in the powder? Then drinking the water after about 40 minutes?

I know changing your stomach PH is a way...

If you read the patent literature on lisdexamfetamine, you'll see that they boiled it in concentrated HCl for 24+ hours and reported no significant degradation into amphetamine. Its actually a pretty interesting read, they did all sorts of stuff to lisdex and the molecule stayed intact through it all (strong acids, bases, extreme temperatures, etc). I'm fairly convinced that the only way to liberate amphetamine from lisdexamfetamine is through enzymatic catalysis.

I highly doubt boiling in lemon juice and vinegar would liberate any bound amphetamine at all; I always feel vyvanse kick in within 15 minutes, there's plenty of trypsin in the small intestine so the conversion should happen quickly. I bet if you ran some analysis on that soln it would have shown up as 100% lisdex.

I'm prescribed 70mgs Vyvanse once a day and it takes about an hour and a half to start feeling an increase in focus. I took 140mgs yesterday and still felt the same as 70mgs. Its a very subtle stimulant imo and is definitely better addiction wise(almost impossible to abuse) compared to the other ADD meds out there. If you're looking for a rush and nice euphoria, turn the other way lol. But if you are legitimately looking for an increase in focus/concentration w/o the speedy stim feeling, then its a pretty good choice.